Sysco Employee Reviews

You're completely expendable!
Outbound Order Selector/Outbound Loader (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 19, 2018
The management has a "good 'ol boy club". I was a freezer selector, one of the top in the warehouse. The minute I spoke up I had a target on my back, dispite great performance. The environment is very cut throat and everyone there is very selfish since your prefomace determined your pay. The way their percentage works and the layout of the warehouse it's easy to get a drop in pay. Be ready to work breaks cheat the system, just don't say anything!
Pros
Pay *depending on performance*
Cons
Management, Work through breaks, cut throat, c good 'ol boys clubc
October 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.

Not the best
Depal Operator/ Lift Driver/ Unloader (Former Employee) –  Alachua, FLOctober 17, 2018
Sysco did not care about anyone as an employee. You were strictly a dollar sign. When they lost their possible buy out of another company they started getting really bad.
October 17, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We realize that while we work hard to provide a positive and inclusive work environment, it may not be the right fit for everyone. We wish you the best.

Over Worked and Under Paid
Management (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 17, 2018
In a nutshell you will be told one thing but be forced to do another. This is from hours (you will work 60 to 70+hours), job duties (told one thing but piles of other work will be added even if it should be or is someone else's responsibility) to composition (told one thing but in reality it's another) lawsuit waiting to happen...good luck!
Pros
So much potential
Cons
Lack of pay and vacation
October 17, 2018

We appreciate that you took the time to leave a review. We take all viewpoints into consideration. We are committed to providing our associates with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package. If you haven’t already, we hope you will take the time to share the specifics of your feedback in a way that will enable leadership to act on your concerns.

Productive and Fast Pace
Senior Mail Clerk III (Fulltime) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2018
Great company , Loved to work there , Great People , loved doing mail there and meeting new people , Customer service was also great . Hate I had to moved so far away from the main building .
Pros
1 Hour Lunch
Cons
N/a
October 17, 2018

We appreciate the kind words! At Sysco, we’re committed to doing the right things, and we’re so happy that you enjoyed your career with us. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Do not recommend.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Selma, NCOctober 16, 2018
Management horrible. Dies not set a good example for employees. Very uncomfortable work environment. So very stressful. No team flow. Poor training. Work environment very loud for position to be performed affectively.
October 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Sysco associates are the reason why we have become the world’s foodservice distribution leader. We are committed to continuous improvement while upholding our Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct. We take your feedback seriously and welcome you to call us at 877-777-4020 so that we may obtain greater detail regarding your concerns.

Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Warners, NYOctober 16, 2018
Great place to work. Enjoyed the interaction with all departments, challenging and fun work and getting to try new foods all the time. Learned something new every day.
October 17, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about what it’s like to be a member of the Sysco team. We strive for excellence as we help our customers succeed. We wish you the very best in the future!

Prepare yourself
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 16, 2018
Mentally nd physically otherwise it'll destroy you and they don't train you properly so you gotta make it on your own they don't care trust me so jus
Pros
Fitness
Cons
The environment works against you
October 17, 2018

Thank you for the feedback regarding what it’s like to work at Sysco. We realize that while we work hard to provide a positive and inclusive work environment, it may not be the right fit for everyone. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

Don't care about Sales Associates
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 14, 2018
Company is moving everything online, with the hopes of diminishing their sales force. No raises, holidays or vacation. Very low pay for what you do. Management only looks at negatives.
October 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We take all viewpoints into consideration. We are committed to providing our associates with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. If you haven’t already, we hope you will take the time to share the specifics of your feedback in a way that will enable leadership to act on your concerns.

Good place to work, some positions are stressful.
Category Planner I (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 14, 2018
A good place to work. The company provides excellent befits and compensation. The environment is good, sometimes a little stressful. The people are easy to get along with.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Not enough hours in a day
October 15, 2018

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Sysco works to make sure each associate is appropriately rewarded for their hard work and dedication to our company. Sysco values you and your efforts to help us fulfill our Vision to be our customer’s most valued and trusted business partner!

Good company with questionable leadership
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 14, 2018
The company and the job itself is good and pay/benefits are great but management could careless about the employees. Turnover is atrocious and drivers are treated very poorly. Management does not listen to recommendations or your needs, they don't follow up on issues you bring to their attention, and most of all do not hold anyone accountable for their action's so people do whatever they want. Until these things along with the favoritism changes this at this location it will be a mediocre company. They have failed to adapt to todays workforce thus the high turnover. You cant just throw money at people anymore and treat them poorly, they need and expect more.
October 15, 2018

We appreciate that you took the time to leave a review.

Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Selma, NCOctober 14, 2018
Good place to work. Have a lot of good benefits. Steady pace work environment. Work hours are good. Convenient location for travel. Good portal to receive and update information.
October 15, 2018

We appreciate the kind words! Thanks for sharing your feedback about what it’s like to be a member of the Sysco team. We are committed to doing the right things, and we’re so happy that you are enjoying your career with us.

Sysco's profits go up and commissions down
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2018
overall i think sysco is a good company. they are the biggest mainline food service distribution company and for some reason the most expensive. i didnt feel like we purchased correctly and put too much equity on items.
in 8 years they have changed pay plans 4 times. each time taking away base and adding to back end bonus incentives.
Pros
freedom
Cons
work load, management
October 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you haven’t had a good experience and hope that you have provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns can be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. If you haven’t already, we hope you will take the time to share the specifics of your feedback in a way that will enable leadership to act on your concerns.

difficult company to work for
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  CTOctober 13, 2018
Honorable company to work for had to resign because of stress level and what they expect from you , they are very deceitful to there customers and employees
October 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Well Compensated
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 12, 2018
The job is not suited for a work / life balance. the demands and goals are lofty. The environment was toxic with office politics at the forefront. The training is excellent allowing an employee to work for competitors successfully.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Sunday Work
October 15, 2018

We appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review. Sysco knows that work/life balance is important to our associates. While we’re sorry that your position on our team didn’t adequately meet your needs, your feedback helps us as we continue to improve in this area. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Great Compnay - great people
Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Helena, ALOctober 12, 2018
Stared at 8 and ended at 5
They wanted you to learn and expand your responsibility and chance of growth.
Great culture and great leadership
Loved the company and the people and the cuastomers.
Pros
Benefits, people and culture
Cons
Ceiling of pay
October 15, 2018

Thank you for providing positive feedback about what it’s like to work at Sysco. We appreciate all that you did, and we’re happy to hear that you enjoyed being a member of the Sysco team.

Hard place to work.
Manager logistics, Supply Chain, Remote (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
fast paced environment. go, go ,go, all the time. need some more balance in the work place. always cutting benefits, eliminating training programs, hard to stay current on important training updates without missing work.
Pros
good people
Cons
no pension plan
October 12, 2018

Productive and fast paced environment
Outbound Selector (Current Employee) –  Tolleson, AZOctober 10, 2018
Good place to work at. Face paced. Good people. Friendly environment. Enjoy the competitive nature of the job. Trained to work in various positions.
October 12, 2018

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your training experience at Sysco! We strive to provide the best resources and development opportunities throughout your career with us and will work hard to make sure your positive experiences continue!

Work Life Balance
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh NCOctober 10, 2018
Great place for a dermined, self motivated individual. Gives you opportunity to work remotely at times. If you can strike up a conversation with anybody, this is for you.
October 12, 2018

We appreciate the kind words! ! At Sysco, we’re committed to doing the right things, and we’re so happy that you are enjoying your career with us.

Fun work place
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 9, 2018
It's a very nice job but there's no advancements in that company to go higher up..... I'm looking for a job that's willing for me to grow into the company
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health care

Its good if you like it
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDOctober 9, 2018
Good place to start and build some foundational aspects of your career. For me, it was a little focused on the wrong thing. Id rather spend more time with clients.
October 10, 2018

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We realize that while we work hard to provide a positive and inclusive work environment, it may not be the right fit for everyone. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sysco. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

62out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sysco.