T-SYSTEMS NORTH AMERICA Employee Reviews

Senior Management always willing to listen and act.
Executive Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 5, 2018
I really enjoy working at T-Systems within the USA and also working with our associates at other global offices as well.

I have been very fortunate to work with awesome people.
Pros
Manager always willing to listen
Cons
Worried about employment future due to changes in Germany
Work
Director of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2018
I Work from Home. Communication is good, culture is good. Management listens to you and applies what they hear. The best part of working here is that I work with people and cultures from ALL over the world.
Pros
Work from Home
A decent place to work
Situation Manager (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 16, 2018
I work from home on request from my team manager and support a global account customer. The vast majority of T-Systems North America employees have to work in an office. I feel I am fairly compensated for the amount of work I have to do on average, but do not like having to be on-call 1 out of every 4 weekends, which is on top of a normal work week. As a salaried employee, I am not compensated for overtime or weekend work, but because of my job responsibilities, I often have downtime during the week, which allows me to have a good amount of flexibility in my personal life. Most of my management is based outside of North America (we are a subsidiary of T-Systems headquartered in Germany) and the push us to bend over backwards for the customer so that we are giving them much more than they are paying for, which is frustrating when management then uses profit levels to justify workforce reductions and making the remaining employees do even more to make up for the lost workers. Raises have been relatively small and 2 to 3 years wait for each one.
Pros
Decent work-life balance; annual bonuses based on company performance
Cons
Infrequent and relatively small raises
Started well but steadily opportunities vanished.
Sr. Network Engineer - T-Systems (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 16, 2018
Sales and Service has been declining for years.
Disjointed and nonfunctional.

N.A. is in shambles. New business is stagnant and no new business on the horizon.
Pros
Coworkers and Corporate culture
Cons
Human Resources drives the bus, but the wheels are wobbling.
workplace culture
Corporate Travel and Meetings Manager (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 2, 2018
Working hard to change the culture of the company to a more positive atmosphere. Results are happening quickly. Communication regarding the change has been made clear.
International IT Company
Data Center Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 24, 2018
International German Senior management has fallen behind advances in cloud technology advances and the marketplace. They have an extensive existing European customer base but have had difficulty growing in North America
Fine place to work
Oracle DBA Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Good coworkers, experience in working with and managing global teams, challenging projects, account was decreasing so looking to do more with less people.
Good company to start
Manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 7, 2018
Good company to learn, ramp up on experience and learn a lot about process. Job security is always a risk, and eventually lacking good leadership.Hardest part of the job is dealing with stubborn co workers that been there for a while and are not comfortable with change and new ideas.
Pros
learn a lot on process
Cons
no stability, and salary compensation is lower than the average
Great Company to work for
Senior Architect (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 3, 2018
T-systems was a good company to work for. They had excellent benefits . My immediate department was great . Upper management was still learning to do business in the US
Pros
Great benefits
Pretty good place to work
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 10, 2018
One of the best cafeterias I have seen in a work place, able to work from home at least once a week. We were give nice laptops and leather carrying bags and the atmosphere was all team. Able to see when I was next to get a call and the type
Pros
free snacks
Cons
low room for advancement
Very busy many items going on
Management (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 23, 2017
Due to downsizing and other factors it ads to the stress of working in this sort of environment; however, this is a good company to work for. They just need to get a few things squared away again and this could be a great company once again.
But 2016 and 2017 were filled with alot of turmoil. Once management gets that addressed along with sales improvements, they will be back on track.
Pros
My office was great alot of commaraderie, Good PTO, good Benefits
Cons
Pay doesnt meet positions, pay is under market
T-Systems NA
Helpdesk Intern (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 26, 2017
T-Systems NA is a great Company. They are very friendly and the work environment is spendid. I rate this as a great place to work and am thankful for the time I've spent here.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Lacks the ability to keep customers
Architect (Current Employee) –  IllinoisApril 6, 2017
This company is in dire straights. The management to worker bee ratio is upside down. There is a crew of about 15 Engineers and Architects that run this company while there are about 50 within the Management side.

This company is in a downward spiral and I honestly do not see this company in business within the US within the next 10 years.
Pros
The benefits are outstanding and the pay is great
Cons
Management doens't know how to manage and the overall business strategy has failed
Overall good company to work for.
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 21, 2015
Good standardized processes and fictionalization of all departments, Consistent changes to meet need requirement and standards set by the Global head office.
Pros
Best work life balance company to work for.
Cons
you can be stuck in the same position for years.
Worldwide company creates some challenges but great overall
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2015
Great benefits and PTO but oftentimes days are spent on conference calls either across the country or worldwide. Great departmental team to work with and plentiful training opportunities.
Tsna
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2015
When I started with this company 11 years ago it was a fun place to work. After years of cost cutting and reorganizations it's no longer an exciting work place. It's a stable company but doesn't have any growth. There is no budget for state of the art tools. It's standard business every day.
Pros
stable position
Cons
no career development
Great People to Work With
Project Coordinator - Shell Global Account (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2014
A day a work always begins with conversation at the coffee bar.

Project Management is the major thing I learned at this company.

Management is always changing.

Co-workers are great from the HOU Location to the global locations as well.

The hardest part of the job was the commute.

My most enjoyable part of the job was the collaborating with my co-workers.
Pros
Great Work/Life Balance
Cons
Management always changing
Extremely productive workplace with open door policy
Pricing Specialist and Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 21, 2014
Typical day at work is a 8am-5pm workday with emphasis on work hard, play hard. Work hard when work is to be done, open door policy to chat with coworkers in down time.
I learned the benefit of teamwork and hard work.
Management is extremely efficient in that they strive for greatness but are also approachable and open to improvement ideas.
Co-workers are very personable, hard working, and easy to communicate with.
Hardest part of the job was finding ways to help in down time and slow time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I would come to work every day and have the ability to contribute to a great company in a positive manner.
SQL DBA (Team Lead)
SQL DBA (Team Lead) (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 5, 2014
T-Systems operates information and communication technology (ICT) systems for multinational corporations and public sector institutions. T-Systems serves companies in all industries – from the automotive industry to telecommunications, the financial sector, retail, services, media, energy and the manufacturing industry all the way to government agencies and the healthcare sector. As an IT resources, personnel are involved on migrating database from cluster to standalone and vice versa, installation of the SQL Servers, Performance analysis, database tuning and indexing
Small, Connected company
Process & Quality Lead (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 13, 2013
Smaller company gives connection to other areas and teams. However, management heavy and not as advanced technically as other IT companies.
Pros
Good beneifts
Cons
Management heavy