Syngenta Employee Reviews

Staff is extremely strict and rude. The days go by extremely slow. I've never felt more insignificant in a job before in my life. Worst possible job i
Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LADecember 7, 2018
The warehouse is not climate controlled so in order to have a cool / warm place to go they provide it in the break rooms. They have some vending machines with drinks and snacks.
Pros
ok benefits
Cons
Everything else
In 7 years, job responsibilities moved every 12-14 months which isn't bad for professional growth, but it felt like putting out fires all of the time.
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 28, 2018
Reg R&D Admin Operations Lead/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 23, 2018
A fun and progressive work environment. If you are fortunate enough to work for a good manager, opportunities will come your way, if you work for a bad manager, no career progression will be made,
Pros
Good Work Environment
Cons
Watch out for bad managers
Fun n relaxing to work at syngenta
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CANovember 13, 2018
I really enjoyed the time I was at syngenta seeds..all those years..I really reccomend people to work for these companies..they really take care of you working for them.
Pros
Gift card's..raffles every holiday's
Cons
Good health care for the people there
friendly co workers
Packaging Tech/Minibulk Filler (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 9, 2018
i loved this job so much! i always had fun. only thing is, if you want to have a functioning life don't do the overnights! i works 7pm to 7am. and literally never had time to do anything, i would work about 64 hours a week during busy season. but the pay is well worth it !!
Pros
pay is great
Cons
long shifts.
excellent
Global HR Restructuring Programme Lead (Current Employee) –  SwitzerlandOctober 19, 2018
these are not appropriate questions i am very sorry but i am not going to answer this. it is irrelevant to finding a role. I was a contractor and there is no reason for me to report on them.
Okay
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 5, 2018
Some people are great to work with others are quite out for themselves I believe this to be the case in most corporate positions.

I worked with some really great people.
Pros
Some Good People
Great Scientists and Interesting Work but Frequent Reorganizations
Computational (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 4, 2018
Syngenta has many dedicated scientists doing interesting research in a collaborative culture. There are frequent reorganizations within the company accompanied by large swings in strategy. This creates a lot of disruption and can make it a challenging place to work.
Pros
Nice new building in RTP
Cons
Frequent reorganizations and changes in strategy.
Good, but wants to be great!
North American Head, Commercial Operations (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 4, 2018
Syngenta was a spin off from a huge multi national and struggled for a while to find its identity. However they are really coming into their own and and have created a nice work culture for employees and share holders.
Pros
Great products and markets with a very good developing company
Cons
Management overthinking.
Productive work place
Corn Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Stanton, MNSeptember 21, 2018
At the time when I worked for syngenta it was nice for me because I was in highschool still and I was able to make my own money during the summer. It was only a seasonal job.
Pros
Worked with great people
Cons
It was only seasonal
Way too many levels of management
Data Scientist, Statistics (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 20, 2018
The layers of management make the decision extremely slow and poorly executed. The work experience highly depends on the team you land on. Some managers are micromanaging, and others may not care at all as long as you are not abusing the flexibility and have your tasks delivered in time.
Pros
Allow some level of flexibility on working hours and occasionally WFH.
Cons
Acquired by ChemChina but no clear strategy implemented, Struggling retaining people with great skills.
Excellent Company to work with
North America Product Manager, Vegetable Seeds (Current Employee) –  Coastal CaliforniaSeptember 14, 2018
Excellent Company to work with great opportunities for career advancement within multiple areas of agribusiness. Jobs range from remote with ample mobility within diverse geographies to specific geography based such as plant scientists and operations management.
Great place to work but changed recently
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCSeptember 2, 2018
Once Syngenta was purchased by the Chinese Government things at Syngenta changed significantly. There was a lot of secret meetings and constant pressure to reduce spending. There was lots of posturing, people working together as teams but not as a company. There was a lot of back stabbing and trying to find a way to survive.

This is a shame because it was Great place to work before this.
Pros
culture, atmosphere, business people
Cons
back stabbing, clicks, lack of opportunity, certain people were treated differently
easy work good people
Corn Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNAugust 28, 2018
the people you meet are kids like you there the pay is good and the work is easy. the only problem is the management for the corn detasseler's because they were rude and disrespectful to lots of workers and acted differently with other workers
Pros
easy work good pay
Cons
bosses are rude
Tripper cart Operator/ Dryer operator (Former Employee) –  King City, CAAugust 27, 2018
This was a very fast pace company but they treated there employees and temp agencies employees very well. And they were very open with schedules because I've came across employees that were also enrolled in college
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No fans in Dryer warehouse
Love Syngenta
Production Seed Tech (Former Employee) –  Slater, IAAugust 24, 2018
I really enjoyed working with the folks at Syngenta. They were from a variety of cultures, and everyone was treated equally and with respect. The work was not difficult, but it did require attention to detail. They took the necessary time to teach everyone what they needed to know, answer questions, and were very patient. They also were careful to follow necessary safety guidelines, and had practice fire drills and tornado warning drills. All in all a great place to work.
Pros
Training, safety, diversity
Cons
Some cursing among staff
NOt a great compay to work for
Specialist, Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 5, 2018
I would not recommend this company as a good company to work. I was there for 16 years working my way up the corporate ladder only to be passed by a colleague that was less qualified for a position that I applied for. I guess it pays to have friends that can get you a job not deserved.
Pros
Na
Cons
everything
Energizing place to work with wonderful people
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wayzata, MNJuly 31, 2018
Challenging and fun environment. Great management and leadership. An organization that cares about it's employees and employee engagement. Opportunity for growth.
Not a very positive place
Maintenance Planner/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 20, 2018
I worked for Syngenta over 10 years ago, so this might not be very accurate. The plant where I worked, employed about 250 people, with some very strong personalities throughout the hierarchy. I didn't enjoy my time there.
Pros
Interesting processes
Cons
Advancement unlikely unless you're an engineer.
Agriculture at its best
Technical Expert 4, Global R&D (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 20, 2018
Advanced technologies preparing the humanity for the next green revolution. Strong ethics and regulatory prowess in GMO applications. Strong traditional selection.