Syneos Health Clinical Employee Reviews

Good Company to work for
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Los Angeles) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 18, 2018
Typical work day is on site monitoring or traveling to or from a site. Management attempts to be open and communicative with employees. Hardest part of the job is adapting to ever present changes.
Terrible Management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2018
Management was comprised of all 'younger' people who had zero experience with neither management nor 'leading'. Management was assigned by who was open to move into the position, NOT by what qualifications they held to fulfill the role. Absolutely awful.
Lots of changes after merger
SSU Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 7, 2018
There have been many changes after the merger. The benefits, PTO, and 401k match have all gotten worse. Things are very unorganized which is attributing to the very high turnover.
Upbeat and active
Country Submission Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 28, 2018
Overall - a solid company to work for. Upbeat and active atmosphere when in the office which helps teambuilding. Management welcomes flexible schedules.
Great place to work although I am sure it varies by contract.
Specialty Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 27, 2018
Collaborative and team oriented. However, in my experience, contracts end before the stated time frame. Flexibility is a must if working for a contract company.
Flexible job
Site Identification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Home BasedMarch 15, 2018
The job was stressful as a new study was kicking off but other than that, it was pretty easy going. If I needed help with anything, I could reach out to the team and they would pitch in. My hours while working from home were completely flexible. Sometimes I worked weekends to either meet deadline or to make up hours that I had missed during the week. It wasn't a big deal though since I did it all from home. Management was good and knowledgeable. I helped in training new employees and helped them get set up on their computers. Overall, it was a positive experience.
Can be financially inconsitent at times as a contractor, but also gives you more personal freedom
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMarch 6, 2018
My review is based on the company before the merger As a contractor, you're only paid when you have an actual project you're working on and there are times when the work pool dries out so you wont be getting paid if you're a contractor with them (if you're contracting through somewhere else, you'll be fine) so it's important to keep a nest egg for about a month of very little work (usually during the winter time period). The plus side is there is a lot of freedom as a contractor and as long as your finances are stable enough, you can usually have a pretty flexible schedule.
Pros
Flexibility, great culture, lax dress (as a dev), small enough to be able to play with newer technologies
Cons
not best job security, hourly contractors can have random periods of financial strain
Contract company
UROLOGY/ONCOLOGY SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NY , New JerseyMarch 5, 2018
InVentiv is a contract company so although the culture is good, you are more susceptible to losing a sales position as the parent company can cancel the contract at any time. This is what happened to myself and everyone else on the Janssen contract.
Overall I would work again for Inventiv (now called Syneos Health)
Study Team always dependable
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 26, 2018
The teams I have been on at inVentivHealth have always been supportive. Each project I have worked on has been knowledgeable of all processes in place for that particular study. I have never felt alone in my position.
good contract company
Contract Dermatology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJFebruary 26, 2018
started a contract with a dermatology company here. Learned a lot about the field and made some great relationships. Access is usually very good in Derm offices
Pros
Always a new contract
Cons
contract over, your out of a job
Good solid company
Clincial Data Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 23, 2018
Pre-merger, I was part of inVentiv Health. The benefits were fair, overall, not the best coverage or the best price, but on par with the industry. The work is good. Its chaotic, but it was the number one study for the program, so that's to be expected. Overall, very run of the mill for a CRO. Nothing crazy, nothing over the top. Newest benefit though, post-merger, is the week between Christmas and new years is now all off. Great perk, especially for working parents.
Pros
100% remote
Cons
benefits are pricy
The merger has destroyed the company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 22, 2018
The managers don't have a good understanding of the business. I left because I could see the writing on the walls. There is no way that this company will be profitable because they have no understanding of how to treat their people. This company has gone from being a wonderful place to probably the worst job I have ever had.
The company is decent to work for
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2018
There are many long hours but I think that's just part of the job. Unfortunately, management is not easy to communicate with if you have concerning issues or escalations.
Manager Global Safety and Pharmacovigilance (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 19, 2018
Plenty of room for growth, decent benefit package, management seems to care about employees. They have offices worldwide, so there is room for advancement
Depomed is ok depending on where your territory is
Neurology Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 15, 2018
If you work in a territory that has good insurance coverage then you'll do fine. If you work in a territory with many managed care challenges, it will be tough.
Pros
Company Car, talented Depomed managers
Cons
Big territories
Great Place to work
Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 14, 2018
Culture and managment with the best. Hard work equalled great pay with awards. Learned a lot everyday!! The most enjoyable part of the job was the teamwork.
Poor Management
Accounts Receivable Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 13, 2018
The company as a whole is okay but the managers are questionable as to their ability to do their jobs. The company demands of your time but put a manager in place who still believed in punching a time clock mentality.
Pros
Cons
work/life balance, poor management team
Fun place to work
Sales Professional, Pharmaceutical Sales (Former Employee) –  Iowa/NebraskaFebruary 13, 2018
I enjoyed working for Sanofi Aventis/inventive health. The culture was amazing and positive. I would recommend this company to any one who is looking.
Syneos Health - Manager, DM
Manager, Data Management (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 13, 2018
A typical day at work consists of administrative tasks, meetings with staff and sponsor meetings/escalations. No two days are the same, just as with any CRO. The hardest part of the job is being double/triple booked for meetings and not having enough time in the day to address everything. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to mentor staff and help with their personal and professional development.
Good place for an initial pharma job
Primary Care Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJFebruary 10, 2018
Inventiv was a nice way to get started in pharma sales. Being a contract sales company the culture was laid back, but you had to perform; which is good.
Benefits
Cons
Contract sales are always tricky.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Syneos Health Clinical. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight