Synopsys Employee Reviews

Settling down? Want to hit cruise control?
Operations/Finance Org (Current Employee) –  Mountian View, CANovember 13, 2018
Not your final stop shop for employment. If you're looking for continuous raises/advances, this is not for you. If you have a family and want security then this is what you're looking for. The benefits are top tier and cater for the 'seasoned' individuals in SV.
Pros
401k, Health/Dental, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Pay, Opportunity for Growth
synopsys is a good place for first job
Senior II R&D Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 10, 2018
The culture is good. But the industry is shrinking and the growth potential is limited. The work-life balance is overall oke. The compensation is not very competitive.
Synopsys was a good place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain, NDDecember 10, 2018
I worked at Synopsys almost 20 years ago so my review is pretty out of date compared to what it could be like there today. I found it enjoyable but cut-throat. There was a lot of distrust of co-workers and upper management.
Best EDA company to work
Sr Staff Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORDecember 25, 2018
The company culture is friendly and at the same time professional. The culture in the US and Europe is the best in the industry. Work and family life balance is one of the best.
Nice place to work
Application Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 29, 2018
Lots of opportunities for growth. But not a good work environment in terms of average age. Compensation are quiet below the expectations. Work life balance is simply amazing
No longer in business, but it was a good company
Snr. Sales Dev.and Renewal Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 23, 2018
This place is where I started my career and it was truly a great place to work at. Management was great and owners knew everyone's name. Unfortunately they were acquired, which is why I left.
Synopsys is a well balanced company
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2018
The company has an excellent culture with many talented people to keep you moving forward in your career. The large set of technologies that the company owns allows for a lot of cross learning.
Acquired professional skills
Sr. corporate Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 26, 2018
Acquired knowledge and experience in automation tools to verify the ASIC design. I enjoyed my job at Synopsys because I knew clearly the tasks assigned to me. I enjoyed working with a friends and professional team. The culture at Synopsys balanced work and family. The hardest part of the job was when debugging a new testcase which was written according to the new spec.
Good place to learn
Technical Engineering Intern, Design Group (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 17, 2018
Good place to learn. Given best project for entry-level person to work on. very supportive higher management. best place for internship in Design group.
Review
Senior Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 24, 2018
This is a good company with very talented people in the top management group. The company has been very successful because of the good leadership and management.
Most innovative company within EDA
Sr Corporate Application Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 10, 2017
Synopsys is a mature company with strong leadership at the top. One should be able to handle pressure coming from internally (R&D, Sales, Field Engineers) and customer. It can be very challenging to balance work and life at occasion. Overall it is a very stable company with strong product portfolio and they are number EDA company. Lately management is doing multiple acquisition related to software security to diversify and those huge investments are paying of now.
Pros
stable company, great team members
Cons
work life balance, customer pressure
Wonderful Team
International Sales Liaison (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 20, 2018
The international group was where I worked and the people I worked with around the world were delightful. I miss them all esp. the friends I made from the divisions in Munich, Germany and Japan.
I was a contractor
Senior Associate Contractor - Corporate Tax (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 29, 2018
I was a contractor at Synopsys so I can't comment on most of the categories. I was there for two years and things have changed quite a bit since I was there.
It is a stable and solid company
Staff QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 13, 2017
Synopsys has a good CEO with long term planning and vision. A lot of talented people with good idea and design culture. Lower level management are very conservative and don't take any risk
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
No plan for employee career development
Company culture and events were the BEST!
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 2, 2012
It was an excellent experience working during the early days before, during and after the company's IPO.

I coordinated company events, set-up corporate Friday's for afternoon speaker, and food service management. I really enjoyed the job I had as I wore many hats in the earlier days. I had the biggest office in the new location when we went public. I took care of all internal document management, managed the internal mail, fax, copy and supply services, as well as employee systems and telecommunications for the company.
Pros
great culture, excellent benefits, amenities
Cons
long hours, hard work, minimal internal advancement
Social events
R & D Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 6, 2018
Great social events, conferences, meetings where engineers can connect and share their work related experiences and share their concerns and issues or solutions.
Outstanding Company to work for!
Receptionist/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 10, 2018
Can't say enough positive about Synopsys Inc. The company took us every quarter on paid field trips, they have a social hour every Friday from 4 to 6 with complimentary food and spirits.
This company is #1 in EDA but beware of their management
Field Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 11, 2014
Synopsys I believe is a good company(or so I thought it was), but it definitely depends on the business unit you are in and the associated dynamics of the accounts you support (from my position as an FAE). Managers are not always on top of things that they should be, especially when it comes to proper personel management, and can influenced and intimated by members in other BUs. The bottom line is that I would likely not work for this company again but on the other-hand, I believe they are probably no different than many other large EDA companies out there in terms of how they treat people.
Pros
flexible vacation schedule, challenging work, good benefits
Cons
Rampant with company politics
Working at Synopsys
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 26, 2018
Working for a large company was new for me and that it in it self had its own challenges. They do not offer the benefits as other Silicon Valley companies as they are still very old school. They do offer a lunch room and coffee and tea, but that's it.
overall a great company
TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER- CUSTOMER SOLUTIONS (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 9, 2018
products are niche so you might become non-sellable across other companies. overall a great company, especially for field teams and development teams.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Synopsys. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

4.2InHerSight Score

4.2Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

4.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight