synchrony Employee Reviews

GReat place to work
Fraud Investigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2019
Synchrony is located in a beautiful building. Laid back atmosphere. The people are like family. there are several pantries and common spaces to relax. The work load is average and the moral is great,
Great place to work!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2019
Synchrony is a Great company to work for. The company has always put its employees first always finding ways to improve benefits. The culture is very employee centric.
Great Opportunity to make a difference
VP, Credit Acquisition Strategy (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OH & Mason, OHMay 30, 2019
I led a team to build strategies that reduced credit and fraud risk. This literally saved the company several millions of dollars annually. My managers were very supportive and appreciative of the efforts of my team. It is very gratifying to know I’m making a difference.
Pros
Celebrations, group activities, etc.
Cons
At times, too many meetings were scheduled within a given day.
Bad Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHMay 25, 2019
They tried to make it a fun place to work but management was awful.
*felt like you were chained to your desk.
* free lunch at times
* bonuses
* big company
Pros
Free lunches once in a while
Cons
had to work weekends
Amazing place to work!
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2019
I started on the phones, just needing a steady job, and now I have a new career path and goals I never thought possible. I’d never consider leaving this company. It’s the best place I’ve ever worked for in 17 years.
Pros
Benefits, salary, culture.
Good benefits but poor training and little job support
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2019
Very little support from management. Much conflicting information given regarding policies and regulations making it very difficult to perform tasks with compliance. Reviews and coaching are very rare.
Senior Consumer Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 22, 2019
They have everything you would ever need to help with your work/life balance. HR really has an open door policy and they are pretty consistent across the board
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Micro managers
Love this place!
Customer service rep• Manage various accounts (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMay 20, 2019
Not only are the people nice, they have a great welcoming team.They are truely there to help so you feel open enough to ask any question. you have plenty of resources. great training material. Best of all they give you holidays and sick time. so they understand you have a life. love this place!
Pros
they treat you with respect
Cons
time flies by too fast.
Wonderful workplace
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 16, 2019
SYF is a wonderful workplace with the oportunity to grow and expand in various scenarios. Benefits are amazing and overall a company that puts its employees first.
Consumer /Commercial Credit card underwriting
Consumer/Commercial Escalations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 15, 2019
Responsible for decision of applications and credit line increases as well as decreases for multiple clients. I also key credit applications for new acquisitions.
Pros
Very knowledgeable of credit card underwriting
Cons
great company to work with
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 15, 2019
great company to work and grow with, staff is very pleasant and understandable. the job environment is a mix culture and paid bounces once everything is done right on your inbound calls.
Great place to work!
Sr. Universal Fraud Agent (Former Employee) –  CharlotteMay 8, 2019
I hate I left, best employer ever! The frontline management devoted time and education to prepare you for growth and development. The possibility for growth is endless. You fire yourself!
Huge Turnover Rate
Senior Fraud Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 24, 2019
This is a credit card company, so it is extremely driven by money instead of caring for the people that work there. Very inflexible for schedules, they will advertise that you can flex out/flex in when you need to for doctor's visits, etc. But when it comes to it, they will always find an excuse to not make it happen. The manager's play favorites there extremely bad, so you can forget about advancement within the company unless you can kiss butt. They will try to make it sound like it is the best job out there and you won't ever find anything better, but trust me, there is. You will find something better than this dump.
nice! job
LOCKBOX DATA ENTRY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2019
very nice job to work nice employees. Great benefits, hours or few but, working on full-time. Super supervisor love her. Synchrony has lots of great things to look forward in very much love
Pros
nice
Cons
nothing bad to say
Decent Pay & Good Working Environment
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2019
Good experience however no real direction in where to go if you are wanting or already in a Management role. You better hope you can hold on or put up with your extreme amounts of duties if you plan on staying.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Duties are extremely taxing and/or repetitive
Overall Good
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHApril 19, 2019
It is a good stepping stone and way to gain experience in account management. The pay is decent and the people that you work with are friendly. Benefit's are good. The company is overall good, however the job in itself can be very stressful and repetitive in collections. If you are going to work at synchrony you will be placed in either collections or fraud for the first 6 months and I suggest that you apply for other roles while you are there. Company is good, job overall is awful.
Pros
Benefits, company events, Pto.
Cons
All of the Good manager's left, Stressful Job, Bonus was taken away.
Great company to work for. Strong leadership with focus on work-life balance.
Lead Supplier Manager, Attorney Recoveries (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 18, 2019
Synchrony provided an exciting and challenging work environment.

Management built effective teams promoting teamwork and diversity.

There were always new challenges which made the work much more enjoyable.

Great at identifying problems, developing and implementing solutions.
Pros
Sr Leadership, flexibility
Cons
Zero tolerence for defects in high volume transactional environment
fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 17, 2019
I love working at Synchrony they are a great place to work the culture is great the managers support you and advancement is possible you are in charge of your career
I am disabled and I felt that they pushed me to the side a lot.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHApril 16, 2019
I am disabled and I felt that they pushed me to the side a lot. They need to have more emphasis on helping their disabled succeed. That’s my review and I’m happier that they made me resign. But great benefits!
The company and culture is great. The job itself is very stressful.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLApril 15, 2019
Benefits, management, company culture and opportunity to grow are great. The job gets burring after a few months and is very stressful. There’s a lot of competition so moving up is very difficult.
Benefits
Cons
The job itself

Ask a question about working or interviewing at synchrony. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at synchrony.

Powered by Comparably