Synter Resource Group

Synter Resource Group insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Decent place to work

They held my job when I was out for 6 weeks for emergency surgery. No one called to check on me once, not my manager and not HR. But it was held over my head that they held my job. We are just automatons and nothing more.

Pros

Good break times

Cons

Lack of care from management

October 13, 2021
We deeply apologize for missing the opportunity to make you feel supported by our Synter team.We take pride in working with our employees to ensure job security when unforeseen circumstances come up. We appreciate you sharing your experience and we will use your feedback as an opportunity to improve our employee relations. We’d love to investigate the specifics of this matter, in order to determine how our process can be improved, and we encourage you to contact us directly at 843.746.2200 ext. 1417. We will continue to strive to make our team members feel appreciated and important.

You Get What You Give

I have worked in many environment and 9 out of 10 times you are just a worker bee. But not for Synter. They really treat you like you are a human being. They understand that you have a family and an actual life outside of work. They are understanding to emergencies, especially during this Pandemic. They make you feel valued. The work itself is not difficult. If you are a person that has integrity, is motivated, and is a hard worker then this place is for you. This is a place that gives back to you exactly what you are willing to put in. They do reward you for your hard work and I truly see myself here for a long time.

Pros

Flexible start time and end time, built in overtime, team oriented

nice workplace

Worked there for 12 years. Great company. Very flexible, keeps you busy Work is very easy and managers are laid back. Able to work remotely due to Covid as well.

Productive day to day

I have been here for almost 90 days now it’s a pretty good place to work! I love the schedule the environment is very mature and people are helpful not stressful

Pros

good schedule

Cons

Beneifits are expensive

It’s a good gig. If you show up every day on time and put in the effort to do your job every day you will have job security.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Synter Resource Group is great. Most positions here will never have to take work home with them and it’s refreshing to be allowed to enjoy your time off completely.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Run

Seems like a great company at first, it is for the first few weeks or months. They have unrealistic goals for collecting on certain accounts. They will play you. Trust me, do not work for this company it will be best if you do not even apply here. Their turn over rate is insanely high as well. Favoritism at its finest there.

Pros

Free food, casual dress, paid holidays

Cons

Unrealistic goals, favoritism, they don’t care about employees if they don’t like you.

Poor Management and Bad Culture

The management team top-down places little value in its employees, which is why they’ve struggled with turnover over the last 5 years. Unfortunately, they value favoritism over intelligence and if you don’t go to events outside of work you’re looked down upon for it.

June 2, 2020
We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience. With regards to turnover, we have hit or are very close at hitting our turnover goal each year. As a matter of fact, we are almost less than half what the industry average of BPO turnover is. If you would like to discuss any items, please feel free to give us a call at 843-414-8909.

Very easy job, easy to meet expectations and excel.

I worked here for a little over six months and it was one of the best places I've worked. The supervisors on my team were there whenever I needed them but didn't micromanage. As long as you get the expected amount of work done daily the job is smooth sailing. Also upper management is there everyday to assist and they're very friendly.

Pros

monthly team outings

June 2, 2020
We are so glad to hear this and excited to have you as part of the Synter team!! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your position more enjoyable. Thank you!

Things could be better

It’s an ok place to work, come in and keep head down. The HR manager is very aggressive so keep things at hi and bye. The culture is way off! I believe the energy of a company works from the top down and if the HR manager is aggressive and rude... what does that say about the company and how they make decisions. It’s a great place to work , but the wrong people are in the wrong position.

May 14, 2020
We think our culture is one of the highlights of the company. We take pride that our team is relaxed and has a great environment. Sorry to hear that you think differently. We encourage you to reach out to us at 843-414-8909 so we understand more of where you are coming from.

Superb environment

The work environment is very relaxed. The relationship between the employees and management is one of a kind. There are flexible schedules and games in the break room.

January 28, 2020
We are so happy that you enjoy our work environment and the relationships that we all share at Synter. As always, please let us know how we can improve on our culture. Thanks again!

Jobs at Synter Resource Group

See more jobs

Laid back place to work

This is hands down one of the best places to work. It really feels like a big family where leadership knows everyone by name and really strives to make sure that we all meet our goals and help us develop into higher positions. They have a flexible arrival time in morning, weekends off, and no late night shifts. They really try to make sure that we have a good home/life balance. Plus you cant beat a company that is closed for most National holidays....and have them paid.

November 11, 2019
Sounds awesome! Thanks so much for the terrific review. We are so glad that you hear and a part of the team!

Don't care about employees

do this job if you need work for now, but don't plan on doing it for more than six to 12 months. Be prepared to work for owners that do not care at all about their staff.

Pros

casual dress code

Cons

awful managers

November 12, 2019
We are sorry to hear about this. We encourage you to reach out to us at 843-414-8909 so we understand more of where you are coming from.

Collections Call Center

I was mislead into believing this was a logistics position. This is a collection Agency for past due freight invoices on behalf of actual logistics companies!! HUGE Difference! I have 0 experience In collections or call calling.

November 19, 2019
Sorry that you were misinformed. We give everyone the opportunity to sit along side with one of our Logistics Account Representatives to see what we do from day-to-day. This is before they are interviewed and offered a position.

Unrealistic daily Goals

The daily an monthly goals expectations is unrealistic and the pressure is all day long. The only good things are PTO and arrive window of 45 minutes.

Pros

45 min window arrived, Good PTO

Cons

Expensive Health insurance

November 19, 2019
Yes, we do have some amazing perks. Sorry to hear that you were unable to meet the goals and expectations set forth by our customers. We have a great team at Synter that can in fact meet their goals and expectations on a daily, as well as monthly basis.

Very self driven place to achieve your goals

Everyone is very hands on and also always willing to help anyone that needs the extra push to achieve their potential to promote within the company. Fun and has a family feel environment.

Pros

Numerous potential perks available

November 19, 2019
That is awesome! We are so happy to hear that our team members are always willing to assist when they can and that our culture is fun and exciting.

Run away

They do not take care of their employees, their goals and expectations are unrealistic. I will never work there again....ever...EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 19, 2019
We take great pride in caring for all our employees. We are sad to hear that you think differently. Please reach out to us at 843-414-8909. We will be glad to talk to you about any issues that you experienced while you were here.

Productive and fun work place

I loved working for them. Most management there were great. Family oriented, staff contests, good pay, good benefits. Gossip and people acting very young is problematic, but if you keep to yourself it's great

November 19, 2019
We love to hear the positive remarks about your experience with Synter Resource Group. We strive to make our team members comfortable and provide a good culture. Unfortunately, it is hard to control some of the gossip, but we understand that this is an issue for most companies. Thanks again for the review!

working month to month can be stressful

the platforms the company provides is not very customer/employee efficient. The vendors are not aware of back office issues. the team leads are horrible at keeping professional.

Fun work place but high turnover rate

Synter is a fun workplace once you get your feet on the ground, but dont get attached to anyone. The turnover rate is high and it seems they just churn employees out until they get the desired results, meaning they will hire incompetent employees that become your coworkers.

Management issues.

The company external look is wonderful, the internal side is unprofessional, lost, they need to clean up upper & mid management. Mid management is overworked which leave poor training, problems unsolved, no accountability given to their real issues.

Pros

45 start time

Cons

Management, Insurance

Failing company

This company is going down. The team leads are fudging the numbers and lying to the clients and blaming failures on the staff when they get caught. Clients leaving at an alarming rate. Owners doing the bare minimum so they can get back to their golf game. HR has no clue what they are doing and is petty. Just avoid. The office is going down, don't board a sinking ship.

Pros

generous PTO

Cons

You are a scape goat, OSHA violations, Insurance is so expensive most employees go without

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Synter Resource Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight