Syneos Health Clinical Employee Reviews

Low morale of personnel
Sr. Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJOctober 14, 2018
Since the merger with INC in 2017, the overal morale of colleagues has deminished significantly. Colleagues who were previously part of inVentiv Health are, for the most part, treated as inferior to INC personnel. Many people, who were previously inVentiv personnel, have already left.

In addition, my commute which used to be approximately 20-25 minutes from home, has more than doubled due to the recent closure of the Princeton, NJ office.
Pros
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Cons
Low employee morale, poor management.
The worst contract pharma.company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  TNOctober 10, 2018
Upper management is a joke, no work life balance
They are not interested in helping their employees. Depending on contract your direct manager may or may not be a micro manager, doesnt matter since they restructure frequently, during my 2 years I had 3 managers. Lots of conference calls.and busy work. Do not help place displaced reps when contract ends
Pros
Pay is fair
Cons
No job security, micro management, frequent restructuring, lots of busy work, no support from management
If youre a horrid human being, this company needs you!
Senior Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 30, 2018
The WORST manager I have ever had, she was rude, condescending, and just plain mean. Zero team work, no support from management and constant ecouragement to kiss behind
Pros
remote work
Cons
I would take my Masters degree and flip burgers before going back there
People are good to work with
Project Data Manager (Current Employee) –  raleigh, ncSeptember 25, 2018
Management can be passive aggressive and there are a lot of politics at the top.

Which career progress was more of a priority. There are some people that have so much more to offer but get stuck in the day to day grind.
Pros
flexibility to work from home
Cons
not being able to gain career growth opportunities
Wonderful company
GSK Asthma Representative, Central ME (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MESeptember 20, 2018
Great company, great manager, wonderful products, great benefits, learning opportunities, career advancement, flexible, progressive, company car, paid vaca days, professional environment, updated technology
Hard to Advance in department
Investigator Payment Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Payment Specialist are underpaid for the work that they do and are overworked. Management makes a lot of false promises. If people were paid more and management actually tried listened to their team, things would be a lot better.
Great company to work for and manager was amazing!!!
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Love the company and the management, I have a wonderful experience working with my team and manager. I recommend this company to anyone looking in the industry.
A devoted workforce
Professional Representative (Current Employee) –  VermontSeptember 17, 2018
I think Syneos is a great place to work, but the Contract company decided to downsize. Syneos supports their reps completely in everything from company cars to full benefits.
Demanding but Rewarding Work
Senior Clinical Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 16, 2018
CRO work can be extremely demanding, but Syneos offers teams of talented, dedicated professionals to support their employees. They stay on the forefront of the industry with adaption of quality tools, systems and platforms to support their teams.
Excellent place to work.
NeuroScience Specialty Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNSeptember 12, 2018
Enjoyed the work life balance. Great group of people to work with and always enjoyed going to work. Very fair with evaluations and compensation as well as vacation time.
Pros
Work life balance.
Sr. Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 11, 2018
I liked working at Syneos health when it was inVentiv Health. No sure how the culture is now with the change. But would go back if they have openings.
I do not like this company
Pharmaceutical TeleSolutions (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJSeptember 6, 2018
I do not like this company and that is the main reason why I am searching for other jobs here in indeed. I have not been happy working at this company.
Merger ruined the company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 6, 2018
I used to love coming to work everyday (metaphorically speaking as I work from home). I had great managers with good communication and co-workers I trusted and respected. Since the merger, legacy inVentiv Health employees have been laid off by the dozens, including almost all management and the ones of us left are treated like we are being set up to fail or be fired. There is no more communication, systems that don't work and make it impossible to do your job, and really an atmosphere of the blind leading the blind. Questions don't get answered, clients are unhappy and the employees who were not laid of are leaving just as quickly.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Everything else
Poor Management/Bad Boss
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 30, 2018
I was overworked and under paid at this company. Communication with upper management sucked! Management was always unavailable. No promotions from within were allowed.
A nice place to work
Safely Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 28, 2018
I just opened up my work sites, got my assignments, communicated with my team and started my work day. I learned to be more resourceful, more balanced with my time, how to cut my workload down with being more computer savvy. Management was very good, very approachable, understanding, helpful, considerate and very nice. The workplace culture was super solid, quite, serene, and sweet whenever I was in the office. This was ultimately a remote position. The hardest part of my job was in the very beginning, I knew nothing about drug development, but I got it very quickly. The most enjoyable part was working from home and the flexibility.
Pros
Coffee machine, snacks and breakfast offered daily
Cons
The long commute
Strong Leadership
Director, Global Safety and Pharmacovigilance (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 22, 2018
Excellent work environment. Working soley from home office environment has its pros and cons.

Employees are highly skilled and commited to each and every client regardless of size.
Pros
Remote work option
Cons
Remote work option
Depends on the day...
Global Procurement (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 16, 2018
The merger of the two companies has been challenging as with any merger. As a mid level manager, the company is still trying to determine the long term processes. The employees are very friendly and most people are willing to step in to support each other.
Micromanaged
HR (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 13, 2018
A lot of the associates were nice and helpful. However, direct management micromanaged the entire time and made it awkward to go into work every day. My advice would be to ensure you're promoting associate who are ready for management and not those who have little to no experience or guidance beforehand.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Casual Dress
Cons
Micromanagement
Terrible Company
Senior Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAAugust 11, 2018
Excessive daily hours, lack of respect for work/life balance, failure to promote from within, increasingly negative company culture, general lack of oversight and engagement between managers and those they oversee
Lack of work life balance and diversity
Senior Contracts Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 29, 2018
There's a lot work to be done and not enough resources to get the job done. This has created a lack of work life balance in the company. This leads to frustration. The management team is not diverse enough so I'm not sure that I have room for grow my career there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Syneos Health Clinical. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

84out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Syneos Health Clinical.

Powered by Comparably