Synovus Employee Reviews

Banking Life
Personal Banker- Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALDecember 8, 2018
Working at a bank can somewhat be the same day after day, it does get very boring, some people love it though. The customers are great and enjoyable.
Pros
Customers
Cons
pay
not as advertised at all.
SR. Treasury Support Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 14, 2018
not really a good place to work.. Dealt with favoritism and discrimination while working here. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. I've worked there for 4 years and have had all kinds of issues.
Good job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 12, 2018
Ok pay like the job vacation time some training good to the public not good raise fun please enjoyed the customers fundraiser thought about their customer and employee
Pros
Has events for employees
Cons
No Christmas party or bonus
N/a
Loan Document Review Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 8, 2018
Not much to tell. Stressful round the year. The Financial institution is not what it was long ago. The industry has change so much since the recession and so have the financial institutions.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Stress and little training.
Good company, good people, some minor issues
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 1, 2018
Everything was excellent initially: promotions, salary increased, awesome manager. But everything changes.
PROS:
- good people
- some benefits
- stable, reliable job
- good office

CONS:
- shuffling managers all the time
- working remotely is not an option
- no bonuses
- health insurance for employee only (not for family)
Corporate Office Job
File Transfer Specialist, Sr (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 11, 2018
Each day starts out with checking emails, and getting everything started for the daily tasks. Sometimes there is a brief (5-10 minute) team meeting to discuss developments for the day. Tasks are then completed and once everything is done for the day, whether it is 8 hours or 10 or more, it is time to go home.

I learned many technical aspects of certain software programs and how to troubleshoot issues as they arise.

Direct supervisor management is pretty good - friendly and responsive to the needs of the employees. Upper management seems somewhat less concerned with the well-being of employees.

The culture is inclusive and welcoming of people of all types.

The hardest part of the job I did, which isn't typical or reflective of the company as a whole, is having virtually no consistency and not knowing when I would be done on any given day. It made planning around work rather difficult.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the autonomy and the freedom to work at my own pace without micromanaging.
Good company to work for
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 7, 2018
The co-workers are great to work with, and management has an open door policy. I learned how to effectively work with a diverse skill set. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility of the work schedule.
Pros
family education leave time
Information Technogy
Management (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 18, 2018
The business side of the house is quite competent and reasonable. IT is a mess; senior leadership makes all decisions. Middle managers are held accountable, but now empowered. Senior Management doesn't get along with each other.
Pros
Bright people
Cons
Sour culture
IT Program Manager
Program Manager IT (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 14, 2018
The companies organizational structure is command and control, which leaves the employee wanting for more autonomy, better leadership, and less ambiguity with roles and responsibilities.
Work Life balance is a major focus here
Operations Customer Care Analyst (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GASeptember 13, 2018
Synovus is dedicated to their employees. The company sees that their strength is in their people.The benefits are good. The company believes in developing talent from within.
Awesome
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company as well. Unfortunately there was not much room for advancement. I had been with the company for 3 plus years and was unable to move up.
Mortgage IT is not good here
Developer II, Mortgage IT (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 5, 2018
Management has been changed 3 times in 3 years. New management is inflexible and unsupportive. They have lost a lot of employees with strong corporate knowledge due to resignations. Used to be a good place to work, but no longer. Sterile and uncreative atmosphere.
Mangement
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Trussville ALAugust 28, 2018
This company is great to work for but when a bad manager comes in and work becomes less fun and more stress instead of an equal balance it kind of sucks the life out of it.
Not great, not bad
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 1, 2018
You're typical bank job. Back office is more flexible and laid back as opposed to retail. You have to meet referral goals which are hard to make depending on what market you're in.
nice
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 27, 2018
Synovus is a great company to work for,however the managers aren't help accountable for their doing with the company. Accountability is from the coworker all the way to the CEO.
Pros
cross trained
Cons
lack of pay
Great company
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 16, 2018
The manager that I had was amazing. I knew her from a previous employer. The team was good and we worked well together. I loved the facts that we did not have Saturday hours.
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 13, 2018
I enjoy my job here. Everyone is friendly and it's a great place to work. I've only been here for a few months but I can tell that this company has many opportunities for people to advance and succeed in this career path.
Synovus was a good job while the contract lasted.
Assistant Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 6, 2018
I was a contractual employee, and I enjoyed my time at Synovus. The compensation was great, but I didn't receive any benefits because I was not employed as a regular employee.
Pros
compensation
Cons
no benefits
Not the company it used to be
Employee (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 3, 2018
I've worked at Synovus a number of years. The company used to show employees they were valued and appreciated. This is no longer practiced within the company.
not a reuptable company
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 25, 2018
Lies are a part of their corporate structure. I was promised education. I was promised the continuance of my NMLS license and they refused to update because the current position did not require an NMLS.
Pros
work hours
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Synovus. Our community is ready to answer.