Sysco Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,093 reviews matching the search See all 2,356 reviews
Forklift Mechanic/Material Handling Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMay 15, 2018
Great company to work for. Pay isn't that great. Always giving you free food. Nice guys to work with. The only bad thing was the pay wasn't that great.
Pros
Relaxed shop
Cons
Pay scale
Job was ok
Market Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ILMay 15, 2018
The company is great. But some managers did not provide their staff what the needed. The job it's self was fun, really like it. Would work in this kind of job again.
Pros
Kind of your own boss
Cons
Drive your own car, didn't get paid mileage
I love my job
Transportation/Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 15, 2018
There just isnt much room for growth.

I am very hungry for more and to become more here.

I have been here for over a year and if I cannot advance in my department then I will advance in other areas of my expertise.
Great Place
Manager, Supply Management (Supply Chain Manager) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2018
In my environment, it is the best place to work. I work with a great team and my bosses are awesome. I have learned a great deal surrounding food services and the logistics moving in that industry.
Pros
Environment, team, work responsiblities
Cons
Matrix organization some times can be challenging with working with other people.
good money
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, CAMay 14, 2018
sysco food is very good for a person looking to go in and work independently getting your job done and going home. very competitive wages, but have to be prepared to work the hours.
They call it constant change but it is really constant chaos and stress
Accountant I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2018
In general, not a good company to work for. Constant changes to daily workflows and workload. Senior management says the only thing constant is change. It's a euphemism for ineffective, weak, and almost whimsical decisions made by a poor leadership team that has created no end of stress and chaos for the staff that they lead. In order to get promoted, you have to apply for the one or two slots available with a department of 100 people as the company doesn't want to pay higher salaries.
Pros
short commute, nice office
Cons
expensive medical, constant policy and procedural changes
Simply the best
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2018
Sysco was a fantastic career for me and it is a big shame that I left to join a startup for which at the time, thought was a great opportunity. Unfortunately things did not work out and I regret ever leaving Sysco. They tried hard to keep me but I made the decision to move at the time.

I would go back to Sysco in a heartbeat if the opportunity every arose for me to do so.
changes are constant
Accountant III (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 10, 2018
Management and policies change constantly in the past few years. Employee Benefit has been reduced in the pass few years.
Very politic, which makes it hard to advance in career within the company.
Challenging position that can be rewarding
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 9, 2018
Always working. No real days off unless you take vacation days. Constant issues with transportation and fending off other companies that come in and drive prices down.
Pros
Good pay and Benefits
Cons
No work life balance
company needs changes good manager a plus
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WIMay 9, 2018
great pay at loss for life outside of work. over worked at fast pace with expected high performance with high injury job duties error are able validate and new employee have longest wait to climb the ladder with this company better for young single ppl. not many African american employee
Day mechanic and midday mechanic lazy and force work off on night mechanics
MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  DesPlaines,ILMay 9, 2018
No management there are 2 mechanics stealing time and not pulling there load.the work place is not healthy.the personal are rude and disrespectful.lack of comunication
Pros
benifts
Cons
bad leadership
No leadership & worse management
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTMay 8, 2018
I have never worked for a company that literally makes the schedule up as they go. Realize that when the change the schedule for one person on one side of the state it will ripple through and change 5 to 10 more peoples schedule for the week. This company feels a lot of pressure from corporate to keep cost down (employees) so they run with the very minimal number of workers. I have been lied to multiple times just so I would cover other schedules, management is really lacking. Employees literally throwing up in/out the back of the trailers and asked to keep working. Hurt, sick, family emergence, it doesn’t mater. They don’t have the extra employees to cover and won’t hire them. Almost all the high up management is in the late 50’s or 60’s and on there way out, basically doing bare minimum on the moral front for the guys, its pretty sad. In recent month it has been a struggle for them to even hire local drivers because there reputation is getting to be so bad. So if you don’t have kids or a family that you like to spend consistent time with you will be fine here.
Wonderful company
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Calera, ALMay 7, 2018
Sysco is a great company to work for. The benefits are great and the 401k plan is like no other. You are going to work alot of hours. The pay is pretty good
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great company
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 2, 2018
I worked for many years at Sysco and while I was there, they offered continuous training from top leadership all the way down to frontline supervisors. They promote from within so they always build the bench strength.
Pros
good work culture
Cons
Once you leave, you don't get hired back unless your in sales.
overall good place to work
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 30, 2018
fast paced
high energy
a lot of moving pieces
has all the benefits of BIG company
has all the drawbacks of a BIG company
good pay
employee stock purchase program is fantastic
Pros
good benefit programs
Cons
no expense accounts for MA's
Work
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Calera, ALApril 30, 2018
I would not recommend this company. Does not give adequate time to develop relationships.
Work week is 6 day’s a week not 5. Direct supervisor never asked how I or my family are. Never felt part of a team at SYSCO in the district I was Last in.
Night selector
Outbound Selector (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAApril 29, 2018
Pay is awesome!!! $15.00 an hour for the first 90 days or until you reach incentive pay of 103%. After 90 days or 100% your base rate is $18.00 an hour. After you reach 103% your pay goes to $24.45 an hour and for every 3% over 103% is an extra $0.50 an hour!! Watch yourself on mispicks, wrong trucks or shorts. That is the fastest way to find yourself on the unemployment line!! So pay and the job depends on your ability to work fast, safe and accurate!! Hours suck 5pm until finished. Friday and Saturday off.
Pros
Great pay and best benifits around
Cons
Hours, management has favorites
Truck Driver Pittsburgh Division
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 27, 2018
Lets just say I strongly recommend looking in another direction for a positive career. This job does provide good health benefits and a pension if you can make it..Your day starts very early AM! You have to Scan all the stickers on the truck and trailer, load a hand cart , do all your paperwork and be out of hub site within 15 mins. Then upon arriving at your first stop, good luck finding all the product . You have to dig , dig, dig cause all pallets are mixed up. The load isn't made to be delivered by each stop, you have to break down and touch every case on the truck. Seperating the product for each stop as you go thru your miserable day. The average route has about 700+ cases and when you first start out, good luck trying to separate cooler, dry and frozen products. Another fun part is digging all the freezer product out of the freezer side door, while standing on the pull out side stairs. then going up and down these steps to load your hand cart multiple times. Then you go to the back of the trailer, pull out the 20 ft steel ramp. Which you will be running up and down all day long, which eventually will ruin your knees. Cause if you want to finish the super long day, you best load the hand cart up. Then you may get done in about 12 hrs, you can only hope. Now you have to run your Butt off, cause you got to pull, push, that hand cart up stairs, down stairs and it just really sucks! Then in every truck theres in cab cameras, which record your every move. If your caught touching any electronic device phone, gps, or whatever. They will Fire you. don't think the union will help  more... at all, cause they wont. The union at Pittsburgh is basically worthless, just like the dysfunctional management. This is not a jab by any means, but the straight honest truth, so I wish you the best if your crazy enough to work for Sysco Foods. There aren't any drivers who will give this company a good review.  less
Long hours culture
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2018
Sysco is a great place to work if you are capable of sustaining the long hours required.

Leadership across functional areas are not aligned, leading to interdepartmental conflict.
Pros
roles available for all job functions
Cons
departments do not work together to achieve overall successful outcome
very hard
Shipping Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2018
very tough place to work management only care about production and not safety. Pay is great but you have to work extremely hard for it if you are a driver or work in the warehouse.
Pros
pay
Cons
hard lack of personal time management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sysco. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight