System Freight Inc. Employee Reviews

It was not for me
Cdl driver (Former Employee) –  NjMarch 8, 2019
They are not for some one that looking to advance no room to move up gross paid 1,300 that is a lot of driving at 5 am start leaving the yard the trucks were bad
Pros
Pre load trailers
Cons
The trucks were bad they will work you for pennies
Long hours = low pay
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJJanuary 14, 2019
You will work above your 70 hours, a week, which will average $17.00 an hour while the company pays a temp service $30.00 an hour to fill an open position. You will also be forced to work on your off days without warning.
Pros
Local work.
Cons
Long hour, low pay.
Good people to work with.
Driver Operator (Current Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJNovember 24, 2018
Dedicated run and decent pay for linehaul positions. Had equipment issues and had to switch out of power units when they go in to be fixed. Supervisor is very good to employees!
Pros
M-F Weekends off.
Cons
Vacation time after one year.
Long days trip pay dont add up
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NJNovember 18, 2018
Dispatch don't care about maintaining the equipment or how long it takes to get the job done go go go they think they can tell you where to take your break like at the customer while unloading
Cons
Long days
working from a plant
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJOctober 22, 2018
Overall, it was a good place to work. Everyone worked well together for a common goal.

Being only one person in the plant, had to rely on others for help.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
very long hours
I worked in the corporate office for over 20 years
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJSeptember 20, 2018
Was always treated and paid fairly. Excellent benefits and I paid way less than almost anyone I ever knew for my coverage. I had 4 weeks vacation pay, paid holidays, sick and personal time, a 401K with profit sharing. I saw the company go through good times and bad times, yet I never missed a pay check. There were never any lay offs, and even in the bad years in the economy we always got taken care of money-wise.

Work hours were long, but that's what was called for to get the job done, get all the drivers paid and taken care of and take care of the customers.

I put two kids through college on my salary, and no, I was not an executive or manager. I happen to know that we always took very good care of the drivers pay and benefit-wise. The drivers always got regular raises, bonuses and great benefits.

The company's philosophy was always that "other than the customer, the driver is the most important person in our business;" and for more than 20 years, I saw first hand that this was true.
Pros
Great, steady pay and good benefits.
Cons
Longer work hours.
Current Driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 24, 2018
Been working here 10 months. The CEO & management knows everyone by name even tho theres about 300 drivers in the company. Dispatch helps you a lot. They never get mad when I ask for directions or tell them I'm running behind schedule and they work with you.

I had a family emergency in my country and had to leave for 3 weeks. Even tho I was only here for 6 months at the time, they worked with me.

It's a lot of hours and some Saturdays are mandatory, but even if you work it's a short day.

Only ended up in a hotel once in 10 months, but it was cause I broke down and ran out of time. COmpany paid for everything.

Overall good job!!
Pros
Good pay, management works with you.
Cons
A lot of hours at times.
Hard Work, Long Hours, Great Pay & Benefits
CDL A Driver (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 23, 2018
You don't pay anything out of ur check for benefits. Company pays for them. Pay is really good. I made over 70k last year. Big referral bonuses, like 2k each. My dispatcher was easy going and a nice guy.

Bad parts are long hours. If you want a job where you'll make great money this is the place to be but you'll work 60 hrs+ to get it.

Wife had a baby, and I needed more time at home. Otherwise i would've stayed.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Steady Work, Home every day
Cons
Long hours, sometimes delays
Please don’t waste your time with this company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAJuly 18, 2018
Let’s start with the recruiting everything they going to tell you it’s not true you will learn what kind of place this is in your second month the bonus and the referral money you’ll never get you work 14 hours a day six days a week for $800 Working for this company will make you feel like you going down instead of moving up You will regret it trust me
1990’s style management, poor planning, fair pay
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Camillus, NYJuly 11, 2018
The company is antiquated in its logistics and management. Management is not proactive. Numerous issues could be solved with a phone call the day before but it is common to go to stops and have nothing there or the load has been canceled. The schedule is laughable. You get an assigned run then come back and get another tacked on, again a phone call would be effective here but they wait until you think you are done. If these were isolated I would just ignore it but they occurred with enough frequency it is problematic. The runs aren’t released until the night before making it impossible to plan anything. I understand that “that’s trucking” but it could be so much more efficient.
That being said: the pay is fair to good so long as you have no desire for a social life out side of the weekends, which I haven’t had to work, unless you count being out of hours on a Friday night and having to stay in a hotel. Poor company that could be average with more proactive leadership.
Pros
Responsibility as a driver, pay
Cons
Management, work life balance, equipment, unload times, poor training, poor scheduling, poor planning

Want to know more about System Freight Inc.?

Ask a question
bait and switch
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Barrington, NJJune 22, 2018
When hiring they sell you the job as being the best thing ever. Then after reading the union contract its not what was offered to you. Contract is for the company not for the workers. PLUS SATURDAYS ARE MANDATORY.... The pay is per load. If you are into that. Its a job but not for me.
Pros
It a job
Not as good as it used to be
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Solvay, NYMarch 5, 2018
A lot of ups and downs with the miles and treatment. Management needs to be restructured because they are clueless with how to take control of the transportation part of the buisness. No back bone to stand up to upper management about clear concerns or issues with customers or drivers. The main office in New Jersey really has no idea what happens because everything is kept in house which makes matters even worse. I did enjoy my time of employment there but the company was not progressing in a secure future fashion from my personal opinion.
Pros
Pay is so so
Cons
Management, vehicle maintenance, benefits could be better.
Its a job
Driver (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 28, 2018
I was a driver there its funny when I read the review of the driver who says he laughs when hears drivers ask for 8 hour days. Well he must be the owner or just an idiot. I left there and at my current job work 8.5 hours a day with optionional overtime get paid by the hour and make more then I did make getting paid by the mile. The good driver jobs are outhere just have to get thru all the bad ones which are 90 percent of them in my opinion
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Not starting and ending work the same time Monay thru Friday
This is Trucking
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Barrington, NJJanuary 6, 2018
I laugh when I hear drivers wanting to work an 8 hour day. This is the business we chose knowing a regular day is 12 hours. Quit whining! The company is consistently busy and fair with good equipment and managers who have been around for a long time. Nothing is perfect and days can be long at times because they are growing and busy. Average day is usually between 11-12 hours. Welcome to trucking!
Pros
Good equipment and busy
Cons
Nothing is perfect
fast paced hard work
Tractor trailer driver (Former Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJNovember 27, 2017
A typical day at work, come in in the morning pick up your paperwork check to make sure paperwork is in order,go out and hook up trailer and pre trip tractor and trailer leave terminal drive 5 hrs. deliver load and leave and go to shipper and pick up load for return trip to home terminal.Drive 5hrs back to home terminal do a post trip inspection and drop trailer turn in paperwork and go home for the night
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 19, 2017
Have been with the company 14 years never any layoffs or cut hrs even in slow seasons company continues to grow and invest in new technology
Pros
Job security
Cons
Small maintenance facilities
Money is not everything !
Logistics/Shipping Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAFebruary 11, 2016
If you would like to have a career job, this is not the workplace. They have fired or let go of managers and drivers without any documentation after less than a month of service. No training booklets, No Guidance, Upper management wants one thing, money in their pockets. They show disrespect towards companies that hire them. Most companies in this day and age have the following.

1) Training Booklets.
2) Training Progress reports.
3) Managers that are aware of today's working environments.
A) Bullying
B) Treat all employees professionally.
C) It's a two way street and most employees that are out on the work floor can help the management improve their knowledge of our customers product.
D) Confidentiality- How do I know the above was fired, because they told everyone.
Pros
Cons
Money is not everything !
Improper and/or no training, lack of support from fleet manager and directors of operations.
CDL-Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJMay 22, 2013
My first day/hour (even after two weeks) of employment, I had no orientation, no training and was told absolutely nothing about the company policies, benefits, wages etc...
No time for questions, just start making money for the company.

I've learned to take everything in stride no matter what life throws at me.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at System Freight Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7