T-Rex Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful Environment....
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDJuly 23, 2018
I was released from my position because the I was processing 38 - 39 claims per hour. Their reasoning for ending my contract is due to me not being able to process 40 claims per hour. But I know the real reason is because I spoke up!

After I was released, and contacted HR regarding my last pay, the HR representative asked me if I'd be interested in coming back. My response...."No Thank You. You did me a favor by ending my contract."

That place was a stressful environment daily. Management was not professional. The supervisor would talk all day, yet would expect workers not to. And my peers would continuously talk throughout the day, making it difficult to focus. And don't get me started with micro management.

Worse place I've ever worked!
Cons
Short breaks, and no benefits. Stressful work environment. Unable to focus or concentrate!
Great job for college students
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Berwyn Heights, MDJuly 21, 2018
From the time that I was employed there, it was a lot of craziness going on. The hours were ok, full time and benefits were granted to certain employees. I would work here if only it was my last resort.
About as good as any other collections agency
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2018
Overall, T-Rex corporation was an okay company to work for. Being a government contractor, they definitely held their employees to a higher degree than most other companies that I have worked for. Most of the main issues that I have exist due to the companies that T-rex were contracted with and their employees. The pay could have been better, but it was still reasonable.
Pros
Decent pay, Company prefers to promote from within rather than hire from outside
Cons
Be wary of the contract you will be working with, as well as the employees that work for it.
Good company, stressful project
Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMay 25, 2018
T-Rex looks out for its employees. However not a lot of opportunity for growth outside of current project. Good opportunities for recognition, and the senior management tries to stay involved.
Exciting opportunity
Jessup - Clerk 1 (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 1, 2018
This was an opportunity to grow and gain experience. The work environment was innovative. It was a pleasure meeting people with so many diverse backgrounds. Making friendships and aquaintances that have far outlasted the temporary project. It can be stressful working on a temporary project. But a positive mindset goes a long way. This was truly and unforgettable experience.
Pros
Provides opportunity
Cons
Temporary based on contract
We are t-rex
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDApril 3, 2018
This company is not a good place to work at. It want to live by the saying that we are all T-Rex, but in reality it is just the Main office and the little branches. This is a company that really put money over the hard working, and loyal workers that they have.
Good first customer service job
Data entry (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 20, 2018
Started here was good but trying to advance is quite hard since they decided to longer promote with in the company, they did at first but for what ever reason they stopped! I know plenty of people who applied for supervisor position and they still hired out side who had to be trained and never worked in a call center before
Benefits
Cons
No advancement
Excellent company
Knowledge Manager/Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MD 20770January 11, 2018
I've been working for contracting companies for almost 3 decades; T-Rex is definitely in the top 10%. Small company where I was a name, not just a number. Pay was competitive, coworkers were extremely well qualified, and home-office admin/management were a delight to work with and for. I really enjoyed working for them, and if the opportunity arose, would be happy to work for them again.
Excellent Opportunity for Admin Assistant Training
Data Entry Clerk Trainee (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDDecember 19, 2017
Great training opportunity for those with little to no job experience. I learned important skills that are relevant to an office job. Management personnel were always helpful and provided emails for updates accordingly. The workplace culture can honestly be disheartening, however--other employees prefer to interact with their own peers or people of similar backgrounds to their own. The hardest part of the job is hard to say, as I worked less than 20 hours per week. But, it may have to be the lack of busy-work if you are in the training program. The most enjoyable part was how informative the material was during the training.
Pros
Parking pass, paid training, workplace activities (holiday parties, free food occasionally)
Cons
Short breaks
Cheap Company, and doesn't value it's employess
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDNovember 18, 2017
This company does not like to spend money. If a computer is broken, they'd rather run through every other option, instead of replacing the already old computer. The pay sucks, and there is no room for advancement.
Pros
Lot of places to eat near building
Cons
meager pay, not valued as an employee, everyone is for themselves
Returning to the work arena
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDOctober 28, 2017
T-Rex is a place that welcomes you in the door give you plenty of training and step back and let you set your own tone in were you want to be in there company by the way you work hard and excel or take multiple days off and fail.
Pros
Room for advancment
Cons
Sorry but PAY RATE is minimum wage
Not a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 23, 2017
Worst place to work HR have nasty attitudes. Job description not worth the pay the 3 week training is not helpful at all. They hire u to leave your current job the position is not permanent if they feel as though u are not catching on to the information in training they will fire u instead of trying to help
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 4, 2017
I love working here, they have great managers and it's a great environment.Flexible hours, bonuses,and they feed you quite often. Unlimited overtime and unlimited ATO depending on the seasons.
Enjoyed
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDAugust 2, 2017
I worked there from October 2016 - July 2017; I personally enjoyed my time there, my co workers were fun to work with they made my day go a lot faster.
The managers tried to make sure that we were always comfortable and could perform our jobs in as much comfort as possible.
Day to day the environment was very relaxed, our dress for work was casual business wear.
The most difficult part of my job was trying to meet the contractor's requirements. We were responsible for inputting HCFA forms into a program, the contractor required 40 forms per hour, I was unable to meet that requirement.

Unfortunately, the contract they had us working under was extreme and I couldn't meet the requirements that the contractor wanted.
Pros
Enjoyable work atmosphere.
Cons
Contractual requirements
Great Place to Start
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDJuly 14, 2017
If you're looking for a place to start working until you find something else, then T-Rex's College Park office is the place to work. It's easy money, with a chill staff. As long as you do your part management is cool. It's not that diverse in culture, but the people seem really cool.
Pros
Metro accessible, right over top of a shopping center, lots to learn
No benefits at all
Medical Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDMay 4, 2017
Constant distress due tobtoo many hands trying to be boss, beckerring among each other, work environment is horrible, manager of people come to work with attitudes and take it out on the workers,
Pros
Free pizza at times, free basball tickets
Cons
Short breaks
Good place to work part time
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDMay 2, 2017
Easiest part of the job is the typing.
The hardest part of the job is the monotony
Great people to work with and for.
Mostly part timework is available
Pros
easy work
Cons
monotinous work get bored easily
productive management
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDFebruary 27, 2017
T-rex was great. A typical day at t-rex was coming in and starting your work witch is data entry for medical insurance. the management at t-rex was great very patient and understanding but also great leaders. the work culture was very different but very comfortable and the employers were great people.
Pros
office holiday party's. overtime free lunches
Inbound calls servicing defaulted Student loans
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Constant last minute mandatory overtime. If you can work 8am-8pm with being advised the day before then this is for you. If you don't work the mandatory overtime there are points that count against you and if you rack up 5 or 6 points then you'll most likely be terminated. Not for someone with a family or a single parent. If you are sick there is no lead way. After working 90 days you finally get ONE and a half vacation day. Pay rate isn't great and there is no room to move up at all unless you know someone.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 31, 2016
• Answering inbound calls by clarifying desired information such as consolidation, reinstatement, and rehabilitation; researching rehabilitation, locating private collection agencies, and providing resolution to wage garnishments, treasury income tax offsets(both state and federal), and social security offsets. Researching and exploring collections and alternative loan forgiveness; implementing solutions such as sending proper documentation via mail, fax and email through computer generated systems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-Rex Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.