Sysco Employee Reviews for Driver

Found 85 reviews matching the search See all 2,778 reviews
No job security poor managment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Calera, ALJanuary 15, 2019
Most cutthroat place I've ever worked management is the worst I've ever seen all they are concerned with is making their bonuses the pay is great but not worth the BS you have to put up with the micro managing is way over the top BEWARE OF THIS PLACE!!!!!!!
Pros
Great pay decent equipment
Cons
Terrible communication, cuttthroat place to work, they will fire you for anything, they seem to thrive on terminating peoples employment
January 15, 2019

We appreciate that you took the time to leave a review. We take all viewpoints into consideration. We are committed to providing our associates with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. If you haven’t already, we hope you will take the time to share the specifics of your feedback in a way that will enable leadership to act on your concerns.

Hard work long hours
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 22, 2018
It used to be the best in the industry. The company is slowly progressing towards a financial cliff that will leave it paralyzed to compete. It’s just a large, flavorless company.
December 24, 2018

Thank you for the feedback regarding what it’s like to work at Sysco. We realize that while we work hard to provide a positive and inclusive work environment, it may not be the right fit for everyone. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

Embarrassing & stressful
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CANovember 29, 2018
As a driver, you will live, breathe, and die for Sysco. You will work 12 - 16 hour days with no time for breaks or a lunch, barely operable equipment, and continual pressure from management. You will be expected to back varying-sized trailers into some of the most narrow delivery environments, in which you will spend hours digging smashed product out of poorly organized pallets. Tip: what you need is at the bottom, always. You will have little to no information about your stops and no time to learn them. And with seasoned drivers struggling to stay on time, new drivers MUST come in at least thirty minutes before their shift to prep their truck off the clock, while also working through lunches, and speeding at every opportunity. Do yourself a favor and find at least three drivers to speak with before signing on with Sysco. Ask why their new-hire retention rate is so low. Is it because we can't find any millennials willing to work hard, or is it because Sysco is perfectly designed to produce the results it's getting? Truthfully, there is not a harder team of laborers than the drivers at Sysco Ventura in Oxnard. And honestly, I think management generally means well in doing what they do. But the system is jacked, and no one has enough time or energy to step back, assess the chaos, and do anything to fix it.
Pros
You can quit
Cons
You'll never be good enough
November 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.

very bad place to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTNovember 28, 2018
it sucks! bad mangers. you will never know what is going on at all. no communication what so ever. they tell you one thing and its never what happens.
Pros
Cons
everything
November 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Sysco associates are the reason why we have become the world’s foodservice distribution leader. We are committed to continuous improvement while upholding our Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct. We take your feedback seriously and welcome you to call us at 877-777-4020 so that we may obtain greater detail regarding your concerns.

Sysco drivers are the best in the business love those guys...good teamster drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines IllinoisNovember 3, 2018
Sysco will not allow any time for training wand will send you downtown Chicago with a trailer...then fire you if you don’t make time...good job to try if you have nothing to lose being as the pay is good
Pros
Pay
Cons
No training
November 4, 2018

At Sysco, we value all feedback, negative or positive. We are sorry that you did not find our training resources adequate, and appreciate all feedback you’ve provided that will help us to better deliver for our customers and our associates. And yes, we agree - Sysco drivers are the best in the business!

Good company with questionable leadership
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 14, 2018
The company and the job itself is good and pay/benefits are great but management could careless about the employees. Turnover is atrocious and drivers are treated very poorly. Management does not listen to recommendations or your needs, they don't follow up on issues you bring to their attention, and most of all do not hold anyone accountable for their action's so people do whatever they want. Until these things along with the favoritism changes this at this location it will be a mediocre company. They have failed to adapt to todays workforce thus the high turnover. You cant just throw money at people anymore and treat them poorly, they need and expect more.
October 15, 2018

We appreciate that you took the time to leave a review.

Need a better game plan
Driver (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg vaOctober 6, 2018
Former driver for Sysco, left early on a two weeks notice. Ineligible for rehire because of that. Ok I understand that but rehire a former driver for cell phone use and fired him? Doesn’t seem logical to me. If a company is hurting for drivers and slim pickings as it is during a driver shortage refuse help, seems pretty unprofessional. I had a good run with this company for a long time, but honestly I’m glad I filled out an application again and was denied. Shows me things happen for a reason and the company applying for just isn’t a fit anymore due to lack of management and bias Bigotry from being mad when things don’t always go there way. I don’t recommend this company if you want to waste your time. Thank you Sysco for opening my eyes once again!
Pros
Pay
October 8, 2018

Poor place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lincoln ilSeptember 27, 2018
Not paid enough for whatyoudo no family life drivers get paid less every year no family life no money just management makes money sucks poor place to work tell you anything to get
Crazy company
Driving Range Attendant (Former Employee) –  Central Islip, NYAugust 21, 2018
I don’t recomendé this company to no one is the more crazy Company in New York ... this is no work this is kill you body is no way to have a good day working for this company ...
Pros
Cons
Body hurt
Poor management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 15, 2018
Always shortage of drivers because of treatment of current drivers. Overworked and no appreciation from management.Besides the pay, I have nothing good to say about Sysco.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Overworked
This job is sutable for you if you're a workaholic that dont mind working day & night.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDAugust 7, 2018
Micromanaged from above so everything you're doing is being monitored and recorded.

Low job security (doing just about anything gets you written or fired).

Union based so get expected a small lump of money deducted.

Get expected to work real early in the morning.

Benefits are good.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
They watch & track everything, low job security.
Horrible Place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS 67209August 6, 2018
You are treated like a number and not a person. Everyone that works here is miserable and hates their job. No training and no help from anyone in management.
Delivery Driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2018
Very hard work for truck drivers. Not a driving job. It's a delivery job. Very good pay. It's long hours and heavy boxes. It takes a while to get used to, but again the pay is worth it.
tuff job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 19, 2018
Work out!!! this job is not for a lazy man!! this job makes you use every muscle ,if your lazy..fat.. this is not for you. You have to be fit and understand that if your not quit before you even fill out the application
Pros
pay
Cons
long days
Used to be a good place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 25, 2018
This used to be a great company to work for. The loads have gotten worse and the drivers are making less money. Management seems to be ok with it and have the attitude that we should be happy to be working here. Looking at taking a $10,000 cut this year compared to last year. No thanks!
very stressful
Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 29, 2018
too much work to little time to do it
if you learn your run you get used to the work load
still no time to do all the things needed to be safe and efficient.
your forced to work long hours
Pros
good pay, good benifits
Cons
no Breaks, work like a dog
ineffective leadership
driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 20, 2018
managers unaware of company and union policies leading to disarray and disqualification of awarded transfers/bids. Long days, 14 hours or more with pressure to drive illegal.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
breaks down your body
Standard cooperate warehouse job
Driver Check-In (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 21, 2018
Work is tolerable and at times enjoyable. Most people are friendly to each other. Great benefits. Upper management does not communicate down the line. Change in rules left people without raises they were promised. Union dispute still lingers and brings uncertainty of the future.
Pros
Benefits (401k stock purchase plan)
Cons
Lack of communication from upper management
Hard work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDJanuary 27, 2018
Long work days not a good balance work to Home per day management seem to make it hard for drivers truck loads and route orders not to good a lot of searching for products you need for the stop you’re at
Pros
Good pay
Cons
To many h
Great place and really fast pace
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Job is fun very fast pace money is good job can be stressful. Get to meet different people everyday . The job is physical have to do a lot of walking up and down ramp of the back of trailer
Pros
Some customers do feed you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sysco. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss