Synopsys Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Acquired professional skills
Sr. corporate Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 26, 2018
Acquired knowledge and experience in automation tools to verify the ASIC design. I enjoyed my job at Synopsys because I knew clearly the tasks assigned to me. I enjoyed working with a friends and professional team. The culture at Synopsys balanced work and family. The hardest part of the job was when debugging a new testcase which was written according to the new spec.
good company
SENIOR R&D ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 11, 2018
It is a good company to work for. Although in my office I have to pay anything except for capsule coffee, and there is no any gym in the office building.
No longer in business, but it was a good company
Snr. Sales Dev.and Renewal Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 23, 2018
This place is where I started my career and it was truly a great place to work at. Management was great and owners knew everyone's name. Unfortunately they were acquired, which is why I left.
Good technology, run by engineers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 19, 2018
Synopsys has good technology but the company is run by engineers who don't always have the right capabilities for, understanding of, non-engineering roles.
Stressful, Great team, Management now in question
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 17, 2018
It was great until the layoff. They decided to cut some real talent and I don't know how they are going to replace it. Not very secure anymore I am told.
Synopsys is a well balanced company
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2018
The company has an excellent culture with many talented people to keep you moving forward in your career. The large set of technologies that the company owns allows for a lot of cross learning.
Great company, great culture
Senior Staff Technical Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 31, 2018
The best EDA company to work for. Synopsys has a large number of very talented employees and it all starts with the CEO and integrity. That is why the company has been so successful.
Great and safe company
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 2, 2018
Company is the leader in the EDA field. Lots of mentorship, not much room for growth, but great job security and relaxed time vacation days. Would recommend.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 26, 2018
It was a great place to work and learn. Excellent opportunities provided for anyone who wants to take initiative and improve over all client experience.
Working at Synopsys
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 26, 2018
Working for a large company was new for me and that it in it self had its own challenges. They do not offer the benefits as other Silicon Valley companies as they are still very old school. They do offer a lunch room and coffee and tea, but that's it.
v good
Universe Designer, Web Intelligence (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 13, 2018
• Creation of reports & dashboards in Tableau for OLTP & OLAP sources
• Published Workbooks by creating user filters so that only appropriate teams can view it
Great company overall
Acct (Current Employee) –  Mtn ViewFebruary 9, 2018
This is a great company to work for. People stay there which can be a problem in getting promoted since there's not much movement in certain departments.
Smart and reasonable managers
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  TaiwanJanuary 27, 2018
The managers here are very smart an reasonable. They are smart at leading and comunicating. They are open for questions and provides good answer/feedback.
goog compny
Sales Coordinator/Customer Master (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 12, 2018
It's a public IPO and EDA world largest company, there is a lot the company policies to follow and it is not so efficient as a smaller company. Everyone one is doing their own business, no communication with other...
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
good benefits
Most innovative company within EDA
Sr Corporate Application Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 10, 2017
Synopsys is a mature company with strong leadership at the top. One should be able to handle pressure coming from internally (R&D, Sales, Field Engineers) and customer. It can be very challenging to balance work and life at occasion. Overall it is a very stable company with strong product portfolio and they are number EDA company. Lately management is doing multiple acquisition related to software security to diversify and those huge investments are paying of now.
Pros
stable company, great team members
Cons
work life balance, customer pressure
Fast paced and a bit of world-wide travel
Sr. Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 20, 2017
Product management here comprised mostly of marketing management, pre-sales support, and customer support. It didn't help to have a hyperactive manager who only slept three hours per night. But if you were able to find your own pace, then you have a superior product in a large market with a minimum of competitors.
Great place with work and learning balance
Intern-Technical Engineering (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 14, 2017
Synopsys was my first internship. I had learnt to use various verification tools and also learnt the proper methodologies followed when coding RTL design. Also, I had learnt how to debug the RTL on the FPGA prototype of Synopsys. I had also used Formal tools to perform formal property verification as well as coverage analysis.
Typical, not much fun place to work, just a job
Staff CAE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 5, 2017
Support with R&D, Customers, Application Consultant, Technical Publication team, as product specialist.
Working remotely, there is not much interaction with people.
All forms of communication is through network, either email/phone or messaging.
I find the work was balanced and enjoyable. People are very professional and knowledgeable.
Hardest part is not to meet enough people daily when working remotely.
Pros
Flexible working time/task
Cons
Find remote working is not beneficial to build the relationship and knowledge
Okay place to work, based on my position there.
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mount View, WINovember 3, 2017
It was okay working at Synopsys. There were a lot of good colleagues that I worked there with, and many that I just did not care for - ego and arrogance.
Pros
High-tech, a lot of intelligent and highly productive people in all of the departments
Cons
No room for advancement
Director, Applications, Services (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 24, 2017
Excellent team of people who cared about their customers and partners. Excellent management team that provided great benefits and compensation packages.
Pros
Team environment, compensation