Syngenta Employee Reviews

Syngenta is better agri company in India.
Farm Manager (Current Employee) –  Indore, WVMarch 11, 2019
Should be simple process planning. Because farmer is not aware to about this company product. Identify of new Indian rural market for new agri product.
Great Colleagues, Management Needs Improvement
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Phillips, NEMarch 10, 2019
The people I worked with made the days enjoyable. However, the people I worked for had the opposite effect on me. This is just particular to my location, so the overall outlook on the company seems bright by what I hear and see. Work/life balance preached during busy seasons but there is no life outside of work during certain months.
As mentioned earlier, the people I worked side-by-side helped the days go by. There is a diverse team with my location in terms of backgrounds (former felons, addicts, people with high school degrees, undergraduate degrees, master's degrees) an ethnicities (white/Caucasian, Hispanic/Latino, African). For the most part, everyone seems to get along with one another.
Employees tend to lack engagement with their roles. One thing is said and done in front of senior leaders while another is actually carried out once left to oneself. Quality comes second to safety at our location. I believe safety is strongly emphasized. Quality takes a back seat to a numbers driven, seemingly arbitrary goal that is set without consulting workers or conditions. Following a written procedure or document exactly as it is supposed to be done would not allow people to hit targets. Very much a 'cover your own rear' environment.
*disclosure: I have been trying to leave/advance after my first 6 months but cannot due to a 2 year location requirement*
Pros
Health Benefits, 401(k), Apparel
Cons
Management Culture
Great Workplace
Corporate Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 31, 2019
Great workplace and with great flexibility. Really enjoy the time I work there as a contractor. For the most part was treated and was included in events held for their permanent employees.
Pros
Cafeteria onsite
Relaxed place to work, but you have to be pretty detail-oriented.
Temp., Seasonal clerical (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAJanuary 20, 2019
Pretty cool place to work. I didn't work in the field, but heard that can be pretty rough. You have to be very detail-oriented when placing the seed in the planting trays.
Pros
Layed back atmosphere.
Cons
Lots of standing and bending over.
Horrible Leadership
Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2019
People in leadership positions that are incompetent. Owned by the Chinese. Local plant operations management is horrible. Plant is old and never enough money to repair/replace broken equipment.
Pros
9/80 schedule
Cons
Management from Switzerland
Not the best management
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Stanton, MNJanuary 9, 2019
Company reorganizes every year and continues to drop market share. Some departments are great but it depends on the supervisor. Some think smiling at work means not working.
Poor Management support
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJanuary 3, 2019
Working at Syngenta was a great experience, but had problems due to poor management. Management would not fully support employee training and growth.
Great job
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, NEDecember 28, 2018
I was paid a very reasonable hourly wage. I walked away from this job because I didn't enjoy the shift changes after harvest. Mentally I couldn't take the night shift. Both of those are my issues, and has nothing to do with the company. I also thought that my manager was a tool. Which is probably my issue also. But he was a tool.
good
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 15, 2018
Good

work with people of diverse backgrounds. no one judges you or maybe they do but you wouldnt notice it or maybe you would. I dont know. i just know that it is a nice place to work and have a career
Field Work
Field worker (Former Employee) –  Goehner, NEDecember 11, 2018
I loved it! It was my first job at the age of 13. Working in the corn fields pollinating. I recommend for all first year workers trying something new.
work
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Slater, IADecember 10, 2018
I learned a lot about research and how to work on equipment. The days were always busy and the hardest part is being in the sun all day. I really enjoyed it as a job.
Pros
knowledge, can lead to a possible future there
Cons
chemicals, just an internship
Staff is extremely strict and rude. The days go by extremely slow. I've never felt more insignificant in a job before in my life. Worst possible job i
Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LADecember 7, 2018
The warehouse is not climate controlled so in order to have a cool / warm place to go they provide it in the break rooms. They have some vending machines with drinks and snacks.
Pros
ok benefits
Cons
Everything else
Short- Term Contract
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 4, 2018
It was a good place to work for as a contractor Recruiter looking to gain experience recruiting on a global scale. The flexible work schedule and the option to WFH when needed was great.
In 7 years, job responsibilities moved every 12-14 months which isn't bad for professional growth, but it felt like putting out fires all of the time.
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 28, 2018
Reg R&D Admin Operations Lead/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 23, 2018
A fun and progressive work environment. If you are fortunate enough to work for a good manager, opportunities will come your way, if you work for a bad manager, no career progression will be made,
Pros
Good Work Environment
Cons
Watch out for bad managers
Fun n relaxing to work at syngenta
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CANovember 13, 2018
I really enjoyed the time I was at syngenta seeds..all those years..I really reccomend people to work for these companies..they really take care of you working for them.
Pros
Gift card's..raffles every holiday's
Cons
Good health care for the people there
friendly co workers
Packaging Tech/Minibulk Filler (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 9, 2018
i loved this job so much! i always had fun. only thing is, if you want to have a functioning life don't do the overnights! i works 7pm to 7am. and literally never had time to do anything, i would work about 64 hours a week during busy season. but the pay is well worth it !!
Pros
pay is great
Cons
long shifts.
excellent
Global HR Restructuring Programme Lead (Current Employee) –  SwitzerlandOctober 19, 2018
these are not appropriate questions i am very sorry but i am not going to answer this. it is irrelevant to finding a role. I was a contractor and there is no reason for me to report on them.
Okay
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 5, 2018
Some people are great to work with others are quite out for themselves I believe this to be the case in most corporate positions.

I worked with some really great people.
Pros
Some Good People
Great Scientists and Interesting Work but Frequent Reorganizations
Computational (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 4, 2018
Syngenta has many dedicated scientists doing interesting research in a collaborative culture. There are frequent reorganizations within the company accompanied by large swings in strategy. This creates a lot of disruption and can make it a challenging place to work.
Pros
Nice new building in RTP
Cons
Frequent reorganizations and changes in strategy.