Sysco Employee Reviews

A very challenging career.
Sales/Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2018
I have a lot to be thankful for when it comes to my growth and development, working as a Marketing Associate for Sysco Foods. They have helped me become an all rounded sales consultant / sales representative. Sysco has made it possible for me to be successful in this fast paced, quickly changing, technical world which we live in. The amount of knowledge that I have acquired working here is endless. Even though a balance in work and a home life seemed to be very challenging at times, I am grateful for having been given the opportunity to have worked for this Fortune 50 company. I enjoyed the interaction with my customers and building relationships. I also enjoyed creating needs which helped grow both my customers business and my own.
Pros
The opportunity to give myself a raise each and everyday.
Cons
The endless amount of competitors in this industry.
Great place to work at
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 21, 2018
Order selector quick pace 3 different bays to order select from refrigerator dry and freezer area pallet jack operator scanners for product at performance
Pros
good money
Cons
Errors
Great place to start!
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WIMay 21, 2018
Great place to learn the ins and outs of the food industry! Meet with with customers daily and sell and take orders for food purchases Mostly restaurants and institutions.
Sysco a great company to work for, lot of awards, and advancement.
Marketing Salesman (Former Employee) –  Marketing salesman.May 20, 2018
Sales through Sysco I achieve numerous awards, won several trips through sales, archive awards such as Salesman of the year, maintain awards each year for making the 3 million dollars award and up in sales.
Pros
Won a lot of achievement, of trips, numerous award's.
tuff job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 19, 2018
Work out!!! this job is not for a lazy man!! this job makes you use every muscle ,if your lazy..fat.. this is not for you. You have to be fit and understand that if your not quit before you even fill out the application
Pros
pay
Cons
long days
Forklift Mechanic/Material Handling Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMay 15, 2018
Great company to work for. Pay isn't that great. Always giving you free food. Nice guys to work with. The only bad thing was the pay wasn't that great.
Pros
Relaxed shop
Cons
Pay scale
Job was ok
Market Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ILMay 15, 2018
The company is great. But some managers did not provide their staff what the needed. The job it's self was fun, really like it. Would work in this kind of job again.
Pros
Kind of your own boss
Cons
Drive your own car, didn't get paid mileage
I love my job
Transportation/Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 15, 2018
There just isnt much room for growth.

I am very hungry for more and to become more here.

I have been here for over a year and if I cannot advance in my department then I will advance in other areas of my expertise.
Great Place
Manager, Supply Management (Supply Chain Manager) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2018
In my environment, it is the best place to work. I work with a great team and my bosses are awesome. I have learned a great deal surrounding food services and the logistics moving in that industry.
Pros
Environment, team, work responsiblities
Cons
Matrix organization some times can be challenging with working with other people.
good money
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, CAMay 14, 2018
sysco food is very good for a person looking to go in and work independently getting your job done and going home. very competitive wages, but have to be prepared to work the hours.
They call it constant change but it is really constant chaos and stress
Accountant I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2018
In general, not a good company to work for. Constant changes to daily workflows and workload. Senior management says the only thing constant is change. It's a euphemism for ineffective, weak, and almost whimsical decisions made by a poor leadership team that has created no end of stress and chaos for the staff that they lead. In order to get promoted, you have to apply for the one or two slots available with a department of 100 people as the company doesn't want to pay higher salaries.
Pros
short commute, nice office
Cons
expensive medical, constant policy and procedural changes
Simply the best
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2018
Sysco was a fantastic career for me and it is a big shame that I left to join a startup for which at the time, thought was a great opportunity. Unfortunately things did not work out and I regret ever leaving Sysco. They tried hard to keep me but I made the decision to move at the time.

I would go back to Sysco in a heartbeat if the opportunity every arose for me to do so.
changes are constant
Accountant III (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 10, 2018
Management and policies change constantly in the past few years. Employee Benefit has been reduced in the pass few years.
Very politic, which makes it hard to advance in career within the company.
Challenging position that can be rewarding
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 9, 2018
Always working. No real days off unless you take vacation days. Constant issues with transportation and fending off other companies that come in and drive prices down.
Pros
Good pay and Benefits
Cons
No work life balance
company needs changes good manager a plus
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WIMay 9, 2018
great pay at loss for life outside of work. over worked at fast pace with expected high performance with high injury job duties error are able validate and new employee have longest wait to climb the ladder with this company better for young single ppl. not many African american employee
Day mechanic and midday mechanic lazy and force work off on night mechanics
MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  DesPlaines,ILMay 9, 2018
No management there are 2 mechanics stealing time and not pulling there load.the work place is not healthy.the personal are rude and disrespectful.lack of comunication
Pros
benifts
Cons
bad leadership
No leadership & worse management
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTMay 8, 2018
I have never worked for a company that literally makes the schedule up as they go. Realize that when the change the schedule for one person on one side of the state it will ripple through and change 5 to 10 more peoples schedule for the week. This company feels a lot of pressure from corporate to keep cost down (employees) so they run with the very minimal number of workers. I have been lied to multiple times just so I would cover other schedules, management is really lacking. Employees literally throwing up in/out the back of the trailers and asked to keep working. Hurt, sick, family emergence, it doesn’t mater. They don’t have the extra employees to cover and won’t hire them. Almost all the high up management is in the late 50’s or 60’s and on there way out, basically doing bare minimum on the moral front for the guys, its pretty sad. In recent month it has been a struggle for them to even hire local drivers because there reputation is getting to be so bad. So if you don’t have kids or a family that you like to spend consistent time with you will be fine here.
Wonderful company
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Calera, ALMay 7, 2018
Sysco is a great company to work for. The benefits are great and the 401k plan is like no other. You are going to work alot of hours. The pay is pretty good
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great company
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 2, 2018
I worked for many years at Sysco and while I was there, they offered continuous training from top leadership all the way down to frontline supervisors. They promote from within so they always build the bench strength.
Pros
good work culture
Cons
Once you leave, you don't get hired back unless your in sales.
overall good place to work
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 30, 2018
fast paced
high energy
a lot of moving pieces
has all the benefits of BIG company
has all the drawbacks of a BIG company
good pay
employee stock purchase program is fantastic
Pros
good benefit programs
Cons
no expense accounts for MA's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sysco. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

62out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sysco.