synchrony Employee Reviews

Really Work for Their Employees
Work at Home Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Merriam, KSJuly 18, 2019
The company does as much for their employees as they can. We get treats (sometimes food or sometimes things like free TVs), ways to relax (a ping-pong table, yoga classes, massage chairs), ways to interact with our community (diversity networks and TONS of volunteer opportunities for various charities in the area), great pay (just bumped up to $15 minimum), and great benefits (lots of paid time off, health/dental insurance, Employee Assistance Program, tuition reimbursement, hiring referral bonus). We also have benefits through some of our clients like free Marvel tickets and Sam's Club memberships. The job can be stressful because we're a call center dealing with people's money, but Synchrony gives us many ways to manage that stress as well as not forcing us to put up with abuse from customers. I really love working here and suggest it to everyone I know who's looking for a job.
poor company
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLJuly 17, 2019
None nothing to say none none none . People are more honest. Just seek employment else where. Please d9nt waste your time, micromanaging, no real advancement
This company gives me flexibility and stability all in one
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 16, 2019
I love synchrony because I am able to work a part time schedule with a consistent weekly pay while also being able to live my life as a young adult and even continue to serve/bartend secondarily as I love working with people. Synchrony provided me with the security of knowing if I am hurt or pregnant or even just sick, I can feel covered and protected.
Great company
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 15, 2019
Great company to work for. Many opportunities and people very positive. Has great benefits and training program. Management structure is amazing. Everyone there is great
Poor
Inbound Fraud Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2019
No room for advancement. Hard Goals. Need training for managers. More options for job perks. Managers listen to gossip instead of handling issues professionally.
Productive and fun work environment
Multi-Client Collector (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 13, 2019
A fast paced call center for early stage collections. Great management team that are always there to help you answer all of your questions and concerns. I enjoy being able to put customers at ease regarding their personal financial obligations with all their Synchrony accounts.
Employees are great
Handling accounts for multiple portfolios (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2019
If it wasn't for my coworkers I wouldn't have stayed as long as I did. The company makes promises they don't keep. Managers only care about themselves and them moving up in the company
Great break/game room, great cafeteria, great gym, great leadership, great career
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJuly 8, 2019
Login to systems, talking calls and helping merchants and customers. I learned so much. How to help people with a lot of systems. Canceling payments, unlocking accounts, resetting passwords, many more things. Great management. Learned to help customers, apologize for customers and merchants actions. Be sympathetic. Hardest part is talking to upset clients or customers. Getting the hang of it was a challenge at first. A lot of info to know. But after doing it over and over. It becomes muscle memory. The most enjoyable part was help 130+ customers or merchants a day and knowing you got this. Coworkers are very nice.
Pros
Free gym membership, great leadership, great coworkers, great game room, great cafeteria, great trainers
Cons
Pay is ok but could be better, head sets hurt ear sometimes, customers and clients are rude
A clean and beautiful building with amenities for all
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJuly 4, 2019
Atmosphere was excellent, clean and bright. Caring and personal including from CEO. Always willing to help and encourage. Fun activities and health concern
My experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJuly 3, 2019
I loved working for synchrony. It was such an amazing experience. Very friendly staff. Everyone was willing to help if you had any questions.
I really wish I didn't get sick so I could of kept my job. I would go back anyday.
Not that professional
Sr Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  3rd floorJuly 2, 2019
Not that professional atmosphere, most of the managers are not trained properly, gives priority only to those who intentionally make themselves visible without doing anything.
Pros
Gym
Cons
Irritating music 24/7 on the operation floors, unregulated air-conditioning, horrible food in pantry, health will go for a toss if you have to rely on that food
Good experience
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 30, 2019
Provided good experience. Questionable hires for leadership, however. It was a overall good experience. Hires are not very familiar with the roles that they are placed.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Leadership
Overall a good company, but need to move away from old GE mentality
Vice President - Economic Capital (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 30, 2019
Growing financial services/payments company. Flexible and good benefits, but starting to run more lean. Management consists almost entirely of legacy GE employees, which isn't necessarily a positive.
Toast Masters Program
SPECIALIST/BANKRUPTCY (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2019
Toast Masters is a organization that help develop oral presentation and leadership. It connects with community groups in different counties and businesses.
Pros
Company is strong
Great Place to work!
Customer Service/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2019
It's a great company, takes good care of their employees. Manager's are amazing, very helpful and the training process was great! Really prepares you for the calls.
It was OK
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 20, 2019
Management sucks. benefits is great work balance life ok. they show favoutrism. Hardets part is the customers but the job is easy but management sucks
Its okay
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 18, 2019
Overall Synchrony is a okay place to work .. the benefits are amazing but honestly that is about all .. for the work you do you're not paid enough, and there is not much flexibility if something just so happen to come up in life on a day you work .
Specialist Account Manager-Escalated Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Merriam, Kansas city KansasJune 12, 2019
A lot of activities, groups to get involved. Encourage your to learn more about other departments in evolve. More than 20 departments that you can learn from. Very friendly environment to work and very good benefits.
GReat place to work
Fraud Investigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2019
Synchrony is located in a beautiful building. Laid back atmosphere. The people are like family. there are several pantries and common spaces to relax. The work load is average and the moral is great,
Great place to work!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2019
Synchrony is a Great company to work for. The company has always put its employees first always finding ways to improve benefits. The culture is very employee centric.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at synchrony. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at synchrony.

Powered by Comparably