SYNERTX Employee Reviews

It's overall a good company to work for
Occupational Therapist in Home Health and SNF (Current Employee) –  Miles City, MTOctober 8, 2018
My experience working for Synertx has been positive. My schedule is flexible and the pay is fairly good. I would recommend Synertx as a good place to work.
October 15, 2018

Very glad you had a positive experience with SYNERTX. Your help in Miles City, MT was much appreciated! Many thanks!

Great Salary in Remote Location
Lead Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Colby, KSMarch 21, 2018
I was paid over 100k per year to work in an area that was very remote. I enjoyed flexible hours and could adjust my time to work and done each day based on patient needs. I was salaried and when work increased I was required to fit it in. I put on a lot of mile on my personal vehicle covering 10+ rural counties for home health including 3 skilled nursing facilities.
Pros
High Salary
July 16, 2018

Thank you for all you did in rural Kansas! Making sure patients in rural America get the therapy they need is part of our mission statement, and it's only thanks to hard-working and dedicated therapists like yourself that we can make that happen. Truly, thank you!

Synertx rehab
Rehabilitation Coordinator & PTA (Current Employee) –  Portales, NMJune 10, 2018
Good place to work, just don't forget to negotiate when signing your contract (like with all companies)! I loved being a rehabilitation coordinator! I would definitely recommend.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Big company
July 16, 2018

We're very glad you had a good experience with us! Rehab Coordinators are the glue that holds our rehab programs together, and we couldn't do it without you. Thank you!

Clean place to work with fun staff members
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Robbinsdale, MNApril 18, 2018
I worked on a casual basis for Synertx, but enjoyed being able to work when I wanted & the hours I wanted. They provided great flexibility and fair pay.
July 16, 2018

PRN therapists like yourself are what ensures our primary staff are able to take the time off they need and deserve, and our residents get the coverage they need even on the weekends. We appreciate you and your flexibility!

Great work environment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2018
As a part-time employee, this was a perfect introduction to a typical office setting for me. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed my time there.
July 16, 2018

So glad you enjoyed your time at corporate! We hope to work with you again in the future!

Good Staff
COTA/L PRN (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 12, 2018
Was easy to work with management, and staffing. I have worked Full time and PRN with this company and will continue to work with them depending on if they have facilities where I live.
March 8, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We're so glad to continue working with you!

I was able to build a solid team to provide services to SNF patients
Rehab Director/Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZSeptember 26, 2017
the hardest part of the job was dealing with the productivity expectations. Corporate headquarters was always there with support when needed. Difficult location to staff
March 8, 2018

Difficult to staff locations are our bread and butter - but that doesn't make them any less challenging!! Thank you for all you've done. We appreciate you.

Small Facility and not enough to work with in gym
COTA-PRN (home health) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85021September 13, 2017
I worked at a very small facility that didn't have a good gym set up. A very small team of co-workers so I worked alone most of the time. Good company with good incentives.
Pros
Good incentives and open training
Cons
Worked alone most of the time
March 8, 2018

As a contract rehab provider, we partner with facilities to provide therapy to their patients or residents. We can't control the space our therapists work in, or the number of patients to treat, and have learned to make the best of it! Thank you for everything you've done.

Organized workplace, flexible work schedule
Contract Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2016
Quality EMS system, competent, friendly and helpful support staff and coworkers. A typical day would involve assimilating patient information in order to perform PT evaluations, treatments and care plans. Patient, family and staff education performed, discharge planning and all supporting documentation and physician communication as needed completed.
March 8, 2018

So glad you're enjoying working with us! We appreciate all you do!!

Few hours, 90-95% productivity, meaningless notes, manager in another state
Physical Therapy (Former Employee) –  KalispellNovember 15, 2014
Expect 1-4 hours work, possibly per week or a few times a week, at 90-95% productivity. Expect to be called in for work by someone in Arizona. A local coordinator is overworked. If you are under 90%, expect robotic emails stating their requirement of 90+% productivity. Pt notes are meaningless and done with the patient. Look elsewhere unless desperate.
Pros
Wonderful patients. Position would suit a volunteer.
Cons
few hours, 90-95% productivity, manager in another state, nothingness notes
September 20, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate everything our PRN therapists do for us, including stepping in when caseloads are high or when our primary staff is out on vacation or ill. It’s hard to predict how often we can book our PRN staff, but are grateful for every minute they work! Our productivity expectation is 85% for PTs, which is among the most reasonable in the industry. We hope to work with you again in the future!

An Honest Company
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2015
SYNERTX is a large company with a small business feel. After 10 years of home health nursing, I wanted to pursue a different avenue of health care. I found SYNERTX and could not be happier. SYNERTX offers not only job security but also a personalized dedication to each employees success and growth. They offer benefits as well as a flexible form of PTO called Choice Time.
Pros
Kind and supportive management, laid back office with a fast paced feel
Cons
None.
September 20, 2016

Thank you for your feedback; we are so happy to hear you are enjoying working with us!

Inconsistent Staffing
therapist (Current Employee) –  new hampshireMarch 22, 2013
Love working with the facilities but after having a consistent schedule for 2 and a 1/2 years and covering on weekends as needed for others they just stopped calling and gave my regular hours to another part time person. Now they only call when they can't find someone - went from 4 to 5 hours a week to nothing for several months. Now that they need help as others have left they are calling again. In the time I have been with them, they have changed coordinators/contacts so many times I can't keep up. So, if you want consistency and loyalty, this would not be the company you want to join. They pay well and the computer system is pretty easy to understand once you are trained.
Pros
pay and computer documentation system
Cons
lack of loyalty
August 30, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. The coverage provided by our PRN staff is invaluable, and we thank you for all your help!

good compensation
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHJune 11, 2012
Organization and structure is difficult to become acclimated to as a per diem person; however, once acclimated to this facility, there are knowledgeable and caring coworkers who work alongside you and are very helpful. The most enjoyable part is going to work and doing the job in a setting with knowledgeable people. The most difficult part is the nursing home setting/feel as a whole and as a general culture.
August 17, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. As you know, caseloads in the skilled nursing setting fluctuate constantly so we rely on PRN therapists like you for invaluable support to our Full-Time staff. We thank you for all that you do to support our staff and patients!

No Advancement Opportunities
Scheduling Coordinator / Client Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2014
Upon interviewing, I was told there was plenty of room for advancement and that they appreciated someone able to balance person life with work. Once I worked there, I quickly learned that neither of these two things applied. Not only is the company completely family run, thus offering only family members room to climb the corporate latter, but as a remote scheduler, you are expected to be working from am until 10 pm 7 days a week. The pay sounded great at first, but this being the expectations, was completely unreasonable. Lastly, there was no sense of community in the workplace. Employees and managers alike, didn't recognize each-other in the office or outside of it. Absolutely no feeling of being part of a Team.
August 30, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I agree that working in a 365 days-a-year industry like healthcare is difficult, and requires some of our employees to be on call outside of office hours. Thank you for all the hard work you did!

Learned many new skills, great team spirit.
Staffing Coordinator/ Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2012
Good compensation, long hours on call 24/7. No room for advancement as it is totally family managed. Insurance was not very affordable, but other benefits were fine. This was a great learning experience and I am grateful for the experience.
Pros
good compensation, good team enviroment.
Cons
on call 24/7, no chance of any kind of advancement.
August 17, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your compensation and benefits! I agree that working in a 365 days-a-year industry like healthcare is difficult, and requires some of our employees to be on call outside of office hours. Thank you for all the hard work you did!

Nice place to work, celebrated our Birthdays monthly, and bought us lunch when we reached our goals for the week.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ.August 11, 2013
Day consisted primarily of coming in, and spending the rest of the day mostly on the phone making home and facility calls. I enjoyed having my own desk and computer that I never had to share with anyone else. The co-workers were great, management was good.
August 30, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope to work with you again in the future!

Sometimes the grass is greener. . . .
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 22, 2013
I have worked PRN for this company in Phx and have enjoyed the change from my full time position, the productivity is reasonable, the therapist are always helpful. I get the feeling this company actually cares ( at least a lot more than the rest ) compared to some greedy therapy companies that only care about rug levels and money.
August 30, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourself on putting the needs of our patients before financial results, which is why so many therapists say working for SYNERTX is like a breath of fresh air!

Specializing in small contracts
PTA-rehab manager (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MANovember 17, 2016
Synertx specializes in small contracts that would otherwise not be serviced. There is no onsite management and due to such small caseload most therapist are working per diem so rarely is there more than 1 therapist at the same time.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No support staff
July 16, 2018

Our mission statement states that we service those facilities that other companies can't or won't. We believe that even the residents in small programs deserve therapy. So we have developed a corporate structure to help manage these small programs remotely if needed, coordinating closely with all clinicians to ensure their clinical decisions drive the program, while taking on all the burdensome tasks of management onto our shoulders. We couldn't do it without flexible therapists like yourself, and we thank you for your help!

Typical contract corporation for Skilled Therapy.
PTA (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMSeptember 2, 2015
My immediate PT supervisor is outstanding. Great communication between therapy staff on progress of patients to better prepare for discharge from therapy.
Pros
Rehab team realistic with expectations.
Cons
Constant counting minutes of therapy provided.
September 20, 2016

Thank you for your feedback; we are so happy to hear you have enjoyed working with your team! The regulatory and reimbursement environment under which the long term care industry operates can be onerous, but we pride ourselves on putting the needs of our patients before financial results, which is why so many therapists say working for SYNERTX is like a breath of fresh air!

So few hours that it is hardly worth the bother of showing up.
pt (Former Employee) –  montanaJanuary 17, 2013
Definitely not ever going to be full time but rather 2-3 hours per day. Not worth the time to show up. One would be better off working a full time job in another field than to work here.
Pros
little paper work
Cons
little work and little pay
August 17, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. Working in long term care, caseloads can sometimes fluctuate wildly - it’s one of the hardest things we have to manage! We’re sorry this industry wasn’t the right fit for you and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SYNERTX. Our community is ready to answer.