synchrony

• Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks

It is a desk job.

Good group. Good benefits.The job does seem weird at times when you call people a lot and their situation hasn't changed and you call them back every four days to collect money.

Pros

Pay and benefits.

Cons

Desk job.

Collections isn’t for everyone, the culture isn’t bad

I can’t criticize synchrony too much. The culture wasn’t flawless but they tried. Management wasn’t fantastic and didn’t set up for success. They experience over and it shows.

Pros

Training

Cons

Lower level management

Overall great

I loved working there. I just wanted out of collections. It starts with training. then you have a trainer with you for your first month to review calls. Plus your manager meets with you monthly. Very structured. You will do well and they make sure of it.

Pros

The management and the true desire to want you to do well

like a cult and you are not invited

This is a job if you are desperate.If you arent buddy buddy you are written up for everything. watch what you sign could be a made up write up. Everyday same thing over and over.

Pros

Cafeteria

Cons

Clicky, snobbery, co workers slack off and disrespectful.

Difficult to advance career from within

Remote manager had no clue how to manage a team. Learned more from Google & peers than ever did I from manager on strategy delivery team. Kim Savage would play favorites on the team when assigning work. Would not allow vacation to be taken for some individuals. Was not providing equal opportunity for advancement of her associates. The entire strategy delivery team was aware of her favoritism within the team. Was not calculating individual metrics on an equal unbiased scale.

Pros

Never had to see manager face to face

Cons

Manager had no clue how to manage a team

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

I would definitely suggest working here

This company definitely cares about their employees.they go above and beyond for them whether it's about your mental health or just making sure you have the time to take off. I had a manager who goes out of her way to care for her employees and encourages them to move forward with their career within the company. They definitely pick their managers well. As well as they equipped all of their employees with computers so they could work from home. The only reason I left was because I was looking for a job that was within my major for school.

Pros

Management, compensation, scheduling, support

Cons

Collection calls

They think they are better then what they are.

First of all, I was collections, which in itself is a awful job. This company is always talking itself up but in reality they treat their employees horrible. They offer a bonus but will do whatever they can to take it away from you. Don’t make any small mistakes or that bonus is gone for 3-12 months. That also includes customers that just hang up on you, yeah that hurts your bonus even though you can’t control it. By the way, you need that bonus to survive because the base pay is nothing for what you have to deal with. They are notorious for firing people for odd reasons. They will instruct you to do something but will be angry that you aren’t on the phones even though THEY are the ones that asked you to help them. It’s not all bad though. If you somehow make it to management they will treat you like gold. It’s just almost impossible to get there if any of your superiors don’t like you. I suggest that if you have a heart that you don’t work in collections, let alone for this company.

Pros

The bonus, if you actually get it. You do get two 15 minute breaks

Cons

Poor mental health, poor pay, easy to lose bonus, no job security

Love it

Synchrony is a great place to work I don’t feel like I’m just a person in a seat !! They truly value their employees. The benefits are amazing and just overall a great company to work for

What a great company to work for!

This company has by far been the best that I have ever worked for. The benefits and pay are great, there is opportunity to grow in the company, and the environment is overwhelmingly positive.

During my time

wages could have been higher remote should have been option especially for customer service dept during the time i worked for the company. More flexibility with scheduling

Be prepared to be yelled at on the phone non stop busy frustrating job

If you can't kiss but then this isn't the job for you. You will be put in a call que that is very difficult and you will fail. If the quality score doesnt get you first first. People com plain all the time yelling and cussing. Managers who don care about your well being. Its a call center typical clicks with no room to move to any department that isnt the phone. Other department stand around and talk aloe and don do anything while you don even get 5 minutes off the phone a day to use restroom. Told your breaks are for restrooms. They talk down to you there and want to argue and be right about everything in the fraud department. The whole they care about people is a joke they will home 5000 agents in india and 2000 in philippines and only a few hundred in us because they don care if people can speak english or if its hard to understan d they need to pay them less because us agents cost too much to them. You do the best you can there and its not enough. You get dirty looking and people standing in your way or not moving out your way when you are walking when you need to get to your seat. They let some employees sito on there cell phones on the floor during busy call hours and dont punish them because they are favorites but quick to write other up if you are not buddy buddy with them. The whole department is like a big cult. Its so dreadful going to work there , no one want to be there and the people who do want to be there don do any work just stand around alot.

Fun workplace

In the 9 years that I have been employed with Synchrony Financial, I have had the ability to grow and advance my career. I have learned many skills that I believe that will help me in the future.

Bittersweet

The job itself is mentally taxing if you’re on the phones. The customers are overwhelmingly hostile in most cases and I have to say I understand because a lot of the stuff we put customers through is insane. Management is unapproachable, condescending, dismissive, and apathetic. The company preaches about diversity and inclusivity, and the people they hire do reflect that. The compensation and PTO are also extremely generous. However I can’t say money is a good trade off for constant stress, anxiety, and frustration.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Everything else

Do not work here

Turn around and run immediately away. This is not the company you want to work for of you care about your mental health. They only care about the bottom line numbers and not their employees. Very few of the managers who work there know what they are doing, or treat you as a valued employee or a human being for that matter. The do not give the people who deserve promotions the promotions the deserve, instead will promote their friends and people in their klique. So head this advice do not apply jere their friends and people in their klique. So head this advice do not apply here fun somewhere else where you'll be valued

Great Company

Good company to stay with they treat you well here Weekly pay/benefits is what keeps us here , they have top 10 benefits in the country, and to compensate with other things.

Best Place to work

Synchrony is such an amazing company to work for the leader ship the Vance meant the medical the dental insurance is phenomenal they have a such a great team at Synchrony they hire within the training is great I just love Synchrony

Great Company/Excellent Benfits

The company has great benefits. Everyone that works there is helpful and friendly. Management and supervisors are willing to help if you have any questions.

Not a Good Place to Work if you Value Piece of Mind

This was a terrible place to work. My manager was completely inexperienced and caused me a lot of problems. HR was almost non-existent unless you were in trouble and for the size of the company was extremely understaffed. Management would have their favorites and if you weren't one of them you were pretty much on your own. The stress level was very high and according to HR is a customer was yelling and swearing that was fine unless they were directing it towards you. Your manager and HR would give conflicting information so you didn't know what was right and what was wrong. Some employees were given up to at least 4 warnings before dismissal and some none. There is a wooden sign out front that is never taken down because this company is always hiring - the turnover is very high. The employees know (unless you happen to be one of the favorites) there is a revolving door. I worked there just short of 2 years and not a day went by that I didn't feel I would be fired.

Pros

Food - Contests with Prizes

Cons

Management - Stress Level

Company is very pro-employee.

Calls can be very difficult, employees must be able to successfully meet the quality, schedule adherence and call time requirements. Successful employees will do well at the company.

This company gives me flexibility and stability all in one

I love synchrony because I am able to work a part time schedule with a consistent weekly pay while also being able to live my life as a young adult and even continue to serve/bartend secondarily as I love working with people. Synchrony provided me with the security of knowing if I am hurt or pregnant or even just sick, I can feel covered and protected.

Productive and fun work environment

A fast paced call center for early stage collections. Great management team that are always there to help you answer all of your questions and concerns. I enjoy being able to put customers at ease regarding their personal financial obligations with all their Synchrony accounts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at synchrony. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

4.3
InHerSight Score
4.2Personal Development
4.4Career Opportunities
4.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight