T-ROC
52Below average
2.6
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

T-ROC Employee Reviews

United States620 reviews
Don’t do it, you basically have to walk around trying to get customers to buy a phone, upgrade their service or switch it to one of the carriers that they work with
July 6, 2020
Thank you for positing your feedback! We take these comments seriously and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We will address the areas that require improvements.
From the day I started to the day I left I was either constantly trying to be bullied or the management wanted to argue with me over every single thing no matter what. You’ll constantly be berated, disrespected and never appreciated. For 10.50-11.50 its good pay but the workload gets bigger and bigger just about every day. Worst place of employment ever.
July 6, 2020
The way this place is run is awful. Management will treat you like you're one of the best then turn around and put you in blast in front of the other WS. Everything you do is on your phone so heaven forbid you have to charge it in the middle of the work day. I've been through 3 different market managers and every one has been worse then the last.
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Poor management, commission
July 6, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to post about TROC. We apologize that we did not completely meet your expectations.
You good thing about Troc you have good hours and get paid good . The bad thing is I didn’t have all the tools for the work we had to do . I had a manager who wanted us to lie about the numbers we making to make himself look good for his boss. All round very unprofessional I don’t recommend this job to anybody.
July 6, 2020
We appreciate your feedback and apologize that we did not completely meet your expectations.
I worked for troc 7mo. Train management before you train people.They love to give finally warnings before you get verbal warning and illegally sign it
Pros
You meet interesting people
Cons
They are thieves
July 6, 2020
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Troc has a was ok to work for the company they did make changes that everyone was not comfortable with. It depends on which location you work at whether you will like or not. The location i worked at was not very friendly.
Benefits
Cons
commission
June 26, 2020
Thank you for providing us with your feedback and bringing this to our attention. We assure you that this level of friendliness is not the norm in all of our TROC stores.
It was alright. But you get no schedule flexibility. If you want weekends off you can forget it. The commission went way down and the goals went up. They just expect you to work with less pay than Walmart employees but sit there and do their job and your job and more all at the same time.
June 26, 2020
Thank you for your review and bringing this to our attention. We apologize that we did not completely meet your expectations.
Not worth working for all they care for is themselves (owner and managers) the pay plan they just put is horrible good luck making money with t-roc don’t waste your time
Pros
Non
June 16, 2020
This company don't care about their employees. They will tell you that you can move up but with the new pay structure you can't since you may loose your job within first month. They change things so often you don't even know what you are doing anymore. You loose who you are because you are put down so much. They don't care about you and your health. They are at home while you risk your life. Don't apply for this company.
June 11, 2020
We apologize to hear you had a negative experience. T-ROC prides themselves in treating each person as a passionate entrepreneur. Thank you for sharing your valued feedback and we will address the areas that require improvement.
It is a good company to work for. They are great about helping you transfer locations if you have to move or anything. They pay hourly plus commission and have good benefits.
June 11, 2020
Thank you for posting about TROC. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us feedback with your kind words. We look forward to amazing our customers with you by our side.
Definitely enjoy my time here I have really a good opportunity to make a good living. I'm able to work at my own pace and always get positive feed back from my co workers and supervisor. I enjoy working for Troc it has so much opportunities
Pros
Good money and chance for advancement
Cons
Long hours but it's worth it
June 11, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to post for TROC. We value seeing our employees flourishing as entrepreneur and our truly excited to see what we can do together as a team.
This Company only cares about selling a phone MM didnt train not helped or other employees we learned on our own. Need to learn how to be a professional
June 5, 2020
We apologize that we did not completely meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback.
I love the job. I don’t have anything else to say except that allow me to learn at my own pace. They provide learning courses for you to to help familiarize yourself with your job duties.
May 28, 2020
We appreciate your feedback and kind words. We strive to have a positive impact on all our employees and our pleased to know we are providing you with the tools you need to be an entrepreneur. We look forward to seeing you grow at T-ROC!!
The Start of Troc first Top performing 100 units per month all 8 stores added together for 2 years can't touch your numbers people are pitted against each other and the people in blue you go there job because there hiding in photo counter and then want to talk trash and your co-workers that do the same well your screwed trust no one and when others company poach you take it !
May 25, 2020
I had ask to be transferred to Georgia which they told me they couldn't transfer me but talk to a representative over the phone and told me they was over georgia now i have to wait 6 months for another troc job and can't get unemployment
May 18, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post about TROC. We appreciate your valued feedback and will continue to strive to improve ourselves.
Worse company ever. Benefits are high and useless. Pay is poor unless you sale beyond what you need. Management is a joke. At the Walmart stores the managers are the worst. Believe me when I say do not work for this company and don't buy your phones from Walmart. They are all refurbished junk.
May 18, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We value and respect your opinion. We will address the areas that require improvements.
TROC makes everyone feel a sense of importance. You can reach out and chat with the CEO as if he or she were your direct manager. Benefits are not great.
May 11, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post about TROC. We are thrilled and excited to hear about your meaningful experience at TROC. We appreciate your valuable feedback.
I hated working there. Bad management is a joke! Commission is an even bigger joke. No advancement opportunities unless you super good at scamming people into stuff they don’t need or want. You end up spending your days fighting and bugging people for sales.
May 11, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post about TROC. We are sorry for the frustrations you experienced. Your feedback will be shared with the appropriate team to make sure these issues are addressed.
At first I loved working for this company. The Walmart I was in had plenty of nice employees and I even made friends with some of them including my fellow T-ROC employee. We were in a remote area and yet we still had the most sales in our region according to the numbers. Our store was number 1. I doubled my sales next month in one week and I was still fired because my boss didn't want to transfer me to another store.
May 11, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post about TROC and bringing this to our attention. We will share your comments with the appropriate channels so we can always ensure our employees our receiving clear communication from us .
I do not recommend this company for anybody. During hard times the coronavirus we got nothing we were offered nothing we are essential workers and get treated like we are slave workers
May 11, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post about TROC. We have shared your concerns with the appropriate channels to ensure this is addressed. We appreciate your review.
No advancement opportunities at all. You work in Walmart and have to deal with their customers and get cussed daily for not doing their employees job. If I had it to do again, I’d have never come to work here. Very cut throat culture
May 11, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback about TROC. Please know your concerns have been noted and shared with the appropriate channels.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-ROC. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at T-ROC.