Sysco Employee Reviews for Driver

Good company with questionable leadership
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 14, 2018
The company and the job itself is good and pay/benefits are great but management could careless about the employees. Turnover is atrocious and drivers are treated very poorly. Management does not listen to recommendations or your needs, they don't follow up on issues you bring to their attention, and most of all do not hold anyone accountable for their action's so people do whatever they want. Until these things along with the favoritism changes this at this location it will be a mediocre company. They have failed to adapt to todays workforce thus the high turnover. You cant just throw money at people anymore and treat them poorly, they need and expect more.
Official response from Sysco
October 15, 2018

We appreciate that you took the time to leave a review.

Sysco associates are the reason why we have become the world’s foodservice distribution leader. We are committed to continuous improvement while upholding our Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct. We take your feedback seriously and welcome you to call us at 877-777-4020 so that we may obtain greater detail regarding your concerns.

Need a better game plan
Driver (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg vaOctober 6, 2018
Former driver for Sysco, left early on a two weeks notice. Ineligible for rehire because of that. Ok I understand that but rehire a former driver for cell phone use and fired him? Doesn’t seem logical to me. If a company is hurting for drivers and slim pickings as it is during a driver shortage refuse help, seems pretty unprofessional. I had a good run with this company for a long time, but honestly I’m glad I filled out an application again and was denied. Shows me things happen for a reason and the company applying for just isn’t a fit anymore due to lack of management and bias Bigotry from being mad when things don’t always go there way. I don’t recommend this company if you want to waste your time. Thank you Sysco for opening my eyes once again!
Pros
Pay
Official response from Sysco
October 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.

Poor place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lincoln ilSeptember 27, 2018
Not paid enough for whatyoudo no family life drivers get paid less every year no family life no money just management makes money sucks poor place to work tell you anything to get
Crazy company
Driving Range Attendant (Former Employee) –  Central Islip, NYAugust 21, 2018
I don’t recomendé this company to no one is the more crazy Company in New York ... this is no work this is kill you body is no way to have a good day working for this company ...
Pros
Cons
Body hurt
This job is sutable for you if you're a workaholic that dont mind working day & night.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDAugust 7, 2018
Micromanaged from above so everything you're doing is being monitored and recorded.

Low job security (doing just about anything gets you written or fired).

Union based so get expected a small lump of money deducted.

Get expected to work real early in the morning.

Benefits are good.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
They watch & track everything, low job security.
Horrible Place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS 67209August 6, 2018
You are treated like a number and not a person. Everyone that works here is miserable and hates their job. No training and no help from anyone in management.
Delivery Driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2018
Very hard work for truck drivers. Not a driving job. It's a delivery job. Very good pay. It's long hours and heavy boxes. It takes a while to get used to, but again the pay is worth it.
tuff job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 19, 2018
Work out!!! this job is not for a lazy man!! this job makes you use every muscle ,if your lazy..fat.. this is not for you. You have to be fit and understand that if your not quit before you even fill out the application
Pros
pay
Cons
long days
Used to be a good place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 25, 2018
This used to be a great company to work for. The loads have gotten worse and the drivers are making less money. Management seems to be ok with it and have the attitude that we should be happy to be working here. Looking at taking a $10,000 cut this year compared to last year. No thanks!
very stressful
Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 29, 2018
too much work to little time to do it
if you learn your run you get used to the work load
still no time to do all the things needed to be safe and efficient.
your forced to work long hours
Pros
good pay, good benifits
Cons
no Breaks, work like a dog
ineffective leadership
driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 20, 2018
managers unaware of company and union policies leading to disarray and disqualification of awarded transfers/bids. Long days, 14 hours or more with pressure to drive illegal.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
breaks down your body
Standard cooperate warehouse job
Driver Check-In (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 21, 2018
Work is tolerable and at times enjoyable. Most people are friendly to each other. Great benefits. Upper management does not communicate down the line. Change in rules left people without raises they were promised. Union dispute still lingers and brings uncertainty of the future.
Pros
Benefits (401k stock purchase plan)
Cons
Lack of communication from upper management
Hard work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDJanuary 27, 2018
Long work days not a good balance work to Home per day management seem to make it hard for drivers truck loads and route orders not to good a lot of searching for products you need for the stop you’re at
Pros
Good pay
Cons
To many h
Great place and really fast pace
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Job is fun very fast pace money is good job can be stressful. Get to meet different people everyday . The job is physical have to do a lot of walking up and down ramp of the back of trailer
Pros
Some customers do feed you
big company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Poway, CADecember 26, 2017
busy busy place. keep your cool and you will do fine. listen and learn, once you are out and about things get more comfortable. be yourself you will be fine
Pros
union shop
Cons
big company
Horrible
Driver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 7, 2017
I would not ever recommend working for Sysco Corperation. I was a driver there for three years. Every aspect of the job was horrible with the exception of the pay
poor management
Driver (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIDecember 4, 2017
Poor management from corporate down to middle masnagement. Blames you if you get huirt. No team players. If you do good expect to do your route and half of somebody elses.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management, stressful, dont care if you get hurt
p d driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 20, 2017
delivered loads on the rt was very laborious and lost a lot of weight it is very hard work and you will need to drink lots of water but pay is good . and ma
Bad 4 Drivers
Driver,Doubles (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor City, NJNovember 12, 2017
They start u off easy than keep lying about deliverers, pay, time ,10 years gone. they went from no sign on bonus to 5000 to 10000 dollars. Every accident is always the drivers fault. I quit because they tried to move me off line haul to street stops because they had no one to make deliver's.
Pros
pay but they are cutting back
Cons
work u till ur hurt than blame u 14 16 hrs a day
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 25, 2017
Its very long hours and very by the book. A lot of good customers and friendly faces at stops. Good equipment and good people. This is a driving job and you must unload.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sysco. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.