Synter Resource Group Employee Reviews

Failing company
Account Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 29, 2018
This company is going down. The team leads are fudging the numbers and lying to the clients and blaming failures on the staff when they get caught. Clients leaving at an alarming rate. Owners doing the bare minimum so they can get back to their golf game. HR has no clue what they are doing and is petty. Just avoid. The office is going down, don't board a sinking ship.
Pros
generous PTO
Cons
You are a scape goat, OSHA violations, Insurance is so expensive most employees go without
Initially a great place but it depends on the team you are on
Logistics Account Rep (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 14, 2018
The team i began working on was awesome! The team i got shifted to once my other project was over was horrible. They are very "cliquey" and if you provide suggestions that they dont want to handle or dislike they do not like that at all. Management was horrible and HR management is even worse.
Pros
Cons
No work life balnace
Very unprofessional company!!!
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 10, 2018
I have never in my life worked for a company where managers could talk about you, in front of you. They cliqued up into groups and they cannot be trusted. They tell you to trust them only to find out later your business is spread around the company! You cannot have a difference of opinion because you will be fired for it. The managers need managerial training ASAP! They tell you the company is laid back and has an open door policy but that’s not true. If you talk to a coworker you’re reprimanded for it. Meanwhile the managers are talking all day and very loud at that. You cannot go to a supervisor with concerns because the team leads will find a way to still make it about you without owing up to their faults! Very unprofessional environment!
Pros
45 minute grace period to get to work without being late.
Cons
Unprofessional environment!
Productive and fun place to work very team centered
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 29, 2018
The work place culture at Synter is very positive and team centered. They are a great group of people and certainly care about their team members and work life balance.
fun and productive work enviroment
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 22, 2018
I enjoyed my employment at Synter Resource Group. Hardworking management and they encourage you to push yourself. Love when we have our monthly meeting when goals are met. Monthly meetings gave me time to enjoy all our employees. Also monthly meetings provided team stats and allowed us time to encourage one another. Loved my time there and would recommend this job to anyone who enjoys hard work.
Pros
Weekends off, great pay, loyal management
Cons
i don't have any cons
A lot of lack there of...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North CharlestonMarch 13, 2018
The company has potential if they would stop hiring their friends and hire quality people. The team leads doesn’t have time for anything including training their people. It’s a lot of collateral moves but, are being classified as promotions. When hired, part of the benefits is a life insurance policy, the company has not honored that yet.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Team leads are overworked. Unable to grow. Lack of communication
very busy teamwork enviroment
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 4, 2018
Pure collections work for the transportation industry. It is important to have excellent customer service skills in this type of work. Make them your friend, understand their problem and help them to fix it.
Pros
great comission
Cons
na
Poor Management
Logistics Account Representative (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCDecember 22, 2017
The management team does not have the proper training to provide employees with the proper support. There's cliques among management and other employees which is noticeable and can make certain situations uncomfortable.The managers I've experienced there is what lead me to looking for a new position. The job itself is easy, but the company doesn't provide the proper training so you learn as you go. The overall atmosphere is something different, usual corporate business practices don't apply. The goals set for representatives are not easy to obtain and the workload they provide is unrealistic for one representative to handle.
Pros
Mon-Fri 8-5pm work day, employee engagement, bonus opportunities
Cons
Poor management, ineffective training, lack of support, communication
Productive and Fun Work place.
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 5, 2017
I job that is sure to test ones ability to adapt quickly and seamlessly. The offer monthly reviews as well as coaching sessions often. Make sure to stay ahead of the curve because your job security depends on meeting monthly goals.
Productive place to work
Revenue Specialist (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCJuly 14, 2017
My level of communication has definitely enhanced as a result of working for this company. Their compensation and benefits are very compatible for most people.
Going downhill
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 15, 2017
Needs someone to come in and make changes to improve attitudes. Job is repetitive and needs something to make it more challenging and exciting. PTO is very good.
Encouraging and fun enviornment!
Phone Representative (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 12, 2017
There is excellent training, a wealth of incentives and an all around fun culture. Been impressed with everyone I've worked. Pay is based on experience. From my experience HR does an incredible job placing people in the department that suits their personality. There is a 90 day training curve to allow new employees to acclimate to the quotas given. Great opportunity for internal promotions and always opportunities to learn new things. Truly a great company to work for! Did I mention the pool table, ping pong table, corn hole boards, basketball, mini library (take a book/leave a book) etc.
Pros
Great employees and culture! Flex times and casual dress.
Cons
Costly healthcare ( Not Synters fault)
Poor communication and culture
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 9, 2017
This company is a great example of why the overall compensation of households is at an all-time low. Most I knew received a pay increase of around 2-3% each year, and they don't offer any incentive to meet their demanding goals. Also, its difficult to trust HR as the guy is authoritarian and argumentative (the worst combination). When I was hired, I was told to be careful what I say to HR because its not confidential. It was the first time I had ever had that happen.
Pros
Benefits package, 401k, Pto
Cons
Work culture, Poor communication, Low pay with high demand
Good place to start
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 14, 2017
This is a smaller 3rd party outsource group for logistics companies. You will have to be the accounts receivables for freight carriers, You come to work, log in & make the outbound calls.
Pros
smaller groups of teams so more one on one
Cons
needs better training
Great work enviroment and great benefits
Skip Tracer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 5, 2017
It was a great work environment and they treated their employees very well.Offered wonderful benefits and incentives. Management was always willing to help.
Pretty easy place to work
Administrative/Customer Svc (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 26, 2017
It was a nice place to work but the management and training was not professional to standards that I believe to stand with.
Upbeat atmosphere with happy employees
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 11, 2017
I loved working for Synter! The culture is professional but also playful, with a ping pong table and pool table in the employee break area. The admin is concerned with the employees and treats everyone with respect. The work load can be heavy but the people there care that you succeed. It was truly a great experience working for this company.
Temporary Job
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 28, 2016
Great to get on your feet, not a career though. Laid back company atmosphere if you are willing to work hard. Will get boring quickly if you are educated.
Fun Environment until you dont make Goal
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 27, 2016
High Turn over. Pay is reasonable. good benefits. work hours are awesome m-f. but if you don't make goal your out. no employee loyalty at all, and it doesn't matter how long you been there
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 30, 2015
Great Co Workers and really knew how to keep everybody on their toes with giving great benefits to match their hardwork
hardest part was making your call goals in a day
enjoyable part was making it fun while being productive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Synter Resource Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight