synchrony Employee Reviews

N/a
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2019
typical day at the office nothing hard at all you also had a chance to work at home everybody is nice for the most part it should be no problem working there
Corporate culture for entry level positions is ruled with fear
PCOR Investigator (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHFebruary 16, 2019
Good company to work for on a temporary basis. They do not offer a pension so long term planning outside of the company provided benefits is a must if you intend on staying there long term. Management varies as with any job in any company. Lots of opportunities for advancement if you are lucky enough to have a manager who is supportive of your educational goals and does not abuse their authority in rating you so you cannot move to other positions or advance in your career.
Good company to work for
VP, IT Disaster Recovery (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 8, 2019
Synchrony Financial is a good company to work for and is rated very highly in the "Good Place To Work" annual survey. Synchrony Financial has very good brand label credit cards (I have 4 myself).
Good place to start off with the right income needed but poor management and puzzling company decisions stand in the way
Account manager (Current Employee) –  Merriam, KSFebruary 1, 2019
Miscommunication all around the banking deposits department in regards to internal procedures constantly changing. Pay isn’t bad but isn’t the best. I feel as if synchrony leads there workers is deceptive practices without employees unknowingly knows. Statements generated by Synchrony’s third party vendor produces the most confusing unethical bank statement I’ve ever seen in my life. In additional the company has such a rigorous authentication procedure for account holders it’s almost like they intentionally make it hard for account holders to pull there money out.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Chatty rude environment, unethical employees and questionable internal procedures as well external.
Overworked
AVP Quality Assurance Lead (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDJanuary 31, 2019
While we keep hearing things are going to slow down, it seems to keep speeding up. Need more family and personal time rather than work driving when I get personal time.
highly overrated
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJanuary 30, 2019
not my cup of tea. everybody hated to go to work, disliked the customers and the way we had to go about our business. non-stop phone calls and big brother watching over you with every call recorded
Typical day at the job
Fraud Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2019
I have worked for several years, and I have found my employment to be very rewarding and full of opportunities to grow. Everyday is a new challenge and a solid foundation for learning. The owner of the company is very friendly, personable and has an open door policy for all team players. The owner knows all the employees who assist in carrying out the mission statement.
Overall, okay.
Employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 29, 2019
They are trying, that's all i can say. the company is trying to become one of the top financial institute, but sometimes the human aspect is forgotten.
Pros
Sr. managers are trying
Cons
money over people, always.
Productive place to work with great benefits.
Fraud Investigator Specialist (PCOR) (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJanuary 25, 2019
Great benefits once you start. Great pay. Opportunity for advancement. Great place for volunteering. Plethora of groups to join inside of the business.
Pros
Cafeteria with great food. Great starting pay.
Cons
Too many changes to company policy for department work.
Synchrony
Engagement Expert (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJanuary 25, 2019
Synchrony financial is a great place to work. Alot of good people there to help you if you need help. Hardest part is getting on and staying on there. I was there for almost 4 years was let go do to misunderstanding, (metlife).
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Bilingual csr (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2019
It was a great please to work I loved working there. They make it fun to work there, management is great. There is a gym and game room and other fun stuff to do.
Employment
Collector Representative (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 17, 2019
I experienced at synchrony while in training disrespect between other classmates as well as instructors advised management on this issue in which I was told they would look into it and never received any feedback just dirty looks and intimidation from trainers. There was a barrier between races in which I never felt that in any place of employment mainly hispanic and black in which I saw segregation between the two because the hispanics were non-friendly and spoke to you when only it was necessary or not at all when they gathered amongst one another in the class spanish was spoken which I thought in any place of employment you can only speak spanish on breaks or helping someone over the phone.
Pros
non diverse
Cons
Great benefits
Good Pay, Bad Communication
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 17, 2019
Good pay and benefits, but no upper level really lets you know about them or how to use them. They just throw you in, out of training and dont really get any more information after that. You can ask HR for information but its usually incorrect and can get you terminated. Co-workers are great and helpful typically. You will get yelled at daily on the phone with very little time for breaks. And have to break a lot of hearts asking people to pay their bills. But with thick enough skin its really not so bad.
Pros
Good pay, Good teamwork, Fast paced
Cons
Bad Communication, upper level management and HR is a joke
Wasn't for me.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Merriam, KSJanuary 14, 2019
I desperately wanted to loved Synchrony. However, the training was terrible and I very much felt set up for failure. It seemed like there was a lack of communication throughout trainers/management, as you would ask two different people the same question and get two different answers. Who are you supposed to believe? Very misleading and lots of promises made but no follow-through. You're told you can advance into a new role after six months, but later find out it's *actually* 9 months. Benefits are incredible, workplace is wonderful and the coworkers are awesome; it's almost enough to keep you there. If you're someone that wants to genuinely help the customer, though, you'll feel very frustrated and at a loss here as the training doesn't help you (beyond standard problems like fee waivers and taking payments; not the "hard" issues that are far too common) and far too often your question(s) will be passed up in the "help group chat" you're told to rely upon, if you can even get added into it at the start of your shift in the first place. Furthermore, you're given a time frame of 2-3 minutes to take care of everything. A lot of callers need longer than that; even if you know exactly what you're doing, if a caller wants to make a payment, find out their next due date, etc., all of which are easy questions, your call time is still going to add up. I personally didn't feel comfortable rushing callers off the phone. On top of this, you become a verbal punching bag for irate callers, even when trying to help as much as you possibly can. Favoritism is a thing here and it was really discouraging  more... to see coworkers that you can hear yelling at customers from across the room do well and receive high praise from upper mgmt. If you have previous call center experience, you'll excel--otherwise, I wouldn't hold my breath.  less
Pros
Coworkers, work place, benefits, eventual job advancement
Cons
Training, lack of understanding, misleading, lack of support for new employees
My reviews
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHJanuary 14, 2019
I worked here through an temp agency. There was always overtime offered and great benefits. the cons would be that Management was careless to supervise the internal problems Co workers took part in
Pros
Pay
Cons
Job turnover
very strict attendance
Universal Fraud Rep. (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 12, 2019
I was at Synchrony for almost 90 days and when your in your 90 days you can't miss but 16 hours of work. My blood pressure got really high and my vision got blurred so I couldn't drive to work and I had to miss some days and I just got terminated because I missed days of work. So they are very strict about attendance your first 90 days. They don't care if its life threating or not don't miss no days
Benefits
Cons
Attendance
Awesome
Trust Specialist (Former Employee) –  Merriam, KSJanuary 11, 2019
Great place to work. Good Benefits, Great hours, Family Friendly, Great at working around your schedule. lots of paid time off. Lots of hours available.
Major challenges ahead for SYF
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 11, 2019
Although a relatively OK culture, the management team had no clue what meant becoming a publicly traded organization and are now paying for it. If you really want to be in the payment industry check AFFIRM, AMEX, or Discovery. SYF recently lost Walmart and will soon lose Sam's. Stock price is in the dumps and management is trying to catch up on technology but no major advancements are being made.
Loved the people
Senior Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 10, 2019
I enjoyed my experience with the company. Everyone was friendly and very helpful when you needed assistance. Cafeteria onsite; great selections to choose from. Excellent training to prep you for the task at hand.
Pros
culture
Cons
short breaks
great
Merchant Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2019
Rate this company

*required

Overall rating*

Ask a question about working or interviewing at synchrony. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at synchrony.

Powered by Comparably