Synovus
59Below average

Synovus Employee Reviews

United States322 reviews
Good company and culture. Good benefits. Good pay and location. Just sales sales sales pressure. Micro managing is just too much. Very administrative and people are not that knowledgeable.
To say training is lacking is an understatement. Teammates tried very hard to train new hires. I wish I could say the same about the management. Management gave bad reviews to potential new employers to try and deter the success of others. It was a library type setting so you had to sit in silence most of the day or try not to speak above a whisper. People were literally reported for not being quiet in the workplace. I got this job through a temporary agency. That should have been my indicator. For me, it was a horrible experience and I would never consider working here again!
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Everything else
It was difficult to move up despite going above and beyond. It seemed like only certain team members were constantly getting promoted and recognized. Communication was often poor and vague.
The people there are generally able, personable depending on group, and good to work with. The organization is behind the curve, conservative and tend to be siloed.
Recent changes to the entire IT management tree may alleviate this, but not yet proven to.
Nice coworkers in the branch. Family like atmosphere in the branch. Higher ups dont recognize you, but at the branch level it's good. Pay could be better.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
The bank as a whole is a great bank. Working for them is not my favorite. I found that the vacation system was ridiculous. The book goes around, the senior team pick their weeks. But, after you choose your week, make reservations, a senior team member can come back and take that week away from you if they want it.
Decent pay, decent hours but management in Winter Park = HORRIFIC

Leadership seriously needs to take some in depth courses on how to run a call center and be LEADERS. Half of the people in my training class quit because it was so bad!

They promote people who “kiss the ring” very miserable environment to be in. If you say the wrong thing to a supervisor you are targeted. It’s like they hire people just to fire them.

They micromanage like no other. All leadership does is sit at their desk watching all agents aux states from the start till the end of their shift.
Always checking in with you on your stats

Tons of opportunity if you truly show your determination to be apart of the team

Strict about no work place drama

Events all over the place

Night time security until everyone leaves.3
Long days with tight timelines.
Management is not where it needs to be, but working to get better

The people that work there are the best part of the job

Benefits are wonderful
Pros
People
Day goes fast as volume is high and you are busy, I enjoy working and camaraderie with my fellow team members. My Supervisor is great and very understanding.
The call center aspect of this particular employer is one of the most difficult I've ever worked for. In regards to personal matters and the concern for employee happiness, it is not therthere.Management portrays that they care but they truly do not listen to needs of the person and turn around shows that.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No home/work life balance consideration
Synovus when I work there was a wreck of disorganized information and wreck less leadership in my section. There were no true leaders in our group, just yes men and women at the top of the chain. When I took the initiative to do something to contribute, I was “lead” to stay in my lane. My peers were a lot more talented than they were being given credit for, but were allowed to be punching monkeys from other teams failures
Synovus is a solid company with a multitude of great people. They have a very solid vision for where they want to be in the future, and they have an intense focus on taking care of the customer. I enjoyed my time there, but left after a short time as I didn't feel like a good fit for the position I was in. I keep in touch with several people who became friends, and I consider Synovus an attractive employer.
Pros: teammates from other office are very supportive. Benefits are good. Very involved in community

Cons: middle management, lack of focus. Leadership here is more of a reactive approach vs a proactive approach. No room for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Great company to work for if you work in a larger market. Synovus wants to see employees grow just certain branch managers hinder that of you. Overall company is awesome!
If you didn't grow up here, you're not valued. sever lack of communication across the company. Executive management is good but oblivious to the culture of those below them.
This company lacks diversity and based on their actions that’s not going to change. It’s just another good old boys club. Your manager cannot help you because he doesn’t know anything or the systems just micromanages you to do things that he cannot even do himself. HR makes decisions based on their individual preferences.
Loved my job but was in an accident in my first 90 days and was not able to return to work consistently so I was written up and told that if I was out again I would have to be let go even though I provided all the documentation that they asked for
Lots of Chiefs. This organization is ok. I have worked for worse.
I am in the branch and rarely see upper management, if ever in a year. Everything is done by email. It's hard when you go unrecognized for things that should be noticed. I always feel like our job is on the line. It's not the most pleasant feeling everyday as numbers rule in this organization. Make your goals or get written up. I'm scared of that everyday.
The branch I was at refused to train you and if you made a mistake you were punished for it. The manager would rather be in competition with me than coach me.
Synovus is a great place to work. I love my manager even though she is under so much stress. My branch is in a great location and I love my customers.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Sales