synchrony

• Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks

can be a fun place to work in office

I was with the company for almost 17 years and would recommend this job for anyone who wants to wok remotely. The company offers really good benefits and pay.

Pros

they look to help the agents

Cons

work from home

Avoid

At 1st synchrony was an awesome job, but as time went on you start to notice that if you don't kiss the right butts you'll never advance to something else.

What I expected.

It was a call center so the rude customers and CCT goals were expected. However, in the transition to work at home there was little understanding in things not going right. I had to use paid sick days for technical issues out of my control. There were weeks I didn’t hardly hear from my manager except the email that included our CCT for the day, with the shift to work at home it would have been nice to hear something. Overall not terrible but the small things add up eventually

Pros

Great benefits and pay

Cons

They tell you there’s opportunities to move up, there’s really not

Productivity was high due to a great work environment

Really exceptional employees and employers, awesome place to learn and grow professionally, and overall great job in all. Excellent staff to train and mentor the new staff members. Great extras at the work place to keep one happy and productive.

Cons

Absolutely terrible management but good company

I absolutely loved my job and what I did. However management is never in the same page. They operate with extreme favoritism. There is zero support provided for reps being forced to work from home. System outages and issues will fall in the responsibility of the employee. Management belittles employees who speak up regarding Discrepancies in policy and WILL AND DO RETALIATE! If you have an opinion, keep it to yourself or expect to be stuck and never move up. This happened to several of my coworkers.You will be expected to do other people’s jobs with no compensation, and no additional consideration taken regarding additional tasks on you statistics, which you are held to. You will face scrutiny and possible corrective action for using personal time provided by the company. HR is a joke! Drunk on the job and extremely unprofessional and only side with management in every single situation does not look out for the good of the employees. There is zero empathy from management and site leaders. They claim that they are diverse and open to all but this is not true. Minorities and lgbtq are parades for show through advertising.Company does not care about its customers. Only the bottom line. They do however offer a nice gym and a mediocre cafe with over priced food.

Pros

Cafe and gym

Cons

management, support, training

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Overall Great Company But...

Overall it’s a great company. They’re flexible, they take great care of their employees, they try to make the job fun as much as they can. You get paid well and the benefits and time off are great. It is hard to advance in the company, but possible. The only negative is people can treat you very poorly on the phones. It’s a mentally and emotionally draining job but if you can handle it, it pays off.

The management doesn’t prepare you for the pressure that is put on you once your out on the floor answering phones.

What customers had on their account, we were not to bring up anything besides what the specific customer calls about. Basically don’t open a can of worms.

Fast paced growing company

Very good and thorough on training and updates to standard operating procedures. Was good company for highlighting employee achievement. Very involved in community activities

Great place bad customers

Honestly can’t complain about co-workers. It really was a great place. But the metrics were ridiculous. They want you to “help” people and give great customer service but if you’re not rushing them off the phones then your CCT suffers and you might not pass for the month. Quality is constantly watching every single thing you do and will trip you up on literally anything. It’s a lot of stress and angry customers and the pay doesn’t seem worth it. As far as sick time goes they “give” you 80 hours but you’re reprimanded for using it. You get a decent amount of vacation and holiday time.

Pros

Benefits, co-workers and managers

Cons

Irate customers, high stress to meet metrics

Truly a great place to work

First you go through a 4 week class based training. There is a test after but it's not to hard if you played attention. They also had fun activities! After you get on the floor it's an intense learning process but they let you learn at your own pace. Other employees may come to your desk to help and give pointers. The more you work at it the better it is. I truly loved this job and was so sad I had to leave.

Not a forever job unless you move up.

Repetative, fast-paced call volume and can be stressful. Excellent benefits but low hourly wage. Tuition reimbursement is a major draw for those going somewhere else in the future but no equal compensation for those who won't be using it.

Great break/game room, great cafeteria, great gym, great leadership, great career

Login to systems, talking calls and helping merchants and customers. I learned so much. How to help people with a lot of systems. Canceling payments, unlocking accounts, resetting passwords, many more things. Great management. Learned to help customers, apologize for customers and merchants actions. Be sympathetic. Hardest part is talking to upset clients or customers. Getting the hang of it was a challenge at first. A lot of info to know. But after doing it over and over. It becomes muscle memory. The most enjoyable part was help 130+ customers or merchants a day and knowing you got this. Coworkers are very nice.

Pros

Free gym membership, great leadership, great coworkers, great game room, great cafeteria, great trainers

Cons

Pay is ok but could be better, head sets hurt ear sometimes, customers and clients are rude

A clean and beautiful building with amenities for all

Atmosphere was excellent, clean and bright. Caring and personal including from CEO. Always willing to help and encourage. Fun activities and health concern

My experience

I loved working for synchrony. It was such an amazing experience. Very friendly staff. Everyone was willing to help if you had any questions. I really wish I didn't get sick so I could of kept my job. I would go back anyday.

Poor management

Poor management, didn't listen to employee concerns, HR didn't listen either. They are the worst, unethical company I have ever worked at. It was a disgrace.

highly overrated

not my cup of tea. everybody hated to go to work, disliked the customers and the way we had to go about our business. non-stop phone calls and big brother watching over you with every call recorded

Enjoyed, but left a bad taste in my mouth

This was a fun place, but slowly it seemed to be a witch hunt to get rid of tenured employees. The first year they had a lot of fun events with employees, but slowly the increase of rules and regulations started making you look over your shoulder. When medical issues hit me, the company acted very ho hum attitude, when it was threatening my job security. Then when they had the best chance to run me out, they took it.

Pros

Clean break rooms, renovations.

Cons

Very strict policies, adherence to the second

Okay place to work

I worked in client I had to work every weekend their stats mean s lot chance for potential write ups if not met..chances to break a federal banking law..overall this job is stressful and u dont get to spend much time with your family

Pros

Great lunchroom

Cons

Weekends

Benefits best I have seen

Great place to work great benefits. Management takes great care to ensure employees are happy and well trained in their positions. The benefits are second to none

benefits

Great Benefits and Management

I work as an account manager and I do get verbally abused by customers on a daily basis and there is only so much 1 person can take. We aren't allowed to disconnect on a customer and our job as account managers is stressful and each person deals with it differently.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

Verbal abuse by customers

Great Place To Work

Overall Synchrony is a pretty great place to work. You make a good wage for what's available in the area as well as the company actually cares about you and how you feel. They are constantly taking suggestions on what to improve and provide ammenities at work to make everything more enjoyable as well. They have a state of the art gym, a cafeteria and break room with a mini-market to purchase things, great coffee options, spacious bathrooms, options to have a treadmill work station to slowly walk and exercise while you work, popcorn on Mondays... It's just pretty great, check it out!

Cons

MetLife sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at synchrony. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at synchrony.
Powered byComparably