Syneos Health Clinical Employee Reviews

No balance, lack of communication or clear direction, stressful environment
Global Real Estate Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 18, 2018
The post-merger culture has been challenging at best and outright toxic at worst. Most of it is due to normal issues that occur during a merger but some issues are very deep seated and will take a long time to sort out. Communication is a major issue with many people feeling like they just don't know what's going on or what their place is in the new company.
Very collaborative place to work
SITE CONTRACT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  STATE OF MEXICOJuly 9, 2018
It is a very collaborative place to work, nice people every were, every one shares their knowledge with you in order to make the on boarding easily and faster than other regular places.
Pros
Very collaborative place to work
Cons
Non
Secure employment
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CAJuly 6, 2018
This is a great place to work. Management was professional with strong leadership and clear goals. They value their employees efforts with incentives to drive growth, generous time off and individual recognition within the region. Employee's were encouraged to reach out to any member of the company regardless of title or rank. I was very fortunate to be a part of this company & I look forward to the day I can return. Syneos Healthcare is committed to their customers, partnerships, people and growth.
Pros
Incentives, Travel, Networking
Manager was great but contract was unstable
Immunology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2018
My manager was amazing but the contract itself was unstable. the company we were contracted with told us many times that this was a long term contract, most recently Jan/18 then the contract ended six months later.
Set up case studies to make sure doctors were set to track payments and visits
Grant- Investigator Payment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 21, 2018
Fantastic company to work for. The department I was in had new management at the time that was the hardest part of the job. I grew a lot at this company. I learned that if you do your job very well, they will have you helping or doing other people's work. I really liked the atmosphere and the people that worked in our department; laid back, and everyone had each others back. I learned how much teamwork actually plays a vital role in how well the department progresses on projects. Another hard part was how far behind the department was in uploading case studies, but we were able to over come.
Pros
Great atmospher, and great people
Cons
A lot of new people having to learn a lot quickly
Great place to work!
Executive Assistant to C-Level (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 15, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was being around the people. Working with people who were smart and friendly and didn't mind sharing their knowledge with me. I loved learning from executives and managers who were in different roles so that I could understand how the company worked. Syneos Health has great synergy! I enjoy working here.
I worked for Syneos(formerly INC) and would not choose to work for them. However, I had no choice as INC "merged" with Inventivhealth
Senior CRA (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 11, 2018
I have only been associated with Syneos since January when Syneos took over Inventiv. I was very sad about this, as I was not happy when I worked for INC.
Good culture evolving in merging of legacy companies
Director, Strategic Resourcing Group (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 11, 2018
As two legacy companies merged, INC Research and inVentiv Health, the integration is still underway but shows positive signs of mission and direction. My experience in the Strategic Resourcing Group has been positive and supportive, with competent leadership.
Pros
Client assignment with challenges to grow with, good compensation and benefits, dedicated staff
Cons
Pharma market challenging CROs with cost-reductions, limits salary growth in some areas
Good way to get foot in the door
Medical Device Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 6, 2018
Upon hired you're told there is no hand holding, but all there is with this company is micromanaging (being watched on a live camera) Expect a new rule or a change to the norm everyday. Lastly, expect to never get your questions answered correctly. Be prepared to make calls all day long. Call center doesn't have windows and the "break room" doesn't even have windows.
Pros
known company
Cons
bare minimum with everything
Productive Atmosphere, Work Life Balance, however could definitely use more PTL days
Sr. Biopharmaceutical Cardiovascular Rep (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 30, 2018
For the most part as a rep we are allowed to work our territory as if it is our business. The only thing I would prefer is that Contract are treated like step children.
Pros
Syneos has cornered 85% of the contractd market.
Cons
Salaries need to come up to par relative parent company salaries. More PTO days need to be given.
Syneos is a company that has grown significantly and as such there is a lot of room to grow and collaborate.
Director of Accounting (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 23, 2018
Syneos is a company that has grown significantly and as such there is a lot of room to grow and collaborate with others. There is a lot of potential to be included in positive change as the company refines policies and procedures.
The hardworking and underpaid employees are what make the company great
Study Start (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 23, 2018
Company recently merged, so is going through many changes. The people there are great, management is hands on and everyone is dedicated, hard workers. The processes there are likely to improve over time and this company has great potential. However, they will try to low-ball you when it comes to compensation and skill level. They do not want to pay people what they are worth unless the need is urgent on their end. Also, they are notorious for requesting an interview for a specific position, but offer a lower position level and salary than what was discussed during the recruitment process. Instant turn-off!
Pros
knowledgeable people
Cons
work load vs. pay
Great company for contractors
Media, Manager/Contractor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 22, 2018
This company is an exciting and interesting place to work. The clients are all major companies operating within the healthcare space. They treat contractors exceptionally well and work with them as though they are part of the team. Group of really smart marketing professionals and they really, really care about their clients.
flexibility
Biopharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 22, 2018
good company, company up sizes and downsizes depending on client needs, can be a short notice if the client decides to reduce workforce, good training
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Over view
Sr. Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 20, 2018
It is very difficult to write an overview when you have just been acquired and do not know what is happening. I highly respect my upper management from inVentiv Health
Good pay and benefits
Healthcare Liaison (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAMay 19, 2018
Good pay for entry level contract pharma job. Flexible schedule. 7 HCP calls per day required, plus a few pharmacy calls if possible. Management a bit disorganized as territories were realigned a few times within 6 months.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management disorganized...territories constantly realigned
Transition
PM Projects Portfolio (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 17, 2018
Syneos will need time to transition and merge the two organizations of inventiv and INC. There are many culture differences. Many systems are still separate and need to be integrated.
Pros
diversity
Cons
trust is a big issue
Worked there as INC Research
Clinical Data Associate II (Former Employee) –  New Hope, PAMay 10, 2018
Was not happy with management there. They were not flexible. The company was going through restructuring. Company was too conservative and moral was very low.
Pros
I learned a lot
Cons
Didn't want to pay me fairly
Great company with lots of oppurtunities. However they do not have jobs all year round.
Clinical Research Assocuate II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 3, 2018
There is good on the job training. O was able to really develop my skills . The people are made up of a small closely-knit group. The work environment is very friendly.
Good place to learn getting into the Pharma sales business
Pharmaceutical Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNApril 30, 2018
Inventiv(aka Syneos) was a good place to start. I had an outside of Inventiv embedded Manager, so felt , for the most part, a member of the team for the Pharma company I represented. We did get paid less and even though we did the same exact job, got smaller bonuses as well. Pharma sales jobs ( if done correctly are not typically 8-5). You do meetings and lunches/dinners in the evenings and then have sometimes significant drives home. Most enjoyable part of job was some of people I called on in the clinics and friendships that developed, as well as friendships with coworkers.
Pros
Work from your home and travel to accounts/clinics
Cons
contract so no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Syneos Health Clinical. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight