T-ROC Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Hostile place
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAApril 17, 2019
TROC is not a compassionate job, I got threatened to get fired when I had lost a family member and they wanted me to miss the funeral resolving in me quitting. You end up standing around a lot of times with nothing to do. The pay was great. They are very unorganized.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hostile environment
Amazing work of environment
Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCApril 8, 2019
I’ve been with T-ROC since Nov of 2018 and absolutely love it. Management is amazing from chain of commandments. Benefits and pay is very good. This company understands you and works with any situation you have. I’d highly recommend working for this organization.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Pto, management
Good Sales Experience Inside of Global Retailer
Mobile Sales Associate – Walmart Electronics (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 31, 2019
Without having access to a personal vehicle, this job was difficult to be fully available for all of the twists and turns that occurred during the employment term.
Pros
Paid directly onto ADP pay card
Cons
Abrasive management
They cave to Walmart
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INJanuary 17, 2019
They will cave to WalMarts demands, even if that means you go back to work only after 6 hours between shifts and only get 3 hours of sleep and are put to work for another 12 hours especially during black Friday since that's their bread and butter sales weekend. If you say something stupid when you are burnt out from working on little sleep with no help from WalMart employees you will be terminated. They won't try to work things out they will just suspend you without warning and then fire you. They don't care what your sales record is and won't do anything to relocate you or find you another position. Their HR manager is horrible. Their tech support is outsourced and many times it's hard to understand what the person is saying. I resigned so I wouldn't have to put terminated on my resume.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
They don't stick up for or support their employees. They care more about making WalMart happy.
One of the best jobs ever!
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INJanuary 11, 2019
Honestly, I would go back to this job in a heartbeat! You make great money and it’s something that is enjoyable, if you like electronics then this job is a perfect fit. You are paid really well for what you do and you also get commission! Management is helpful and very kind. There’s always room for advancement in a growing company like T-ROC, it’s definitely worth it.
Pros
Commission, discounts, work-life balance
Don't work here
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MOJanuary 6, 2019
Very bad place to work Walmart associate are very rube and will blame troc for everything little thing they can not worth the headache plus it's a trial to see if Walmart will keep troc in there stores
Cons
Bad pay bonus at the end of the month
Official response from T-ROC
January 11, 2019

It is upsetting to the entire T-ROC leadership to hear comments like this and I wish you would have reached out to us.
T-ROC is not on a trial with Walmart. In fact we have gone from being in 190 locations to over 1300 locations in 2 years due our relationship and continued success.
Commissions are UNCAPPED and based on an employees success, the sky is the limit and we have over 500 internal promotions to show that.
I would agree that there are always some rude people out there; it's how you turn that around and show your incredible T-ROC culture that matters!
We wish you nothing but the best in your career!

Randy Brandon
Director of People Attraction at T-ROC

Dont work here
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARDecember 19, 2018
Walmart employees were rude they barely help they left all the time and left me and my coworker by ourself to where we lost sales. Management was no help at all. I would not recommend anybody to work here too stressful. Walmart management basically has the power to take your job because they don’t like what you can and can’t do.
Don’t do it to yourself.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  IndianaDecember 10, 2018
They have some awesome salespeople working for them, but they aren’t in the sales roles. They make the job seem so awesome when you’re applying, you get there, and realize that it’s garbage. They get fined by Walmart if a troc employee isn’t there so, most of the time they hire people just so they don’t get fined. I dug myself into a HUGE financial hole working there because I had to work so far away from home, and you don’t make near as much money as they say you will. When me transferring to another store, closer to home, was mentioned to my market manager, he basically told me to deal with it, it not so nice terms, because he would’ve been fined had I transferred. His fines were more important than my survival.

You might as well forget about any training. They have you sit in a classroom or the store and watch a slideshow the first day all on company history. You’ll be ran through the WARP program in about ten minutes, and then you’ll see your market manager once a month. You get more help from the Walmart associates than anything.

Their pay plan is garbage. You make $5 per $900 post paid phone you sell. You’re checks with hourly, commission and store bonus will be a little under $800 on a good month, while other places give you that in commission alone. They make it seem like you can make thousands in commission, but the average person can’t, and won’t.

They say you can advance in the company fairly quickly, but you have to endure all of their false promises, and micro-managing for six months before they even let you apply for other jobs, and after that, you’re
  more... put into an application pool just like someone that doesn’t work there.

The ONLY THING good about working at troc is the sales experience I got to put on my resume, and the friends I made that worked at the Walmart and inside troc. I still keep in contact with some of them even after being gone for over a month.

I CANNOT STRESS IT ENOUGH WHEN I SAY THIS.... I would not wish working at troc on my worst enemy. Don’t work here if you value yourself in any way.
Pros
Sales experience and friends.
Cons
Literally everything else.
Almost perfect!
Certified Wireless Associate (Current Employee) –  Linton, INNovember 19, 2018
I love this job. It's great for experience and growth in sales. Also room for growth is abundant. It's a fun and creative environment. I also love the acknowledgment of the veterans in the company. That made me realize this company cares. You should work here.
Pros
Management, hours, pay, environment
Cons
fun and very learnable work.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  WalmartAugust 30, 2018
Good location (inside Walmart), and quick environment. Friendly people who are willing to take their time to help you succeed. Not extremely competitive, but they still encourage you to do better than before.
Not worth it
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 11, 2018
Management is the worst. No weekends off at all. "If I don't get weekends off, neither will you!" Quote directly from the manager. Said one thing but then switched it up to another after it became an issue. Comissions are a total joke.
boring
Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJuly 29, 2018
horrible manager and boring shifts just standing around doing nothing for 8 hrs a day and no weekends off all i did was stand around doing nothing until someone wanted a phone and if it was postpaid i couldnt even help them with the phone but yet were called wireless specialist.
low commission job
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cynthiana, KYMay 28, 2018
the job only provide 5 dollar per contract phone and you had to work even harder for people to get interested. the system to check their credit is slow and not as advanced as any of the other cellphone service providers.
This place
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOMay 22, 2018
Worked here full time for about a year started off great management was awesome then market manager left the new one was awful changed everyone’s hours Walmart is on a power trip you might as well go work for Walmart you do there job and get paid less than they do hours are awful mandatory weekends if you have a family you like spending time with don’t work here pay was alright that’s about it also breaks and lunches suck you barely get any time at all only bright side I met some awesome people working there market manager is terrible won’t even talk to her employees also she’s very unprofessional like super unprofessional
Pros
Cons
Short breaks hours
Think 2x before applying
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2018
Management for this company is terrible if you want quick money apply the Manager is a racist and will spy on you sneaky guy only cares about himself I do not recommend this job at all
Benefits
Cons
Lack of leadership, poor management
Great place, rough atmosphere
Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Belle Vernon, PAJanuary 1, 2018
Great place to work for but the trickle down of commission is minimal compared to other companies and working inside Walmart makes it more difficult to focus on your own job.
Great job
Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHNovember 7, 2017
Its a great company with lots of pluses if you wanna learn about the wireless game! Lots of commission and bonuses, and awesome Employee discounts!!!!
Great company to work for and great cell phones
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 21, 2017
Loved the people I worked with and enjoyed learning about the different cell phone companies and glad I was able to help oeople get new service and new phones
Best job I ever had
Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNMay 27, 2017
Wish I had never given it up. Loved having my own business. Set my own hours. Weekends off. Would do it again if I could. Having your own business is the best.
Productive and timely
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 12, 2017
It was a fun job, and easy to learn and to get the hang of things. I like helping people and giving other a phone alot of standing.other than that it was a good easy paying Job
Pros
It was a easy job.
Cons
The hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-ROC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight