T-Mobile ~ Exclusive Wireless, Inc. Employee Reviews

Use as a temp job maybe
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJune 25, 2019
Work was what you would expect from your typical cellular retail job, you show up, make some sales from anyone who walks in, then you go home. The differences from working with this particular third party are low no little job benefits/security, you are forced to love your job even though management are constantly telling you about your quota in a low-traffic store plus not the mention pretending to the customers that you love your job even though you get some very rude customers which yet you have to be nice to. Market supervisors are only there just to remind you of your job. At my particular store, no one of my team was reliable, not even my manager which made it very difficult because the know I was learning/training yet they only care about numbers. The only good part about here is to not work here again and two is the good regulars that come in.
Pros
Great regular customers
Cons
low wage, part-time only, Sales
A Great Stepping Stone
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJune 3, 2019
Despite management that encouraged doing nearly anything to get a sale, EW was a great place to develop your ACTUAL sales and management skills while going to school and furthering your work resume experience.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Management Ethics
Low pay and no benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OregonMay 19, 2019
The pay here is the minimum and have to depend on commission, which is not much when its a slow traffic store. The manager isn't professional at all and you can definitely see the favoritism. Also, I feel like exclusive wireless is a very sketchy company because before they took over from the previous company the pay seemed better and as soon as exclusive wireless took over the pay went downhill.
Pros
I can't think of any.
Cons
Pretty much everything.
Tmobile-great EW- not so much
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 30, 2019
Sales directors that only hire friends, leading to incompetent high-level management that treats in-store workers like theyre expendable. Save yourself the effort and apply for a corporate store, or literally any other franchise.
An ok place to work if you’re a college student.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wasco, CAMarch 15, 2019
Comisión is trash. My manager fired me for being late once. She wrote everyone else up (mind you they don’t have children), and the one time I had to go buy formula and ended up being ONE minute late, she told me “well I’m going to let you go”. I don’t think it was fair. And I asked why she wrote everyone else up besides me and she said “I don’t know what you’re talking about” when I have become friends with the peers from there. Also: write down your commission because they will cheat you out of it. Same for your hours. I’m still missing a $490 check.
Pros
Samsung sends treats
Cons
Everything else
Misleading and unorganized
Wireless Expert (Former Employee) –  SF Bay AreaJanuary 9, 2019
By far the worst company I have ever worked for. They lie to you and promise you the moon and star and turn around and act they never said anything. Management is ridiculous and only cares about number and will take over your sell if you don't have a customer by one of everything in the store. Also the commission structure is created for full time workers but is expected even when you are scheduled for as little as 20 hours a week. If you don't make goal you will be paid as little as $3-5 for a sale. And the commission percentages are based on the customer's credit rating which we have no control of. No Benefits are offered unless your management because everyone is labeled part time even if you are luck enough to get full time hours. HR dept refuses to provide any Verification of employment, even job offer is verbal only unless you are hired into management. Everything appears to be very shady and not organized in anyway. I would stay clear of this company and not waste one second of your time with this mess.
Pros
Cons
everything
Horrible Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 6, 2018
Would not recommend working for this company. Always go corporate. Exclusive wireless does not care for their employees and management treats employees unfairly.
Great place to work for
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  VisaliaNovember 15, 2018
If you work hard it gets noticed. Plenty of room for advancement friendly environment. Commission are also a great Incentive to make more money. Owners are also involved with employees which makes it nice to know who you work for
Bad management
Mobile Sales Expert/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Marina, CASeptember 17, 2018
This company prematurely promotes managers. So you have a bunch of managers who don't even have proper management training and these inexperienced people are running the show! Also if you are not immersed into the social media culture of the company and aren't trying to be best friends with everyone there, you won't be happy there. It's a company much like a high school clique - if you want promotions, you HAVE to be a socialite.
Pros
Always being at the forefront of new phones
Cons
Inexperienced managers
Go Corporate
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 10, 2018
Horrible company to work for. Bad upper management and owners. Pay horrible about 16% below average. Treat sales reps like nothing at all. Ton load of law suits being filed against them
Pros
Employee and customer
Cons
That whole dang company. Just throw it all away lol
Go to corporate
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 28, 2018
The pay is terrible. You will see reviews on here saying corporate sales associates get paid more than store managers, well that is true. I honestly had no big issue with management, I had mainly an issue with the owners and main office. They do not look out for employees at all, they have a lot of turn to show that. You have to be positive and excited everyday or else get ready to be replaced, they see you as expendable. You will see them try to brand themselves as something great with pictures of excited employees (who probably don't work there anymore) and calling themselves edub nation but don't drink the kool aid. They are a terrible company that just cares about themselves. Go to corporate, get paid more than their managers as an associate, get benefits, and move up to get paid more.
Pros
Commission so better 1st job than mcds
Cons
Wages, goals, and owners
Company Operations and Payout Structure
Mobile Expert (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 8, 2018
Good company, but management is not the best. I believe management needs better training in leadership and operations. Also, the payout structure is not the best. Commission is ridiculous and the goals are unrealistic. It seems that company does not want you hitting the highest tier because if you do not, they end up taking like almost half of your bonus. I have also caught the bonus team not doing a great job because they have missed bonuses on some of the accounts that I have done in the past. They need a better payout structure and possibly a better software to get paid the correct amount. The only thing I like about this company is the flexibility and the technology. This company needs a lot of improvement!

Also, it is really hard to move up unless you are friends and are in the inner circle of management. Good luck!
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Bonus
It is what you make of it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJune 19, 2018
This job has been a great learning opportunity. I have had a great time working here. The job is slower paced depending on where the store is located, but that makes it easier to maximize your time with each customer. When there is no traffic at T-mobile, associates tend to spend time on thier phones- a lot. If you like to be busy constantly this may not be the job for you. Your team, and management can make or break this job, you spend a lot of time with them. Thankfully I had a team I worked really well with and my mangers were not just managers, but leaders I looked up to. It’s definitely good to have experience in customer service and know how to speak to customers. There is a lot of learning in this job. The employee discount is outstanding. This job, as well as any other is simply what you make of it.
Pros
Uplifting Enviornment, very flexible schedule
Cons
Some days there is too much downtime
Don't Waste Your Time
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 13, 2018
I'm not even sure where to start. I would recommend applying for the corporate stores. While I was there they changed their pay structure like 4 times and it was not in the employees favor. They preach about growth and room for advancement, and celebrate their succes, all while gutting your wages. The corporate store RSA's, make more money than a store manager at Exclusive Wireless. T-Mobile is an amazing company, but somehow Exclusive Wireless is NO WHERE on the same page. If you love to be micromanaged, not understand the forever changing pay structure, and work for a company that genuinely doesn't care about their employees. This is perfect for you. Upper management constantly tries to reinvent the wheel and role out changes that haven't even been successfully implemented, and than blame the front line for its failure. All of the upper management were promoted from within (for most part) and are constantly trying to be innovative with ideas that are obsolete in real world business. HR department takes days to respond and doesn't know that they are there for the employees and the company. A very one sided structure, which shows in their employee turnover. As a store manager you're basically training your hires for the competition. They have a huge turn. Again, if you're trying to look for a career, the corporate store is an amazing place to start. This is a mom and pop start up that piggy backs off of a huge corporation.
Pros
Customers, your co-workers, discounts
Cons
Upper management, pay, Hr
An Experience
Human Resources/Facility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93722May 18, 2018
I learned a lot from working here from Hr to Operations. This was a fun company to work for, however, the turn-over rate is pretty high for a Corporate Office.

I enjoyed the co-workers and least enjoyed my work not received the appropriate credit it deserved. As well as not being trained properly.

As far as Management,

The mgmt in office was very nice, easy to talk to, understanding. The owners however seemed as if anyone who was not a department head was not of any importance. I was spoken to like I was stupid more than once, but overall I did have a generally pleasant experience working for EW.
Pros
Kitchen
Cons
benefits/ Mgmt
Best Place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, ORMay 7, 2018
This place is amazing! If you have a desire to move up in this company, you will have every opportunity to do so! They are growing fast in the area and management is extremely supportive and caring. I would highly recommend working here.
Pros
Leadership, Selling skills, co-workers
Poor management everywhere
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, ORMay 2, 2018
If you like a place with low hours, toxic environments, no overtime, no benefits, horrible management, no room for growing with the company, low pay, no paid time off, no sick days, etc. then you'll fit right in.
Cons
No one cares
Productive, Layed back , and Fun
Sales associate relationship (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CAApril 21, 2018
Working at Exclusive Wireleess was an amazing experience. I wish my "Manager" had a better relationship, but we didn't so it made it very difficult and weird for me to go to work. its sad to say I'm 18 and she's 27 but yet she had the mindset of a teenager. but overall I really did love my job and I enjoyed working there just as long as my "manager" was not there.
Pros
Discounts, and amazing customers.
Cons
Short breaks, Poor management.
Great, Young Company
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  IdahoFebruary 22, 2018
As far as young companies go, this one is great. Leadership is open to new ideas, they hear pleas for changes, and implement new direction quickly. Nice flexibility for management schedule wise, market competitive pay, nice T-Mobile discount, and tons of resources. Only drawback is the expectations for locations in their newly opened markets. Goals are based on hopes and less on data. Manager salary is capped, but I hope for that to be changed. Based on their patterns- I would assume they make more pay changes for the best and I haven’t been given reason to assume otherwise.
Pros
Discount, work life balance, advancement, training
Cons
Young company path finding
I love my job!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Banos, CAFebruary 22, 2018
I originally started off as a sales rep and was bonusing really well. I had heard a lot of negative remarks about the job but to be honest it's all about hard work and dedication. I didn't allow negative words to get in my way. I went to work and did what I had to do. I learned so much from amazing leaders and quickly was recognized for my hard work and dedication and was promoted within a year to an Assistant Manager and soon after that I was offered my own store! I am very happy with my job and I am grateful for my staff. I honestly hope to stay with Exclusive Wireless for a very long time!! If you are someone who wants to grow and learn from a company then this is the place to be!
Pros
Developing reps and seeing them grow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-Mobile ~ Exclusive Wireless, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.