SYNERGY HomeCare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
If you show that you want to work you have hours
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 11, 2018
Show up and show them u want to work you will have a lot of hours. They are very flexible with caregivers and the patients that I have so far are really nice and polite
Cons
No benefit, no paid time off
Repetition of duties
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 9, 2018
A caregiver's duties take a toll on one's life outside of this job. Working 6 days a week, its helpful to have 1 day off. I have been asked to work on my only day off several times since starting 17 months ago. This has caused me a lot of stress.
Friendly clients/office staff
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 8, 2018
The clients are great with a few exceptions. If for any reason there is a conflict with a client that you are providing care for the office manager is really great about moving you to another client in a timely manner. I like this company because they don't over work you and appreciate all the hard work you do for your clients. The office staff are really good about sending you to a client that is near your home.
Pros
Paid lunch, not running all over the county to different clients, benefits, shifts are at least 4hrs or more.
Waste of time at this location
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCAugust 4, 2018
The Raleigh office is under a new owner. They can never keep a receptionist and have never properly introduced themselves to staff and clients. Ever since they’ve taken over things have been very unprofessional, unorganized, don’t seem to care about their employees..... new management isn’t paying the employees for their work. They want you to do the work for free and when you call about getting paid they ignore your calls. They don’t meet with clients to do assessments and don’t check up on the clients to make sure that they are satisfied with their services. They don’t pay for errands ran with clients and you can forget a pay raise.
Pros
Cons
No pay check, unorganized, high turnover with office staff, management sucks
Great Place to Work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCAugust 3, 2018
Synergey homecare was one of the best places I had worked as a CNA. they really worked with my schedule and i always had good cases. If I ever needed any thing I was not afraid to ask.
Cna/hha
CNA/HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 2, 2018
Work and home balance is great. You determine the jobs you take. Management very friendly and understanding of family situations.
Orientation is very thorough and not boring.
Pros
flexible hours
A place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 31, 2018
can be a great place to work, but it can sometimes be a lot if work for what you are being paid. Management is all over the place, and can be so unorganized, but over all it can be a good place to work if you need the flexibility to build your own schedule.
Growth experience as a person
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2018
As a person it was an experience of growth that has helped me in my training as a professional in the field of health. Time as caregiver gave me the opportunity to learn to value life more and to empathize with the needy.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Salary
Good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLJuly 29, 2018
This is a very good company to work for, The office staff is AMAZING. However this company doesn't keep many clients, therefore they employee are sometimes left unemployed.
In-Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 28, 2018
So much to do to keep yourself occupied to get the work done, Fun place to work if you like traveling. Lot to gain some knowledge along with fun at same time.
Great office support, wonderful place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAJuly 27, 2018
I've worked out of the Olympia WA office door nearly 4 years now as a caregiver while getting State residency and finishing school. The office team has been supportive of my educational experience, family emergencies, and my professional development. As with all employers there have been some minimal bumps on occasion, but management is committed to helping resolve concerns. Management knows their employees and regularly ask follow up questions about how different family members are doing. I have been paid very well for a CNA caregiver.
Flexible hours, good management
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 27, 2018
Nice place to work, pay not that good but always had work. Management was very good, respectful and appreciative. It's a good job for in between jobs or extra work on the side.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low compensation
love the patients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2018
love the patients, but the management was really hard to get intouch with when you need to talk to someone, just felt like the workers wasn't appericated enough
workplace culture
In-Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJuly 24, 2018
I love working with people. Caring is natural in me. Management is kinda supportive but the pay is not competitive. Compensation and benefits should be more as if the work is stressful driving from one client to another in a short period. But for me I love the clients/patients. I love the feeling of being appreciated by people whose in need.
Pros
caring for in need individuals
Cons
pay
Flexible work hours
Home Health Care Aide - Temp (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 24, 2018
Decent part time job. Very low compensation. Office staff not very respectful. Overall, an okay part time opportunity. It is a great job for people who care about others and like to help and encourage clients. There isn't much opportunity for advancement. The office staff may at times disregard your personal life and can call you last minute to pick up a job/client. If you say you cannot just drop whatever you are doing and pick up that last minute shift, it may not be a good look. Office staff can be distasteful when speaking to you and somewhat belittling. However, of course there are some staff members whom are very respectful, and kind.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Low pay
Amazing Employer
CNA-Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTJuly 20, 2018
Synergy HomeCareof Greater Bristol, is an amazing company to work for. You are able to build relationships with your management team and more importantly your clientele.
Synergy was a great company to work and I was very thankful to have been a part of that team.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAJuly 20, 2018
Synergy Home Health was a great place to work for and I really enjoyed my position there, but when it was bought by a corporate company it really changed the office & me & my team. It was sad to leave, but it was time.
Pros
Loved my workers & my administrator.
Cons
You became a number not a real person.
I had a good trainer but HR was awful
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 20, 2018
Imagine if you will, filling out over 20 pages of information at least three of which pertaining to scheduling religious observance and basic common sense work-life balance needs. Now imagine, that you get pigeon-holed and guilt-tripped with the looming threat that some poor elderly person may die because you don't accept a shift that violates your constitutionally-protected right to religion. Further, when you bring it up you are intimidated belittled and threatened by HR- who wouldn't leave that work environment?
Pros
Nothing comes to mind
Cons
You better have nothing scheduled in your life if you want this job.
Worst Management/Owner
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 18, 2018
They were not a company that looked out for their employees or their clients well-being. Safety should be the number one priority and NOT just filling "broadcasts".
Meaningful Work
CEO/PRESIDENT (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 17, 2018
Our Mission drives our actions and the work is meaningful. We devote ourselves to our clients and strive to understand their needs and deliver a comprehensive care plan that satisfies both them and their families.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SYNERGY HomeCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight