Sysco
Happiness rating is 58 out of 100

Sysco Employee Reviews in Des Plaines, IL

The pay and benefits are good. If you're fine with working Sunday nite thru Friday nite. 10 hours a day and Management constantly looking for a reason to write someone up and fire them, but letting their buddies get away with the same thing, this is the place for you. A Union that takes their dues but doesn't represent you and a steward that always makes excuses for the company to mistreat employees.
Pros
Pay benefits and incentives
Cons
Management and No solid Union representation. No time off.
March 12, 2021
At Sysco, we’re constantly striving to be the best employer possible. Your feedback helps us to do that! Thank you for your honest review.
They don't take care of their employees. They only care about customers you deliver to. Drivers are just numbers for them. I would not recommend sysco to anyone.
May 3, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.
If you're looking to test your mental strength, then Sysco is the place for you; you're gonna work long hours in the summer and you're doing 3 pallets at a time and they can be up to 7 1/2 feet tall. But if you stay committed and focused then you'll make good money there.
Pros
Incentives and bonuses. And good starting pay.
Cons
Overnight shift and not a lot of family time.
February 16, 2021
Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Sysco works to make sure each associate is appropriately rewarded for their hard work and dedication to our company. Thank you for your review!
I find it undesirable the way HR handles the employees. Does not go into a meeting with an open mind and brings in their own political view when confronting or talking with employees.
February 2, 2021
We appreciate you taking taking the time to provide feedback. The well-being and safety of Sysco employees is very important to us, we’re sorry to read you didn’t enjoy your career with us. We take your feedback seriously and encourage you to contact us at 877-777-4020 to discuss your concerns in greater detail.
This job pays great and provides insurance for you and your family at no cost but you will have to work for it! 12-14 hour days but you’ll easily make over 100k a year here.
Pros
Money, benefits
Cons
Little to no home time during the week
December 10, 2020
We appreciate the time you took to leave a review. Sysco values our hardworking associates, and we’re committed to providing them with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package. Thank you for your positive feedback!
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Management is fantastic, They make sure you understand your goals. Willing to help at all cost. Great team work. You will learn all departments function. Training was very good. People really go out of there way too help.
14 hour work shift. 65-70 weekly. Poorest equipment and beat up equipment. 1 day a week a 16 hour day. Mandatory. One million rules here, and they fire quickly for the little things. Very very PETTY company that hates drivers and doesn’t take responsibility for the hours of service. Trucks are loaded with products to deliver and managements only concern is how fast you can deliver which make for a lot of accidents, injuries, and write ups. You are looking for peace of mind or family time, or sleep, look elsewhere.
February 18, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you haven’t had a good experience and hope that you have provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns can be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. If you haven’t already, we hope you will take the time to share the specifics of your feedback in a way that will enable leadership to act on your concerns.
Pay is the only thing good here and even then a stretch. Company pretends to care about employees but obviously the bottom line is all that matters. Provides very minimal training or supervision, much of the equipment is broken or malfunctioning, and basically no time off especially for new employees but you’re expected to work to standards on a daily basis.The epitome of a company that expects you to give your life for them and even that’s not enough. Some suggestions if management reads this: Train employees instead of having a revolving door of workers. When you continually hire new people it makes it harder for experienced people to make percentages meaning they now have to work harder. You preach saftey yet much of the equipment is broken and malfunctioning at best causing work to go slower, at worst putting workers at risk for life threatening injuries. Fix the machines so workers are safer and more efficient. Stop viewing workers as robots and give realistic standards. Many experienced people have to skip breaks and lunches just to meet the standards.
November 8, 2019
Great people No room for growth They only hire their favorites from within. Other than that the company wants to hire from the outside to pay less. Customer service is not taken seriously when CS is the main liaisons getting the orders down to routing for customer deliveries. Competitors pay more.
November 8, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.Sysco associates are the reason why we have become the world’s foodservice distribution leader. We are committed to continuous improvement while upholding our Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct. We take your feedback seriously and welcome you to call us at 877-777-4020 so that we may obtain greater detail regarding your concerns.
Would not recommend this job if your looking for something long term. Helps build a decent work ethic but often unappreciated. Speaking from a selectors perspective.
October 15, 2019
I worked 65 hours a week and that was to much for me and for the pay I was getting for my service. The work was easy and the company made getting around more easier than other companies I work for in the past.
October 8, 2019
At Sysco, we’re constantly striving to be the best employer possible. Your feedback helps us to do that! Good luck with your future endeavors!
for me personally this is the best job i’ve worked employees were helpful when i first started management was cool with me always giving feedback and tips on my stacking and ways to just move faster definitely recommend this job if you like moving at a fast pace
September 17, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed and valued your time at Sysco. We appreciate your contributions to the company and we wish you the best of luck in the future!
Always struggling to find equipment (handtrucks) needed to work because no one was assigned to it but everyone either locked it or took it with them at end of shift. Each Pallet where mixed with 4 to 10 stops which was very time consuming. Everything is seniority based so don’t expect to get a good route on the first 10 years and most of those routes are downtown area. Average stops per day was about 14.
August 27, 2019
We appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review. While we’re sorry that your position on our team didn’t adequately meet your needs, your feedback helps us as we continue to improve in this area. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!
Too many common sense ideas are over looked. Any customer contacts you have are no longer yours. Some Managers are not too connected to reality. They are more worried about making reports and more reports than servicing customers.
July 29, 2019
Thank you for providing feedback on your experience at Sysco.Sysco associates are the reason why we have become the world’s foodservice distribution leader. We are committed to continuous improvement while upholding our Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct. We take your feedback seriously and welcome you to call us at 877-777-4020 so that we may obtain greater detail regarding your concerns.
Good company to work for excellent benefits, my job duties included driving tractor trailer and unloading the trailer using a dolly. Worked 70 hr weeks
July 18, 2019
Thank you for your feedback! Sysco works to make sure each associate is appropriately rewarded for their hard work and dedication to our company. We appreciate you leaving a review about your positive experience with Sysco.
No balance between life and worlk. Working 60-70 hours a week. Very phisical work. They don’t care about you at all. You’re just another number and if you don’t make they’ll bring some one else.
Pros
Nothing is free
Cons
No brakes or lunch
January 20, 2019
We appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review. Sysco knows that work/life balance is important to our associates. While we’re sorry that your position on our team didn’t adequately meet your needs, your feedback helps us as we continue to improve in this area. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!
Long hours overnight! Great pay but there is a constant competition to be the best! A lot of heavy lifting and difficult working conditions. They do provide paid training on all machinery though.
Sysco is one of those companies where if you don't like to work it's not for you at all because it's a daily work out to work there picking 160 to 250 plus cases per order isn't for everyone at all and yes you are timed as well they do have a certain rate you have to pick at a case and half per minute in order to stay on top of the pick rate for the 8 hour shift .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
N/a
November 7, 2018
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We try to create an open, inclusive, collaborative environment that brings out the best in each member of our diverse team! We wish you the very best in the future.
Sysco will not allow any time for training wand will send you downtown Chicago with a trailer...then fire you if you don’t make time...good job to try if you have nothing to lose being as the pay is good
Pros
Pay
Cons
No training
November 4, 2018
At Sysco, we value all feedback, negative or positive. We are sorry that you did not find our training resources adequate, and appreciate all feedback you’ve provided that will help us to better deliver for our customers and our associates. And yes, we agree - Sysco drivers are the best in the business!
really nice fortune 500 company---great benefits. Been an outside sales rep for nearly 19 years.. I have learned a lot about corporate America. All about the numbers
benefits
Cons
all about the numbers
October 22, 2018
Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Sysco works to make sure each associate is appropriately rewarded for their hard work and dedication to our company. Sysco values you and your efforts to help us fulfill our Vision to be our customer’s most valued and trusted business partner!
Great company to work for. Pay isn't that great. Always giving you free food. Nice guys to work with. The only bad thing was the pay wasn't that great.
Pros
Relaxed shop
Cons
Pay scale