Synovus Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
nice
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 27, 2018
Synovus is a great company to work for,however the managers aren't help accountable for their doing with the company. Accountability is from the coworker all the way to the CEO.
Pros
cross trained
Cons
lack of pay
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 13, 2018
I enjoy my job here. Everyone is friendly and it's a great place to work. I've only been here for a few months but I can tell that this company has many opportunities for people to advance and succeed in this career path.
Synovus was a good job while the contract lasted.
Assistant Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 6, 2018
I was a contractual employee, and I enjoyed my time at Synovus. The compensation was great, but I didn't receive any benefits because I was not employed as a regular employee.
Pros
compensation
Cons
no benefits
Not the company it used to be
Employee (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 3, 2018
I've worked at Synovus a number of years. The company used to show employees they were valued and appreciated. This is no longer practiced within the company.
not a reuptable company
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 25, 2018
Lies are a part of their corporate structure. I was promised education. I was promised the continuance of my NMLS license and they refused to update because the current position did not require an NMLS.
Pros
work hours
Cons
management
Depends on the department you work in
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 24, 2018
The Customer Care Specialist II is draining. You answer calls from frustrated customer's all day. A lot of them are upset over common sense things that could have been prevented by the customer.

Pros: The pay here is great, the benefits are nice, and the managers are decent. You also have these big cubes that make you feel very important.

Cons: You're constantly badgered about little mistakes you make (Every one from my training class is on the way out the door), the customer's will berate you, and you're locked in to whatever schedule you get (NO EXCEPTIONS).
Pros
Hour Lunches, Pay, Benefits
Cons
Stressful, Schedule
I am only working as a contract employee in this position so I cannot comment on the company benefits.
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 18, 2018
Very nice people, but technology is way outdated. Multiple processes could easily be streamlined, and lower costs of payroll. They have a different program for every function, and it is not necessary or practical.
The Best Employer Around!
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 18, 2018
Synobus Bank & Synovus Mortgage are outstanding sister companies that always place the customer first, takes excellent care of thier employees and never fails to remember that business is, in fact, about people!
Retail Branch where you interact with customers all day.
Lead Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAJune 7, 2018
In a typical day at a retail branch of Synovus we spend 90% of our time servicing customers and processing their requests. You will learn time management skills, many different computer programs, and you will definitely become a customer service expert. You will work hand in hand with your managers on a daily basis and they will help you advance your career down your chosen path. The culture at Synovus is to treat customers and fellow employees as family. The hardest part of the job is when you are unable to do something that a customer needs. The most enjoyable part of my job is the relationships you create.
Pros
Cons
Less technologically evolved
SR Loan Workout (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 5, 2018
n/a great place to work and love my team thanks for the opportunity and I look forward to better advancement. The life to work balance is amazing and the management does an amazing job
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Company Culture Decline
Trust/IRA Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 25, 2018
I held many positions working my way to the area I set as my goal. With previous Company Culture it was warranted to encourage promotion within, but over the years the company's culture declined and employees weren't compensated fairly nor heard over new management.
Pros
inhouse promotion and job training
Cons
poor new management with little concern for tenure employees
Productive and Fun
Senior Director, Enterprise Architecture (Present) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 24, 2018
Great Company to work for. Good and hard working people. Work ethics are solid. People are willing to help each other. Management cares about employees.
Pros
Small enough to careabout its employees
Cons
Maturity
Great place to work, and great location.
Information Security Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 21, 2018
I came from TSYS which is also a great company and I don't have any complaint. This place is really easy going and there is some much freedom. I highly recommend it.
At best, an also-ran
Mortgage Originator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 15, 2018
Prior to the financial crisis was an excellent bank.

When I joined the company, Synovus was coming out from under a "memorandum of understanding", i.e., enforcement action from regulator. Management was in process of reorganization, i.e. removed line of business president , head of retail sales. Basically did not fill those positions. The expected results followed.

From a corporate perspective, a rising tide lifts all boats.
Company has issue with Division management
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 14, 2018
Synovus just became one brand with all Division. The division I worked at is having high turnover because the upper management doesn't want to apply to what the Company Synovus has instill.
Great company to work for
Part-time Teller (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLApril 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at Synovus. Trainers were excellent. Co-workers were always willing to help and great team atmosphere. Management was always available and very helpful.
n /a
CONSUMER REGULATORY COMPLIANCE EXAMINER II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 28, 2018
Benefits are decent. Pay scale is decent depending on what area of the bank you work in. Able to wear jeans daily and most departments is on Friday.
Competitive and numbers drive
Branch Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALMarch 27, 2018
This company is a great company to work for if you are great at meeting and exceeding goals and pushing products. There is no structure for advancement and a lot of favoritism is shown to employees tied to prominent people in the community.
Pros
Customers are the best thing about this place of employment
Cons
Unfairly compensated compared to similar positions in other financial institutions
Good Workplace
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30305March 21, 2018
A great place to work and grow. There are days when it will be more demanding then others. Nothing is hard about this job. The best thing is you know what time you will get off everyday.
Watch your back
Compliance (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 17, 2018
Very politically motivated and management has very slanted views as they play favorites many times. Not a good culture if you are an honest and hard-working person.