synchrony

• Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks

Very supportive management

This is one of the few companies who care about the employees and are very honest and transparent about the future with the employees CEO is very honest supporting person.

Pros

Supportive and Caring management

Cons

Can't think of much con

The overall culture.

If you want to learn and advance your career, you can. You have to be honest with yourself, sometimes you might not get that desired position the first time. There maybe someone else more qualified. Just keep at it. You get out of it what you put into it.

Pros

Professional and relaxed environment.

Culture and Diversity

I really appreciate and enjoyed working for synchrony; the CEO cares for the employees and their families. The only thing I was not happy about was the fact that we were moved to a different state to continue with the Company, therefore I was not able to continue with the company, as my home is in Georgia. I am back in Georgia now and given the opportunity to work for Synchrony again, I would definitely Welcome the Opportunity to Rejoin the Synchrony Family.

Poorly Run and managed

Corporate priorities are all self serving. Unless you're part of the good old boys or girls club there are few opportunities here. Have undergone restructuring recently and more likely in the near future. Would look elsewhere.

Pros

Some work from home

Cons

Poor leadership from top down with unrealistic expectations becoming more and more common.

Work from home days

Nice benefits package. Overall a good company. Nice campus, cafeteria on-site, surrounded by good restaurants, gym on-site, and LA fitness is always there to offer discounted membership.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Rewarding Position

Managed and conducted compliance and operational reviews of various types of third-party suppliers, including attorneys, collection agencies (pre-charge and post-charge off), buyers, technology vendors, and repossession and remarketing vendors.

A good experience

I enjoyed my particular job. I met some wonderful people for everywhere. We achieved great things and I cherish the wonderful working experiences and social gatherings.

Fun place to work at

Career oriented company with a lot of opportunity for growth. would recommend and encourage anyone in the beginning of their career, mid way through or high level in their career to start or continue their journey there.

Promote GE people and mgmt trainees when should be placed on performance improvement program

Demotivating to watch poor leaders continue to be promoted or move around company when they should be exiting the company. Not interested in external talent.

For me it's pathetic experience

Manager is extremely baised and irrational.. Collaboration is the key to success in agile project but she makes sure people are not motivated to collaborate,

Great company and the total compensation packages are within reason.

Review the prior statement. Overall this is a good company to work for. Just wish stock was performing better in the marketplace. I'm not going to tell you anymore and you're not going to force me to.

Not a good place to work

This company has communication issues. Managed poorly. Employees fighting for positions. They do not value the good people they have. They will allow employees with horrible characters treat other employees badly. This company has lost some really good employees due to poor management. They have recently laid off many employees for cheap laborer in India. Would not recommend this company. I dont see how I hung in there as long as I did before getting laid off.

Productive and fun work environment

come in, speak to those who actually speak back. work 8 hours. call it a day. the wokplace was okay. not too much going on any given day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the diversity networks

great workplace

Open communication format, extensive benefits and compensation, rewards and incentive programs. Availability of training and professional performance development opportunities.

Average

Work place was comfortable...time was monitored to ensure available. Various idiosyncracies from client to client..sometimes very little training or time to learn new procedures/policy being held accountable for

Okay

It was nice to travel and attend court matter and meet new attorneys and new people. The company offered a great benefit package. Working independently was good a times the different teams were good

Pros

Traveling

Cons

Traveling

Good experience

Provided good experience. Questionable hires for leadership, however. It was a overall good experience. Hires are not very familiar with the roles that they are placed.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Leadership

Overall a good company, but need to move away from old GE mentality

Growing financial services/payments company. Flexible and good benefits, but starting to run more lean. Management consists almost entirely of legacy GE employees, which isn't necessarily a positive.

They have everything you would ever need to help with your work/life balance. HR really has an open door policy and they are pretty consistent across the board

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Micro managers

Consumer /Commercial Credit card underwriting

Responsible for decision of applications and credit line increases as well as decreases for multiple clients. I also key credit applications for new acquisitions.

Pros

Very knowledgeable of credit card underwriting

Cons

Great company to work for. Strong leadership with focus on work-life balance.

Synchrony provided an exciting and challenging work environment. Management built effective teams promoting teamwork and diversity. There were always new challenges which made the work much more enjoyable. Great at identifying problems, developing and implementing solutions.

Pros

Sr Leadership, flexibility

Cons

Zero tolerence for defects in high volume transactional environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at synchrony. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

4.3
InHerSight Score
4.2Personal Development
4.4Career Opportunities
4.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight