SYNERGY HomeCare Employee Reviews

Synergy
Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) (Current Employee) –  Clermont, NJApril 21, 2019
Synergy is a good employer. They do a good job of matching Certified Home Health Aides with clients in need within their realm. Synergy assigns more than one client when appropriate.
Rewarding job
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 17, 2019
This is the most rewarding job I have ever had. Not only is the pay great and full time is potentially offered, but this kind of work truly takes a special kind of heart. I have to say. I make my own schedule. I am able to balance work and my home equally and still makes ends meet. I do have an other source of income now,
and take online classes, althoughh I started with nothing and on unemployment. Synergy has definitely taken good care of me and my family. If you are in it for the money and the money only, this line of work may not be for you. I have made lots of connections w all different kinds of beautiful people. The reward for me is knowing my cleints are taken care of and happy. Hard work they say, yes it is.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Not bad
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAApril 14, 2019
A nice place to work but hours are not consistent, underpaid and no advancement. If you want to progress in the medical field this is not the place, no real medical work.
Pros
Flexible hours, management
Cons
Underpaid, little hours
good job
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Steilacoom, WAApril 10, 2019
good place to work always have a position open manager is very helpful and always finds somewhere for people to work he is very flexible with schedules staff help with rides if needed
Enjoyed working with the clients
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAApril 10, 2019
I worked for Synergy Homecare part-time while working another job and going to school. They were always very flexible with my schedule and limited availability. Doesn't pay much at all, but didn't require certification to be hired. Best part was being able to work with some of the clients and getting to know them.
Pros
getting to know the clients
Cons
Poor pay
Horrible management!!!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 10, 2019
This company promises you full time hours, but what you get is shifts all over both pdx & Vancouver. Only time you get travel compensation is if your next shift is within an hour of your last. You know your schedule the week prior and if a client cancels on you last minute you get to stay home without pay. You can only get benefits if you work 30hrs or more, but the never fill those shifts that are canceled. The communications are poor between management & clients & yourself. Basically they dont give you squat unless you bend over backwards. They're always firing people. They currently are barely keep their own jobs afloat with the high turn over rates. I'd be surprised if this company makes it another 5yrs. They all talk gossip at the office about caregivers and yet none of them work in the field unless they really have too. They cut corners in care to both you and their clients. Dont work here unless you need a quick job & little pay.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
No breaks, lunches or time to stretch your legs
what i learned
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 9, 2019
synergy is a wonderful place
great people loving caring enverment
always there when you need time off
pay is good
always having hours
never our of work
Loved this job, great place to work!
Nurse/Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 7, 2019
Left this job to care for my mother. This is a great place to work. I loved my job and helped the owner build it from ground till it is now. Work for him for 9 years. One of the best jobs I ever had.
Pros
Family owned
Cons
Non
Not What It Seems
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2019
The way the company depicts itself online is not what it is in real life. It states that the pay is competitive, but that isn't so when it comes to a LIVEABLE Wage, and you dare not ask for a raise, you won't get it-no matter how much you work.
They don't show you appreciation for your hard work, unless your a slave for them.
Pros
They work with you when it come to your schedule.
Cons
Not enough pay
Rewarding
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 3, 2019
Rewarding work assisting the elderly. Supervisors were available when questions were needed to be answered. Job was enjoyable, but the pay was too little for survival
Great Place to work/flexible
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 31, 2019
I really enjoy working with Synergy and all of the staff are kind and helpful. The founder/owner is a very nice guy and is very hands on with introducing you to new clients. You have great schedule flexibility because you can pick up single shifts or have opportunities for regular clients that you see weekly. Shifts range from 2-12 hours, so you work what best fits your lifestyle. I prefer to work longer shifts, so it can be difficult if shorter shifts are only available at times.
Pros
Great leadership and administrative staff
Cons
hours depend on client availability
Good company
CERTIFIED NURSES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALMarch 27, 2019
Great managers and owners. Good work schedule. Ability to make ur own schedule. Somewhat good pay. Great clients. Overall good company with ability to gain more.
Pros
Incentives, schedule
Cons
Overall fun place to work
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 27, 2019
Good mix of fast-paced and relaxed environment. Management is great, listens and checks in frequently. Flexible schedule, great clients, every day is different!
Pros
Ability to work both independently and with peers
Cons
Parking is limited
Na
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXMarch 22, 2019
Most TERRIBLE place EVER to work
Don't recommend Synergy in Allen a place to work
As long as you went out of your way to help them it was fine
But when you needed something management got very hateful toward you Very Unprofessional
Management VERY DISRESECTFUL and unwilling to answer anything you ask her
And has very Bad Attitude towards you and inconsiderate
Pros
Cons
Eerything
The most rewarding part of the job is taking care of the clients
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 21, 2019
The most rewarding of the job is taking care of the clients. The clients have a lifetime of stories to tell. They become like friends. It is a job that you can often have time to study.
Pros
can be worked easily around your schedule
Cons
sometimes it can be a little slow
Good Home Care Company
Companion/ Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Marmora, NJMarch 20, 2019
I liked working for this company and to be able to assist patients in their home and learn about their sickness and how they have a hard time dealing with what is wrong with them. But then turn to the person helping them and develop a friendship with them until they are too sick for further assistance at home.
Pros
Assisting the Sick
Cons
Having the strength to deal with the dying
Good place to work, great staff
PRN Assisted Living (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 18, 2019
Synergy is a good place to work, when your working more than 1 job it gives you the convenience of working various hours on your days off as long as you have to shifts a month. I recommend Synergy to anyone looking for a various shift work in CNA and PRN work.
Love this company and this line of work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTMarch 17, 2019
I move from SC to UT to take on a job as a director of operations. I was not aware that the company was on its way to closing. I worked for only a few months a the business closed. They brought me in the save a company but did not give me any time or tools to save them. It could have been done but the owner was out of time and money and patiences. Sad and Frustrating for me.
Incredible place to work
STNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHMarch 12, 2019
Love the freedom and flexibility of this job. The work is very meaningful . Office staff strives to place you with clients that fit your schedule and location where you want to work,
Pros
Can manage my own schedule/ work life
Cons
Can’t think of amy
Great place to work and flexible schedule
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAFebruary 28, 2019
Assignments of where to assist elderly would be text on a daily basis. Would meet up at office to discuss and address would be given. Would meet clients at their home and assist them with eating , bathing, cooking, companionship and any daily task requested. Love to help elderly.
Pros
Flexible Schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SYNERGY HomeCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight