T-ROC Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

They wrongfully terminated me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 3, 2019
This company wrongfully terminated me after a Walmart assistant manager approached me disrespectfully. I simply stood up for myself, but TROC terminated me simply because they did not want to lose their license they had with Walmart. They do not look out for their employees...only for themselves. No one ever asked for my side of the story. They simply sided with the Walmart manager and let her get away with how poorly she treated me.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, little to no sales, boring, literally on your feet the entire shift
March 19, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and comments . We take each review seriously .
Wishing you success.

Love t-roc
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCFebruary 20, 2019
I have been with the company for a while now and I truly love going into work. The freedom to succeed on your own terms, uncapped commission opportunities, not to mention an ever expanding market for advancement or transfers throughout the many different divisions are just a few of the things I love about my job. Yeah there are difficulties but that's why we get paid! And the pay is very competitive for people willing to go out and work for it. And as far as management, my team has been extremely helpful and will take time to help guide you towards your sales and career goals as long as you are working too. I will be honest, there is a fair amount of turn over but aggressive sales isn't a market for everyone. If you are hungry and tenacious but still friendly and dedicated to giving your customers an amazing experience, you will thrive with the company.
Pros
Uncapped commission, set schedule, lots of freedom, many advancement opportunities
Cons
Highly competitive environment not fit for all
March 19, 2019

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your T-ROC experiences.
We take each and every review seriously and review them individually.
Our people are what make this the best place to work!

Don’t do it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  NYFebruary 19, 2019
Turn over is high. You have to use your own phone so it is a BIG security risk. You are in a chat all day and they don’t trust their employees. Management is a joke. You get no training and thrown out on the floor. Threatened constantly about selling enough phones. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Company is gone soon. Most of the employees are 25 and under. Think about it as a fly by night job.
Pros
Cons
Chat, security
March 19, 2019

Every comment written is incredibly important to us and taken quite seriously.

Many thanks for taking the time share your experience as each one is reviewed.

Horriable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Linton, INFebruary 5, 2019
The work environment is terriable for anyone who wants a place that they know they’ll have there job tomorrow. Honestly having to sell as many cell phones that they want in a week for you to keep your job is impossible where I worked at. Along with the fact if you can’t get the testing site to work you will get a nasty call from your supervisor yelling at you. Then your co worker will get a even worse call if your supervisor yelling at them about you and making them walk you off the premises. It’s uncalled for and embarasssing. I would not recommend his job to anyone including someone who just got out of prison. T-roc is the worst company ever. Don’t bother trying to get ahold of them to get your pay checks. They won’t andwer or even get back to you . Not to mention how the supervisor will yell at you if you don’t try and get someone to buy a pricer pone even if you know they can’t afford it.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, job
I wish I could go back
Mobile Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJanuary 22, 2019
Loved working for this company! Great management and awesome coworkers. I had a personal situation as to why I had to leave. Overall, pay was great with commission!
Dont do it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSDecember 17, 2018
Terrible place to work Management is weak and sorry lazy and will not solve a problem! Walmart people act rude this job is horrible and the pay is degrading
Love my job
Mobile Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 19, 2018
Love my job, beat company ever, so much to learn been here for 90 days and I have to say it's amazing best group of people and company I love it, so many people to reach out to,
Pros
Discount phone plans, good for family life, so many resources
Cons
N/a
Awesome workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Checotah, OKNovember 16, 2018
This company is the best I've ever worked they are upbeat positive good hours, good benifets, just an awesome place to work. Cant wait to move up in this company!
Pros
Great hours, good benifets, awesome team
Cons
None!
Joke
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOOctober 29, 2018
They don't train you.
The management in Missouri is a joke
Just don't do it.
After getting zero help from troc or the warp system they use.. I figured it out and lead sales..
Tried to do the manager a favor and got stuck at a slower slower store which meant less commission so i quit
feels like a used car sales man
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, TNOctober 18, 2018
a lot of pressure to get people to change phone plans. they ask you to talk to everyone. a lot of walking, standing still sometimes there is not much to do.
Pros
ok pay check
Cons
short lunch, lots of pressure
Absolutely terrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cassville, MOOctober 2, 2018
Managment harrasses you, no training, commissions aren't given to you till one month after you earn it, also if you quit before that you don't get your commissions, manager refuses to help you, and rather than pull you aside to talk to you about a mistake they pull you to a walmart breakroom insult you then write you up. If you joon here just know you made a grave mistake
Pros
Sometimes you meet friendly staff and customers and you get customer experience for your next job
Cons
Everything else
Terrible experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, MOSeptember 24, 2018
Small space, constant pressuring, ancient system that crashes nonstop, walmart employees are rude and cut your sales or take them. not a good experience.
Terrible
Mobile Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PASeptember 15, 2018
My first two months were great, then they changed our market manager and it all went downhill. When you get customers to the kiosk to close the sale more often than not, the computers are down so you lose the sale. You are expected to help the Walmart shoppers, but are punished by the company if you don't badger them relentlessly about buying phones. They offer $500 to any associate that refers an employee and they stay six months. But no one lasts that long.
Pros
Cons
Work in Walmart
Sucked
Mobile Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAAugust 17, 2018
This was an awful company. I was not allowed to be off for my own grandmothers funeral. I would never go back to this company or encourage anyone I know to work for them.
A lie
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 28, 2018
That whole company is a lie. They fire you for no reason. Under paid. They harass you. They don't really help in the way that you need to be helped as far as getting sales.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Harrassment & under paid
Okay work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJuly 12, 2018
I think this job would be a lot better if not in Walmart and then is we didn’t have to have that money interaction with regular Walmart customers that’s all
It was great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wabash, INJuly 10, 2018
I loved working for them. They are awesome and flexible. I couldn't imagine myself any where else. I loved it there. Nothing but nice people and friendly environment.
Pros
10 min breaks
Laid Back/Easy money
Mobile Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 27, 2018
I like that it was laid back and easy. You have an opportunity to make more money and talking with customers was always unpredictable and fun. My manager was very helpful and competitive, which made it fun.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
If you didn't meet goals, you got a lecture.
Poor ethics
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Desloge, MOJune 23, 2018
They had me trained by a newer employee then had me training on my 10th day and the training exercise app they had was down so I showed the trainee's the best I could on the site without going so far into the application process so they would know how to do it then they fired me for it on my 12th day there. The compensation isn't what it should be by far and they make it sound like your going to make sale after sale and you can't do it. On top of that they act like you should do more to push sales on people.
Pros
The hourly pay wasn't bad.
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Horrible company and pay do not waste your time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 16, 2018
They don't train you they stick you in Walmart and gotta deal with people thinking you're Walmart all day and try to convert them to contract phones. Horrible pay
Pros
Sucks
Cons
Sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-ROC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight