synchrony

• Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks

I love Synchrony, however.

This is a great client and customer service work at home opportunity. I love managers in CLIENT service department. You get on-site or offsite meetings and development for new procedures or to learn something that we struggle with, but im interested in how to advance in the totem pole..pool. my manager was very supportive of getting me to meet and network with managers in other departments and had I stayed I might have attempted to compete with many other candidates. The pay for having a (not so important to synchrony) BS Degree made it easy to not stay. I lasted 3 years and decided it's time to find something that will see my qualities and offer more... thank you client service mangers, it was a fun experience and I am grateful for my experience.

Pros

Work at home quartly meetings, CLIENT service Managers who care and are flexible

Cons

Not recognized on achievements, No real ability to move or for advancement especially in part-time position, on phones start to finish, Repetitive

Culture was changed from original culture concept

It boils down to what they called QA process... It caused many veterans who started in the Practice Development Team from start of department to leave. The changes from a true sales environment went to a call center environment leaving many talented sales professionals to leave. The VPs and upper management never valued what the inside sales professionals were doing. Instead favored the Outside Representatives which hurt them in the long run having to let go of many outside reps as part of cost savings measures in the company

Pros

Fellow employees

Cons

Culture it became

Fast pace

Great place to work, amazing health benefits and great pay . Raises are given yearly! Management is awesome . Need to be able to handle stress well . Take about 100 + calls a day .

Great environment

Everything was great except the pay, on some departments . You have great help and they care and value you! You also get so much help from others. Lots of fun events for employees!

Great company however not much advancement in Network engineer field

Great place to work however not much advancement in Network engineer field. Alot of different projects and changes that happen due to being a financial company. Modification and changes are done in AD server.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Productive place to work, they try to the best of their ability to keep up with technology.

With the ever changing technology it is a fast paced environment. They are very adaptable in schedule for personal time. Good benefits and great vacation package. To the best of their ability they try to keep you updated with the daily changing environment.

Great Place to work

Everyone enjoys working here, there are few managers who do not have your development in mind when assigning projects. My only complaint is there is a 24 minumim requirement to move into new roles so often times great opportunities are missed.

Entry level only

This is am amazing company to work for, great benefits, culture, diversity networks, charity work, 20k towards college tuition! BUT! This is absolutely entry level work! Even the PDS position that is the top of the ladder at the phx location, which was great, but it's been ruined by new management. It is not a sales position and there is no real individual bonus structure. If you want a script reading job with a mediocre pay, this is the job for you.

Great company

Synchrony is a wonderful place to with great benefits! Diverse with a lot of groups. Such a great atmosphere, management was awesome always had such positive feedback.

Pros

Benefits, work from home opportunities, opportunity to grow, weekly pay

Cons

Pay

No Room to Advance

The beginning my training *(or lack of) harmed the ability to get into a step up program. If you have a degree, it really means nothing, esp. if you start in a call center- low position. HR words to me was "So?" when mention my degree and tried to see if there was any open jobs that could eventually compensate for the cost *(already acquired financial aid) of school. After 3 years of service, other financial institutions offered better pay..with advancement.

Disruptive work environment.

Disruptive work environment. Work environment is cluttered with employees playing football and throwing miscellaneous objects across the room. Management just ignores.

Overall synchrony is a great place to work

They have a solid management team flexible hours good benefits. Phoenix synchrony has several diversity Networks. They take employee feedback seriously they really do work on employees concerns and suggestions to try and make it a better place to work if it will go

Good Company

This is a good company to work for. Managers are always there to help and never make you feel dumb when you have questions. Good benefits and bonus. Good at oraganizing and educating you

Business Approach

The business approach setup was a bit challenging as the inside sales rep partnered with outside fields reps to cover a geographical territory. With shared goals and the inside rep worked to lower performing accounts that may have initially signed up for the product to acquire a gift at a trade show. So there interest in our calls were minimal and we used a sales-cycle to try and peak their interest with the hopes of partnering with them in the future to help more of there patients and the provider achieve their annual goals. Job was very challenging in the since it was all consultative and there was never immediate gratification for your efforts. Some territories performed much better without anyone calling or visiting them.

Upper leadership is losing touch with good people

SYF formally known as GE used to be a place that the leadership truly cared. This is no longer the case. Communication is terrible, layoffs are happening because they are sending work across seas. No comparison during lay off and no sincere interest to keep quality employees. I’ve watched my friends suffer through the lay off process and now each department is scared they are best.

Relaxed environment but no leadership and not compensated fairly for job duties

Very laid back environment to work, except my situation was very different and very stressful and more then half of my team left in a period of a few months. However the other teams were very laid back got along and friendly. Don't get paid enough for what you do, constantly getting new job responsibilities but the pay stays the same. Moving up is difficult and not worth it. Sometimes you would get paid less if promoted taking into account bilingual and night time differential pay. There were many times that there was no manager around however when one was available they always had a great attitude and would go out of their way to help you or make sure you found someone that could help. A lot of issues between different departments and having a status quo on procedures. One person would say do it like this and then someone else would give you different information.

Fair

Need more training time, 3 weeks is not enough to learn everything that is needed to be able to work at home....They have many different things you need to know when you take calls from clients and customer.

Worst call center ever, very poor pay

Work from home is a must, and you must pay for your own phone, headset and Internet access. At Synchrony you must answer one call right after another with no time to catch your breath between calls. Most calls are from upset and ripped off customers who are being charged 29.9% interest rates after being unable to pay off their puchase after 6 or 12 months; one day seems to last a week while taking calls from very angry customers. The supervisors are useless and don't know enough about the job to offer backup.The impossible matrix's that have to be made for the length of each call and delighting customers make sure Customer Service Representatives do not get raises or promotions.

Pros

Work in PJ's

Cons

Low pay, short breaks, and hateful trainers, supervisors and managers

Fast paced job.

Days can seem long but productive. Speed is keen for this job. Somethings are not pushed up the line as quickly as they should. a few times system issues where reported but not all managers seemed to be advised.

Great opportunity to learn finance

I do not regret applying for my current position. The job itself is learnable through hands on experience. Training was like 2 weeks. It’s not a stressful environment at all. Management treats you as humanly good as possible. They work with your schedule based on availability.

Work at Home, flexible schedules available

Great for part time or full time job. You will be taking incoming phone calls from customers and retail store employees. Flexible schedules if you are a student, parent, or someone who needs time for other things.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at synchrony. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

4.3
InHerSight Score
4.2Personal Development
4.4Career Opportunities
4.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare synchrony with

Learn about synchrony in Phoenix, AZ

• synchrony
  • Phoenix, AZ
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?