Syneos Health Clinical Employee Reviews

The hardworking and underpaid employees are what make the company great
Study Start (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 23, 2018
Company recently merged, so is going through many changes. The people there are great, management is hands on and everyone is dedicated, hard workers. The processes there are likely to improve over time and this company has great potential. However, they will try to low-ball you when it comes to compensation and skill level. They do not want to pay people what they are worth unless the need is urgent on their end. Also, they are notorious for requesting an interview for a specific position, but offer a lower position level and salary than what was discussed during the recruitment process. Instant turn-off!
Pros
knowledgeable people
Cons
work load vs. pay
Great company for contractors
Media, Manager/Contractor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 22, 2018
This company is an exciting and interesting place to work. The clients are all major companies operating within the healthcare space. They treat contractors exceptionally well and work with them as though they are part of the team. Group of really smart marketing professionals and they really, really care about their clients.
flexibility
Biopharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 22, 2018
good company, company up sizes and downsizes depending on client needs, can be a short notice if the client decides to reduce workforce, good training
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Over view
Sr. Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 20, 2018
It is very difficult to write an overview when you have just been acquired and do not know what is happening. I highly respect my upper management from inVentiv Health
Good pay and benefits
Healthcare Liaison (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAMay 19, 2018
Good pay for entry level contract pharma job. Flexible schedule. 7 HCP calls per day required, plus a few pharmacy calls if possible. Management a bit disorganized as territories were realigned a few times within 6 months.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management disorganized...territories constantly realigned
Transition
PM Projects Portfolio (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 17, 2018
Syneos will need time to transition and merge the two organizations of inventiv and INC. There are many culture differences. Many systems are still separate and need to be integrated.
Pros
diversity
Cons
trust is a big issue
Worked there as INC Research
Clinical Data Associate II (Former Employee) –  New Hope, PAMay 10, 2018
Was not happy with management there. They were not flexible. The company was going through restructuring. Company was too conservative and moral was very low.
Pros
I learned a lot
Cons
Didn't want to pay me fairly
Great company with lots of oppurtunities. However they do not have jobs all year round.
Clinical Research Assocuate II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 3, 2018
There is good on the job training. O was able to really develop my skills . The people are made up of a small closely-knit group. The work environment is very friendly.
Good place to learn getting into the Pharma sales business
Pharmaceutical Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNApril 30, 2018
Inventiv(aka Syneos) was a good place to start. I had an outside of Inventiv embedded Manager, so felt , for the most part, a member of the team for the Pharma company I represented. We did get paid less and even though we did the same exact job, got smaller bonuses as well. Pharma sales jobs ( if done correctly are not typically 8-5). You do meetings and lunches/dinners in the evenings and then have sometimes significant drives home. Most enjoyable part of job was some of people I called on in the clinics and friendships that developed, as well as friendships with coworkers.
Pros
Work from your home and travel to accounts/clinics
Cons
contract so no job security
Great workplace culture
Site Contracts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 26, 2018
Great Workplace culture, lacking training programs for contracting, needs to get a better structure in certain departments, also pay needs to be worked on as well.
Good Company to work for
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Los Angeles) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 18, 2018
Typical work day is on site monitoring or traveling to or from a site. Management attempts to be open and communicative with employees. Hardest part of the job is adapting to ever present changes.
Terrible Management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2018
Management was comprised of all 'younger' people who had zero experience with neither management nor 'leading'. Management was assigned by who was open to move into the position, NOT by what qualifications they held to fulfill the role. Absolutely awful.
Lots of changes after merger
SSU Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 7, 2018
There have been many changes after the merger. The benefits, PTO, and 401k match have all gotten worse. Things are very unorganized which is attributing to the very high turnover.
Upbeat and active
Country Submission Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 28, 2018
Overall - a solid company to work for. Upbeat and active atmosphere when in the office which helps teambuilding. Management welcomes flexible schedules.
Great place to work although I am sure it varies by contract.
Specialty Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 27, 2018
Collaborative and team oriented. However, in my experience, contracts end before the stated time frame. Flexibility is a must if working for a contract company.
Flexible job
Site Identification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Home BasedMarch 15, 2018
The job was stressful as a new study was kicking off but other than that, it was pretty easy going. If I needed help with anything, I could reach out to the team and they would pitch in. My hours while working from home were completely flexible. Sometimes I worked weekends to either meet deadline or to make up hours that I had missed during the week. It wasn't a big deal though since I did it all from home. Management was good and knowledgeable. I helped in training new employees and helped them get set up on their computers. Overall, it was a positive experience.
Can be financially inconsitent at times as a contractor, but also gives you more personal freedom
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMarch 6, 2018
My review is based on the company before the merger As a contractor, you're only paid when you have an actual project you're working on and there are times when the work pool dries out so you wont be getting paid if you're a contractor with them (if you're contracting through somewhere else, you'll be fine) so it's important to keep a nest egg for about a month of very little work (usually during the winter time period). The plus side is there is a lot of freedom as a contractor and as long as your finances are stable enough, you can usually have a pretty flexible schedule.
Pros
Flexibility, great culture, lax dress (as a dev), small enough to be able to play with newer technologies
Cons
not best job security, hourly contractors can have random periods of financial strain
Contract company
UROLOGY/ONCOLOGY SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NY , New JerseyMarch 5, 2018
InVentiv is a contract company so although the culture is good, you are more susceptible to losing a sales position as the parent company can cancel the contract at any time. This is what happened to myself and everyone else on the Janssen contract.
Overall I would work again for Inventiv (now called Syneos Health)
Study Team always dependable
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 26, 2018
The teams I have been on at inVentivHealth have always been supportive. Each project I have worked on has been knowledgeable of all processes in place for that particular study. I have never felt alone in my position.
good contract company
Contract Dermatology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJFebruary 26, 2018
started a contract with a dermatology company here. Learned a lot about the field and made some great relationships. Access is usually very good in Derm offices
Pros
Always a new contract
Cons
contract over, your out of a job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Syneos Health Clinical. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

84out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Syneos Health Clinical.