T-Mobile ~ Exclusive Wireless, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Don't Waste Your Time
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 13, 2018
I'm not even sure where to start. I would recommend applying for the corporate stores. While I was there they changed their pay structure like 4 times and it was not in the employees favor. They preach about growth and room for advancement, and celebrate their succes, all while gutting your wages. The corporate store RSA's, make more money than a store manager at Exclusive Wireless. T-Mobile is an amazing company, but somehow Exclusive Wireless is NO WHERE on the same page. If you love to be micromanaged, not understand the forever changing pay structure, and work for a company that genuinely doesn't care about their employees. This is perfect for you. Upper management constantly tries to reinvent the wheel and role out changes that haven't even been successfully implemented, and than blame the front line for its failure. All of the upper management were promoted from within (for most part) and are constantly trying to be innovative with ideas that are obsolete in real world business. HR department takes days to respond and doesn't know that they are there for the employees and the company. A very one sided structure, which shows in their employee turnover. As a store manager you're basically training your hires for the competition. They have a huge turn. Again, if you're trying to look for a career, the corporate store is an amazing place to start. This is a mom and pop start up that piggy backs off of a huge corporation.
Pros
Customers, your co-workers, discounts
Cons
Upper management, pay, Hr
An Experience
Human Resources/Facility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93722May 18, 2018
I learned a lot from working here from Hr to Operations. This was a fun company to work for, however, the turn-over rate is pretty high for a Corporate Office.

I enjoyed the co-workers and least enjoyed my work not received the appropriate credit it deserved. As well as not being trained properly.

As far as Management,

The mgmt in office was very nice, easy to talk to, understanding. The owners however seemed as if anyone who was not a department head was not of any importance. I was spoken to like I was stupid more than once, but overall I did have a generally pleasant experience working for EW.
Pros
Kitchen
Cons
benefits/ Mgmt
Best Place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, ORMay 7, 2018
This place is amazing! If you have a desire to move up in this company, you will have every opportunity to do so! They are growing fast in the area and management is extremely supportive and caring. I would highly recommend working here.
Pros
Leadership, Selling skills, co-workers
Poor management everywhere
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, ORMay 2, 2018
If you like a place with low hours, toxic environments, no overtime, no benefits, horrible management, no room for growing with the company, low pay, no paid time off, no sick days, etc. then you'll fit right in.
Cons
No one cares
Great, Young Company
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  IdahoFebruary 22, 2018
As far as young companies go, this one is great. Leadership is open to new ideas, they hear pleas for changes, and implement new direction quickly. Nice flexibility for management schedule wise, market competitive pay, nice T-Mobile discount, and tons of resources. Only drawback is the expectations for locations in their newly opened markets. Goals are based on hopes and less on data. Manager salary is capped, but I hope for that to be changed. Based on their patterns- I would assume they make more pay changes for the best and I haven’t been given reason to assume otherwise.
Pros
Discount, work life balance, advancement, training
Cons
Young company path finding
I love my job!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Banos, CAFebruary 22, 2018
I originally started off as a sales rep and was bonusing really well. I had heard a lot of negative remarks about the job but to be honest it's all about hard work and dedication. I didn't allow negative words to get in my way. I went to work and did what I had to do. I learned so much from amazing leaders and quickly was recognized for my hard work and dedication and was promoted within a year to an Assistant Manager and soon after that I was offered my own store! I am very happy with my job and I am grateful for my staff. I honestly hope to stay with Exclusive Wireless for a very long time!! If you are someone who wants to grow and learn from a company then this is the place to be!
Pros
Developing reps and seeing them grow
Great place to work!
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 22, 2018
I've worked here for a few years and it's a great place to work! The job is competitive due to being sales. But it keeps the job fun! My co-workers are great and so are my customers.
Fun
District Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 22, 2018
Working for Exclusive has help me grow as a person, the leadership is always on hand if you need help with something. The company is growing fast, so we have a lot of opportunity for growth.
Pros
Fun, working with great coworkers, help is a call away, pay
Cons
Cant think of any
Exclusive wireless was the right choice for me.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAFebruary 22, 2018
I came to exclusive wireless with no phone experience, but a desire to win. They were great at getting me up to speed, and I feel like I have been welcomed with open arms by management. The Coulter is really pro customer service, and the people are top notch.
Pros
Lots of excitement daily
Cons
Very Productive workplace with room to grow!
Mobile Expert (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAFebruary 22, 2018
It is by far the most productive environment I’ve ever worked in. It involves challenging yourself with a twist of daily customer interactions that can lead to meeting some amazing individuals. The pay structure is solid and so is the HR department. In regards to Management I noticed they all worked together to get an issue resolved the moment I voiced any concerns.
Pros
Pay, Management, hours, Growth
Best job I've ever had!
Employee (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 22, 2018
I enjoy it here. Hands down the best job I've ever had. I hope to keep advancing in my career here. I love the new challenge each new month brings. I enjoy the ever changing industry. Keeps things fresh.
Pros
Flexibility and growth
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Fun at first
Mobile Expert (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 11, 2018
At first I loved working here, now it's impossible to get any commissions, the managers expect you to lie to customers the longer you work for the company, and they get your pay wrong incorrectly on most pay checks. They hire managers who don't have a conscious so they can continue their shady business practices, and expect you to have as little ethical thinking as they do. Do not work here.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Everything about the company aside from the discount.
Fun company to work for!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 24, 2018
I have been working at Exclusive Wireless for a year now and I absolutely love the culture and the people I work with. They are all about the work-life balance and really believe in having fun.
Pros
Fun, laid back, exciting.
Cons
Pay
Pay is the only thing worth it.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 8, 2018
The pay was the only thing that made the job durable. I honestly liked working here, you met some cool customers made decent pay because of the "bonus" (commission). When I first started working there all the employees and managers where cool and it was an enjoyable environment. But after a while the management would blame everything on the reps, gave unrealistic goals, and wanted you to be dishonest not only to customers, but also T-mobile higher ups and auditors. Shady practices were common at the end of the work life. They claim to work with your schedule especially if your a student. But even if your schedule doesn't conflict with anyone else they won't work with after the first couple of months.

If you really need some decent pay then you'll get it. Otherwise working here isn't worth the headache.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Everything else
Fun and competitive place to work at!
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 27, 2017
The management and staff is awesome. They really believe in creating a work-life balance and having fun at work. The commission is awesome as well! I had a lot of fun when I worked here.
Worst Company Ever
RSM (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 26, 2017
If you want to have no life, have a regional manager try to run your store for you when they have no clue what they are doing then work here but you will be miserable.
Worst job I've ever had! If they havent gotten sued yet that would shock me.
Misleading, but I guess it's a job if you need it
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atascadero, CANovember 17, 2017
Nothing special; it's a job. No benefits unless you are higher up. You're expected to sale but the hours they're able to give you are low and on top of that the wage is medicore so it really kills any motivation to even sale. The comission does nothing to help with your income as it is based on a lengthy timing system.
A typical day of work consisted of standing all day,as the location is placed in an area with hardly any foot traffic so don't expect any comissions that improve your income.
The managers were unprofessional and were not helpful when it came to training.
Pros
get paid to stand while listening to music
Cons
low hours, low pay, no benefits, dead location so expect no comission
Good earning potential
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, CASeptember 13, 2017
Exclusive wireless is like most third party companies I suppose. The on boarding is rocky. You aren't going to get much in-depth product or sales training. The service model is like most mid-level carries. Lots of standing. The people are friendly.
Pros
Huge discount on service for two lines
Cons
pay accuracy, inexperienced managers, high quotas
Competative
Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CASeptember 11, 2017
Handling cash
Customer service
Phone assistance
Managing accounts
Calling for assistance (customer care)
Key holder
Opening store
Training new employees
Top sales (employee month)
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Bad managment
Very enjoyable place.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60620June 20, 2017
I loved working at Exclusive. Great place to work at. Very enjoyable. The owner was great. Very easy to ask for days off. Paid for our lunch every day.
Pros
Great place to work at.