Syngenta Employee Reviews

NOt a great compay to work for
Specialist, Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 5, 2018
I would not recommend this company as a good company to work. I was there for 16 years working my way up the corporate ladder only to be passed by a colleague that was less qualified for a position that I applied for. I guess it pays to have friends that can get you a job not deserved.
Pros
Na
Cons
everything
Not a very positive place
Maintenance Planner/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 20, 2018
I worked for Syngenta over 10 years ago, so this might not be very accurate. The plant where I worked, employed about 250 people, with some very strong personalities throughout the hierarchy. I didn't enjoy my time there.
Pros
Interesting processes
Cons
Advancement unlikely unless you're an engineer.
Agriculture at its best
Technical Expert 4, Global R&D (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 20, 2018
Advanced technologies preparing the humanity for the next green revolution. Strong ethics and regulatory prowess in GMO applications. Strong traditional selection.
na
Logistics Analyst/ AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 19, 2018
Great atmosphere, offered lots of amenities, professional, cares about there employees well being, pays well, and encourages employees to take full advantage of everything they have to offer.
Pros
Cons
t was a contracted job
Positive work environment
Greenhouse/DL Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Junction City, KSJuly 4, 2018
This company allowed me to grow and taught me many new skills. They offer so many opportunities to go back to school to finish and help pay for it. They provided us with so many advancement opportunities.
Pros
Training
Great benefits, limited opportunity to advance
Supply Chain Technician III (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJuly 2, 2018
Company goals were constantly changing. Management always rearranged. Getting any changes in processes felt like it took at least three committees with still no decision. There was little to no room for advancement. Workplace culture was suitable. Had great co-workers. Many people are doing the work of 3 due to so many people leaving or being laid off. Very insecure feeling for job security. The benefits were great!
Benefits
Cons
No opportunities for advancement
It's ok
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJune 27, 2018
We are a business that helps humanity face its toughest challenge: how to feed a rising population, sustainably. Our world class science and innovative crop solutions transform how crops are grown to enable millions of growers to make better use of available resources.
Good company with strong values
Asset Planning Manager (Manager I) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
Good company with strong values that cares about its employees. They want to help you succeed and grow in your career. Their individual plants are not always reliable, so it makes the job challenging, though.
Great place to work at.
SEED SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Bay, AR 72411June 4, 2018
Great place to work especially if you like being outside. The management cares about you and your family. Syngenta Seeds is a great place to be employed.
Pros
Great atmosphere.
Cons
No cons
productive with opportunities to learn
Technical Expert - Human Risk Assessment (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 30, 2018
Worked in a productive environment interacting with colleagues in different groups. There were opportunities for advancement and to learn new things. Very professional.
Pros
New opportunities, collaboration
Cons
Commute
Relaxed place to work
Operator I (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 29, 2018
Hard place to get fired from. Seen several coworkers make major mistakes but never get reprimanded. It was a place that if you did the work no one said a word.
Pros
laid back
Cons
hours
Overall, a very good place to work
Asset Management System Manager (Current Employee) –  Bay, ARMay 12, 2018
Generally good people to work with and good management. Opportunities are limited unless willing to relocate. Compensation is slightly below industry standard but still good for a rural area.
Pros
people, compensation
Cons
currently in the middle of changes from new mgmt
Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Scientist (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 24, 2018
Friendly team to work with, kind and understanding supervisors are the norm here. Work hard and get rewarded is the law of the land. Having an espresso machine in the cafe was a nice touch.
Excellent company
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDApril 16, 2018
The management team and co-workers were awesome to work with. This was a very relaxed environment but at a steady pace. Room for advancement if you had a degree.
PMO Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 16, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Syngenta. They have a beautiful new building in Durham . A great culture and a very interesting place to work. Unfortunately my time was temporary as this was a contracting position.
Fun workplace
Field Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, IAApril 12, 2018
A typical day was laid back and easy going. I learned nore about how to work in a group setting. Management was nice and the end of the season she bought ice cream. Workplace was chill and there was good energy.
Not a good place to work for as a receptionist
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  not applicableApril 11, 2018
learned nothing, boring job, but made the best of it. There was never any room for advancement if you only carry a HS diploma. They never hire receptionist as full time employees, only a a contractor.
Muy buen ambiente de trabajo, mucho compañerismo
Obrero agricola (Current Employee) –  Juana Díaz, PRApril 9, 2018
Es excelente empresa, he aprendido mucho mas de la agricultura. No me quejo de la empresa no tengo nada negativo que decir.
Pros
Tienes Derecho a todo
Excelente
BDA Support (Current Employee) –  I+DApril 9, 2018
Han generado un ambiente cómodo de trabajo y ha permitido conciliar estudios y trabajo.
Great Place to Work!
Production & Supply Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 29, 2018
Co-workers were great, and the atmosphere was fairly stress-free.When I was there, many positions were transferring to Uruguay, so I got to meet some awesome people. I worked to teach them my duties and they picked up very quickly.