Syneos Health Commercial Solutions Employee Reviews

Contract Sales is a Good Option
Contract Employee for Janssen (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLDecember 7, 2018
Syneos is a great place to work if you want to be in pharmaceutical sales. They have many contracts and it offers job security. You also can return to their job pool after other positions and retain your benefit of time worked there.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Salary is a bit less
Enjoyed my time with what was then - InVentiv
Senior Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 4, 2018
Attentive management several layers deep. Large company with many opportunities if contracts are cancelled or run out. They seem to work well as advocates of their employees.
Pros
large company, benefits, many opportunities
Cons
none that I can think of
Great working environment
Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2018
SyneosHealth is a great company to work for with great benefits and work/life balance fore its employees. SyneosHealth is a great company to learn more about being a CRA as they will push you and test your skills.
Pros
Winter closing
Cons
Therapeutically aligned
Poor retention effort & deceptive leadership
Sales Excellence Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 22, 2018
There was a commitment made that once you are in this contract organization you would have significant opportunities to move to other contracts. The opposite was true. Rarely could even get a response from internal recruiters.Very disappointing. I am aware of only 1/84 that moved on to a new internal contract.

They also assured us we had a solid contract through 2020. This was specifically stated on more than one leadership call. They just avoided saying that we were not part of that contract. I would qualify this as lying through omission.
Pros
Salary, support
Cons
Communication, retention effort, honesty
easy to work, unnecessary requirement to fill days for pharama
CRA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2018
managers were ok.
job training is ok
I got very good mentor
flexible in reimbursing the expenses
friendly work atmosphere
day was busy. Travel twice a week mandatory and has to be for 2 days. Which was very unnecessary requirement of AMGEN.
Pros
mandatory travel, under paid
Cons
401k, health, daily allownce
Not a great place to work.
Sr.CRA (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 17, 2018
Very poor and unresponsive managers. Manager changes every 3 months. The managers are stretched way too far. The amount of travel is no where near close to what you are told during the initial interview.
The hardest part of the job was traveling on weekends and holidays.
Pros
Benefits, great coworkers
Cons
Managers sstretched too thin.
OK place
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJAugust 9, 2018
Good benefits. 401K matching and end of year 401K addition based on years of service. Good work/life balance. Great avenues available for career growth and trainings.
Great place to work for
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 6, 2018
I love it here. Great work-life balance. Great management. Collaborative and friendly teams. Great benefits.
The typical work week is 40 hours except when traveling. The company requires 8 days on site per month, which is great. CRAs get per diem as additional benefits. My managers are great and appreciate all my hard work.
Pros
Average workload, great benefits
Cons
Hectic in the beginning but that's same with all comapnies
Terrible experience, beware!
Sales (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CADecember 10, 2018
It's been 6 months now since my travel to and from final interviews for a position with Syneos. I had to pay for hotel, meals, parking and other travel related expenses for an overnight interview, which I am accustomed to and have no problem with. Where I have a problem is AFTER 6 months I have yet to be reimbursed over $500 and have sent in at least 3 online expense reimbursement reports and 3 printed and mailed. They told me Syneos has 'changed' their reimbursement procedure so that's why I had to send in 6 of the same reports over a 4 month period in different manners and still no $$$ back to me to cover what they said they would reimburse. Getting any info is like pulling teeth.

Totally unprofessional! Beware.
Pros
you are free to do your job with little interruption
Cons
lack of leadership, organization, very temporary feel
Productive and interesting work.
Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMarch 13, 2018
A lot of travel required. Excellent training provided for role. Quarterly audits by peer who travels with you. Fun team of people to work with. No benefits with on-call positions.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Work predictability
Well Managed and competitive
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 21, 2018
Syneos Health is a great place to work but has all the difficulties of a contract company. The management is fine but they are bound by the company they have contracted with, which is not necessarily at the best interest of the sales person.
Pros
Good way to get into pharma sales
Cons
lower compensation, contracts can end at any time, no job security
Nice place to work
Teleconnect / Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJDecember 6, 2017
The environment at inVentiv Health was very professional. The managers were well trained and many had been with the company for many years. I managed a team of nurses across the US. The work itself was rewarding; however work/life balance wasn't always possible. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my team of nurses and internal colleagues. The hardest part of the job was managing client needs.
Pros
Nice benefits package and competitive salary
Cons
Contracted assignments
Sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 18, 2017
Overall good company however, for the contract I am under the pay is very low and the pull through is a ton of work and commissions are always late being paid. Because this is a contract company there is always a fear of the contract ending and another position not being available or offered in your area. Definitely the least amount of computer and paperwork I have ever had in a pharma job.
Pros
pretty much 9-5 job, not a lot of paperwork. Management leaves you alone for the most part.
Cons
low pay, late commissions and expensive benefits
Nice place to work
Patient Services Liaison - clinical nurse educator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 29, 2018
Solid company, however, the temporary "contract" status is tough to handle for some people. The health insurance was poor. The dental and eye was very good.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
temporary
Inventiv Health Review
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 2, 2018
Good company with a rewarding experience . Positive Culture with excellent management . They are a contract company wish assignment lasted longer. I would recommend them to people searching. Health Benefits could be stronger but over all benefits are good.
Worked for 1 1/2 years
Primary Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 18, 2018
Supported my efforts with my company manager. Recommended me when contract expired.
Learned disease state, and my territory responsibilities.
Management supported our efforts with contracted company.
Great friendly people to work with. Very professional
Hardest part: Not knowing length of contract; missing out on awards I helped work toward.
Knowing I did a good job
Pros
Individuality
Cons
Not knowing length of contract
fine company, depending on contract, money is good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 20, 2018
fine company, money and management is good depending on contract. Product and company you are contracted to work with can be good or bad depending on the contract.
Pros
money is good depending on contract
Cons
management could be iffy depending on contract
Good point of entrance to big pharma
Ventiv Health Rep-BI Contract (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 23, 2018
most difficult part of being contract sales is on the direct pharma management team what are the requirements of contract personnel
versus direct hires?
Pharma Sales
Immunology Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake County, UTNovember 20, 2017
This company is a contract Pharmaceutical sales company so when the contract is up so is your job. Great place to learn though! hands down! salary plus commission
Pros
work car, cell phone expense, internet expense
Cons
long hours with breakfasts & lunches to offices
unstable company
Specialty Pharmaceutical Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 13, 2017
Everything is at the mercy of the Client which canceled the contract after 11 weeks of start date.

The company had no vision and distributed a lot of misinformation to the employees.
Pros
Good Training & competitive salary
Cons
No job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Syneos Health Commercial Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight