T-ROC Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Good starting point in sales.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ellijay, GAApril 18, 2019
TROC has helped me with my starting point in sales. Ice learned alot from this company about sales and marketing. I enjoy working with people. It's been a great starting point for my career.
its ok
Cellular Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Scott, KSJanuary 28, 2019
if ya need a temp job this is it as you cant move up unless your manager moves up or willing to relocate miles and miles away from home you work with walmart which can sometimes cause issues when making sales as walmart employees are always in the way
Don’t do it,
Sales (Former Employee) –  SorryDecember 13, 2018
Poor management, they do favoritism, if your not a certain color they treat you like trash, the management doesn’t do their jobs and you have to brown nose Walmart to even do your job.
Pros
Stand around
Cons
Management, no communication, no value
Never again
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 29, 2018
Working here was horrible you barely made anything for The phones you sold. My manger kept drama going with all his employees telling each individual something that somebody else came to him in said troc can’t keep nobody
Relaxed environment
Wireless Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, NCNovember 27, 2018
I've learned a lot working here.
It's not really fast paced.
It's a relaxed environment.
And the people you work with are really nice and helpful. And they have cool managers
Pros
Its fun.
Cons
Work on weekends & only 30 minute lunches.
Great company - lots of opportunities
sales (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 25, 2018
after working for many other 3pl's this one is different. The culture and work / life balance is much better than other companies, the options of programs and being apart of the idea and solves is just so awesome.
Pros
work - life balance
Run
sales dog (Former Employee) –  NCNovember 6, 2018
Do not be fooled all the good 5 and 4 star reviews are mainly management. if the con is something like. its hard work but its worth it or a pro is i started my career not knowing what to do until i came here and my life is forever changed is wrong. i know because i was a part of the system and was told to write as many good reviews as possible to push the bad reviews down. This whole system is designed to staff as many locations as possible and pay little as possible. you will be hounded on how great the culture is and if your doing good its because of the system and if your doing bad its your attitude and lack of ethic. you will run your vehicle into the ground just so they can staff stores. and no this isn't someone who was bad at it i actually was very good at sales and tactics and was brainwashed. what opened my eyes is to see so many young people come into this job and leave beat and broke/broken. i realized i couldn't do it anymore.
Pros
if your gullable enough you will not see the bullet coming itll be quick and painless
Cons
everything
Official response from T-ROC
January 15, 2019

I wish you would have stayed to see the outcome of your hard work since you were so good at it!
We have over 500 promotions last year that have given many of our team members the opportunity to rise into management roles or move ont to other projects. THAT makes us so proud!
I wish you well in your career and hope you continue to always be open in your thoughts.
Randy
Randy Brandon
Director of People Attraction at T-ROC

Great company to work for and to learn new skills!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLSeptember 13, 2018
It's a great place to work because they's a strong sense of camaraderie and also a casual /business like environment. I find that combination to be very effective. Since day one everyone makes sure to make you feel welcomed, and after a short period of time working here you'll feel you work with family. Upper management is easily available to answer any questions and puts time aside to work alongside with you in any projects needed. Again, it's a great place to work and to learn new skills. I would highly recommend!
Pros
too many to name: Free coffee, filtered water and often delicious food.
Cons
bathrooms need to be updated...specially women's need new fixtures...tiles...ect.
Terrible Work Place
Sale Rep (Former Employee) –  Little Rock , ArkansasSeptember 7, 2018
If you are in Walmart DON’T DO IT ! This is the absolute worst job I have ever had. There is no weekends off. There is more working with Walmart food customers than electronic customers! The management is Awful ! Walmart management ALSO TRIES TO CONTROL YOU ! The pay is not that good and commission isn’t really an asset unless you can really sale post paid! Find somewhere ELSE TO WORK ! Work hrs are the worst it’s an all day thing.
Zero sales (Former Employee) –  Chanute, KSSeptember 6, 2018
The troc company is a bad company I rate there as a zero and was mess up what my boss was doing. So I am looking for a new job that will treat people right
Pros
No lunch
Great Place
Wireless Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLAugust 17, 2018
TRoc Global is a very established company that has just recently expanded into the Illinois Walmart as a Third Party Contracted Sales Team. They are good sales employees with the customers needs put as a first. They work with the Walmart teams as a family to ensure positive and productive employments and sales. Excellent at training their teams thoroughly about the company before releasing them into the stores.
Pros
Excellent Bonus Commissions and Team support!
Cons
Dealing with Walmart Managers who cause issues for the team.
Its an ok job
Mobile Sales (Former Employee) –  Desloge, MOJuly 26, 2018
I think the biggest problem with this job is that there is a clear divide on what Walmart wants and what TROC wants. This creates a lot of conflict between work and makes things difficult in trying to do the job you signed up for. Your job first and foremost is selling mobile phones. But Walmart wants you to do anything their employees do and more. Which isn't what you sign up for and TROC clearly tells you to only focus on Sales but this creates friction.
Pros
Reasonable management, decent hours, commisson.
Cons
Walmart
Don't waste your time!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Union, SCJune 10, 2018
I worked for this company for 3 days. The first official day we were thrown to the wolves. Our manager left to open another site and we stood around for 8 hours not knowing what to do. I walk into my Walmart location often and there still aren't any displays set up for the other associates to sale.
Pros
Cons
Lack of Management, supplies, etc
Sales (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 15, 2018
It's mainly self-driven, but we are able to connect with our offsite manager if we need anything. We also have a group chat that was fun and informative.
Pros
Great enviroment to work in.
Cons
No onsite manager to talk to.
Competitive work environment
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLSeptember 25, 2017
Good entry level position that was no doubt highly competitive. Work environments changed and job freedom was always provided. The only reason I would no recommend to a friend is for the low pay. However as an entry level position and opportunity to gain work experience I am highly thankful to the people at the Retail Outsource.
Pros
Freedom on job site
Cons
Low pay
Horrible management, empty promises
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  NCAugust 28, 2017
Managers are terrible, unprofessional, feed into people's personal lives and drama, have certain workers whom are their favorites and treat everyone else like they are nothing.
Pros
Cons
Never seen a comission check in 4 months.
Bad company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYApril 8, 2017
This company is horrible all around. They force you to work off the clock and they are not there own company. They are a contracted company and put you inside other stores and tell you that you do not work for the store BUT you have to abide by there policies and God forbid if someone there takes a disliking to you. They will berate and belittle you and not believe you no matter how untrue the accusations are and with no proof. Doesn't matter how good of a salesman you are YOU WILL BE FIRED!!!!
Great work atmosphere
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, WVFebruary 23, 2017
The job itself was incredible, but the management staff that thy had in charge of everyone, left more to be desired. If you have a family and want to have a life at all, this job is definitely not worth it.
Terrible Joke
Cellular Sales (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNAugust 19, 2016
I was completely misled about this job from day one. I didn't receive credit for the majority of my sales and only received a fraction of my commission. I have years of experience in sales, but never experienced anything quite like this. Basically, worst job I've ever had.
waste of time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 10, 2016
Pay good...hours went from 40 to 10 a week. Lol Not a good company to work for. Horrible communication with higher ups. Probably the worst job I've had.
Pros
Opening for better employment
Cons
no hours no help