T-ROC Employee Reviews

Management is combative and will make you feel like you are the one with the problem.
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 3, 2019
Clock in on phone which is a cheap system. My coworkers would stay home and still get paid. Commission is a joke just like management Only good things is the pay is 10.50 and be offs kick in exactly 3months into the job. Don’t trust your manager or coworkers. If you be fake and do what you have too do then you can make a good check. Over time was better then commission. They will not work with any other schedule you have. I don’t see this business lasting long in my area. Expect more drama then anything.
Benefits
January 15, 2019

Thanks for sharing this feedback. We are always wanting to improve and this will definitely help us. Louisiana is a new region and I am unsure as to what transpired but welcome the opportunity to discuss it with you.
We are committed to our client, Walmart, to be staffed specific hours and that schedule is shared during the interview process.
I wish you much success in your career.
Randy

Poor management
n/a (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 26, 2018
T-Roc is supposed to be in charge of ALL wireless including prepaid within Walmart stores. However, management is very persistent on not wanting to sell prepaid or assist customers with questions. Employees are never where they are supposed to be, and when called upon because they have customers, they are very rude and have an attitude both with other associates and its customers. When brought up to their manager about their behavior, the manager is very combative with associates or anyone bringing up an issue about their employees. all in all, T-Roc employees are a joke to have in store and useless since they are never there.
Pros
Cons
Employees and management (certain locations)
Great place to work!
Wireless Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Plains, MOJanuary 15, 2019
I love working for T-Roc! The company really makes you feel like a part of the T-Roc family from day 1. T-Roc is a very teamwork based company. You may be working in a store alone, but it never feels like you're actually alone because everyone reaches out to make sure you're doing okay throughout the day. My favorite thing about this company is that they encourage internal promotions! I can't wait to see how far I go with this company!
Pros
Commission, relaxed, great coworkers and management!
Horrible place to try to start a sales career.
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Don’t try to work here. The manager shows tons of favoritism and to avoid having to pay you any unemployment they threaten you by saying “you have committed time clock fraud, and you either resign now or we will take legal action” basically trying to scare you into quitting so they don’t have to pay unemployment. Now onto the Walmart associates. Do NOT cross them or get on their bad side because they will tell lies to get you terminated. If you expect your manager to stick up for you then good luck. Overall this was the worst nine month experience I have ever had with a job and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.
Pros
No manager on site
Cons
Everything else
Absolutely amazing place to work.
Senior wireless specialist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, TNJanuary 11, 2019
I have been working here for 2 years in that time I have received a promotion and 3 raises in pay. You wont find another company that values their employees more or has more of a family feel than T-ROC if you ever have a question or need help or anything everyone in the company is only a simple message away and everyone is always willing to help. The chances for advancement in T-ROC are very high. Innovativeness and creativity are valued and encouraged. If becoming leadership in the company is your goal it is an attainable goal. In short this is a company you can really make a life long career with.
Pros
Discounts on wireless services, training to be promoted to leadership
January 15, 2019

Some people take this opportunity to vent the bad; I want to thank you so much for sharing your incredible journey with everyone.
Yes, we want to be the company where you can grow, develop and shine.
I cannot wait to hear more of your successes. Congratulations and thanks for all you do each and very day!
Randy
Director of People Attraction at T-ROC

Manager spreading gossip between his employees favoring certain employees over others.
Wireless specialist (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 5, 2018
The job was fun at first then slowly it became who is better at this or at that. Gossip from the manager to other employees about other employees. Hr doesn't help either waste of time going to them with your concerns. Hard to sell things in a market that's not very busy. Get called out on things when your not selling fast enough on work chat. Would not recommend this job to anyone I know.
It’s fun but watch
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJanuary 7, 2019
T-roc is a phone provider selling out of Walmart and other retailers. Not only will you be required to follow t-roc rules, you will also be required to follow Walmart’s which actually conflict and cause issues for a lot of the people there.
While you are on your own, your manager requires you to be in a chat group with other store they are over. Not only that but you will be required to be active on said group chat while bragging about sell.
The management while it’s there it’s also pointless. Never once did I meet anyone above my direct manager so when I had issues I couldn’t let anyone know.
Be expected to belittled by everyone without having you manager back you up in the long run.
Pros
Barely any good comes from this
Cons
Management is poor.
January 11, 2019

I am truly sorry that you had a poor experience at your store and working for T-ROC. Your feedback will help us going forward and we appreciate your taking the time to share it.
We have an amazing relationship with our client, WALMART, the world's largest retailer and are proud to be in over 1300 locations operating within their Electronic Center of the Future.
Unfortunately for you, you ran into some employees that were unable to understand the amazing T-ROC culture. We LOVE having WorkChat. This enables our employees across the country to stay connected and share their successes and ideas.
We wish you heaps of success in your future endeavors.

Director of People Attraction at T-ROC

One of the best jobs ever!
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJanuary 11, 2019
Honestly, I would go back to this job in a heartbeat! You make great money and it’s something that is enjoyable, if you like electronics then this job is a perfect fit. You are paid really well for what you do and you also get commission! Management is helpful and very kind. There’s always room for advancement in a growing company like T-ROC, it’s definitely worth it.
Pros
Commission, discounts, work-life balance
Cons
This job is absolutely terrible.
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2018
If youre a hardworking person and actually enjoy going to work and being productive; this job is not for you. Management picks favorites. And they will have you in a team workchat. So that if the managers cant answer, then your team can. Well that chat is very unreliable. There is no supervision as well. You are your own management and support.
Pros
A bunch of free time
Cons
"Management", coworkers, 'team', Unreliable
Only good thing was my manager
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Trumann, ARNovember 15, 2018
the job only paid $10 an hour. the commission you made was only $5 a phone even if you sold a $1000 iphone X. the job was a joke, the commission was a joke. the point system was a joke designed for kindergartners. My manager was the only good thing about this job. He fought for us, but the company fought him back. they over worked him. All in all, this job is the biggest joke I've ever worked. they care nothing about paying you so you can provide for your family. I never got my commission after I left either. I would not recommend this job to anybody. Look somewhere else.
Pros
My Manager
Awesome Job Amazing People
Wireless specialist (Current Employee) –  Starke, FLNovember 12, 2018
I love working with this company you start by 9:55 am some days some days its as late as 12:30 pm but you are home by 10:pm unless its holiday then its different as to be expected but you get uncapped commission time and a half for holiday and overtime pay its an amazing job opportunity with so many amazing benefits. You get to work with not only knowledgeable marketing managers but individuals who will go the extra step or mile to help you grow your business and be the best at what you do. I would and have recommended this company to several people.
Pros
Company discounts Uncapped commissions Paid time off after 90 days
Cons
None this is an awesome company
For the First Job its ok
Mobile Team lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 8, 2018
Its hard to say since I am a Former Employee. When it comes to the money wise on commission, it seriously is a joke. The pressure on selling new lines was very difficult. Regional Managers would mention we are starting this program and let it drop. Career Advancement is not really given unless someone quits.
Pros
The amount that you learn is amazing for today's technology
Cons
no advancement really and wages are a joke.
Great opportunity and fun work environment
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethany, OKJanuary 9, 2019
I started this job almost 1 year ago. Maybe a little less. Every day is something new. As a market manager, it's a new adventure everyday. On the plus side, I enjoy growing my team and watching them succeed. I am thankful for this job and look for the opportunity to grow with this company.
Pros
The people i work with and the ability to get promoted fast
January 11, 2019

Being a passionate entrepreneur is what being a Market Manager at T-ROC is all about! Own your Market and help your teams amaze their customers and make demand success in all they do.
We have had over 500 promotions in the past year at T-ROC, and with your enthusiasm and success, we cannot wait to see what is next for you.
Thanks for being a great T-ROCer and sharing your comments.
Director of People Attraction at T-ROC

Don’t kill your career with T-ROC
Wireless Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 28, 2018
I was the number sells guy in my market of region 19. I sold over 300 post paid phones in less 2 months of working. I was promised advancement and got into a market champion role that was garbage and I didn’t make a penny more than what I was making while I was in the regular group chat. I left this company becasue i realized I would never ever become a market manager it’s all lies they tell you here. I give my 2 weeks and my manager didn’t honor it at all. I should have just worked and then quit he didn’t deserve my 2 weeks notice. This guy then goes and lies to Walmart employees telling them I got let go from complaint which is false because I quit on my own terms. Don’t work here ever even if you’re broke and need a job it’s awful. I wouldn’t recommend this spot to my worst enemy.
Pros
Worst job ever
Cons
Everything is bad here.
Absolutely terrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cassville, MOOctober 2, 2018
Managment harrasses you, no training, commissions aren't given to you till one month after you earn it, also if you quit before that you don't get your commissions, manager refuses to help you, and rather than pull you aside to talk to you about a mistake they pull you to a walmart breakroom insult you then write you up. If you joon here just know you made a grave mistake
Pros
Sometimes you meet friendly staff and customers and you get customer experience for your next job
Cons
Everything else
The only time you should consider working here is if you live in a wealthy/densely populated market. Otherwise, skip the headache
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYSeptember 29, 2018
This is one of the most stress inducing jobs you could choose. The management is unwilling to provide feedback, there is little to no training whatsoever, the commission sucks, you are constantly griped at to get sales when little to no customers are in the store and if there are customers they usually aren't interested, and you have no feeling of belonging while you work for them. This company has an extremely high turnover rate for a reason, don't waste your time.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor management, no training, awful comission pay rate, stressful work environment
Not the best place i would work for.
Wireless Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAOctober 21, 2018
Working in T-Roc can be a great time in the idea of being able to understand each program, provide incite on each individual plan, and the best part BEING A TEAM! With that in mind being able to work as a team is the biggest mistakes I have ever made within this company, just for someone to take all the credit and push it on someone who didn't do anything the entire time they worked for the company. Furthermore, you will not get paid for doing your managers job and providing them with ideas to make your team work better as a unit and not as an individual. If I was in charge there would be many different things that I would do differently to keep my associates from walking out leaving one individual in the store alone for months at end.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Management team is very unprofessional
Poor management. Manager
Cell Phone Specialist (Former Employee) –  Crestview FloridaSeptember 26, 2018
Working inside Walmart very stressful. Manager talks to you any kind of way and think it is ok. The managers at Troc tell your personal business to other coworkers. Common sense is not to tell anyone’s personal business very unprofessional. They don’t know how to work their own company. The managers don’t train you, they just hire you and put you in a store and when you ask them a question they tell you they don’t know how to do it. Overall the pay is good but not good enough to be disrespected while you are working.
Pros
Good Pay for someone on their own or with 1 child.
Cons
Managers are rude and tell your personal business.
Dont work here
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARDecember 19, 2018
Walmart employees were rude they barely help they left all the time and left me and my coworker by ourself to where we lost sales. Management was no help at all. I would not recommend anybody to work here too stressful. Walmart management basically has the power to take your job because they don’t like what you can and can’t do.
Advancement opportunities and amazing work culture
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLSeptember 28, 2018
The staff is great and everyone gets along very well. You will always have a helping hand. Always a fun work environment as it's part of our core values "Have fun and never take yourself too seriously." Constantly learning and growing because they invest time and money in you. It's a great company to work for and one that you will want to stay in for long term.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-ROC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight