Sysco

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Recommend

Featured review

Sysco selected this as a representative review
I would highly recommend working for this company. It is great pay and benefits. It is fast paced and you also have a chance to make extra money on your paycheck.

February 11, 2019
We appreciate the kind words! At Sysco, we’re committed to doing the right things, and we’re so happy that you enjoyed your career with us.

A lot of work

It’s not a bad job you’ll make plenty of money. You just never know when you will be off.and don’t expect a consistent route for a good while . Oh and you’re working saturdays .

May 23, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate all of the time and energy our associates put into working for Sysco, and we take your feedback seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to leadership so that your specific concerns could be addressed.

It’s okay

You have a lot of control over everything except pay and how quick you’re getting there. Other than that it was easy to take up any problems or request off/parental leave

Pros

Pay retirement benefits etc

Cons

No food card

May 23, 2022
We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your time working for Sysco. Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback and we wish you luck with your future endeavors!

Can

Fun to see your friends from here now and see if they are available for the next year or so maybe if they will be able and all the you ladies will have a great job

Pros

Did

Cons

Ccrn

May 23, 2022

Great pay good management, dirty warehouse, old equipment, crowded

Pay is good and management was pretty cool. The cons is the night shift,long hours, and dirty crowded warehouse and old equipment. The Order selectors work night shift and the hours are long.

Pros

great incentive pay

Cons

Old equipment, dirty crowded.

May 20, 2022

Company openly does not care about its employees

I have been with Sysco for almost 4yrs, and I have seen everything within this company. Drivers are underpaid and undervalued. Company sets a division between warehouse employees and drivers. Routing does not make sense as well as decision making by top management. And equipements are poorly maintained, lots of truck breakdown.

May 20, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.

Good place to make some money!

It's not an easy job, but if you do it without complaining you'll get along fine. The pay is there, benefits are there, and equipment is there. Most negative reviews are from disgruntled employees. Not the ones that come in, get their route, keep their mouth shut and do the job. It's simple. Work. Get paid.

Pros

Free breakfast. A lot of "swag". Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Work through lunch

May 20, 2022
Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Sysco works to make sure each associate is appropriately rewarded for their hard work and dedication to our company. Sysco values you and your efforts to help us fulfill our Vision to be our customer’s most valued and trusted business partner!

Pay was ok

Pay was good they barely train and you wont have a outside life so kiss your kids and relationship goodbye. And the managers(MICHA) were rude they had favorites, and if you wasnt a favorite you was either over worked you or kept you in the freezer.

May 20, 2022
At Sysco, we value all feedback, negative or positive. We are sorry that you did not find our training resources adequate, and appreciate all feedback you’ve provided that will help us to better deliver for our customers and our associates. Thank you for taking the time to provide your input.

High production standards and pressure from management

Not a great place to work. There is a very high turnover rate. I’ve seen hundreds of employees come and go over the course of 10 years, due to the fact that you work nights and they break you with huge workloads. This job isn’t for everyone. You must be in shape and ready to get after it every night. Pay isn’t great for the work you do. Many employees have a second job. Management only cares about numbers, your well being does not matter. At one point it was a good company but it has drastically gone down hill. If your young, strong and have no personal life then this job is for you.

May 20, 2022
We appreciate your feedback. Sysco aims to provide the best management and support possible for our associates, and we take your feedback seriously. We encourage you to reach out to us at 877-777-4020 so that we can directly address your concerns.

Excellent management team! Dedicated team of professionals helping to feed the world

As a manager you normally see different things everyday at a warehouse environment. Here at Sysco there is consistency in operations, maintenance and safety. The managers and directors are involved in the daily work and are excellent sources of information for employees. I have enjoyed the 3 years here and would recommend this facility for people who are career minded and ready to work.

Pros

Excellent benefits and bonus potentials, promotion opportunities and career advancement

May 19, 2022
We appreciate your positive review of our management at Sysco. We know that the best leaders make for the best employees, and your feedback helps us improve across the board.

No work ethics

No loyalty or reward for past accomplishments No time to adjust from transferring inLack of clear management Over all supervisor was a tool Nothing like working on west coast

May 18, 2022

Super lame

Hard work.Very good money but your on your own.they don't respect you.they dont care about you or your family and will fire you no matter how many years or hours you work for them.get your bag and keep it movin.

May 17, 2022

Good company

It’s a good company to work for. Many have retired here. I have no complaints for my department’s management or leadership. In my experience, they have been very supportive and appreciative of their employees. My only overall complaint is the compensation. You’ll need to negotiate before accepting your offer or apply internally for advancement opportunities, and there are many opportunities offered.

Pros

Wfh, flexibility

Cons

More workload, not enough compensation

May 16, 2022
Thanks for sharing your feedback about what it’s like to be a member of the Sysco team. We strive for excellence as we help our customers succeed. Keep up the good work!

Pay

The pay is okay but they promised a bonus check and I still haven’t received it. Others have gotten theirs and all I have been told is wait another week. For the last two weeks. It’s seems like false advertising to get more people to work for the company. The more and more come in but less people are gettin paid their full amounts. They don’t really care about the employees just the body of the person their compensating. Meaning the employees have no life out side of work. Your body belongs to Sysco and they can do what the see fit.

Benefits

Cons

Lies about sign on bonus. Mangers joke about firing you everyday

May 13, 2022

Great company but moving more and more towards eliminating the in person relationship building

Great company. Constantly training employees but work/life balance is challenging. Customers want you to be available 24/7 or they will go elsewhere. You can never go home and put it away.

May 12, 2022
We appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review. Sysco knows that work/life balance is important to our associates. While we’re sorry that your position on our team didn’t adequately meet your needs, your feedback helps us as we continue to improve in this area. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

No no no

Ruff working environment management will try and force you to do things that are not safe at times like a ramp and if you say your not working in unsafe environment they call it refusing to work so if you fold under the pressure of needing a job and you go out with the load and get hurt you are on your own they don’t care believe me. 10 years these people claim safety safety when it’s really not that at all terrible management company could have been great but there mind set is not to make a better working environment for drivers

May 11, 2022

Get ready to be abused by management

At first I was excited to work for Sysco, I had related job experience so I had a fairly accurate idea of what the job would be like.The issues crept up slowly at first, and at first I was willing to overlook things. But as time went on it quickly became apparent that issues weren’t taken seriously and concerns were hushed away by management saying things like “That’s just how it is sometimes.”I drove truck for the company and delivered product to customers. The trucks were, without fail, loaded poorly every single shift. It was a constant battle with the time they allotted for each delivery, to dig unfamiliar cases out of the depths of a pallet. They care little for loading product in such a way that it will be easily accessible to the drivers. Not only that but product was constantly loaded damaged and left to the drivers to clean up and deal with customers upset that product was missing.The tractors were not well taken care of, and issues that I would write up would often take a week or more to be addressed. I wrote up a bad trailer tire and the next day had the same trailer assigned to me, which had not been fixed.Your time won’t be respected.Your safety won’t be respected.Your concerns won’t be heard.Your family time will be nonexistent.There were so many more issues, but the safety issues were the biggest reason for me leaving the company. I would urge anyone reading this to consider not applying for this company.

May 10, 2022

Tough to say

The Sysco company as a whole is a good company. But this certain location the management will hold you down if they don't like you won't turn your back on safety.

Pros

To much back stabbing to be any pros

Cons

2 faced management. They can break the rules but you cant.

May 9, 2022

Great place for fast money not so great long term.

I’ve enjoyed the job for my time being there, you’ll have a lot of great co workers around but the long hours and stressful days can’t make up for the job anymore. Good company just needs help in the office. Hard work but great pay, I’m finally deciding my health is more important than running a ramp.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Breaks non existent and management

May 5, 2022
At Sysco, we’re constantly striving to be the best employer possible. Your feedback helps us to do that! Thank you for your kind words.

Fleet was the department everyone forgets about but HR would try to Include us as much as they can

its a place that need alot of improvement the pay is cents on the dollars per cost of living only if you are a driver will you be satisfied but place has a lot of potentiol

May 4, 2022

Productive order selector

Very hard work and lots of hours but can make very good money by doing alot of overtime and picking incentives also good benefits and union benefits as well

May 4, 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sysco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Sysco with

• Sysco
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?