Sysco Guest Supply Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Worked for 6 hours and was never trained by supervisor then I was let go
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 22, 2018
I was really looking forward to working for the Company and growing with it. But there was a supervisor and he suggested to me that if i can’t work fast i should probably look for another job. And this is only after working 6 and a half hours( i was still learning). Then about 30 min after that i was let go

But besides that the ladies in the office were very nice and always gave you a greeting
Pros
From what little experience i had the warehouse workers were helpful
Cons
I wasn’t given an orientation and i had to ask staff employees when to go on break, take lunch, and go home
boring strange people
Warehouse Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sayreville, NJDecember 11, 2017
very strange place to work. People keep to themselves.
not much advancement and so corporate that everyone is just a number here. not much recognition
Production line
Warehouse Stocker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2017
A typical day at work includes making sure all the shelves are stocked in a neat manor. Making sure all the trucks are loaded and ready to get shipped out to many different places. Make sure the warehouse is clean and make sure the safety rules and guidelines are being followed.
Sysco Guest Supply has been a great experience.
INSIDE SALES TERRITORY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 24, 2017
Sysco Guest Supply has been a great experience. A typical day is very busy which I love. The most enjoyable part of my job are my customers. I can't say enough about the CEO of Guest Supply he is truly a genuine kindhearted person that is very approachable and open to new ideas.
Not a good place to work if you are in finance
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJOctober 5, 2017
If you want a job in marketing or sales then Guest Supply is probably a good place to work but if you are in finance stay away.
The annual raise is 1.75% and if the company performs well compared to the financial plan (budget) then you can get up to a 3% bonus.
Good place to work. A lot of tenured people work there,
Director of Operations-Northeast Region (Former Employee) –  Sayreville, NJ 08872September 21, 2017
A typical day for management is 10 to12 hours. Very fast paced environment. Workplace culture is good with a lot of tenured people with a wealth of experience
lots of freedom
TERRITORY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed my customers and the relationships I made. It is 100% comission so you have to work hard. Benefits are fair and PTO is also very good. The travel can get old
Pros
Freedom
Cons
100% commission
Productive and good work experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GASeptember 1, 2017
Very great place to work good pay.great opportunity to learn and be competitive .Sysco haves great staffing and is a nice and friendly environment ..great pay
Great company to grow with
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sayreville, NJJuly 28, 2017
Fast pace quick thinking manipulate work force to provide excellent customer service. Multi task to to complete issues in a timely manner.
As part of management I had to provide units received and shipped on a daily basis to my superior. Management always provided the resources needed to make my job much easier then appeared.
We hired many associates of different cultures.
When one enjoys their job finding a hard part of your job is difficult.
When speaking with customers and you fulfill their requests and they praise you and thank you for supplying their goods in a timely manner there is not a better feeling.
Pros
Able to complete tasks at the end of the day in a timely manner.
Cons
System and telephone down time.
I enjoyed working as my own boss to earn a good living
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJJune 29, 2017
This was a position that was 100% commission, allowing an individual to earn as much as he or she was capable of. My typical day of work would start at 6 AM and would typically end at 5. I learned the ins and out of the lodging industry, and applied my previous skills to earn a good living.

We had very knowledgeable management, but they probably should have spent more time in the field. I hear that this has improved today.

The hardest part of the job was the amount of time behind the wheel of my car, instead of being with my customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships that I developed with my customers, especially in the Indian community, along with their loyalty to me. I remain friends with two of my co-workers and even after being gone for 10 years, they tell me that my former customers still ask about me.
I would never work for them again.
Swing reach operator (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJune 25, 2017
This company doesn't care about anything other than numbers. If you are a good, hard worker, someone who gets things done and self-motivated they will take advantage of you. Work 60+-hours/week for months on end, and then as soon as you need some time off because you are sick you will be terminated. They don't care if you have a family, there is no such thing as work-life balance when you work for this company.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
they don't care about their employees, only care about numbers
Good money but hard job
Lumper service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 1, 2017
The job was harbor good paying and I worked there for four years and didn't receive no table ovaries and did most of the work while most of the people of slacked off in the money wasn't that good anyway so I just decided to quit
Pros
Money
Cons
Wasn't professional
Very Flexible to work for
INVENTORY CONTROL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Sayreville, NJ , Orlando, FLApril 28, 2017
I love working here nothing is ever the same. Every situation is different and requires lots of thinking and analyzing to retrieve the best solution to the problem at hand.
Pros
Time
Cons
Salary
Very Relaxed Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2017
Great place to work for someone getting their feet wet in the work force.

You don't have to worry about been micro managed.

This is a kid friendly place to work.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good benefits
AR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJApril 12, 2017
Good benefits and aware of family and live events.

Good mix of people, training is limited and a lot of new hires are temps for over 12 month periods
No loyalty to long term employees
Office Manager/ Sales Support / Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXFebruary 20, 2017
If you're looking for a company who does not respect, value or have loyalty to their employees - then this is the place for you.
Pros
Good benefits - Vision Plan is top notch
Cons
Complete & utter lack of the above mentioned
Excellent organization to work in
Outside sales/ Territory management (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 12, 2017
If you are hard working, quick on your feet, flexible, willing to learn and motivated by being the best then this is the right selling organization for you.Culture and being in the right place @ the right times is extremely helpful. I highly recommend this company for all!
Pros
great income, freedom and flexibilty
Cons
sometimes there are politics but you will find that eveywhere you go, must adapt
Strong Team Productivitiy
Textile Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJMay 19, 2016
Being part of the marketing department meant working hand-in-hand with many other departments, design/graphic design, product development, buyers, sales representatives, e-commerce, and brand account managers to name a few. A typical day requires reviewing e-mails, following up with any current project status and keeping the project on track, developing new product collateral, reviewing new developing products and creating a marketing strategy for the new products. My managers were always requesting updates on projects and giving direction on projects. They were very supportive and always stride to build my experience as a product marketing associate. My co-workers were the very best, there was very much a team mentality and helping each other with any and all marketing projects. The hardest part of the job was the very short time lines to complete marketing projects, so time management was critical. The most enjoyable part of the job was the traveling and marketing events. I enjoyed traveling to marketing events and participating in those events.
Pros
Marketing Events
Cons
Short Project Time Lines
Very Qualified Staff. Just a long commute for me.
Purchasing Buyer/Planner-Textiles (Current Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJFebruary 4, 2016
The management are very good to the employees leading to a very team centered environment.

A typical work day have us analyzing items to order, placing new orders and monitoring all orders in production/transit.

My coworkers are all very competent and willing to take on new tasks with enthusiasm.

The hardest part of the job is the commute; it has turned out to be very bad in rush hour and my family doesn't get me home until fairly late in the evening. That's why I've started looking again.

It is a very positive work environment with management to support staff putting in a lot of effort to do a great job.
Pros
Team building activities that are very generous
Cons
Commute
Territory Manager
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 16, 2015
I enjoyed my role at Sysco Guest Supply and enjoyed building my territory and growing it and partnering with my customers in the success of their business.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Travel Time to My Territory