synchrony Employee Reviews

Ejemplo: Ambiente de trabajo divertido con café gratis d
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXOctober 13, 2018
Tuve la expericka de trabajar con la compañía synchrony bank el cual estuve muy satisfecha con el trabajo. Me considero elegible para este puesto debido que tengo buena habilidad con el teclado y muy bien servicio al cliente.
Deceiving
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte NCOctober 13, 2018
This corporation is not a great place to work. The company is not honest. I witnessed unfair treatment on other employees and customers for raising concerns. I was terminated for raising a concern that I am sure the security team was aware of. The application systems used such as verint, jabber, genius, etc. operated at a slow pace causing several glitches. The security team consists of FBI, CIA, State and local officials however numerous customers with accounts obtained over 10 years experienced fraudulent activity on accounts enrolled in the online services provided by Synchrony Financial. Most managers served in the military. The customers spoke highly of the clients before entering into a contract with Synchrony for credit services. Most customers was unaware of the change in creditors and had no idea synchrony Financial was handling there credit accounts. Every concern raised was not taken serious and resolved in a timely manner. I have every reason to believe that customers, clients, and employees information was at risk. I raised numerous concerns. Every customers concern handled by me was documented and submitted to the correct location for reviewing. I started raising concerns when Synchrony launched with google. Every phone, computer, tablet, and electronic notebooks are equipped with google devices. When operating a phone please read what the apps can control and how they are developed to perform. Behind every app is a developer and of course stock buyers and owners of the app. Once consumers download and accept the terms and conditions they unknowingly  more... allow others to fully monitor, capture, and record their life for advertising and analytics purposes. Most electronic devices such as phones are program based already equipped with the apps and can not be removed. When bank corporations launch with major accounts such as google, amazon, YouTube, phone providers, etc to collect consumers data and information the employees become a target. For those working from home I would advise you to turn off cellphones, and electronic devices not relating to the job including amazon fire sticks. I would advise you to disconnect all devices connected to WIFI while connected to Synchrony and unplug the entire system after your shift ends. GE took a major collapse and decided to brand under a new name called Synchrony. The benefits is great however costly. The pay is horrible for the amount of work and multiple accounts being service by one person. When insurance is your major route to revenue and companies refuse to pay there workers decent pay but will provide life insurance policies close to $100,000 not to mention it doubles upon accidents, people be careful. The biggest investment this entity holds is the employees and the great ideas provided by the employees. The concerns raised was never resolved however google, amazon, apple, etc. has been sued, now facing lawsuits by millions of consumers and business owners in different countries for the same concern I raised. I am thankful to know that other countries and government agencies do not tolerate violations in human rights and will stand up and fight corporate America for displaying corrupted actions. My advise to you is stay far away from this place as possible.  less
Pros
Work balance life
Cons
Very deceitful
Not for the faint of heart
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 10, 2018
Awesome place to work if you can dedicate yourself the first 3 months, without missing any time. I was given the option to resign or be fired because I had the flu and my car broke down and missed more than 16 hours of work, the last month of their "90-day policy."
Management listens to you, you're well-trained and equipped with the necessary tools to succeed. Bonuses were the best part and it was competitive between employees, but I liked that. It drove us to collect more. You will be called every name in the book, but as the title says, this isn't for the faint of heart. This job is not for everyone. I have the collector bug and will apply for a new job, but if things don't work out I'd probably apply in 6-months again.
Pros
Bonuses, healthcare
Cons
90-day sick policy, lack of transparency
my review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHOctober 7, 2018
Working at Synchrony was the really good for me. When I stated it was GE and about 2 years after being there Synchrony took over and yes policy changes were done but I was able to adapt to them quickly. They were a very good company to work for.
Pros
room for growth
Cons
at times coaching would not be done
Great place
CUSTOMER COMPLAINT RESOLUTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  CantonOctober 6, 2018
Great place to work that offers unique benefits. Only wish the pay was more. currently no overtime available. Currently not slot of opportunity for advancement in the office I’m located
Stressful place
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHOctober 4, 2018
The job is very stressful. There are somethings that help with the stress and other things that add to the stress. The benefits are amazing and the amount of time that they give you to use for vacation and other things are alot
Great for building their employees
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHOctober 4, 2018
There is a lot of opportunity for advancements. The company gives you time to volunteer and they have lots of networks that you can join. African American network, Women's network, People with disabilities network, Asian Network, LGBT, and more. They have resume and interview training and they are an overall good company for job security.
Pros
job security, great benefits, job advancement
Extremely faced pace. Opportunity to handle customers problems.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2018
I enjoyed help people from all over the United States. I remained compliant with the state and federal regulations. I am so glad I was able to learn the finance end of this position.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not able to fully help customers due to time constraints.
Fintech company
messaging service delivery leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 30, 2018
Synchrony is an interesting environment. They separated from GE in 2014, and some of the current employees have been there a long time. They are definitely hesitant to make decisions or drive things forward. The company overall is well managed, with a major commitment to diversity. Several C-suite officers are women, including the CEO and CIO.
There is little work life balance and few options for professional training programs.
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 27, 2018
Synchrony provides employees a bank of volunteer hours each year, has ping-pong and pool tables on site and provide webcasts of leader briefings. Work life balance, however, is very hard to achieve.
Pros
Volunteer opportunities
Cons
Little work life balance

Want to know more about synchrony?

Ask a question
Understand that Synchrony is turning into Convergys slowly but surely
Fraud Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 25, 2018
As a former employee for 1 loyal year grab your pen & paper & take note
when I say RUN!‼️‼️‼️‼️ Run 🏃🏾‍♀️ As fast as you possibly can. As soon as they hear that the CEO or someone as close is visiting they throw you a food party to hype you up to act FAKE like everything is okay & you’re not being discriminated against! Tuhhh, The managers here are terrible Jonathan in Fraud especially , once they target you it’s true you will be out the door soon. They huddle up & talk about you & it shows CLEARLY!!! after work they do their dirt, get high & come to work high as well but as long as you stay on the phone & off their “coaching” list you are the best team member there is. It’s so sad that I almost wanted to spit in these supervisors faces here. Once you quit or get fired they don’t welcome you back on the premises to gather your belongings they mail them to you. Oh and before I go EVERYONE in HR especially Heather Hyatt I believe whichever one is the fat one are some straight up butt kissers excuse my French. As soon as you get corporate involved on their little schemes WATCH YOUR BACK !! That is all
Pros
You meet great team members
Cons
Managers, Floor Walkers, Hr, The whole company
Productive place to work
Lead Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHSeptember 21, 2018
Review email about issues/tickets or other items of interest. Participate in meetings if any. Design/develop applications, reports. Test applications/reports per criteria.
Engaging and friendly teams but still a call center
Care Credit Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2018
Synchrony is a wonderful company with excellent benefits, including full tuition reimbursement, medical/dental/vision/401k. The pay is not great, but they do have monthly bonuses available. The management is exceptional, and always eager to help you excell in your roll and help you promote.
Pros
Benefits on day one
Cons
Credit card services call center
collections
Collections Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Great company to work for, good benefits, excellent training for 4 weeks, very thorough, before you get on the floor for calls. But you are stuck to the phone all day, clock out for restroom, breaks, and your on a timer. You are recorded on every call, so dont have a bad day. But it has a lot of perks to the job and rewards for your hard work.
Pros
bonus
Cons
your on the phone 98% of day
Benefits best I have seen
DISPUTES RESOLUTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDSeptember 16, 2018
Great place to work great benefits. Management takes great care to ensure employees are happy and well trained in their positions. The benefits are second to none
benefits
great benefits
Representative (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHSeptember 12, 2018
Great company, ok management, lots of fun activities and recognition, lots of opportunities to volunteer and be involved, hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers
Great Company
Universal Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2018
I love this company. Synchrony has provided many opportunities for development and expansion to its employees. Also there are many perks for the employees and it feels like family
Productive place to work with many opportunities!
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 10, 2018
The company has many opportunities to help you set a bright career. They also have incredible benefits. The call center atmosphere is very focused, determined, and quick pasted.
Nobody is on the same page!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHSeptember 10, 2018
I worked for GE originally and then they separated and became Synchrony. After that, things started to go down hill in terms of respect for their employees. They pushed the "Greatest Places to Work" on you, reminding you of all the things they did for the facility to improve working conditions like putting a mouth wash station in the bathrooms. There are no customers on this site, to many employees this was not considered an advancement. It took three years to see my first raise. One year there was a freeze on raises, the other two because they raised the overall company wage and you were not allowed to have your merit on top of it. So new hires were making more (if second shift) or the same amount than those who had been there a few years.
You are also responsible for documenting every single second you are not on the phone. So if your system goes down you HAVE to record it and log it in to the system or it counts against you. You also have to watch your monthly metrics because it often is wrong and you have to have it corrected with a manager or it will also count against you.
They do have chats for assistance but depending on the time of day you may not get a response and if you do get an answer and it is wrong it counts against you. Seasoned reps use to help out in the beginning but management said to help only between calls and sometimes the call volume is too high. Managers are ALWAYS in meetings and very rarely help out in chat except for a few that you can really depend on.
The systems they use are always slow and glitching. You are told to delete cookies and history
  more... every single morning to allow for updates and that does not help. This can be stressful too because sometimes when the system goes down you may be kicked off a call and show you in after-call work when you really aren't...hurting your time for the day.
You compete against everyone in your department for good hours. A lot of it depends on date of hire and your numbers. Honestly though with the years I had been there I had seen someone with two write ups beat someone in the same class with a better schedule.
Turn around is pretty high once people get in and see what you have to put up with for the pay. This job would be good for something as an in-between but don't expect a career out of it.
Pros
Benefits, personal time off
Cons
Pay, Lack of help when you need it, systems are always glitching
Collector (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 9, 2018
Great people. Great place to work. Great benefits. Love working with customers. Learned a lot about how credit cards work. Great management. Bi-lingual, honest, integrity, and driven culture.
Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at synchrony. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.1InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight