T-ROC Employee Reviews for Wireless Specialist

Productive, fun and cool
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ash Flat, ARApril 15, 2019
Great job. It had it's ups and down, but it's all about how you make it. This store I worked in was a pretty slow store but I made great connections along the way.
Pros
No boss breathing down my neck, cool coworkers, nice pay
Cons
Slow days
T-ROC is set up for success
Wireless Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bluefield, VAApril 6, 2019
T-ROC is a company that will give you the opportunity to make alot of money. Anyone that is goal oriented and motivated can do this. Every job can vary based on your superiors, and co- worker environment. But I've been blessed with an amazing boss and market (#166!). I never sold anything before and now Im helping this market be number one in the country. I can talk to my boss about anything, he's very helpful and an affective leader. No complaints.
Pros
Good pay, discounts, location convenient, good co-workers, good boss
Pick your location very carefully!
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, MOApril 2, 2019
I honestly believe that this job would have been fine if I had a location that actually met half of management’s expectations. They did end up raising there commission which might make the job a little more desirable. This job is for people who can sell with little to no advice on how because they will except you with no experience at all, but then hound you about not selling. Basically if your job comes first this is for you.
Pros
Money...if you sell.
Cons
If you have a soul it will drain it.
Troc army
Wireless Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 28, 2019
I’ve been with this company now about to be 6 months. In that amount of time I have been able to apply my supreme skills to help, provide knowledge, and move customers from prepaid to postpaid options. I was top sales person in my region just last month. As a wireless specialist I pride myself on staying informed on all wireless and accessories that customers may have questions about or may need that extra push towards pulling the trigger on their next mobile device. Once you build your relationship with your store and work together to keep things running smooth you will see how successful you can be.
Pros
Meeting new people, commission, working with cellphones.
Cons
I will say I wish I could have OT
Bad Place to Work
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, PAMarch 22, 2019
You feel like a slave trying to get people that are happy with there current cell service provider. T-ROC wants those people to switch to AT&T or Verizon and its difficult because it is a high pressure sales position
Pros
Discounts on Post Paid Cell Service Provider
Cons
High Pressure Sales
Run far far away
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 21, 2019
This was by far the worst job I have ever had. You are stuck in a Walmart electronics department where you continually hear “do you work here?” When you explain your role 9 times out of 10 they are aggravated that you are not an actual Walmart employee. You are supposed to walk around the store harassing people to upgrade their phones. The Walmart employees absolutely hate having you in their department and make it well known. Management is a total joke. I worked there three months and saw my manager once. There is not training at all, you do a few modules on your phone and are thrown to the wolves.
Pros
None. This place is terrible
I love and miss it.
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSMarch 18, 2019
I miss T-roc's (PAY) and my customers. Overall, management was very poor. They only cared about making a sale smh. I didn't have proper training. I only seen my market manager once in 4 months. I complained a lot about my selfish coworker, nothing was done until we got into a fight 🙄🙄! We were working like slaves.
Pros
Discount on phone services, 401k, Great commission
Cons
No time with family. That's your life
Don’t waste your time!
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMarch 17, 2019
This company is a complete joke, they will only set you up for failure! You could get terminated for just about anything! Please don’t waste your time because they honestly do not care about you!
Pros
Cons
The whole company!
March 18, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.
We take every single comment seriously and are sorry it did not work out for you.
Sr Director of People Attraction

Its an amazing place to work and the people are so nice.
Wireless Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCMarch 16, 2019
I have been working for TROC for half a year and I have enjoyed every minute of it. The people are amazing and they make you feel so welcomed. It's like one big family.
Pros
Pays hourly + commision
Cons
Short lunch breaks
March 19, 2019

We are always looking to improve the employee experience and love reading that your T-ROCer journey has been great so far.
Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know.

Don’t waste your time
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYMarch 11, 2019
Worked there for 4 months employees are kiss but nd manager takes the employee side over mine don’t waste your time working for this company I wish I would have never worked for this company
March 19, 2019

We take every comment seriously and are thankful for your feedback.

Troc
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 28, 2019
As far as tbe job, i loved working for them. It was a laid back environment and i was pretty much my own boss. My kids schedule did not match works so i had to do what was necessary.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Too much down time
March 19, 2019

We truly appreciate reading each and every review and your taking the time to give your comments.

Good luck!

Director of People Attraction
T-ROC

They dont care about you
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 26, 2019
If scammers come in expect to lose your job. They will side with them and fire you. They dont have your back. DONT make the same mistake as me and choose this company!
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Everything else not in cons
March 19, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we take each and everyone seriously and review them individually.

T-ROC

The worst company to EVER work for!!
Wireless Specialist (Current Employee) –  LouisianaFebruary 24, 2019
This company is the WORST company to EVER work for. The management is BEYOND HORRIBLE. They have poor communication skills and expect you to sell outrages amount of phones in A DAY. If you don’t sell the ridiculous amount of phones they want you to sell, THEY WILL THREATEN TO FIRE YOU and eventually will! People quit literally everyday in this company. They don’t care about anything that you have going on either. They don’t care if you are fighting for your life in the hospital, THEY WILL LET YOU GO!. DO NOT, I REPEAT DOOO NOT WORK FOR THESE HORRIBLE PEOPLE. They don’t train you correctly and expect the employees that you work with to train you! You will HATE WORKING FOR THEM!!!
Pros
Cons
Poor management, unfairness, lack of communication, horrible working hours, and unfair pay.
March 19, 2019

We truly appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. We review and take each and every comment seriously.

Good Luck in your career,

It a okay job
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAFebruary 20, 2019
It was okay not really work , just walking around store but overall easy job to make money but doing nothing really . I just wanted more work to be done instead of just standing there all day ..
Pros
You is your own boss
Cons
Slow paced
March 19, 2019

We appreciate your taking the time to write your comments as we review and take each one seriously.

Wishing you success,

Poorly Managed
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALFebruary 14, 2019
This company is full of confusion managers are unfair and disorganized and not trained for their position. I wasnt trained by my manager instead he put an employee in charge of training me who was not a certified trainer. The employee refused to train me because he wasnt receiving training pay and it wasnt in his job description. I eventually learned the ropes on my own. So i worked the best i could but was still written up if i did things wrong and when i argued i was unaware or told the wrong information i was told i should have contacted the manager for validation and because i didnt i was still written up and eventually terminated because i complained about this. They want you to work from your phone then pentalize you for being on the phone. The manager I had sucked. He would bend certain rules for certain employees. Then write ups were given out for missing days for being sick and I am PREGNANT or kids being sick or babysitters being sick. I asked once to leave work to pick up my kids and i wasnt allowed to and i was told if i chose to go i would be written up. So my kids had to walk home from after school program in the dark. But my coworker was allowed to leave work daily and pick her kids up from school while remaining on the clock. I was eventually terminated because i brought these unfair circumstances to my managers attention. When i began working here the store i worked at was last on the list in sales. I brought the store up to 2nd and 3rd place on the list and instead of being rewarded for my hard work i was unnecessarily criticized daily. Something has to be  more... done about this, some action needs to be taken! Its not right what they are doing!  less
Pros
Cons
Favoritism unfairness
March 19, 2019

Whether a 1 or 5 Star, each and every comments is reviewed and taken quite seriously.

Good luck and thanks for taking the time to write this.

Dont do it
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAFebruary 3, 2019
Terrible management. Very unprofessional. Please take precautions while working for them. I do not recommend. And if you are pregnant, Don’t expect to work long.
Pretty Chill
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northwest ArkansasFebruary 2, 2019
Easy job to adapt to. Not a lot is asked except to sell phones. You have management and a team to help if you need it. Overall, a great learning experience if you do what you're spose to do.
Pros
Easy Money
Cons
Fast past and competitive environment
Wireless Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 24, 2019
Store within a store..TROC contracts with companies all over the world. We are assigned to a certain store to help optimize electronic sales
Like Walmart, target, best buy, apple stores.
Pros
Great discounts, car rentals, apple products etc
Cons
Salary
Great place to work!
Wireless Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Plains, MOJanuary 15, 2019
I love working for T-Roc! The company really makes you feel like a part of the T-Roc family from day 1. T-Roc is a very teamwork based company. You may be working in a store alone, but it never feels like you're actually alone because everyone reaches out to make sure you're doing okay throughout the day. My favorite thing about this company is that they encourage internal promotions! I can't wait to see how far I go with this company!
Pros
Commission, relaxed, great coworkers and management!
Horrible place to try to start a sales career.
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Don’t try to work here. The manager shows tons of favoritism and to avoid having to pay you any unemployment they threaten you by saying “you have committed time clock fraud, and you either resign now or we will take legal action” basically trying to scare you into quitting so they don’t have to pay unemployment. Now onto the Walmart associates. Do NOT cross them or get on their bad side because they will tell lies to get you terminated. If you expect your manager to stick up for you then good luck. Overall this was the worst nine month experience I have ever had with a job and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.
Pros
No manager on site
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-ROC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight