T-Mobile

T-Mobile insights

Based on 7,721 survey responses
What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

friendly co-worker

constantly having layoffs, lack of training for internal employment. Heavily relied on vendors to do troubleshoot on their network. Need to invest more on building out network coverage instead of patching by up tilts antennas this create major interference issues.

Sales

Awesome entry sales job that can lead to a higher pay and position if you’re willing to relocate Plenty of benefits that range from stock options to pet insurance

A solid company

I'll keep it simpleI was transferred over after sprint was bought out. T-Mobile takes care of its employees. You need to miss a week because of an emergency? No problem. Running late because of traffic? That's fine. Want to take the day off because you're tired? Go ahead. Now this on the corporate side of things so retail is different. Also it does depend on management but I've met so many great leaders that it's hard to run into bad ones.

It was a great 2 years

It wasn’t bad I liked working there I got to be the Samsung rep so that was cool. The management was ok. I made some lasting friendships there and that was pretty much the best part about the job.

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

upper management

Easy to do

Fair all around but low advancementShould be more pay based of volumeEnvironment has good energy and tons of activities for employees and consideration but they fail to increase pay on performance

Company is filled with dishonest people

Terrible ethics, Dishonest employees, My manager was really nice though but generally the culture and things that were being done were dishonest i had to leave

Un experienced managers who don't want to work and metrics imposible hit

At the beginning it was great because they had good managers that work. Now it seems like they just hire anyone. The metrics are also unbelieve and imposible to hit.

Nice place to work just have to push

It was nice working there just the store I was at didn’t have enough staff. I was also part time and they kinda just scheduled me full time hours with no incentive as in health insurance. The money is good but you control your own paycheck so pushing a lot is necessary.

Pros

Money

Cons

Lack of staff

Fun, positive environment

The best company I have ever worked for I work in the call center and let me just say tmobile truly cares for their employees the benefits are extensive!!

very fun but can be demanding job

The call center I work at is fantastic. We have fun as well as work hard. I'm on one of the top teams and we are a family. Management is great and they treat you well. But it's not an easy call center job and it's not for just anyone.

Pros

great pay, bonuses, great management

Cons

another to take on and learn, extremely competitive

Great team and leadership, as well as culture. Terrible job.

I absolutely love T-Mobile. The people I work with, and the leadership (if you get the right leaders) are fantastic. The job is difficult - you need good mental health to flourish in the Account Expert position, as customers can be a handful, but you have enough support to help through anything. Leadership always makes themselves available, and advancement is strongly encouraged - higher positions are filled from within the company, not outsourced. Off-site higher management seems detached from the job, but immediate leadership always does their best to help make changes and requirements easier to handle. Sales are a requirement of the job, but you will not lose your job if you dont meet the sales goals. There are 4 shifts to choose from: 4x10 (MTRF 8am-9pm), Weekends (Wed, Sat, Sun), Days (M-F 6:50-3), Nights (Noon-9pm). The Day shift is the hardest to obtain.

Pros

Great leadership, great benefits, competitive pay, Pto, monthly bonuses, great culture, inclusive, casual dress, free snacks and drinks fairly often provided

Cons

Difficult job, full-time only

Struggling

Great company in the beginning, but since the merger, things have gone downhill. They are losing their way as the UNCARRIER and becoming more like Verizon. extremely micromanaged, and disorganized.

standard call center job but with arcade

Pros-Physically easy job-good, effective training (with the right leadership)-Different every day.Cons-You are on the phone or staring at a screen. A lot.-Environment is a lot like high-school. There is always drama if you look for it.

Fun workplace, Great environment

My experience working with T-Mobile was pleasurable and I gained a lot of experience with sales in a short amount of time. It can get quit stressful in peak hours so that depends if you're in a busy area.

Software Engineer - No worklife balance and poor quality contracting work.

There was no worklife balance; I was constantly pulling extra hours for work and after-hour releases. The company is trying to mature but the quality of the contract work prevented the teams from deploying maintainable, quality code. You'll find yourself doing more cleanup work/babysitting than developing. I would avoid this company if you're at all competent and want to grow as there's not much to learn here.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. Company culture is nice.

Cons

Terrible quality code and too much reliance on contractors.

Great Place to Work

Flexible work from home, decent pay, great management on the engineering side. There is some concern for advancement in the company, as promotion and raises are rare.

It’s a grea company

Work hard and learn and find your passion into what you love. Pay after to customers and always listen and underStand. Do less talking and more listening than

Low pay toxic environment

No team camaraderie and everyone is out for themselves . It's a dog eat dog sort of job that still tries to convince you there is a team environment so you will pick up others slack or do the grunt work.

Good for teenagers

If your looking for a job straight out of college stay away from tmobile. Working for this company means you will be struggling in life. The location i worked at offered me basically no hours and paid me very little

Account Manager

Great work environment especially if you find a position that you like. Great people. There are opportunities to advance in the right position and if you do what you are supposed to.

Worse job I have ever had

This was beyond worst job I’ve ever had! You go in and they fill you with false promises of moving you up in one and see you do good but it’s in the day no one is on your side and all anyone cares about is money not ripping people off lying to people manipulating employees and treating you like garbage ! No one cares about anyone else but them selfs there! If I could go back I wouldn’t even apply there !very poor management all around.

Cons

The Health care benefits are not good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight