Synectics Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Nothing positive to say about new structure
Security Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 28, 2018
The company had a good corporate structure in the past. Security is a current concern for most of us, unfortunately. Some things could be done differently to provide confidence to staff.
Good place for me
Grants Support Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VA 22209February 5, 2018
Good place, people oriented, and caring. Professional culture. It is a good place to start get experience and look for opportunities of growth and advancement.
Pros
Longevity
Cons
New era of contracts
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 29, 2017
I liked working at Synectics. A typical day at work included fielding requests from government clients or the prime contractor, writing SAS programs or creating Excel spreadsheets to analyze health data sets, and writing or reviewing reports based on those analyses.

Management was generally good. None of the supervisors I had were micromanagers, all had an open door when issues came up. The hardest part of the job was tight deadlines or seemingly intractable programming issues; the most enjoyable part was meeting those challenges or getting to work on interesting reports or projects.
great place to work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 18, 2017
great place to work
opportunity to advance
flexible
a lot of hard work but worth it and you are acknowledged
laid back
technically innovative
getting into new agencies
winning work
A good place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rosslyn, VASeptember 15, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people who help children! The position provided assistance to the local Head Start programs around the country, and their Regional and National staffs.
Pros
Relaxed and contemporary workplace.
Cons
Traffic in Northern Virginia
Awesome company.
Junior Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 20, 2017
Loved the culture and relaxed feel of the organization. Team oriented environment. Laid back and non-stressful. However, the pay was sub standard compared to industry averages.
Company is in crisis
Training Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn, VAMay 8, 2017
Since new management took over - they are a complete flop. This company went from an employee oriented great place to work to a employee adverse place to work. Once the owner took over - he argued with our customer and lost us our main business. have brought in expense folks to find new business that have no produced business. They has laid off and encouraged folks to leave. They now play favorites and get rid of folks they don't like. Pretty much all employees who had been there for 10+ years have been terminated or left. Employees left are fearful that company will collapse.
Pros
Serve bagels on Tuesday and have free coffee
Cons
No job security at all. Bad management and ignorant HR
PC Tech (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek SCApril 27, 2017
Learned alot from the company. They gave me my first job after i graduated from school. Very knowledgeable people working for them. Had to be a team player. Everyone helped one another.
Pros
Weekends off
Change of Management Leaves lots to be desired
Art Director and Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn, VAJanuary 6, 2017
After nearly 26 years with Synectics I am ready to move on. The company went from one of the most amazing places to work to just another corporate grind, leaving the employee as the last concern under the profit margin. I understand a company needs to grow and thrive, which Synectics did well under the previous management. But, the new bosses have broken the family-like atmosphere which encouraged their people to do their best. There is a huge turn-over now, with the best employees jumping ship. Including me hopefully.
Pros
Flex time and telecomuting
Cons
New management seems to have changed their priorities from the culture to the bottom line
Consulting
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Peapack, NJOctober 17, 2016
This is a consulting company and been with them only 4 months. I work at the client site which is Pfizer.

The onboarding process was informative and good.
Professional and efficient
All Lines Adjuster License (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2015
My experience with this company reflected a very well organized and professional organization. They were always on the job, readily available and very responsive telephonically and by email.
Poor management
This (Former Employee) –  CtSeptember 10, 2014
Horrible company to work for, they do not value there contractors. The treat them like slaves!!!!!
Pros
Non
Cons
A lot
Great until recently
Task Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 20, 2014
This company used to be great in terms of culture, benefits, pay, and general company atmosphere. Recently the owner has taken over and I cannot recommend working here at this time.
Temp Agnecy
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2014
There was a pay discrepancy between the company and the employer when I first started, but after that was ironed out, working for them was one of the best things that I have done.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 9, 2014
I commute from Baltimore to Virginia everyday and I would not have it any other way. A great company that I grew up in as my dad works here. Great employees and long time friends.
I like the pay
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2014
I worked for my money we were tested on the knowledge of the products and services that were offered through their company.
small privately owned business
Computer Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 10, 2013
Privately owned, owner expected a big contract to come in, needed someone for the expected increase in work. Contract did not come through, same old story.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Challenging
Sr. Developer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 28, 2013
When I first started there, the trade promotion software was full of bugs and the customer's would get upset. By the time I left the software was completely stable.
Pros
making the application stable and able to do many tasks
Cons
management was rude to customer's
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fox Chapel PADecember 12, 2012
The staffing company employees are very nice, but no work or long term work available
IT Associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 5, 2012
Got a lot of good experience in the IT field with this company. Typical day was going around to specified clients and servicing their business networks. On slow days I would make networks cables and update blogs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Synectics Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight