Synovos Employee Reviews

A Day at Synovos
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 16, 2019
At Synovos, my time has been spent as a Remote site buyer for multiple client sites. Management would not let me work from home even though my client sites were specifically located in central and west coast time zones. The job was routing and mundane working. The hardest part of the job was just working alone all day behind a computer, while not being allowed to work from home.
Good Company
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 21, 2018
Many changes over the years - Challenged in current environment with aligning sales goals and integrated in contracts effectively. Works in different business environments.
Hard work with rewarding accomplishment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2018
Once in the groove of things, the job becomes a standard routine with delightful people. The long term monotony of the job along with the lack of upward mobility is why I have reached out to explore other options.
Pros
Great experience building, learned how business operations work.
Cons
office had no windows small company therefore low interaction diversity.
Quick paced, fun job if you like counting things.
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 21, 2018
Definitely a cool place to work. Not a lot of people (at least at my location.) and usually everybody took care of everybody. Fast paced to the point you clock in and it seems two minutes later I’m headed home.
Management Focus is Not on Improving the Situation
Buyer III (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCAugust 29, 2018
The workplace environment is very negative. Management offers no solutions to problems. Training is non-existent. Changes have not been made effectively, and no one in management seems to understand how to improve a lackluster performance thus far.
Pros
Co-workers are great
Cons
Management is not assertive enough
Management at my site didnt care about or address any issues with his team and allowed a violent hostile work environment to escalade.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSAugust 27, 2018
I feel as if I was taken advantage of and used. There was harassment both verbal and physical by other coworkers and made a easy job impossible to accomplish
Good place to work if you like dealing with inventory.
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 27, 2018
Good place to work just really no growth at the site where I am at. Too much favoritism. Not everyone is given a fair shot. More has to do with the Manager on site. Company is a great company to work for.
It was nice working with them
Inventory Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2018
It was good to work with them
It was beasy all the time
Good atmosphere with the co-workers
Manager and Supervisor
If I needed help I can count with them.
Good working enviroment
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Montrose, PAAugust 1, 2018
They are a good company to work for. Quite flexible and allow working remotely during the week. Management is easy to work with and the people in the office are very nice and warm. Lot's of laughing.
Pros
lunches and working remote
Cons
layoffs with no notice
An OK job
Central Stores Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 21, 2018
It really wasn't a bad job. You are dealing with the same people over and over so you do get to know your customers and most are nice people. Raises are suppose to happen every year but some got raises while others didn't which would cause a lot of bad feelings among the customer attendants. They hang on to some of the worst employees I've ever seen without addressing any problems these people cause. The site manager really doesn't care about her people at all and is either away or in her office most of the time. If you try to talk to her about any issue she would blow you off. However, the work load was not over bearing and most people got a long with each other. You have really busy days and really slow days. Not the worst job I ever had.
Pros
8 hour days, no management around
Cons
Management doesn't care, 2% raises
Poor Management
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 19, 2018
Company growing too fast and does not know how to adapt to growth. Management out of touch with what happens at the field level. Employees work on contracts and there is very good chance of losing your job if your contract is not renewed and you are not willing to relocate.
Pros
Good Co-Workers
Cons
Poor Management
Good company to work for
Sales (Former Employee) –  Usal Rock, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Very professional environment.
Good individuals working for the company
Management are accessible.
Good salary and benefits
you have to be self empowered
you have to know well your area
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
no cons if you are a self empowered individual
SITE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 27, 2017
Great place to work with opportunity for development and advancement in your career. Comprehensive benefits package and ability to run your own site with little micromanagement.
Terrible
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Iowa Park, TXDecember 26, 2017
Terrible Management. Terrible company structure. Management likes to place blame on others instead of actually training employees and teaching them their role. They throw you in with little to no knowledge, then write you up when mistakes occur. No transparency, No room for advancement, does not give raises to employees. Don't attempt to fix issues. Management will blacklist you. Be prepared to stay in the same position, everything being blamed on you, poor pay, no pay raise... Do not apply!!!
Fast paced Environment
MRO Buyer (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 6, 2017
Great employees. My assignment was a 6 mos. contract. The management are great. I am a Buyer by trade. The hardest part of the job was not extending my assignment.
A productive place to work
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Forest, VAOctober 5, 2017
A typical day is a little bit of both fast and slow, depending on what part of the day it is. I've learned a lot more about computers, customer service and dealing with stock/inventory with this job. I prefer working on the computer mostly. I enjoy it. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the people that I work with. I would say the hardest part of my job is lifting heavy boxes of copy paper each month.
Pros
the environment and co-workers
Cons
every now and then, there is down time and you have to wait to pick up packages
Review needed
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 5, 2017
Unsatisfactory Experience. No management direction. No review process, or and chain of command. Very little learning and a lot of repetitive administrative work.
Interesting
AP Associate (Current Employee) –  Montrose, PASeptember 8, 2017
The time i spent working there was interesting. There is not much room for advancement. IT was stressful, overworked employees and too many people that thought they were managers. They hire a lot of family and you have to be careful what you say to who.
Pros
Paid vacation time
Cons
drama
Interesting
Site Manager/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Camden, ARSeptember 2, 2017
Interesting place to work. Must be a self starter and a good manager of your time. A good people person is a must; and must work well with others. Contractual Work only.
Dishonest about the Buyer position
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAAugust 25, 2017
The buyer position at this company is little more than customer service. They were really dishonest with me in the interview and I wish I has never accepted the role.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Synovos. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.1InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight