synchrony
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

synchrony Employee Reviews

This company is built on diversity and inclusion. Much of the business (outside of finance) is rooted in these endeavors. You are encouraged to participate in some capacity. it will help in exposure and advancement opportunity
If you want to learn and advance your career, you can. You have to be honest with yourself, sometimes you might not get that desired position the first time. There maybe someone else more qualified. Just keep at it. You get out of it what you put into it.
Pros
Professional and relaxed environment.
Cons
Stable, but hard for professional growth. Promotions are political. Sales reps aren’t paid in accordance to growth. Great job flexibility, great if you have young kids.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Pay & advancement opportunities
The bad is having to work every weekend , it would so much better one weekend out of the month or every other weekend. The good is the company is always having activities.
Cons
I really didnt not experience any cons.
The bilingual site had to work with over 20 different type of credit clients and with little information. They pretend you know everything and read long and ambiguous documents and finish a call in less than 2 minutes and a half. Metrics are extreme, the customers are hostile and treat the reps poorly. Management does nothing about this. Reps are overworked and penalized for everything, even going to use the bathroom. The supervisors try to help as much as they can. There is a problem with communication about new procedures and compliance. Expectations for performance are illogical and evaluations are stressful.
Pros
Nice managers
Cons
No off phone time to acquire other skills, Favoritism, No growth opportunities, Bad communication between administration and employees.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
I really appreciate and enjoyed working for synchrony; the CEO cares for the employees and their families. The only thing I was not happy about was the fact that we were moved to a different state to continue with the Company, therefore I was not able to continue with the company, as my home is in Georgia. I am back in Georgia now and given the opportunity to work for Synchrony again, I would definitely Welcome the Opportunity to Rejoin the Synchrony Family.
Is a great place to work and they respect the diversity. I can say that i love my job and i feel happy to be part of the Synchrony family. Is always encouraging that makes you really try and give your best.
Great place to work, amazing health benefits and great pay . Raises are given yearly! Management is awesome . Need to be able to handle stress well . Take about 100 + calls a day .
First of all, I was collections, which in itself is a awful job. This company is always talking itself up but in reality they treat their employees horrible. They offer a bonus but will do whatever they can to take it away from you. Don’t make any small mistakes or that bonus is gone for 3-12 months. That also includes customers that just hang up on you, yeah that hurts your bonus even though you can’t control it. By the way, you need that bonus to survive because the base pay is nothing for what you have to deal with. They are notorious for firing people for odd reasons. They will instruct you to do something but will be angry that you aren’t on the phones even though THEY are the ones that asked you to help them. It’s not all bad though. If you somehow make it to management they will treat you like gold. It’s just almost impossible to get there if any of your superiors don’t like you. I suggest that if you have a heart that you don’t work in collections, let alone for this company.
Pros
The bonus, if you actually get it. You do get two 15 minute breaks
Cons
Poor mental health, poor pay, easy to lose bonus, no job security
I was promoted after 18 months here. Tons of opportunities to move within the company. Great benefits! Long training process. This company monitors everything! Flexible schedule. High call volume and I’m not a phone person. Free food on holidays and OT is available. The pay could be better. Sitting all day at a desk made me gain weight.
Pros
Benefits are excellent!
Cons
No time to leave your desk
Great culture! Excellent benefits and excellent opportunity growth. The company really tries to provide a lot of opportunity for growth and professional development. Good work-life balance.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Management, Ceo
Cons
Corporate priorities are all self serving. Unless you're part of the good old boys or girls club there are few opportunities here. Have undergone restructuring recently and more likely in the near future. Would look elsewhere.
Pros
Some work from home
Cons
Poor leadership from top down with unrealistic expectations becoming more and more common.
It was a call center so the rude customers and CCT goals were expected. However, in the transition to work at home there was little understanding in things not going right. I had to use paid sick days for technical issues out of my control. There were weeks I didn’t hardly hear from my manager except the email that included our CCT for the day, with the shift to work at home it would have been nice to hear something. Overall not terrible but the small things add up eventually
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
They tell you there’s opportunities to move up, there’s really not
As a collector you have outbound and inbounds calls all day. I approximately answer more than 60 calls per day. Some days are slow usually at night after 8pm you get less calls. I have the shift 1:30-10pm and they pay you a differential for the shift at night. The company has good benefits and they give you a lot of time off. They also offer VTO (Volunteer Time OFF) when the shift is slow you can apply for it when they offered it and you get off early obviously without paid for those hours. The job can be a stressful you have to collect past due accounts. They made evaluation every month about your performance since quality and collection and you have to at least have to manage your numbers to do avoid getting any report that may affected you as an employee.
Pros
Vto, free lunches, raffles, contest on the months and gift cards
Cons
shifts, metrics they used to evaluate monthly
management was terrible and they lie to make themselves look good. besides quality department, managers don't help you advance in the company. would never work here again
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks, no guidance
I only left because I'm a sales guy at heart. There is plenty of opportunity if you keep your head down and work. You can be involved in groups to network as well.
They offer lots of new learning opportunities and room for growth. They tend to choose favorites unfortunately and it can make for an unfair workplace.
Great company...ungrateful employees...complain about everything. Managers have no power. Afraid of complains. Worst performers are the biggest complainers.
Pros
Gptw
Cons
Weak management
Synchrony makes you feel cared for and supported. You have your goals and responsibilities clear. Management is always there to give you a guiding hand.
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
could pay better
Balanced work cultureGood payUpdate the technology Proper leave planningEmployee friendly Best team structure Proper planning on deliveryGood Client and vendor relation
Synchrony strives for diversity. They also show they care about their employees. When we had the tornadoes. Synchrony gave everyone extra money. Same with corona
Pros
Work life
Cons
Not enough pay for work
  1. Employee Reviews