T-ROC Employee Reviews

Not worth working for
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 24, 2019
I do not suggest working for this company. Favoritism at its finest. They want you to shove phones down people's throats when they are perfectly happy with their current service provider. They don't bother with phone returns but if you aren't selling, they'll be on you about it.

So unless you love to hound all the customers in Walmart by "engaging" this job isn't worth the stress. And they wonder why they have a high turn over rate.
Pros
Cons
Favoritism, poor managing
Do not be fooled
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 23, 2019
They tell you they are there for you but will fire you with no verbal or no type of coaching. The worst company I have EVER in my life recruited for. The director is evil.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No benefits, no security
Bad Place to Work
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, PAMarch 22, 2019
You feel like a slave trying to get people that are happy with there current cell service provider. T-ROC wants those people to switch to AT&T or Verizon and its difficult because it is a high pressure sales position
Pros
Discounts on Post Paid Cell Service Provider
Cons
High Pressure Sales
Poor and sorry management
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Barnwell, SCMarch 22, 2019
Poor management . Managers every week and they ignore associates that complain about other associates. I haven’t seen my commission at all. I think the managers and other co workers are straight bullies.
Run far far away
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 21, 2019
This was by far the worst job I have ever had. You are stuck in a Walmart electronics department where you continually hear “do you work here?” When you explain your role 9 times out of 10 they are aggravated that you are not an actual Walmart employee. You are supposed to walk around the store harassing people to upgrade their phones. The Walmart employees absolutely hate having you in their department and make it well known. Management is a total joke. I worked there three months and saw my manager once. There is not training at all, you do a few modules on your phone and are thrown to the wolves.
Pros
None. This place is terrible
Cons
Don't work here unless you want to give up your family and your sanity
Moblie Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILMarch 21, 2019
No life work balance at all. Company expects you to work 6 days a week from 8am to 10:30pm. Even on Sundays you get calls.
While on PTO and during vacation, you still get dragged into work and no one will help keep you updated. Plan on being punished for taking time off and then come back to a total disaster since no one watched your market properly.
You will get punished for making dinner or spending time with your family, even if you have pressing family matters. Work comes first regardless of your personal life.
You must be willing to drop everything and work as long as they tell you to. This means long nights on the phone long after you've come home just to not have your manager calling you every 5 mins to yell at you and tell you that you aren't doing your job and you're holding everyone back.
The work chat will eat up all your time and it will distract you when you need to provide your attention to something more important. Be prepared to be yelled at for being in a meeting, training, or doing any other facet of your job for not being present in chat every 30 mins.
Projects will pile up and management will continue to come up with new ways of doing things every few days. Nothing is consistant. Your job and what you do changes daily.
You will live on conference calls that have nothing to do with your job and are basically a waste of time when you could be productive and giving attention to your team.
You're responsible for employees quitting, not following the right protocol even after you've directed it to them previously, and staffing your own market regardless
  more... of the fact you have a recruiter who is suppose to be doing it for you.
Your recruiter will either be amazing or you will have to fight to get them to send you 1 referral every month.
You are told to cc everyone to emails they will never read and they will yell at you and hold you accountable for the fact that they haven't read them. Instead of fixing the issue, they will just ask you to send the same email multiple times. All of it will lead nowhere in the end.
You will talk to many different people in this job, never get a straight answer, and ultimately be yelled at for not knowing what you are doing.
This is a place that is not properly managed and has too many issue with turnover and training. Be forewarned, you with never manager anyone. Instead you will be a robot for bad decisions.
My personal experience lead to me being terminated and collecting unemployment after a review stated that I was let go for misconduct. It was apparently due to sale performance for the current month which wasn't even over. It was also the only month my team hadn't beat our previous monthly sales. It was found by the State of Illinois that I was let go for no apparent reason and that nothing I did was an offense for termination.
After bringing it to the attention of the company, nothing has been done and the same cycle continues.
Proof that this company has no control, want, or time to deal with pressing issues that let go of good managers.
I was told I was rehireable and to be honest, I don't believe I could ever work for a company that has no desire or want to listen to its managers or employees.
These are just a few of the examples of the things you have to deal with and while I understand that everyone has their own experience, mine and others I know are all the same with this company.
You should never be fearful of losing your job, stressed out about constant pressure from management, or being demeaned or spoken down to. You should enjoy your job, look forward to the challenges you face, and respect and be respected by your managers and peers. This is the way it should be when you work for someone and not a constant rollercoaster of stress and fear. Hope this helps for those of you looking into into this position.
Pros
Good Coworkers, Good employees, decent auto reimburstment
Cons
Management, micro managed, unrealistic sales goals expectations, no personal life
I love and miss it.
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSMarch 18, 2019
I miss T-roc's (PAY) and my customers. Overall, management was very poor. They only cared about making a sale smh. I didn't have proper training. I only seen my market manager once in 4 months. I complained a lot about my selfish coworker, nothing was done until we got into a fight 🙄🙄! We were working like slaves.
Pros
Discount on phone services, 401k, Great commission
Cons
No time with family. That's your life
Don’t waste your time!
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMarch 17, 2019
This company is a complete joke, they will only set you up for failure! You could get terminated for just about anything! Please don’t waste your time because they honestly do not care about you!
Pros
Cons
The whole company!
March 18, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.
We take every single comment seriously and are sorry it did not work out for you.
Sr Director of People Attraction

Its an amazing place to work and the people are so nice.
Wireless Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCMarch 16, 2019
I have been working for TROC for half a year and I have enjoyed every minute of it. The people are amazing and they make you feel so welcomed. It's like one big family.
Pros
Pays hourly + commision
Cons
Short lunch breaks
March 19, 2019

We are always looking to improve the employee experience and love reading that your T-ROCer journey has been great so far.
Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know.

Don’t waste your time
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYMarch 11, 2019
Worked there for 4 months employees are kiss but nd manager takes the employee side over mine don’t waste your time working for this company I wish I would have never worked for this company
March 19, 2019

We take every comment seriously and are thankful for your feedback.

Really good place
Wireless specialist (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 5, 2019
The job is fun to be at interacting with different people every day you are guaranteed your 2 days off a week job advancement is a difficult thing to review on. I want to advance in Troc I love my job and enjoy doing the things I do but I would like to do more have more responsibility in the field be able to try everything troc related in the company
Pros
Guaranteed 2 days off a week paid time off and management is understanding
Cons
Health insurance is pretty expensive but I’m still not inderstanding it
March 19, 2019

We appreciate your comments and love hearing from our folks in the field.
Please get with your Market Manager to discuss your career path. I would also suggest emailing People Experience to help you understand our benefits.

T-ROC

Great company to work for and have an amazing market manager.
Wireless Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hazard, KYMarch 4, 2019
This job has been an amazing experience for me so far and I am grateful to this company and the people within the company for this opportunity. This job allowed me to not only help in supporting my family but it also allowed me to continue my education as I am currently taking classes through an accredited university and will receive my bachelors degree within the year. I think this is an awesome company and I look forward to my future in this company.
Pros
Commission, discount, working in Walmart.
Cons
Warp
March 19, 2019

We truly appreciate your 5 Stars! Every review is so important us and taken seriously.
We, too, look forward to you growing with T-ROC.

They wrongfully terminated me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 3, 2019
This company wrongfully terminated me after a Walmart assistant manager approached me disrespectfully. I simply stood up for myself, but TROC terminated me simply because they did not want to lose their license they had with Walmart. They do not look out for their employees...only for themselves. No one ever asked for my side of the story. They simply sided with the Walmart manager and let her get away with how poorly she treated me.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, little to no sales, boring, literally on your feet the entire shift
March 19, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and comments . We take each review seriously .
Wishing you success.

Troc
Retail Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 1, 2019
Great flexibility and good working with mobile phone companies.
Training Is quick and to the point, not a lot of time to just talk to
sales person. Complicated payroll system.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
uses my Cell phone extensivley, no compensation for it low mileage
March 19, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to comment as we take each review seriously.
Please reach out to People Experience to clear up questions you might have regarding compensation.

Troc
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 28, 2019
As far as tbe job, i loved working for them. It was a laid back environment and i was pretty much my own boss. My kids schedule did not match works so i had to do what was necessary.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Too much down time
March 19, 2019

We truly appreciate reading each and every review and your taking the time to give your comments.

Good luck!

Director of People Attraction

Senior HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 27, 2019
The environment and workplace culture is fair and friendly. There is a lot of flexibility to be creative in your role. The lack of office bureaucracy makes decision making seamless. The hardest part of the job was leaving it.
March 19, 2019

We not only appreciate the 5 Stars, but your taking the time to comment on your experience at T-ROC.
We look at each review individually and take them all seriously.

Thanks again,

T-ROC

They dont care about you
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 26, 2019
If scammers come in expect to lose your job. They will side with them and fire you. They dont have your back. DONT make the same mistake as me and choose this company!
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Everything else not in cons
March 19, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we take each and everyone seriously and review them individually.

No Hours
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 26, 2019
I was hired on back in late November. It's been over 2 months now and the most follow-up I've gotten were two different phone screens about my availability for projects. I was told I'd receive emails or correspondence about upcoming projects/opportunities in my area. I've heard absolutely nothing about upcoming projects.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
March 19, 2019

I am appreciative of your taking the time to share your feedback.
The FLEXROC division is project based and discussed during the interview process. Please feel free to reach out to us to discuss as we take every comment seriously.

T-ROC

The worst company to EVER work for!!
Wireless Specialist (Current Employee) –  LouisianaFebruary 24, 2019
This company is the WORST company to EVER work for. The management is BEYOND HORRIBLE. They have poor communication skills and expect you to sell outrages amount of phones in A DAY. If you don’t sell the ridiculous amount of phones they want you to sell, THEY WILL THREATEN TO FIRE YOU and eventually will! People quit literally everyday in this company. They don’t care about anything that you have going on either. They don’t care if you are fighting for your life in the hospital, THEY WILL LET YOU GO!. DO NOT, I REPEAT DOOO NOT WORK FOR THESE HORRIBLE PEOPLE. They don’t train you correctly and expect the employees that you work with to train you! You will HATE WORKING FOR THEM!!!
Pros
Cons
Poor management, unfairness, lack of communication, horrible working hours, and unfair pay.
March 19, 2019

We truly appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. We review and take each and every comment seriously.

Good Luck in your career,

Love t-roc
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCFebruary 20, 2019
I have been with the company for a while now and I truly love going into work. The freedom to succeed on your own terms, uncapped commission opportunities, not to mention an ever expanding market for advancement or transfers throughout the many different divisions are just a few of the things I love about my job. Yeah there are difficulties but that's why we get paid! And the pay is very competitive for people willing to go out and work for it. And as far as management, my team has been extremely helpful and will take time to help guide you towards your sales and career goals as long as you are working too. I will be honest, there is a fair amount of turn over but aggressive sales isn't a market for everyone. If you are hungry and tenacious but still friendly and dedicated to giving your customers an amazing experience, you will thrive with the company.
Pros
Uncapped commission, set schedule, lots of freedom, many advancement opportunities
Cons
Highly competitive environment not fit for all
March 19, 2019

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your T-ROC experiences.
We take each and every review seriously and review them individually.
Our people are what make this the best place to work!

T-ROC

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-ROC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight