Sysco Employee Reviews

Found 2,418 reviews matching the search See all 2,715 reviews
Sysco is a good company
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 12, 2018
My job is being outsourced, with Sysco. While I do not agree with this move, I will hope and pray that the folk that made this decision had the best interest of the customer's *(internal and external) in mind while making these very hard decisions. I have loved working for this company and I have made life long friends and life long relationships that will never be broken and for that I am blessed.
It a great place to great
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 11, 2018
Sysco Distribution of columbia is a good place to work. It the work is hard and you get paid fair. But just don't get enough hours. The health insurance are good . you have three different type of department. They are dry cooler and the freezer.
Productive small office feel, with free Breakfast
Accounts Payable and Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLDecember 11, 2018
At Sysco we had a workplace environment that had a small office feel for a large company. Learned a lot on organization and customer satisfaction. Many company benefits
Pros
Free Breakfast every morning
Cons
Ability to move up
Hard wrk fast pace long hrs..
Commercial Driver yes (Current Employee) –  FremomtDecember 11, 2018
Divorce rate 75% im one of those percent ..very long hrs. 70 hrs a week .goog benfits union job.but very hard wrk i would not recomend this job ..very long hrs
Pros
Free benefit
Cons
Gettimg off wrk late
Awesome place to work
Senior Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 10, 2018
Great culture. Could use more advancement oppprtunities. Management helpful. Communication good. Benefits good. Overall, I recommend Sysco highly. Great for anyone who enjoys food/restaurants and has experience in both.
No life here
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 10, 2018
Typical day would be 850 cases and 14 to 16 stops per day with no help. Routing would route u over 14 hours per day with different stops everyday. Not enough trucks and equipment..
Outside Sales job Door to door sales.
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Tolleson, AZDecember 10, 2018
Drives a long hour every day and company does not provide any reimbursement for the vehicle and the gas. Overly short stuff to support the sales team. Very messy wear house situation has mistake on packing and delivery almost daily.
Pros
Could be a high paying job. Work life balance
Cons
Long hour of driving and does not pay for car or gas money
Best Company Period
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 9, 2018
I started here a few years ago and with hard work and great leadership have been promoted. The money they pay in sales is great, not sure why people are knocking the pay rate. The world is changing, so Sysco has to keep up with the market. With the tech platform they offer to the customer I was able to double my business in a shrinking market.

If you work hard and understand that in sales you get paid for what you do, then you are going to LOVE working for Sysco. Lots of soft benefits, I have been on trips, ball games, tons of swag wear, promo cash is abundant. Most of all freedom, no Mirco Managment - but they expect results. If you're hungry, a hunter with no attitude, then this is the place for you.

Come and change your life like I did, come to work for the biggest and the best!
Pros
Money, Benefits and Solid Management
Cons
employee drama - just keep your eye on the prize and go to work...
It was fun while it lasted
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 8, 2018
It was fun while it lasted it was cool working there especially the management of people and the benefits that we got such as Healthcare vision 401k and paid vacation
December 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about what it’s like to work at Sysco. You helped us fulfill our Vision to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Be Open to change
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXDecember 6, 2018
There are tons of careers options but processes are forever changing. It is about who you know verses what you know sometimes. They want and use input from the Associates to make processes and the culture better but it takes time.
December 6, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We try to create an open, inclusive, collaborative environment that brings out the best in each member of our diverse team. We hope you continue to have a positive experience at Sysco. We wish you the very best in your Sysco career.

Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2018
Great money tons of work and overtime just wish this company would take more time in coming up with a better system for the warehouse when it comes to building pallets doesn't make sense for 1 case at stop 5 to be at the bottom of a pallet with stop 6-7-8 on top of it and you have to dig it out takes time and makes a mess
Pros
Money, hours benefits
Cons
Warehouse "some equipment "
December 6, 2018

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Sysco works to make sure each associate is appropriately rewarded for their hard work and dedication to our company. Sysco values you and your efforts to help us fulfill our Vision to be our customer’s most valued and trusted business partner!

Management are aholes
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZDecember 5, 2018
So to start off the MANAGEMENT expect you to learn how to drive a pallet jack on your own for one day and expect you to be a pro at it, they lefted me alone after the first day and someone got hurt and they didn't even take the blame that they didn't train me well on it basically all MANAGEMENT are aholes and it sucks to work for them big waste of time
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor MANAGEMENT
December 6, 2018

Thank you for providing feedback about your experience working at Sysco. We take the safety and welfare of each associate very seriously and strive to provide the safest working conditions possible. We also take your feedback seriously and encourage you to contact us at 877-777-4020 to discuss your concerns in greater detail so that we may take appropriate corrective action.

Great company
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2018
Sysco was a great place to work. I would go back there anytime. I only left due to more income and better position. If given the opportunity, I would work for Sysco again.
December 6, 2018

Thank you for providing positive feedback about what it’s like to work at Sysco. We appreciate all that you did, and we’re happy to hear that you enjoyed being a member of the Sysco team. Best of luck in your future!

Casual Place to Work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXDecember 4, 2018
A typical Day starts with a huddle of the teams to discuss any updates of job duties and the company. Opening Emails to view and verify any callbacks to customers for urgency. Follow up on daily phone calls and etc
Pros
Accessible Lunch at the locations
December 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We wish you the best in the future.

Hard Tuff
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 4, 2018
Delivery of cool, frozen, dry foods to restaurants/fast food joints, all hours of the day/night, place delivery in appropriate area, up and down ramp, in and out freezer compartment, scan each food item prior to delivery, sort customers order from pallet containing other customers orders, get your asss kicked!
December 6, 2018

Thank you for the feedback regarding the work at Sysco. We realize that while we work hard to provide a positive and inclusive work environment, it may not be the right fit for everyone. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

Time management
Overnight warehouse selector (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 3, 2018
Great place, great people, great perks. After 10 years of overnight, fast paced labor with a salary that consistently declined, time to move on. It can take away from your life outside of work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Incentive algorithms don’t properly calculate/translate to pay scale.
December 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We take all viewpoints into consideration. We are committed to providing our associates with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package. We're sorry to hear that Sysco wasn’t a good fit for you but appreciate your 10 years with us!

Good work experience
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2018
Very strong/solid company. You will learn quite a bit in this role, but there are too many job requirements to master anything extremely well. You must be extremely adaptive to change and welcome it. Very poor work /life balance. You will work 7 days a week.
December 3, 2018

We appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review. Sysco knows that work/life balance is important to our associates. Your feedback helps us as we continue to improve in this area. We wish you continued success in your Sysco career.

Sysco
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 2, 2018
Great workplace. To much multimanagement. There are to many corners cut. And people pass accounts down to you as a "favor" but its really a joke. Make sure you know your numbers and stand up for your self.
They tell you your base pay is what you get for you cell phone and gas, but you have to bust your butt to make ends meet.
Pros
Time
Cons
Not money for cell and gas
December 3, 2018

We appreciate that you took the time to leave a review. We take all viewpoints into consideration. We are committed to providing our associates with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package. We encourage you to contact us at 877-777-4020 to discuss your concerns in greater detail so that we may take appropriate corrective action.

This job was traveling
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2018
Working for Sysco was fun and exciting. You met a lot of different people, learned about there business culture and learned how to grow there business.
December 3, 2018

Thank you for providing positive feedback about what it’s like to work at Sysco. We appreciate all that you did for Sysco, and we wish you the very best in the future.

Worked at calera sysco fleet shop and was lied to
Diesel Technician fleet apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calera, ALDecember 2, 2018
Good co workers ,poor management and very petty about the little things but do not stick to their word on pay raises and is so micro managed that there is no face to face communication at all between employees and supervisors it’s all electronically done. The supervisors and managers they try and penny pinch so much money during the year so they will get that big bonus at the end of the year and the shop and it’s employees suffer because of their greediness.unless you are a part of the warehouse or delivery drivers you don’t make a good living and you don’t matter to the calera sysco house all you are is a expense to them just a money pit and all you are is a number to them
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Bad management, not trustworthy, low salary, empty promises
December 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Sysco associates are the reason why we have become the world’s foodservice distribution leader. We are committed to continuous improvement while upholding our Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct. We take your feedback seriously and welcome you to call us at 877-777-4020 so that we may obtain greater detail regarding your concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sysco. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sysco.

Powered by Comparably