Systems Application & Technologies, Inc Employee Reviews

Stay away if you value your dignity and career
Motor Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIMay 25, 2019
Management at this location makes the environment extremely hostile and degrading. Constant belittling of your integrity, harassment and disregard for your safety. Constant policy changes that do not pertain to your job with poor communication. As long as it looks good on paper. Work week is typical for military when ever and what ever they want you to fall in line. Not good if you enjoy planing things with your family and having a life outside of work. Pay rate is ok driving a bus but the amount of responsibility and liability you have to haul other aspects of the job is peanuts. Just stay away or hope there is management change it could be a very cool job.
Pros
working with different types of equipment. Stepping stone into federal work.
Cons
Toxic management, union that doesn’t do anything for you, favoritism in scheduling, 24/7 on call, have to use personal phone for company use, unsafe work environment
Demeaning place to work. Don’t recommend.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIMarch 29, 2019
Management was awful and often called out when work was at its heaviest. Pushed off duties to other unqualified employees, including training for new people. Terrible communication in the workplace and management cultivates a hostile work environment for subordinates. Management power struggles/trips goes unchecked from rest of company. Its decent pay but the contract we bargained for made things difficult at the office levels. This location seems to be a revolving door as not many want to stay long.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Constant retaliation and belittling from supervisors
Quality place to work
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAOctober 28, 2018
The environment is inviting and people are all a pleasure to work with. I am proud to be a part of the team. I am excited to see the growth I can experience being a pat of this great team.
Pros
environment, management, compensation
Cons
unknown
Bad Contract
Travel Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HISeptember 5, 2018
Everyone was paid better when another company had the contract. They cut they pay, but expected dedication. The benefits were not easily accessible and time sheets were done every day before one was done with the day. Overtime was expected, but because you are contracted, there was tension over people just not showing up and actually requesting leave. Here, the expectations and standard operating procedures change on a daily basis at times. It is hard to have consistency in the work place. The job isn't hard, but the workplace environment can be rather hostile.
Pros
call out when you want, easy.
Cons
mostly everything else.
Supply Technician/Local Purchase clerk (Former Employee) –  HawaiiSeptember 4, 2018
The work environment is very chaotic and busy but overall everyone works together and management works with their employees to make sure that all needs are taken cared of.
Nice family atmosphere
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDAugust 8, 2018
The place was ok to work. But, they definitely don't pay you for the workload you can have. Management was ok, but you can definitely be taken advantage of working here. Some employees are doing work that they aren't getting paid to do.
Pros
great luncheons, family atmosphere sometimes
Cons
expensive healthcare, low wages for the workload
An amazing place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 25, 2018
It has an amazing administration and creates great opportunities for anyone in the area. I was truly a great working environment. There I learned organizational and collaborative skills that I will apply to all of my future jobs.
Government contracted defense company
Assistant Engineer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 18, 2018
SA-Tech has their hands in lots of government contracts, im not even sure what all of them are. But as far as i was concerned, I enjoyed my time working for them on our training ship.
Fast paced challenging work.
Maintenance Mechanic III (Former Employee) –  China Lake, CAOctober 18, 2017
Fast paced and always something to do, great work environment and good people to work with. Definitely a team player/can do attitude a must. Also must be flexible to changing work priorities.
Fun place to work
Supervisor-Design and Drafting (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 5, 2017
Fun place to work, very organized working as a team. Interfacing daily with Government and Contractors. Expanding my knowledge on various aircraft, manufacturing, and design.
Pros
Very good company to work for
Cons
Healthcare
Hostile Work Environment made by Management
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIAugust 18, 2017
Love my coworkers and the jobs we accomplish daily.
Management's involvement and thinking processes needs improvement. Management needs to be more available to workers who reaches out for assistance.
Pros
Coworkers, work being done
Cons
Management, Small Business minded, No room for growth
Worked independently from home
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 15, 2016
Was an independent background investigator job. Enjoyed the flexibility and schedule, some travel. I don't recall anything significant about this job.
Loved working with the drones
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Orogrande, NMJuly 12, 2016
I was not able to adjust from my military background type of operations to a favoritism type of operations. It felt that you had to be in the circle of friends in order to be notice and given the opportunity to excel. I chose to leave my job since I was not being use to my potential. Yes it was easy money, but my work standards did not let me abuse the company's money.
Pros
working with drones
Cons
favoritism from management
Good Company
OTHT Radar Operator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake VAOctober 29, 2014
12 hour shifts
learned a lot about time management
the co workers are great people
hardest part of the job was sometimes dealing with people that didn't enjoy the job
Pros
Good pay
Benefits
Challenging,
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 7, 2014
I met different people at the shipyard from all over the country.
Pros
Great hours, I worked 10 hour shifts four days a week.
Cons
None to mention
worked at a hangar
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  China Lake, CAJuly 29, 2013
here i worked at a hangar and supplied support for the customers everyday and made sure everyone was following the rules and i locked up. It was a night shift.
good location
SR EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO PRESIDENT AND CEO (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDDecember 1, 2012
i have nothing more.......good coworkers, hours 8-5;

okjay the end
Good company
Drone Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CANovember 30, 2012
A good company to work with but management level managers maybe less sensitive to employee's medical issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Systems Application & Technologies, Inc Reviews by Location