Syracuse University Employee Reviews

Combine faculty, staff, graduate student lunch room with threadmill
Administrative Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 28, 2018
Enjoyed meeting new students during orientation and how excited they are to start there studies. The workplace culture in my Department is more work driven for staff from administration. Staff was left overworked when the volunteer layoff was given a few years back which resulted in hiring freeze.
Pros
Annual Christmas parties
Cons
Health care, retirement plan, dental
Good place to study
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 26, 2018
Syracuse University is a good place to study.

Good course to offer to new students in a different level of study. Ph.D., Master and undergraduate study is offered in this University.
Syracuse University great place to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 24, 2018
I work at Syracuse University it's a great place to work the work culture is sometimes a little stressful but that's with any job anywhere the management is okay they work with you and you do have the opportunity to go to school so that I can become an alumni which is what I'm working too hard to be more valuable to the university than just a food service worker and it's even the better place in Orange Nation to go to work and see an NCAA football game yeah man!!!! I would recommend Syracuse University is a great place to work in Upstate New York.
Pros
Being able to go to school and become something better than what you are and going to see football
Cons
Sometimes you have to work the weekends which is a real bummer but you got to do what you got to do
Working with International Student
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 20, 2018
Enjoy working with Domestic/International population due to previous experience, Enjoy learning about different culture and how the international population enjoy our culture.
Cons
Education
They are aware of their shortcomings
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 19, 2018
This university is doing their best to accommodate the needs of students with disabilities. However, there are still more to improve disability service within the campus.
university life
Manager of IT Client Services and Support (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 16, 2018
Working in academia is different than in the corporate world.

The hustle in corporate America in not as evident in the university setting, however having worked many years on the corporate front, I felt more comfortable establishing those protocols in my job, for those on my team, and with my subordinates.

This made for a very productive, fast pace environment, where target dates and production line precision made my workplace exciting and productive.

I had implemented a production line for system builds and refurbishment which refined the time it takes to complete a specific project and enhanced cost savings with reusing computers that had issues. Communication is critical in all situations and there was a was strong emphasis on diversity.
Good internship with lots of learning
Summer Internship (Former Employee) –  Onondaga County, NYAugust 9, 2018
A good internship program with intense training on MS Project and Leadership. But most important. Had the opportunity to lead a feasibility study with a local Company in partnership with the University.
I worked in the Carrier Dome
Vending Cashier (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 31, 2018
I worked at the games as a vending cashier. I loved it, I could get some reading done, and when it was time to work, it was fast paced. The vendors that bought beer and soda from the dome to sell to the fans are all characters, I still keep in touch with a few of them. It was a good job to have while I was in school.
Great faculty and staff. A great institution.
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 28, 2018
Great faculty and staff. A great institution. A great place to work and build your experience. Lots of room for growth and opportunity. Great curriculum and diversity of faculty.
Enjoy the students and coworkers
Janitor and Cleaner casher food service (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 24, 2018
I have enjoyed 27 years working for the university. I have worked in various areas . And my skill levels have maxed out what the university can offer. Looking to change and set my life for the new endever.
Solid place to work, great support staff.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 20, 2018
Working as a Research Assistant at Syracuse was a good way to develop my skills, and allowed me the flexibility to accomplish tasks in the way in which I saw fit.

Support staff is super helpful and make things that would be painful at other institutions effortless.
Great place to work when business is up
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 19, 2018
I worked in the bookstore. It was a wonderful place to work. However the bookstore is unfortunately dying in sales and customer traffic. He store is dying. And positions are not being replaced. But it is a wonderful place once you get your foot in the door. I highly recommend this job.
Pros
Discounts. Location. Environment
Cons
Dying place. Few advancement. Closed positions
Typical TA work experience
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 16, 2018
Work life balance was actually positive. It isn't a great deal of work once you get used to prepping for classes, and you have a great deal of control over your classroom.
Office Coordinator
Office Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 12, 2018
I enjoy my work here at Syracuse University. I have the opportunity to become involved in many different aspects of the department. I also enjoy interacting regularly with the students. Unfortunately, there is no room for advancement.
Great
Office/Human Resource Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 4, 2018
It was fun working there. My supervisor was flexible and allowed everyone in the department schedule their own time off. The department employee are friendly and supporting.
I was a Student
Student (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 2, 2018
It's a truly fantastic place to be. Very reputable and cares about the intricacies of what it is to be a exceptional college, but is very expensive. You should consider here.
Supportive work environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 1, 2018
I've felt nothing but supported in the department where I work. That said, workplace culture is to be excellent in all areas and so there is a tendency to overwork. Salaries are somewhat low, but the benefits are excellent.
Great Place to Work
Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 30, 2018
Great place to work with strong team spirit. Lot of opportunities to learn, grow and contribute. Work life balance and amazing employee appreciate program.
Pros
best positive work environment.
Cons
HR well run, immediate supervisor informative
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Various sites in countyJune 30, 2018
Thoroughly enjoy working as a field supervisor. My duties included visiting schools in different districts. The most enjoyable part of the job was in working with the graduate students and helping them improve their skills.
Pros
a real people interactive job
Exciting place to work
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 28, 2018
Would recommend SU to anyone, Syracuse University is one of the best places in Syracuse New York to work. There is a lot of room for advancement. Great workforce and very supportive staff.
Pros
Cons
little to no parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Syracuse University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight