Sysco

Sysco Employee Reviews

United States3,485 reviews
Found 3,485 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Sysco selected this as a representative review
Recommend
I would highly recommend working for this company. It is great pay and benefits. It is fast paced and you also have a chance to make extra money on your paycheck.
February 11, 2019
We appreciate the kind words! At Sysco, we’re committed to doing the right things, and we’re so happy that you enjoyed your career with us.
Great company
Good Company to work for. Flexible. Need to be growing constantly, company always is. Benefits are great with 401k match. High pressure to hit sales mark.
May 29, 2020
We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your time working for Sysco. Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback and we wish you luck with your future endeavors!
Fantastic career
Absolutely loved working at Sysco. Was there for 3 years before the covid hit and I got furloughed. I have not one bad thing to say about the company. Yeah it’s hard work but I was extremely well compensated and had a fantastic management team. Sysco of East Texas is a fantastic place to work. I’ve relocated to Georgia but if not I was planning on retiring from there absolutely loved working there.
May 29, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed and valued your time at Sysco. We appreciate your contributions to the company and we wish you the best of luck in the future!
Fresh Point Produce Company
Customer Service on phone was most of my activity as I was just starting out. I was getting to know the business and willing to learn more so I may move up in the company. Company was owned by Sysco.
May 29, 2020
At Sysco, we’re constantly striving to be the best employer possible. Your feedback helps us to do that! Thank you for your review.
No work life balance
65+ hours a week. No life , but they get you a check. At least 80k a year. Good training program. They will take a driver straight out of school. So that's always good. They get you comfortable behind the wheel of a semi. Great co-workers.
Pros
Money
Cons
No life
May 28, 2020
We appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review. Sysco knows that work/life balance is important to our associates. While we’re sorry that your position on our team isn't adequately meeting your needs, your feedback helps us as we continue to improve in this area.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Steer clear
Work is HARD but pay is great. Benefits are great. NO communication between upper management or dispatch to employees. Company is poorly ran by upper management. No work/ life unless you run yourself to death to get off early( 10 to 12 hour shift). UNION company but don't have to opt in, you should if you like the job otherwise they'll find a way to fire you for small things.
May 26, 2020
We appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review. Sysco knows that work/life balance is important to our associates. While we’re sorry that your position on our team didn’t adequately meet your needs, your feedback helps us as we continue to improve in this area.
N/a
Great company to work at and provided a lot of innovation for a new engineering intern. I was able to use my creative skills to provide a training platform for new and old technicians.
May 26, 2020
At Sysco, we’re constantly striving to be the best employer possible. Your feedback helps us to do that! Thank you for your kind words.
too many titles not really pulling their weight
Great overall experience. Had excellent manager with knowledge and experience. Individual achievements and team achievements fully recognized and rewarded
May 26, 2020
We appreciate your positive review of our management at Sysco. We know that the best leaders make for the best employees, and your feedback helps us improve across the board.
Bad!!! Terrible Managment they care more about there socks then the employees.
Bad night Managers even worse during the day. The beatings will continue tell moral improves. That's what they should say on the trucks.

Go work at a snake pit you will get treated better. ALL other Sysco places are good I will be speaking of 3. Poway one should fire all Management.
Pros
you get paid
Cons
all else
May 26, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.
Severe Covid 19 Effects
This was a good job Pre-COVID 19 if you like selling into the foodservice world.

Day one our pay was cut 25% with no plan on how to make us whole again in the future.

The drive to service the customer was replaced by a drive to find revenue at any possible cost and venue.

The problem is that while searching for new customers, the existing customers are being shorted product and time from the service departments.

Super long hours 7 am or earlier start time, and I often find myself working at 11 pm "just wrapping things up for tomorrow"

WAY TO MANY MEETINGS AND "TRAINING SESSION"

none of the current support technology works well together
May 26, 2020
We appreciate that you took the time to leave a review. We take all viewpoints into consideration. We are committed to providing our associates with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package.
Was a good company 19 yrs ago, now it sucks.
Sysco at one time was a great place to work.. it's now the devil and crew house. You work to make a good life, and management work make your life hard...
Pros
Cons
Management a mess!! smh
May 26, 2020
We appreciate your feedback. Sysco aims to provide the best management and support possible for our associates, and we take your feedback seriously. We encourage you to reach out to us at 877-777-4020 so that we can directly address your concerns.
Good ole boys club
If you are not from the preferred group little help will be given to you. There is a clear agenda at this opco of keeping it a certain way and if you push for change or try and help things adjust to how business should be ran you will get little help.
May 26, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Sysco associates are the reason why we have become the world’s foodservice distribution leader. We are committed to continuous improvement while upholding our Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct. We take your feedback seriously and welcome you to call us at 877-777-4020 so that we may obtain greater detail regarding your concerns.
great place to work
great place to work not a lot of growth opportunity unless you want to work in sales or be an account manger or sales associate otherwise it would just be customer service
May 20, 2020
great customers who become your friends as you see them over and over again weekly. Love meeting new people, learning about different kind of food. Pleasant to work with the group of coworkers I had at Sysco. my boss was excellent and very helpful.
May 20, 2020
Athletic and driven you will do fine.
The job is very fast pace. It’s a good opportunity to make good money and have a secure job unfortunately I didn’t make it cause I wasn’t in the best shape accuracies is a must also if you can stack and select order in minutes without losing a breathe your gonna go far. No matter what good attitude gets you a long way don’t waste their time they won’t waste yours
Indy Opco (Sysco)
Indy opco is all about the Political game. They claim to put Diversity first, while doing their best to blatantly make anyone without the "Correct" skin color feel out of place. They hire other ethnicities ( for lawsuit purposes), while also behind the scence plotting on how to get them to fire themselves (or quit). This Opco pays well, but has no sense of humanity.
May 21, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we value all feedback. One of our critical values is supporting and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment that engages and enables our team members. We are disappointed to hear your viewpoint and strongly encourage you to contact us via our confidential hotline at 877-777-4020 so we can better understand your experience at Sysco and may take appropriate action if necessary.
Lacking Integrity
Definitely a well known name yet not known for ethical treatment of employees or customers. My time here served it's purpose yet gave me an unwanted look into what a complete lack of integrity from the top down looks like.
Overall a Good Company
Work/life balance is fair depending on what department you work in.

Compensation is well above average.

The managers do care about you and strongly promote taking time off for yourself.
May 20, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at Sysco. We understand how important it is to maintain balance and we’re glad that you’ve found that balance with us!
Good people
Good co workers. Clean environments. Management not good. Management picks there winners and losers. Terrible leadership. VP of sales is not good. He playes favorites. Middle management is poor at best. There is no clear direction where company is heading.
Innovative
Sysco may not always be the first when it comes to innovation but always ends up being the best. Good work life balance. Leadership is invested in you until it may effect them possibly. The good of the shareholder is always at the for front
Only Care about Favoritism
In the department I was in they didn't value hard work, only their favorites which didn't make it a diverse or inclusive environment, which is in the values.
May 20, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sysco. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K
2.9
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight