Syneos Health Clinical Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Depends on the day...
Global Procurement (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 16, 2018
The merger of the two companies has been challenging as with any merger. As a mid level manager, the company is still trying to determine the long term processes. The employees are very friendly and most people are willing to step in to support each other.
Micromanaged
HR (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 13, 2018
A lot of the associates were nice and helpful. However, direct management micromanaged the entire time and made it awkward to go into work every day. My advice would be to ensure you're promoting associate who are ready for management and not those who have little to no experience or guidance beforehand.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Casual Dress
Cons
Micromanagement
Terrible Company
Senior Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAAugust 11, 2018
Excessive daily hours, lack of respect for work/life balance, failure to promote from within, increasingly negative company culture, general lack of oversight and engagement between managers and those they oversee
Lack of work life balance and diversity
Senior Contracts Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 29, 2018
There's a lot work to be done and not enough resources to get the job done. This has created a lack of work life balance in the company. This leads to frustration. The management team is not diverse enough so I'm not sure that I have room for grow my career there.
Syneos Health
Lab Support Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJuly 28, 2018
Syneos Health is a wonderful yet frustrating place to work for at the same time. That atmosphere around the office is one of its best qualities. employees can really feel like part of a family here. But like any place you work there are some negatives. Sometimes it feels like management can be somewhat disconnected from their employees although this may be the case on the immuno-chemistry side of the business rather than the Mass spec sdie.
Would not recommend with inVentive Health
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJuly 25, 2018
The company required lengthy compliance training which also conflict with mandatory client trainings. Micro managing leadership style. Not transparent with role objectives.
Pros
Cons
Cut throat leadership
A good place
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2018
Highly experienced, highly capable coworkers. Good team cooperation. Opportunity to work independently. Somewhat understaffed. More production emergencies than average. A bit behind on technology.
Pros
Good work/life balance. Good respect from management.
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement
Great company
Project Finanical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 25, 2018
Great company to work for that has a mission to help people. A typical day of work consists fo supporting the project team with anything to do with finance.
No balance, lack of communication or clear direction, stressful environment
Global Real Estate Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 18, 2018
The post-merger culture has been challenging at best and outright toxic at worst. Most of it is due to normal issues that occur during a merger but some issues are very deep seated and will take a long time to sort out. Communication is a major issue with many people feeling like they just don't know what's going on or what their place is in the new company.
Very collaborative place to work
SITE CONTRACT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  STATE OF MEXICOJuly 9, 2018
It is a very collaborative place to work, nice people every were, every one shares their knowledge with you in order to make the on boarding easily and faster than other regular places.
Pros
Very collaborative place to work
Cons
Non
Secure employment
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CAJuly 6, 2018
This is a great place to work. Management was professional with strong leadership and clear goals. They value their employees efforts with incentives to drive growth, generous time off and individual recognition within the region. Employee's were encouraged to reach out to any member of the company regardless of title or rank. I was very fortunate to be a part of this company & I look forward to the day I can return. Syneos Healthcare is committed to their customers, partnerships, people and growth.
Pros
Incentives, Travel, Networking
Manager was great but contract was unstable
Immunology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2018
My manager was amazing but the contract itself was unstable. the company we were contracted with told us many times that this was a long term contract, most recently Jan/18 then the contract ended six months later.
Set up case studies to make sure doctors were set to track payments and visits
Grant- Investigator Payment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 21, 2018
Fantastic company to work for. The department I was in had new management at the time that was the hardest part of the job. I grew a lot at this company. I learned that if you do your job very well, they will have you helping or doing other people's work. I really liked the atmosphere and the people that worked in our department; laid back, and everyone had each others back. I learned how much teamwork actually plays a vital role in how well the department progresses on projects. Another hard part was how far behind the department was in uploading case studies, but we were able to over come.
Pros
Great atmospher, and great people
Cons
A lot of new people having to learn a lot quickly
Great place to work!
Executive Assistant to C-Level (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 15, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was being around the people. Working with people who were smart and friendly and didn't mind sharing their knowledge with me. I loved learning from executives and managers who were in different roles so that I could understand how the company worked. Syneos Health has great synergy! I enjoy working here.
I worked for Syneos(formerly INC) and would not choose to work for them. However, I had no choice as INC "merged" with Inventivhealth
Senior CRA (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 11, 2018
I have only been associated with Syneos since January when Syneos took over Inventiv. I was very sad about this, as I was not happy when I worked for INC.
Good culture evolving in merging of legacy companies
Director, Strategic Resourcing Group (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 11, 2018
As two legacy companies merged, INC Research and inVentiv Health, the integration is still underway but shows positive signs of mission and direction. My experience in the Strategic Resourcing Group has been positive and supportive, with competent leadership.
Pros
Client assignment with challenges to grow with, good compensation and benefits, dedicated staff
Cons
Pharma market challenging CROs with cost-reductions, limits salary growth in some areas
Good way to get foot in the door
Medical Device Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 6, 2018
Upon hired you're told there is no hand holding, but all there is with this company is micromanaging (being watched on a live camera) Expect a new rule or a change to the norm everyday. Lastly, expect to never get your questions answered correctly. Be prepared to make calls all day long. Call center doesn't have windows and the "break room" doesn't even have windows.
Pros
known company
Cons
bare minimum with everything
Productive Atmosphere, Work Life Balance, however could definitely use more PTL days
Sr. Biopharmaceutical Cardiovascular Rep (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 30, 2018
For the most part as a rep we are allowed to work our territory as if it is our business. The only thing I would prefer is that Contract are treated like step children.
Pros
Syneos has cornered 85% of the contractd market.
Cons
Salaries need to come up to par relative parent company salaries. More PTO days need to be given.
Syneos is a company that has grown significantly and as such there is a lot of room to grow and collaborate.
Director of Accounting (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 23, 2018
Syneos is a company that has grown significantly and as such there is a lot of room to grow and collaborate with others. There is a lot of potential to be included in positive change as the company refines policies and procedures.
The hardworking and underpaid employees are what make the company great
Study Start (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 23, 2018
Company recently merged, so is going through many changes. The people there are great, management is hands on and everyone is dedicated, hard workers. The processes there are likely to improve over time and this company has great potential. However, they will try to low-ball you when it comes to compensation and skill level. They do not want to pay people what they are worth unless the need is urgent on their end. Also, they are notorious for requesting an interview for a specific position, but offer a lower position level and salary than what was discussed during the recruitment process. Instant turn-off!
Pros
knowledgeable people
Cons
work load vs. pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Syneos Health Clinical. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight