Sysco Employee Reviews

Found 2,525 reviews matching the search See all 2,832 reviews
Featured review
Sysco selected this as a representative review
Recommend
Selector (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXFebruary 9, 2019
I would highly recommend working for this company. It is great pay and benefits. It is fast paced and you also have a chance to make extra money on your paycheck.
Large public company
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 22, 2019
Ongoing training in sales techniques and product knowledge
Sales motivation programs. Paid vacations up to four weeks per year.
Retirement plans and 401k was available
Pros
Company is financially secure
Cons
Short salary period before moving on to full commission
Secured parking
AZ driver (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONFebruary 21, 2019
U have to use ramp that trailer has to offload the stuff and u bave to roll it to the store by cart a lot of physical work and stress. Menagement is wors same as dispach people they dont care about u they care how many skids they can fit in the trailer and mostly u end up with no safety zone that u can start ur work
Pros
Not to many
Cons
No brakes vacations no personal life
February 22, 2019

Thank you for providing feedback about your experience working at Sysco. We take the safety and welfare of each associate very seriously and strive to provide the safest working conditions possible. We also take your feedback seriously and encourage you to contact us at 877-777-4020 to discuss your concerns in greater detail so that we may take appropriate corrective action.

Hard work all around the board
Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDFebruary 21, 2019
It’s a hard fast paced job but if you can do it it most definitely pays well the benefits are awesome,management isn’t good one bit you will feel like a robot there it’s all go go go to get the job done,you will work a lot of hours every week for sure
Pros
The money in the benefits
Cons
Management sucks
February 22, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Sysco works to make sure each associate is appropriately rewarded for their hard work and dedication to our company. We wish you the very best in the future.

A basketball hoop
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZFebruary 18, 2019
I was at sysco for 18yrs and the more yrs an individual works ther,the more the management tries harder to find reasons to get rid of an individual.there is no open door policy with company.
Pros
Lunch and two 15min breaks
Cons
Poor management, not consistant
February 19, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your 18 years of experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.

Do not apply
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  KansasFebruary 18, 2019
Management is perfectly good at lying. They treat employees as objects. All they care are themselves and numbers. They get rid of employees whenever they want despite of management promises of promotion. And more fantastic thing about being a liar is what they call it as a tactical communication. During my tenure, I know it happens not only in my department but all departments.
Pros
Cons
Full of empty promise
February 19, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Sysco associates are the reason why we have become the world’s foodservice distribution leader. We are committed to continuous improvement while upholding our Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct. We take your feedback seriously and welcome you to call us at 877-777-4020 so that we may obtain greater detail regarding your concerns.

Good working environment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 18, 2019
When I first started I enjoyed working at it cause they paid good and their overtime as well. Friendly and relaxed environment co- workers are very helpful with I need another.
Pros
Realxed work paced
February 19, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We try to create an open, inclusive, collaborative environment that brings out the best in each member of our diverse team! We wish you the very best in the future.

Work hard, earn hard
CDL A Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 17, 2019
Above average pay, but be prepared to work for it. Unless you have about 5+ years senority, you will be delivering to an average of 10 plus stops (that are always changing, despite bidding routes) that are NOT pallet stops. You will move everything in your truck at least twice (average day 800-1200 cases) and deliver with two wheeler up and down flights of stairs, through boston alleys, and into low ceiling storage areas. 99% of the time I did not have a helper.
Made roughly 90k in my first year, so how much do you value your home time and physical activity... that will tell you whether you will survive this job or not.
Pros
good money
Cons
changing routes, 12-14hr days, hand touch almost all freight
February 18, 2019

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Sysco works to make sure each associate is appropriately rewarded for their hard work and dedication to our company. Sysco values you and your efforts to help us fulfill our Vision to be our customer’s most valued and trusted business partner!

Good Learning Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOFebruary 17, 2019
This company is a very fast paced they are a food distributor. I learned so much working for them.

They expect a lot from their employees. A typical day at Sysco is very busy. Taking orders over the phone making sure customers were taken care of at the will call desk
Pros
close to home
Cons
very very fast paced
February 18, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We try to create an open, inclusive, collaborative environment that brings out the best in each member of our diverse team, and can be fast-paced to meet our customers needs. We hope you have success in your future!

Ehhh
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXFebruary 16, 2019
It was ok I suppose. Good place to get experience and it looks good on your resume but they don't personally care for employees. They mainly care about making many and not personally about what the employees think but then again that's how most corporations are.
February 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.

great place to work.
night selector (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 15, 2019
Great company to work for, good pay and great working environment, good benefits. My bosses were fair, I was able to take advantage of plenty of overtime.
February 17, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We try to create an open, inclusive, collaborative environment that brings out the best in each member of our diverse team! We hope you have great success in your future.

A career
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 15, 2019
The best paying job I ever had. Great Benefits. Decent people, fair management. Where I learned the warehouse field. Most of my experience came from this job.
February 17, 2019

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Sysco works to make sure each associate is appropriately rewarded for their hard work and dedication to our company. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 14, 2019
met nic people had to create a market of my own. learning a new state took some time but all was good. Good clients, alot of choices. Training was good
February 17, 2019

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your training and experience at Sysco! We strive to provide the best resources and development opportunities for our employees. Best of luck in your future!

Lots of opportunities for people looking to work in a "Warehouse" & Sales environment
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 14, 2019
Very large Food Service company with lots of opportunities in supply chain and logistics. Good people at all levels throughout the North America and Europe.
Pros
Strong "Customer First" Approach
Cons
Really large company where initiatives may take long to implement
February 17, 2019

We appreciate the kind words! At Sysco, we’re committed to doing the right things, and we’re so happy that you enjoyed your career with us. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

good
Sysco CDL - A Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 13, 2019
Good company to work for, lacks quality leadership. i was a transportation supervisor at this company and had great relationship with everyone under me.
February 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

Management!!! Need new management!!!
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAFebruary 13, 2019
horrible management and they play favoritism to certain guys. long hours. people call out or leave early which leaves the pickers short handed with more work on their plate. also they don’t get punished because they are the teachers pet. must be nice. no energy. no motivation. same old stuff just a different day. no family time. be ready to work 16-17 hr days. i’ve seen it all here. don’t work at the kent location. no fun and very boring and you’ll get worn out. they don’t reward hard work unless you kiss up to them. the snow storm that just happened, yeah i got fired for calling in and guess what, i had enough sick time to cover but they let me go. ain’t that something? if management doesn’t change, this place will suffer.
Pros
money. cool co-workers. union(at times)
Cons
management trash. long hours. always short staff. union(at times)
February 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Laid Off
TRX Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAFebruary 12, 2019
I was recently laid off from the company due to down sizing. I started in May and was told in November that I would be provided a severance package that started in March. Half way through February I was advised that their was a lack of communication and even though they said in November I would be paid (6) weeks severance and (2) weeks of vacation, I would actually be receiving none of that. We were not able to use any time starting in January to look for other jobs (i.e. go to interviews) so with (2) weeks left until the job is complete, I have been left high and dry with only being provided a "we are sorry".
February 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding what it’s like to work at Sysco. We’re disappointed to read that you haven’t had a good experience and hope that you have provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns can be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. If you haven’t already, we hope you will take the time to share the specifics of your feedback in a way that will enable leadership to act on your concerns.

Great Place to work
Collection Manager & TRX Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAFebruary 12, 2019
I have loved working for Sysco. It's the people who drive this and we look out for each other. Others will cover your group when you are out so your desk is covered.
Pros
Company Sponsered Events
Cons
Reducing Staff
February 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about what it’s like to work at Sysco. We agree, our people are fantastic. You are helping us fulfill our Vision to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner! We hope you continue to have a positive experience at Sysco.

It was okay while it lasted
Pallet Sorter (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 12, 2019
I’m a hard worker I will do anything it takes to get the job done. I learned a lot from the experience and was thankful for it. I would hope I have another opportunity to receive a good paying job to provide for me and my family.
February 13, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and we hope you find a great career. We wish you the very best in the future.

Was a contractor and was treated in a professional manner
AIX Administrator (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXFebruary 11, 2019
Was a contractor and was treated in a professional manner. Was there during the SAP implementation that didn't go well. 70% of the IT staff was let go. I had the opportunity to leave before the AXE
hit.
Pros
Good group of people to work with
Cons
Distance to work was 40 miles
February 13, 2019

Thank you for providing feedback about what it’s like to work at Sysco. We appreciate all that you did for us, and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Good Company
Trainee Delivery Driver, Temp (Former Employee) –  Mounds View, MNFebruary 11, 2019
Its a good company to work for,good pay good benefits, no complains but i quit because it was not for me. I move on and I will find something else. Its ok
February 12, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We wish you the very best in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sysco. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.2Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss