SynTerra

Working at SynTerra: 15 Reviews

Everyone is being laid off or leaving

Here's your sign - don't do it. Stressful, no communication, no raises, lack of leadership, low morale throughout the company, no sense of urgency, no teamwork or recognition.

Pros

Remote when not in the field

Cons

All else

No direction of work only survive day by day.

Management is poor. There was no direction, only to get survived day by day.It is the place to work only for temporary until find a job at better company.

Pros

Allow wearing t-shirt, shorts and slippers to go to work

Cons

Low salary and benefits.

SynTerra insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Once upon a time it was nice

Years ago, this place was great. So many great people have either been laid off or quit for better opportunities elsewhere. Three rounds of layoffs in a single year, even after they docked pay for everyone "to avoid layoffs". Now expected to get everything done on less and with half the help. I feel bad for clients who use them almost as much as the employees themselves. No teamwork or communication. They'll make promises in interviews that they can't keep.

Pros

They were great once

Cons

No communication, poor pay, no resources, understaffed by choice

Great job, pay, atmosphere if your willing to play ball!

Over the passed few years working for Synterra I have gained a lot of experience in the security field and have grown myself as a person doing this job. I have been given tools to work independently and efficient. Along with any security position there is always a bit of down time but of course you learn to keep busy. I really enjoy my position at Synterra. Management has been very good with helping others get their security licenses and of course give them a shot. Working for Synterra can be rewarding and I would recommend you give it a try.

Pros

Excellent wages, good hours

Cons

Management doesn’t visit often enough

Not a place to work

Basically they will place you in a mine or refinery. Company should provide more information about the working conditions and atmosphere that people have to deal with before giving your resume or personal information to such company which is situated somewhere in North but looking for someone in East or South.

Pros

I wish there was atleast 1

worse job

I recently got let go, they told me that complained and instead of talking about it first they automatically let me go. Communication up there is horrible, they expect you to bend over backwards for them but won't do the same for you, and the work schedule is sometimes hard to deal with. Definitely not a place I would recommend to others.

Terrible Work Atmosphere

Management in this company is more worried about themselves than issues on their sites. Expect people to do things not in their job scope for the pay they give others like supervisors that dont supervise. If you enjoy busting your butt while you watch others sleep on the job, not do their duties this is the place for you

Pros

Good exercise if you actually take tour job seriously

Not a good place

Everyone that works here is cut throat. Everyone is out to get people fired. People are nice the first week, then after that you are skrewed. These people always want to go out to lunch and spend $50 on lunch everyday. Everyone here is full of trust fund rich kids that will want to cut you out of the company if you don’t go blow your money with them. Snobby jerks. Training is awful. Rediculous hours. The managers base performance reviews on what other people say, they don’t actually go in the field with you to see how you are doing. So if the co-workers don’t like you (because you don’t blow money with them), the manager will fire you without probable cause except for by word of mouth. This place is garbage. Don’t waste your time...

Excellent company to work for

Working for Synterra Security Solutions has been a great experience. They definitely hold their employees to a higher standard, and I wouldn't want to work for a company that didn't. Working in remote locations is not an ordinary Security gig. We don't sit around watching CCTV all day, and complete a few patrols here and there. It's physically demanding, and I've seen a lot of employees come and go because it's not what they expect. "It's too much work." If you put in the effort, you will be recognized and rewarded. If you want to be lazy and complain about everything, then move on to a Security gig that you can sit on your butt all day and collect a minimum wage paycheck.

Pros

Excellent opportunity for advancement

Don’t work here

Worst place I have ever worked. The people and management here are not good to work for or with. No time off, bad salaries, and bad benefits. You will work over 50 hours a week here with no overtime pay. Do yourself a favor and find a job elsewhere.

Pros

Cons

Pretty much everything about the company

It's great for money but they treat you as though you are expendable

The contract with my old company had switched with them. I worked at Detour and they gave us a cheaper quality coat than the ones we had on the previous contract. I reported to the head supervisor of SYNTERRA about this, even gave a comparison between the two, all he really had to say was "Well I guess everyone reacts differently in cold weather". 3 days after that it was right after my shift on the day I needed to return home. I get a call from them and they told me to pack up my things, go and don't come back. I was devastated by this, to only have worked so hard in that mine to only be thrown away like common Trash. To anyone else who is thinking about applying for them Don't even BOTHER! it's best to wait out their contract until a better company with ACTUAL moral value takes over.

Pros

Fun to work out at Detour

Cons

Poor treatment of staff

Treat unfairly

Other than management being poorly, instad of dealing with issue that happen, they let you go! I was treated very poorly, I went beyond my duties, but I was the one in wrong! They have no respect. People like myself take their job seriously! I think they are the worse company out there!

Pros

N/l

Cons

Don’t treat people fairly

Management treats unfairly and will fire or lay you off for inquiring about your employment rights. Management will deny that they are laying you off/ firing you because of that and will tell you that they don't have any other position for you which is a total lie.

Good place

Good place to work management needs to learn how important delegating work. Empower your people to feel important to the process. People want to be a part of team.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Lack management

Wonderful Place

This employer is great. They make sure that you are not taking advantage of with the contractor they place you with.

Pros

pays well

Cons

none....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SynTerra. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about SynTerra in popular locations

• SynTerra