T-Mobile Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Found 366 reviews matching the search See all 9,769 reviews
na
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 22, 2019
A good Sales environment and comfortable work place, Not to much flexibility for home life but a lot of potential to advance within the company and further your career.
Negative Company
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXAugust 17, 2019
DO NOT work for this company! They are back stabbing and two faced! They will lie and toss you under the bus to get ahead! They spread false information about you just to be able to blame someone! Over work you and take from your pay! Only answer you get to your questions is an excuse or dodging the question all around! Make unrealistic goals and still beat you down if or when you hit said goals! Nothing is ever good enough and they don't care about you or your health
Great Company Overall
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2019
Better benefits than most other companies. They really try to have a fun and diverse culture.

Work-life balance is a huge issue for most employees, especially members of management.
It's what you expect
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  McMurray, PAAugust 13, 2019
The culture is friendly and supportive typically, with a fairly decent corporate support structure. Advancement opportunities vary significantly between ownership groups, so make sure you do research prior to applying. Benefits also will vary significantly, as well as commission structure, hours required, and the support of your ownership group. My best advice is to get everything in writing as part of a formal offer letter, and do your research prior to accepting a position.
Very good
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 11, 2019
Great company to work for and it's all about the team. Team building and sales culture is a great environment to increase productivity. Setting goals and achieving them is very gratifying.
Amazing job opportunity!
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLAugust 6, 2019
Very friendly environment the business is amazing to be in you have potential to earn as much money as you want. Its very competitive and you have to be knowledgable of what you're selling.
Interview
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 23, 2019
Excellent all around with the interview experiences and more. T-mobile was a growth experience for me. As an Store Manager it had a lot of challenges on a day to day basic. I never wait on biweekly. I work for my commission money because hard work pays off.
Dont do it
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAJuly 13, 2019
Dont do it its a terrible place and you recieve less than $2,000 aonth as a manager working 7 days a week open to close with no benefits or incentives. Slow advancement as well.
Great experience
Store lead / Mobile expert (Current Employee) –  Apollo Beach, FLJuly 10, 2019
I love working here management will do whatever they can to help you make more money i highly recommend this to anyone who has the passion to advance.
Favoritism at its best
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 7, 2019
You have to brown nose here in order to get far. If your not good friends with district Manager or director, your promotion options are nonexistent. You are always pressured to hit goals. If you don't hit monthly goals, you will be performance managed till you loose your job.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
No job security
Fun place to work
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJuly 6, 2019
T-Mobile is all about being your true self, which is awesome! As long as you can do customer service, you can do this job as a salesperson. All it takes is caring about the customer and attempting to make a sale.
A lot harder then you think.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tuckerton, NJJuly 2, 2019
Most sales positions work majorly off of commission, instead the commission structure is awful. Some people are shady and will ask you to do something that you’re not comfortable doing to hit numbers to get their own bonuses. Naturally you should know that the job is stressful and fast paced at times but when down time happens you are NOT allowed to use your device.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement long term and job security
Cons
Sketchy upper management sales tactics, low pay, no benefits, and lack of option to do things that are required to service certain customers.
Long hours and low pay
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXJune 19, 2019
Company has a hard time paying employees what they are owed and giving raising with additional responsibility. Lots of shady practices to get the sale before month end.
Great place to work, until they turn on you
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 13, 2019
I was an 8 year employee. Barely anything negative on my record. They pulled me into the back with loss prevention, accused me of theft, then sent me on leave. A week later, when they either couldn't prove it or realized their mistake, I was fired over the phone for a completely different reason that was NOT AGAINST POLICY. I have the documents to prove it. The at will nature of the employment meant I had no recourse.

8 years of hard work, down the drain for not breaking a single rule. I had been promoted twice, tossed from store to store as they needed without regard for myself or my family, and I did it all willingly only to be terminated for following policy to a T.

If you want a temporary job making good money, be a sales rep. Anything higher than that, get ready for politics, back stabbing, and a lack of any support. District managers pretend to do work, but all they do is "game plan" which in reality is having you do all the work, they write it down and give it to their bosses as their plan, then "hype you up" followed with accountability if you don't hit targets. Then get ready to have your career destroyed for unknown reasons because "office politics".
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
Politics, fake social justice culture
high paced environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJune 5, 2019
a company that continues to change the way it pays it's employees to keep them from being able to get accustomed to the new procedures. They are business minded not employee minded
Overall a very good company to work for.
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2019
The days at T-Mobile were filled with many tasks and duties. From assisting customers to motivating a team to achieve sales targets. Must be able to wear many hats. You are not just asked to manage employees or a store.
Was ok untill they decide to change commission structure
Store Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 26, 2019
Job was fine until they decided to change the commission structure basically so that they wouldn't have to pay out as much, and still push u for whatever goals they see fit even if your in a low income area
Pros
Service discount
Cons
commission
Good fun enviorment
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2019
Great place to learn the of selling and fun fast paved competitive environment. Get to something new every day and interact with new people I a day to day basis
Pros
Discounts on bills
Cons
Long hours at times with no extra pay
Good
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 22, 2019
I loved my experience working there over all. I just want to work in a place where I feel more comfortable like fitness industry. It is a solid check every month tho.
Pros
75% off on your phone bill
Cons
Work every day and it’s too boring
You guys have no clue in what goes on in t-mobile stores
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 12, 2019
One of your managers help boost $10,000.00 at a store in Kentucky. I really do need to make a story-time video about this. The culture there is lacking and they will never be a Apple Store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.

53.8K
43.2K
31.8K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at T-Mobile.

Powered by Comparably