Syneos Health Clinical Employee Reviews

Frequent changes in employment structures
Senior Clinical Data Associate (Former Employee) –  New Hope, PAJanuary 30, 2019
Workdays consisted of guessing which priority from which manager was most important
Learned to not volunteer too much for tasks one is not billable for.
Multiple managers and frequent changes made work difficult.
No culture to speak of, Most everyone was allowed to work remotely.
Hardest part was juggling the responsibilities of 3 job titles at once, while only being billable for 1/2 of one of them.
Most enjoyable was departing.
Productive and fun, but pay is lacking.
PROJECT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 10, 2019
I was contracted to work as a Project Specialist, which was to complete regulatory audits (search for documents in preparation for MHRA audit). However, the job took on more of a Clinical Trials Assistant role (which included QC of documents, creating spreadsheets for audits). This would have been fine if I was being paid for the actual work I was doing. I was also filling up my gas tank 2x per week as my commute was approximately 50 miles round trip. Direction/focus changed almost constantly. The pay wasn't worth it. Apart from that the the other contractors and permanent staff were fun to work with and were genuinely good people.
Interesting Role
Clinical Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 26, 2018
Management frequently restructuring, seemingly due to undergoing merger. Rules regarding transitioning to other roles within company are hazy and half-hazardly enforced or even presented to staff. Creates great difficulty in ability to develop and advance role within the company. Field work offers great autonomy and adequate preparation of training was given from Syneos.
Management is terrible
PDM (Former Employee) –  Home BasedFebruary 17, 2019
Training is not provided by the staff, pretty much you have to use the resources and navigate around, management is not interested in training the staff but rather to give several studies and let you deal with it. Many employees are stressed due to the amount of work and lack of resources. Expections from employees are unreal, no job/life balance.
Benefits
Contract Company
Field Access & Reimbursement Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 16, 2019
The company is primarily dedicated to provide contract employees to the pharmaceutical industry in various positions. It's employees typically have a background working directly for the pharmaceutical industry.
Pros
Multiple positions available
Cons
contract company with fewer benefits and opportunities than direct hire companies.
Good place to work with great work life balance
Nurse Manager- Full Time (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 19, 2018
Syneos is a really good place to work.
The company promoted me to a nurse manager position and helped mentor me in my leadership skills.
It has a great culture of inclusiveness.
The most enjoyable part of the job has been my relationship with colleagues as well as my team of nurses that I managed.
Pros
great work life balance
It has a different culture now with Syneos
Clinical Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2018
I joined the company when it was Inventiv Health and it had a great culture for hard working people, specially working parents.
When INC merged with Inventiv it just became too big and the culture changed so much that the work force does not feel appreciated anymore and workload increased a lot. It might just be on certain projects client dedicated.
Cons
Metrics
Low morale of personnel
Sr. Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJOctober 14, 2018
Since the merger with INC in 2017, the overal morale of colleagues has deminished significantly. Colleagues who were previously part of inVentiv Health are, for the most part, treated as inferior to INC personnel. Many people, who were previously inVentiv personnel, have already left.

In addition, my commute which used to be approximately 20-25 minutes from home, has more than doubled due to the recent closure of the Princeton, NJ office.
Pros
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Cons
Low employee morale, poor management.
The worst contract pharma.company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  TNOctober 10, 2018
Upper management is a joke, no work life balance
They are not interested in helping their employees. Depending on contract your direct manager may or may not be a micro manager, doesnt matter since they restructure frequently, during my 2 years I had 3 managers. Lots of conference calls.and busy work. Do not help place displaced reps when contract ends
Pros
Pay is fair
Cons
No job security, micro management, frequent restructuring, lots of busy work, no support from management
Company environment
Country Submissions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCFebruary 19, 2019
There is not a work life balance. Line manager say that there is but it is not true. They favor certain people and groom their favorite employees (friends) for career advancement.
Pros
Nice new office, free coffee, knowledgeable managers, updated systems
Cons
micro-managers, unrealistic workload
Na
Senior Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 9, 2018
Company isn't strongly pulled together. Doesn't offer proper job specific training. Expectations are to onboard and basically just know the company's protocols and procedures. Mentors are individuals whom are not properly trained themselves therefore getting the right answer to anything is like running in circles.
Good work/life balance but poor management and limited advancement opportunities
CRA (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 23, 2019
Great people overall, but resourcing/management is poor, annual raises are a joke, systems in place for training/learning are not applicable to roles.
Pros
Decent benefits and autonomy to do one's job
Cons
You're just a number in a large organization
Nice balance of work culture
Study Management Associate II (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeJanuary 30, 2019
Syneos Health had a great work life balance. The training was well balanced. The supervisors worked closely with their teams and made sure we new each other.
Pros
Everyone worked well together
Cons
was unable to find another position after the contract position stopped.
Not a good place to work
Regulatory Records Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJanuary 28, 2019
It is very hard to have career advancement. The pay is despicable with the amount of work that they give you. Management is a joke. You can't complain to Human Resources without them involving your manager, it's too much.
Pros
Work from home day if applicable
Merger ruined the company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 6, 2018
I used to love coming to work everyday (metaphorically speaking as I work from home). I had great managers with good communication and co-workers I trusted and respected. Since the merger, legacy inVentiv Health employees have been laid off by the dozens, including almost all management and the ones of us left are treated like we are being set up to fail or be fired. There is no more communication, systems that don't work and make it impossible to do your job, and really an atmosphere of the blind leading the blind. Questions don't get answered, clients are unhappy and the employees who were not laid of are leaving just as quickly.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Everything else
Company that is trying to do a lot of great work
Brand Strategist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 25, 2019
As a company they are really good. I worked for GSW and they put out some of the best Pharma work. I learned more in my time working for syneos than I have for any other company period.
Pros
Great pay and good people
Cons
60 hours is the expected.
IT Culture Deteriorated Post-Merger
Manager, IT Applications (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 19, 2018
IT culture was ruined by merger. Too bad: used to be very good. "Leadership" is openly reviled in favor of "management" on the non-clinical IT side. This is not 1965. That attitude does not create a productive work environment.
Pros
Remote work opportunities, good compensation
Cons
Poor culture
A nice place to work
Safely Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 28, 2018
I just opened up my work sites, got my assignments, communicated with my team and started my work day. I learned to be more resourceful, more balanced with my time, how to cut my workload down with being more computer savvy. Management was very good, very approachable, understanding, helpful, considerate and very nice. The workplace culture was super solid, quite, serene, and sweet whenever I was in the office. This was ultimately a remote position. The hardest part of my job was in the very beginning, I knew nothing about drug development, but I got it very quickly. The most enjoyable part was working from home and the flexibility.
Pros
Coffee machine, snacks and breakfast offered daily
Cons
The long commute
No work/life balance
Project Manager II (Former Employee) –  Home BasedNovember 27, 2018
Position required far more than 40 hours/week, minimum of 50-60. Was not given enough time to complete training before being placed on a very rigorous project. Spent so much time in meetings it was hard to get anything else done
Pros
Organized
Cons
Pace is grueling
Contract Sales company
CNS NEUROLOGY Specialty Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI and surrounding areaJanuary 14, 2019
Great place to work, of course each contract and manager determine the experience.

I have worked two contracts and Syneos recruiters do a nice job of finding future work when each contract has ended.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Syneos Health Clinical. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Syneos Health Clinical.

Powered by Comparably