T-Mobile Employee Reviews

Found 8,387 reviews matching the search See all 8,767 reviews
A very ‘Okay’ opportunity
Technical Care Expert (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 6, 2018
My experience working with T-Mobile was okay. The wage isn’t the best but the work environment is very relaxed. The content is easy to comprehend and your role is very well defined. There are several events and activities this company’s call center sponsors to help relieve stress, however, a lot of the time I found these to be distracting when actually performing my job (taking calls with very loud music and disregard for call quality by engaging in overtones conversation that was not work related).
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Wage, Distractions
Loved the work and the workers. Didn't love the bosses.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 24, 2018
Pro: Fast-paced, ambitious projects and intense schedules, Wonderful hardworking smart people!!! Really interesting technology and exciting challenges. Competitive pay and great benefits.

Con: Top heavy management structure with intense competition between managers; all trying to shine for each other. Micro-managers seem to thrive by demanding constant status updates. ICs have little autonomy regarding day-to-day tasks but get blamed when projects fall behind.
lots of promises without delivery
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 16, 2018
You'll be told that growth is possible (it's not) you'll be given unrealistic goals and held to the fire if they are not reached as well as when and if you do reach them they do not compensate you properly because they constantly change the commission structure so they can pay the least amount out. But worst of all when i lost my Grandfather and Mother in law to cancer in the same week I was asked if I still planned on coming in to reach my goals
Pros
discount on phone plan
Cons
everything else
Productive workplace with constant customer interaction and manageable schedule hours.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 19, 2018
Work would consist of opening the store by doing an inventory count, cash count, cleaning the store, and other small tasks. We would set daily goals of what we needed to sell and demo products to find what needs our customers have. We were allowed a 30 min lunch everyday with minimum breaks and would work weekends. Closing would consist of balancing the cash, going over reports to sort out any discrepancies, and cleaning up. Overall this job was demanding yet fulfilling.
Pros
Employee discounts, great co-workers.
Cons
Strict scheduling, and low base wage.
I personally have a lot of problems with management and it’s because I am highly opinionated about certain things
Mobile Expert (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJNovember 23, 2018
I personally don’t agree with the way management is set up I feel it’s a joke and I feel they want me to quit and are trying to also find a reason to fire me and although I had my issues with them I feel like for the 2 and a half years I been here they lied to me about my reason for changing stores so much and do not understand that a bad work environment can affect everyone else
Excellent workplace that is great for growing your career!
Tech Expert (Former Employee) –  Salem, OR 97302December 4, 2018
T-Mobile helped me advance my leadership skills, communication skills, and helped begin my career in IT. Do great and they will treat you amazingly! Management loves to see others succeed, and the company believes if their employees are happy, they will be better at treating customers, and they are not wrong! Hourly, with commission and regular incentives.
Pros
75% off T-Mobile bill, bi-yearly stock grants, training, advancement opportunities, set schedules, great incentives.
Cons
Above-average insurance costs, must be prepared to take some verbal abuse by customers. Management styles can differ, leading to inconsistent employee experiences.
Busy day of a T-Mobile Retail Store Manager
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2018
Typical day will be chalk full of conference calls, meetings with employees/staff, management and customer interactions. You have a lot of operational responsibilities as well from inventory to cash and credit card handling. You are also responsible for the safety and security of your front line and your customers in-store. Hardest part of the job is not seeing eye to eye with your manager and both of you not being on the same page. The most enjoyable part of my job is there was never a dull moment.
TCC T-Mobile took away everything.
Retail Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Roscoe, ILDecember 5, 2018
Ran 2 stores in a year by myself, promoted to Retail Associate Manager after 10 months. TCC came in and demoted me after getting a store manager for my location, because my location can't support both a RAM and a store manager. I asked every TCC higher up about advancement and working toward being my stores manager. I was told over and over that I would be promoted, but they hired someone instead of looking at the work I had done. T-Mobile itself isn't bad. TCC franchise is.
No work life balance
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 6, 2018
My typical day of work was about 18 hours a day always being on call in order to resolve customer issues. I was very successful in my tenure due to launching many complicated products with quality and high customer satisfaction.

I would recommend anyone looking at working there should be very cautious about who they are working with. The culture used to be very team oriented, but it has gotten very political.
Pros
People, customers, marketing strategy
Cons
work life balance, management, culture
Great first job, just not a career path
Signature Sales Associate / Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 12, 2018
Good company to work for. Great benefits, tuition reimbursement and discounted rate plans for employees. Need to do a better job of hiring management that cares about building people and relationships. Sometimes it's too sales focused and not on the employees. They hire outside instead of looking for candidates already in the pipeline.
Pros
Perks, benefits and time management
Cons
Management staff, hiring process, Sunday meetings are pointless
Great work, poor pay
Mobile Expert (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MANovember 15, 2018
It's a great place to work, but if you live in a generally low population area, your commissions will show it. You need to live in or near a major city in order to make a decent profit off of this job. Otherwise, the pay isn't too bad, but it doesn't feel like you're properly compensated for going above and beyond. The recognition you deserve will probably never be delivered unless you actively talk to your peers and engage with others in other locations.
Pros
Customer interactions, discounts
Cons
Poor training, Commissions change too much, very demanding
A day At T-Mobile
Business Account Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 16, 2018
Oversee, manage, and a develop a strong regional sales force to help them develop and establish long-term relationships with a portfolio of clients, and connect with key business executives and stakeholders. Liaise between customers and cross-functional internal and external teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to customer needs. Manage and develop client
accounts to initiate and maintain favorable relationship with clients.
Pros
day care help, school reimbursment
Cons
short term, long term, health care, dental, vision
Mobile Expert Lead (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 15, 2018
Working at T-Mobile was an exciting and engaging opportunity to develop sales, customer service and leadership skills. I would've love to stay and advance to something a bit more professional but the company does not offer enough advancement opportunities to retail employees. Overall a great experience but wanted to take a risk and gain some new skills outside of retail.
Pros
Benefits, uncapped commission, relaxed at times
Cons
Micromanagement, Lack of growth opportunities
Fun culture driven by sales
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 7, 2018
A typical day at work includes going over new promotions, ensure store is clean, assist customers with troubleshooting problems, make sales, and input the sales into the system. Management has been good for the most part, being leaders without an iron fist. The hardest part of the job is not having a set time for your daily schedule, it can vary depending on the customer you are working with towards the end of your shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a fun group of people that make work not feel like work.
After over a decade the company culture has shifted and the balance of work/personal time is almost non-existent.
Operations Manager, Field (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 7, 2018
T-Mobile is growing and making great strides to become one of the true "big boys" when it comes to wireless carriers. The CEO has made a huge difference in making that happen, and disrupting the wireless world.
Unfortunately the culture is slipping away and it doesn't appear it will ever get back to what brought employees there, and kept them.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Very little balance, and stress levels are getting higher across the board
Metro PCS - TMobile
Sales Representative, Metro PCS Corp (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLDecember 18, 2018
Working for MetroPCS you will receive your hourly pay plus commission. You learn how to best interact and listen to people with different behaviors but you must already be a patient and intuitive individual. MetroPCS/T-mobile does not offer any training on how to best interact with customers to meet your sales goals. Management is different in all locations and it can be a hit or miss when it comes to professionalism. Many employees choose not to voice their concerns in fear of being singled out. Scheduling is flexible but can not be set to meet personal needs if you are in school (this is true for specific location only).
Pros
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental
Cons
Schedule flexibility depends on the manager.
A great place to work...
positions below Senior Functional Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 3, 2018
T-Mobile was a great place to work. They provided great benefits. They allowed me to move to a variety of positions. They have a wonderful PTO (vacation) program. I enjoyed working with my colleagues and my supervisors.

I started with Configuration Management, then moved to Quality Assurance, then Test Delivery Lead, Application Lead, and finally Functional Analyst.

I truly enjoyed working at T-Mobile. It's a great place to work. And the leadership team works together to accomplish the company goals.
Pros
Vacation, benefits, flexible schedule, new position opportunities, was challenged, and learned so much!
Cons
good place to start off sales.
Store Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2018
i worked for a company called wireless vision they're the biggest third party company for t-mobile. when i first started the company it was fantastic my store manger was amazing and so was my district managers. This past year though it really turned for the worse new district managers took over, way more work for little pay.
Pros
people, discounts, vacation
Cons
upper management, new commission structure
Life at T-Mobile
Sr. Account Expert (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXNovember 2, 2018
My perspective comes from working in a call center. Although, the perks, pay, knowledge are amazing, you can get involved in call center gossip. You must be careful; you are there to work and not make friends, those people are not your friends.
There are exquisite managers and managers that are ordinary or below. Therefore, meeting your quota is imperative to ensure you get first pick of your schedule and managers. Other than that, T-Mobile is life. It is an amazing company and our CEO visits sporadically to motivate and give breaking news.
Pros
benefits, pay and commission
Cons
office gossip if in a call center, not every manager knows what they are doing.
Blown away
Team of Experts (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 15, 2018
Diversity, good pay, love for their people, recognition for being a veteran, constant positive feedback for work performance. This company is better than Boeing. My entire bachelors in computer engineering is free? I will graduate college with $0 in debt and land a six figure job within the very same company that put me through it. What more could you ask for. What I see from other negative posters is a lack of motivation. Team of Experts is a $50,000 a year job with a free $50,000 dollar degree. Did I mention that I sit in a massage chair on one of my 2 hour long breaks and eat at a great cafeteria for lunch? Deal with the drama and stay positive. They reward performers and expect you to promote.
Pros
Cons
It's still calling people and sales is a must.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K
42.9K
31.6K

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

72%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

91%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss