synchrony

synchrony Employee Reviews

They have a great work culture
They were very understanding in providing human resources for a variety of peoples from all different walks of life. Great opportunities of advancement. Management offers constructive learning opportunities.
Great Place to work
Everyone enjoys working here, there are few managers who do not have your development in mind when assigning projects. My only complaint is there is a 24 minumim requirement to move into new roles so often times great opportunities are missed.
They strive to be the best place to work
If I could go back I would...they are human and care for you, understandable and you actually see your hard work in the check. Bonuses are nice and the benefits are the best in my opinion. One of the best employers I've work for
Only work at Synchrony if you can get a management position
You do NOT want to work as a Customer Service Representative at Synchrony. You receive verbal abuse from customers, are graded on unattainable metrics using non reliable software and can only use the restroom during break and lunch. If you're on your shift and have to use the restroom and your break is an hour away, you have to hold it. You are treated as a child and not an adult. They tell you how much it cost the company for each minute you're on the phone with a customer. They want you off the phone as quickly as possible and don't really want you to help customers.
poor management
Management awful. Played politics. Unfair sick days used against us even if use fmla forms and have signed doctor fmla forms. Was let go unfairly. Told not meeting goals and used too many days even though had been approved for fmla. Think was discriminated against for my chronic health condition.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Entry level only
This is am amazing company to work for, great benefits, culture, diversity networks, charity work, 20k towards college tuition!
BUT! This is absolutely entry level work! Even the PDS position that is the top of the ladder at the phx location, which was great, but it's been ruined by new management. It is not a sales position and there is no real individual bonus structure. If you want a script reading job with a mediocre pay, this is the job for you.
Great company
Synchrony is a wonderful place to with great benefits! Diverse with a lot of groups. Such a great atmosphere, management was awesome always had such positive feedback.
Pros
Benefits, work from home opportunities, opportunity to grow, weekly pay
Cons
Pay
Bittersweet
The job itself is mentally taxing if you’re on the phones. The customers are overwhelmingly hostile in most cases and I have to say I understand because a lot of the stuff we put customers through is insane. Management is unapproachable, condescending, dismissive, and apathetic. The company preaches about diversity and inclusivity, and the people they hire do reflect that. The compensation and PTO are also extremely generous. However I can’t say money is a good trade off for constant stress, anxiety, and frustration.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Everything else
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at synchrony?
No Room to Advance
The beginning my training *(or lack of) harmed the ability to get into a step up program. If you have a degree, it really means nothing, esp. if you start in a call center- low position. HR words to me was "So?" when mention my degree and tried to see if there was any open jobs that could eventually compensate for the cost *(already acquired financial aid) of school. After 3 years of service, other financial institutions offered better pay..with advancement.
great place to work
Overall, synchrony is one of the best jobs I've had. Everybody's situation will be different all I can say is try your best and you'll be fine. My issues with them are a bit more personal so it may not apply to everybody's situation / scenario.
Promote GE people and mgmt trainees when should be placed on performance improvement program
Demotivating to watch poor leaders continue to be promoted or move around company when they should be exiting the company. Not interested in external talent.
Disruptive work environment.
Disruptive work environment. Work environment is cluttered with employees playing football and throwing miscellaneous objects across the room. Management just ignores.
Synchrony
I did love synchrony they work with you it felt like family they gave free things a lot they have a lot of opportunity there unfortunately my dad got sick so I did have to leave but if I could I would go back to synchrony one day or if I could find another job like that
For me it's pathetic experience
Manager is extremely baised and irrational..
Collaboration is the key to success in agile project but she makes sure people are not motivated to collaborate,
Do not work here
Turn around and run immediately away. This is not the company you want to work for of you care about your mental health. They only care about the bottom line numbers and not their employees. Very few of the managers who work there know what they are doing, or treat you as a valued employee or a human being for that matter. The do not give the people who deserve promotions the promotions the deserve, instead will promote their friends and people in their klique. So head this advice do not apply jere their friends and people in their klique. So head this advice do not apply here fun somewhere else where you'll be valued
Good company to work for as they focus on diversity and great places to work
Many sites including overseas. Capable management. Diverse, goal driven. Upward movement for those that push themselves and get involved in company networks. Take on stretch assignments to make yourself known.
Overall synchrony is a great place to work
They have a solid management team flexible hours good benefits. Phoenix synchrony has several diversity Networks. They take employee feedback seriously they really do work on employees concerns and suggestions to try and make it a better place to work if it will go
New to Banking with system issues.
Computer issues online as well as in office systems. Micro managed. But did have lots of games with the ability to earn awards and recognition Job was outsourced to Manilla after 4.5 years.
A Great Place to WORK
Synchrony is a great place to work. The pay is appreciated, the culture is relaxing. Some of the managerment could use an overhaul. Synchrony value their employees and there is room for growth.
I have never felt so at home than I do working for Synchrony. They strive to be better every single day and want input from their teams. I feel very fortunate to work for such a progressive and culturally sound company.
Exciting, free-form workplace
The manager gave us our tasks, and left it to us to decide how to fulfill them. Everybody working there was an intern, and open collaboration was encouraged. At least 30% of time was spent in conversation with other employees, boosting my general technical knowledge and problem solving approach and making my work net more efficient than if I had just stared at my own screen all day.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at synchrony. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
4.1Personal Development
4.2Career Opportunities
4.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight