Syneos Health
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

Syneos Health Employee Reviews

United States574 reviews

syneoscrocontractmergerbalancepharmapharmaceuticalclinical

Productive workplace for the right kind of person

Overall I think InVentiv is a fine company just not for me. I don't like the idea of switching from company to company every two years or so and the pay is so far under the industry average that it reaaly isn't competitive. I chose to go there because of personal situations in my life and while a great experience the pay for me is not worth it. I was working in Specialty and my base salary was $30K less than Merck's Primary Care reps.Additionally the benefits were basic.

Pros

work life balance, overall atmosphere, Dm

Cons

pay, benefits, the feel of growing with a company. It's more just a job

Poor directives with the CTMs on this project.

CTM managers were out of order and very rude.The computer application was not programmed for the computer correctly. Impossible to maintain work life balance since the required applications were not accessible for 5 months.

Syneos Health insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Still a few good people left.

Horrendous IT/reporting process issues. Constant changes, lack of cohesiveness makes a PM life a nightmare. Recent structural changes led to best of PMs and PDs leave in droves. Sad to watch many of my colleagues leave, often after many years with the organization.

Pros

Still some good people left

Cons

Lack of coherent project management structure, lack of workable IT systems, reporting.

Excellent company with amazingly supportive leaders.

I work from home as a Talent Sourcing Specialist. Onboarding was extremely efficient and effective. I am completely new to the industry and am offered resources and major support from my leadership team. Every person I have interacted with thus far has been extremely kind, supportive and welcoming. The benefits are fantastic, though the medical monthly premiums are a tad high.

Pros

Work from home, unlimited PTO, extremely flexible schedule, great pay, supportive leaders and teammates, healthy work environment.

Cons

From a sourcing stand point, this is an extremely competitive market but we are an amazing CRO.

Okay place to work

Can be stressful and long hours. You need to be a self-sufficient person. Benefits are good. Lots of competing goals and objectives that often conflict with one another.

Pros

Remote/WFH

Cons

Not an encouraging work culture

The culture and leadership is a challenge

No more to say, get what you need when going in, it's very political in this culture advancement is given to some but not off skill set, it is based on time in the company verses skill set.

Good people, weak processes

There are too many systems which create extra work for employees. A lot of processes are still manual that could be automated. People are great but often overloaded. Workloads are not universally distributed.

Supportive and patient focused

Would recommend overall but company needs to provide alternative work schedules like 3 12 hour days or 4 10 hour days as well as more PTO. Culture is incredibly inclusive

Pros

Extremely supportive environment, excellent managers and leadership from the top all the way down, inclusive culture

Cons

Long work days with little flexibility, not enough PTO/sick days, must be available Mon-Friday 9 hour days.

Good pay, good intentions

Pay and flexibility is really good. The overall culture is 'we can do it' which is wonderful but also challenging to try to achieve in the middle of current pandemic and the subsequent resource challenges.

Pros

Work from home, supportive leaders, great pay

Cons

Meeting heavy culture makes it hard to accomplish enough during work day.

Focused on acquisitions and growth not people

Syneos aggressively acquires. On paper it looks great to have a growing market share. On the inside mergers happen and staff are forgotten about. The true merger of systems and processes is left to the last minute, with an obvious lack of planning and leadership and its a mess staff have to labour under. Attrition is rife. Lack of synchronicity between systems makes the job incredibly stressful. I’ve never had a job as bad as this, ‘workarounds’ demand so much personal time (unpaid overtime), because of poor system, comms and process management. No one has sight of the big picture and no one knows what the man / woman or department, to the left or right of them actually does. They don’t perfect their existing model, just a scale up the issue with another acquisition. Once your on the inside you realise how bad it really is.

Pros

I have a job

Cons

No work life balance, systems and processes don’t work, lack of cohesion, lack of career progress, lack of ownership and true leadership, only focused on recruiting staff in cheaper parts of the world, to keep costs low, total lack of equity for promotions

Decent company to work for

Company has improved over the years I've been here. Certain positions don't allow for further growth which might contribute to company exits. Hardest part of the job are the demanding clients.

Pros

Flexible work schedule

Cons

Client escalations

It’s contract sales so don’t expect too much

Good base salary and decent benefits. No loyalty to employees though. Management won’t defend or stick up for its reps if client company wants them gone. Company also allows client company to change terms of the contract so reps can’t work more than 3 years on a certain contract. A fair amount of the blame belongs to client company but Syneos just caves in to them. Also had 3 Syneos managers in less than a year and half, not exactly a sign of stability or consistency. And to really stick it to their employees, they mandate the Covid19 vaccine with very few medical or religious exceptions allowed or you will be fired. Didn’t read about being forced to take an injection in my job offer or hiring paperwork.

Pros

Good base salary

Cons

No loyalty to employees

Syneos needs to do a better job at retaining its quality employees

Syneos is a good company to work for. However, as someone who work in a management role, it lacks cohesiveness among its functional units, thus there is always conflict and lack of cooperation among the units to achieve the larger goal. They are very slow to promote hard working employees and their compensation package is lacking compare to other CROs

Pros

allows Remote work and gives the week of Christmas off

Cons

No work life balance. Functional units are often in conflict with one another

Instability , the price for size

Work overload!!!! Been with the company over 3 years. No longer fun working here . As a CRA in SH, you do many additional tasks for Project Specialist, TMF Lead, and even DM. Difficult to keep up with so many changes and instability . Work- life balance is non-existent. More and more systems that don’t make sense.

Pros

Benefits good

Cons

No work-life balance

Great management, easy and safe work environment, potential for devopment and growth is limited.

d effective in doing so. I have not found this to be true in other companies. My division really is focused on diversity and inclusivity. They strive to help you maintain work/life balance. The issue that is problematic is that there is really no room for growth. You will stay in your same role for several years. The way you are metered out training for processes and various aspects of your job role are so compartmentalized it feels stifling. So while I cannot complain about the people I work with, the reality is the culture is one of "you stay in your lane".

Pros

very easy-going, stress level is almost zero.

Cons

limited growth and autonomy

Flexible During Pandemic

Very helpful during the pandemic. Was able to switch to full time remote work. Managers care about your success. Plans are in motion to retain good talent.

Pros

Safe, secure job.

Cons

Clinical Research is inherently frustrating.

The company care for their employee

I've been in PRA for 2.5 years. Unlike other notorious CROs, Syneos care about work/life balance. They managed my time in a conservative way. If my manager think there would be a chance that I could get busier soon they won't give me more work even though I have nothing much to do. At other notorious CROs, I kept getting more works no matter what.

Pros

work/life balance

Cons

It is a CRO. You life can be pretty bad, depending on your client.

Supportive, positive environment

Syneos Health is by far the best employer I’ve ever had. Steep learning curve & you must be prepared to hit the ground running but with supportive management who genuinely want to help you learn and grow both professionally and personally.

Pros

Unlimited PTO, work-life balance

It's Okay

The flexibility is nice. The salaries are so far below the current market that people are constantly leaving and no one seems to address this blatant issue. Management doesn't want to hear it. Also, promotions are few and far between, especially once you reach management level. They seem to forget that valuing your employees is the foundation of a successful company.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Salary & Culture

Exposure to many different disease states.

Good place to work but realize it is contract. Some of the recruiters aren't very active in finding existing eployees interviews when their contract ends.

Great place to work, very flexible

I really do not have anything bad to say. This company is probably one of the best places I've worked in the past 25 years. Syneos is a pretty big company but the team I work with is awesome. I've gotten the support I need from my managers, work from home and I have the flexibility I need. As long as work is done and meetings and deadlines met there is no issues. Very happy here!

Pros

Flexibility, managers are great at training and teaching you how to succeed, coworkers awesome, pay and benefits are good, PTO is great.

Cons

Deadlines can be a little stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Syneos Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss