Syracuse University Employee Reviews

Great
Office/Human Resource Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 4, 2018
It was fun working there. My supervisor was flexible and allowed everyone in the department schedule their own time off. The department employee are friendly and supporting.
I was a Student
Student (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 2, 2018
It's a truly fantastic place to be. Very reputable and cares about the intricacies of what it is to be a exceptional college, but is very expensive. You should consider here.
Supportive work environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 1, 2018
I've felt nothing but supported in the department where I work. That said, workplace culture is to be excellent in all areas and so there is a tendency to overwork. Salaries are somewhat low, but the benefits are excellent.
Great Place to Work
Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 30, 2018
Great place to work with strong team spirit. Lot of opportunities to learn, grow and contribute. Work life balance and amazing employee appreciate program.
Pros
best positive work environment.
Cons
HR well run, immediate supervisor informative
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Various sites in countyJune 30, 2018
Thoroughly enjoy working as a field supervisor. My duties included visiting schools in different districts. The most enjoyable part of the job was in working with the graduate students and helping them improve their skills.
Pros
a real people interactive job
Exciting place to work
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 28, 2018
Would recommend SU to anyone, Syracuse University is one of the best places in Syracuse New York to work. There is a lot of room for advancement. Great workforce and very supportive staff.
Pros
Cons
little to no parking
Good benefits
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 22, 2018
Enjoy working here, employees and students enjoyable to work with, and the atmosphere is enjoyable. The worst part of the job is paying for parking and trying to find parking spots.
Review
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 30, 2018
I am enjoying my time in Syracuse. I have been receiving a wonderful education surrounded by excellent people. I have been able to create my own social atmosphere.
Great people to work with
Part Time Consultant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 26, 2018
Great people to work with at SU. The institute, unfortunately, has a strong top-down management style. Even though they ask lower levels of employment input, they seldom act on those inputs.
Great Workplace
Student Supervisor for Facility Operations (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 25, 2018
Staff performed perfectly, breaks were offered, and the environment was always positive. It was managed by a great staff group that new exactly what they were doing.
Student Attorney
Disability Rights Clinic, Student Attorney (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 18, 2018
I handled cases as a student attorney. I leaned how to work with clients and solve their legal issues. I earned credit for this work. It is part of an experiential leaning component of the curriculum.
Brief employment
Paraprofessional Educator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 17, 2018
It was an interesting place to work. Very unorganized and not collaborative in any way. My supervisor was not appreciative of my assertiveness, and willingness to work harder than most. Therefore, we were not a fit.
Pros
Hour flexibility
Cons
Supervisor
Productive and fun
Event and Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 16, 2018
This is a team based job with multiple flexible hours for varied events, all coworkers are friendly and ages range from 20-40y/o. A typical day would start by waiting for coworkers to arrive, working together to set up events. The shifts ranging from 2-8 hours. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to successfully and productivly work with a team of people. We also could attent some of the events- such as an event for the famous actor James Franco. It was an positive experience working with everyone there.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Labor for some long hours
Good
Campaign Advisor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 14, 2018
It was good. It was part time. My boss was nice. My co workers were nice. I got paid weekly. It was a relaxed work environment. I learned a lot that I am able to put on my resume.
Ok work place politics with in ar out of hand no advancement uses you know someone
HVAC Technician/mechanic (Current Employee) –  Syracuse University Syracuse nyMay 8, 2018
Was a great place to work in until they made changes if it makes sense they won’t do it they waste a lot money on nonsense and micromanagement feels like they want to start out sorceing in many departments the place is starting to update the equipment with minimal and selective training The best part of the job is your coworkers are fairly good to work with have a good time working with them but management sucks and if you know a lot they do nothing with you
Pros
Free education that’s a big one and good retirement and good healthcare
Cons
Not much advancement pushing out older workers that have a lot of exsperiance and knowkage
Simple job
Residential Security Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 1, 2018
This job is relatively simple, you just sign people in at the dorms after hours. Very relaxed environment. You are allowed to surf the web, complete homework, and listen to music at post.
Managers would give as many opportunities as they can
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 24, 2018
Good places to have various experiences and opportunities as long as you want to learn something in your professional area. Coworkers are also very competitive. This is cultural diverse working place.
Great Family Feeling with Great benefits
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 22, 2018
I love the bookstore, it's definitely a family environment with great benefits. But there are no ways in which to advance and if you don't have your foot in the full time door it can be beyond difficult to do so.
Pros
family feeling, fast paced
Cons
short breaks, no room for advancement
trabajo soñado
Asistente Graduado, Programa (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 17, 2018
Universidad con un gran sentido de desarrollo de conocimientos y multiculturalidad. Respeto por las diferentes tradiciones y tolerancia.
Pros
seguro medico, excelente ambiente y entorno, ciudad fantastica
Cons
tiempo limitado
Productive and collaborative
Sustainability Intern (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 17, 2018
Thanks Sustainability Management Office of Syracuse University faciliates a collaborative work environment. There is an emphasis on group/office goals accomplished either individually or together.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Syracuse University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight