synchrony

• Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks

I love Synchrony, however.

This is a great client and customer service work at home opportunity. I love managers in CLIENT service department. You get on-site or offsite meetings and development for new procedures or to learn something that we struggle with, but im interested in how to advance in the totem pole..pool. my manager was very supportive of getting me to meet and network with managers in other departments and had I stayed I might have attempted to compete with many other candidates. The pay for having a (not so important to synchrony) BS Degree made it easy to not stay. I lasted 3 years and decided it's time to find something that will see my qualities and offer more... thank you client service mangers, it was a fun experience and I am grateful for my experience.

Pros

Work at home quartly meetings, CLIENT service Managers who care and are flexible

Cons

Not recognized on achievements, No real ability to move or for advancement especially in part-time position, on phones start to finish, Repetitive

Fun work place

Fun work place, always having events. Really care about employees and benefits are amazing. Even threw me a baby shower! Benefits start day one and weekly pay.

Pros

Benefits, Activities, food.

Cons

Customers can be difficult, They will put you in another department regardless on your input, have to stay 6 months

High turnover, don't be fooled!

January 2022 bad place to work for the average wage worker. People quit everday. If you have it in you to be taken to the limit of your mental health go on and do it. But if you are optimistic overall about life and people then, don't do this kind work! It will ruin you. I used to be great at customer service 10 years in hospitality, I thought I saw it all but get folks on the phone and you realize how messed up the world really is. The managers here don't care what you go through only that you stay plugged in and on the phone. It's unfortunate how many people have left here and needed therapy just from this job alone. It is a rubbish job and employees should not be required to work 8hours a day in this function. Very mentally and emotionally drianing. Enter at your own risk.

Pros

Paid time off without an interrogation.

Cons

No mental health support, Heavy work load, Several ways to become ineligible for raises and bonuses, Diverse and Inclusive but only on paper not an actual practice, Many have quit already

Love the culture, work life balance and the ability to move up if you want. Also gives option to work from home. The benefits are great and so is the pay.

Customer service

Amazing place to work. Cares for employees and great growth opportunities. Back to bsck calls keeps you busy and day go back quick. Vacation time is available after first 90 days.

One of the tops Best Places to Work

Company really care about agents and how they feel. They provide extra days for a holiday that are required to work, they also have personal hours in addition to vacation and sick days. Medical insurance are excellent and very affordable. Company provides Performance Bonus, Christmas Bonus and other. 401k is also available. Company also pays school tuition, gym fees. Work from home and flex time is also available.

Pros

Excellent salary, Double time available, 401k, excellent Bonus, Excellent Health Insurance

Cons

Work weekends, availability of taking time off in weekends is difficult, vacation are somewhat limited

Great

It’s in the great place to work for a reason best job ever and now top pay weekly pay day one benefits and time off and flexible scheduling! Best company ever

Good benefits. Good people.

Never once did i feel out of place working at Synchrony. They play close attention to work/life balance and view their employees as human beings and not just assets to push production. Would recommend.

Very bad for mental health. Great benefits and pay

Synchrony as an employer is great and they definitely take care of their employees. The actual job its self is awful. You are basically a human punching bag for upset customers. Not worth it even with the good benefits.

Pros

Great benefits and pay

Cons

Bad for mental health and hard to grow within

Great place

Great environment to work at, managers are nice and helpful. Plenty room for advancement. Excellent benefits and also very flexible for a nice family work balance.

Love the fact that you can grow with this company.

Good pay great benefits and management listen to your concerns. I can say that I have add any bad experiences her and I have been here since 2018. Overall to me is very good company.

Collections isn’t for everyone, the culture isn’t bad

I can’t criticize synchrony too much. The culture wasn’t flawless but they tried. Management wasn’t fantastic and didn’t set up for success. They experience over and it shows.

Pros

Training

Cons

Lower level management

Only cares about outward appearance

Puts a lot of effort into how they are perceived re diversity and culture but the effort doesn’t trickle down to SVPs/mgt for how people are treated. Train your managers to be good people leaders and not everyone should lead people just because they had a little bit of success in a role. Care about more than just the SVPs and above. No career growth, leaders are super “clicky” and they prioritize interns getting roles over people who have been at the company a long time and successful in their roles and work. Spend as much time aligning the inner culture all the way through each level of the org vs just making it seem like you are a great company from what you promote on the outside. Make your pay more competitive. Let the org see what level roles are within the org, not just when a role is posted and work on parity from role to role for similar work.

Pros

Benefits and 401k

Cons

No Career advancement opportunities; terrible SVP leaders

Fun work place

It's a fun work place they try and keep the employees engaged.Some great management, they have an open door policy so you can speak out if something is not been done. Great benefits

BENEFITS are what keeps you there

Currently working from home I am grateful for the opportunity since the beginning of the Pandemic, Fortunately what stands out of the work is the Schedule IF you can Keep up with Metrics and have good numbers ,If not they move you down the ladder of schedules. The other part that stands out are the benefits, The bonuses at the end of year. It’s stressful to be the frontline in costumer service the back to back it’s DAILY you feel under pressure all the time.And they keep changing or adding Procedures on every account which at the end of the day affects Your Numbers and Metrics It’s like they want you to Fail It’s very contradictory.

Pros

Pto, Flex, Bonuses, they pay weekly

Cons

Back to back, Pressure, Unrealistic Metrics

Good company, still growing.

Great company overall. Work/life balance can be very hard, depending on role, a lot of burnout. Did an amazing job supporting employees during Covid.

Pros

Great co-workers, inclusive and supportive culture, very client focused, excellent benefits, lot of opportunity for growth, company is on fore front of progressive leadership principles

Cons

Most teams and leaders very supportive and caring others do not truly care about employee well/being, Mostly veryinclusive except for older employees, there is definitely bias against age here, Opportunity with hiring being made based on merit vs. friendships, Healthcare costs for exempt employees is very high.

Bad culture for hourly

For people who get paid by the hour, I do not recommend Synchrony as a place to work. You’re looked at constantly like you’re going to do something against company policy. I told them many times I felt like a second class citizen working there as an hourly employee and was ignored every time.

Pros

PTO is plentiful

Cons

Getting treated as if you’re going to do something wrong. From my first day there, I was told everything I could do to get fired and it never got better

Awesome company but hate customer service

The company is great with more than 90 hours of PTO available, $21 an hour minimum wage and 24 weeks of maternity leave after your first year but I work as a customer service rep and hate it. Nothing to do with the company just the position sucks.

Pros

$21hr minimum wage and tons of time off

Cons

Non-stop customer service calls back to back

Cares for employees.

Amazing company!! Bank really cares about employees. Great benefits and easy work from home job. Really grateful for working for them.

can be a fun place to work in office

I was with the company for almost 17 years and would recommend this job for anyone who wants to wok remotely. The company offers really good benefits and pay.

Pros

they look to help the agents

Cons

work from home

Friendly environment, great management and great coworkers to work with, you get all the help and knowledge you need to learn your job and well! The company and management appreciate your hard work! Alit of incentives, prizes and promote from within.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at synchrony. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

4.3
InHerSight Score
4.2Personal Development
4.4Career Opportunities
4.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight