T-Systems

Working at T-Systems: 37 Reviews

United States37 reviews

Great Place to Work

The Application and customer base require some time to be effective. I learned a number of new technologies and skills at the company that has increased my understanding.

Pros

Fto

Not best company I have worked

It is just a fancy company to work but it is not best company to work , besides I have hade bad environment. I have a back surgery and work accident so the company dies not gave me any support during, after, and when I was about to come back to my duty activities they fired me. I have to claim in the justice for my benefits and was hard to go through all processIt is a fancy company to work but not a good company for the employers

Pros

Cons

Bad environment

T-Systems insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Good People

Good People to work with, bad management, and no sales growth in the US. Just maintaining the current customers. No room for advancement currently.

Stressful

The company bought a billing company knowing very little of what how things worked. They laid off over half the staff and ended up having to rehire more than half of the people they let go of after losing many clients due to payments being lost.The manager in my department was very demeaning and would talk to you like a child expecting you to work miracles. He would try to make you feel better by countering his bad comments with a good one. The manager was replaced someone who knew the job just to fill it despite the fact that he knew nothing about what the department did and did little to try to learn much of what the importance of the department did. It became an extremely stressful, negative environment.

This Company sucks for People of color

Tsystem would benefit greatly having diversity and inclusion policies. My experience for 2.5 years was very stressful due to a culture of white supremacy. I didn't feel supported by supervisors or upper management. Clearly, being a person of color has great disadvantages when there is a mindset of white superiority! Black people beware of this company!

Pros

No Pros

Cons

All Cons

Learned a lot about informatics

As a nurse consultant I had flexible hours and enjoyed all of my fellow co-workers. We would brain storm together to produce and maintain the best product for our customers.

Review in short

T-systems was another company that was not really looking out for the employee but just being management for the IT group of people which we had in place prior. Outsourcing of the IT department was the goal of the T-systems company once again from Thyssenkrupp.

Very much driven by accounting

Although a very large company there was some individual autonomy in some cases. Good teams of people to help with large customer engagements. Project size typically huge dollar amounts and long very competitive sales cycles. Very much concentrated in Germany with the bulk of the work and employees overseas.

Pros

large scale opportunities

Cons

driven by accounting

Toxic

Worked as an IT contractor for this company assigned for Thyssenkrupp Elevators. Worse job ever. Management lied to have me removed from job when I tried to bring some ideas to improve the work flow.

Pros

got paid weekly

Cons

everything

Nice Place, Good People

Not a bad place to work. Their were growing pains while i was there. Parent company had changed hands a few times and the strategic focus hadnt been defined. But that was the times.

Pros

Pay, People

Cons

lack of strategic focus

Great benefits

Great european benefits packages, but stressful environment during active projects. Resources are not generally allocated sufficiently to ensure success.

Benefits

Cons

Whole company is run on MS Excel

No opportunity

This is just a job if you have no job. No health benefits. No opportunity to go perm. No vacation time. Not an enjoyable work environment. I would suggest people look for opportunities some where else.

Good Position

Loved my customer and the team I worked with to deliver our contracted services. I would recommend them as a place to work. Benefits were very competitive with the market.

Great colleagues

Sharp people who collectively can address any issue. Cooperation among teams is good and people are friendly. Great alignment with paid time off and generous benefits

Tough time in TSNA

May not be the best time to join T-Systems North America. People are great but there is not a commitment to North America at this time. Maybe the new CEO will make a difference.

overworked and underpaid

Was more concerned with productivity than with quality and lack of education and training in order to do your job properly and accurately. Expected to work holidays weekends etc when not explained upon hiring.

Great Teams

T-Systems NA is a little odd, as it is a German company that operates as a German company in the US. The teams are fantastic and could probably stand alone as their own businesses. There is only a little collaboration between the teams, which keeps learnings and advances siloed within the teams. This is starting to change company wide.

Pros

Protective of employees

Cons

Hard to convert to permanent employee

Excellent environment.

The job is fast paced and uses critical thinking. A medium sized team supporting all of North America. Upper management made changes that left the entire support team with a loss of morale.

Pros

Event committee provided lunches regularly.

Cons

Overload of tickets at times.

Average place

Too many knee jerk reactions and constant backtracking on poor decisions. Really high turnover. One minute they want you to fix something, the next minute it's ok if it's not working properly

Nice Environment

Good atmoshpere. Execellent work/life balance based on flexible working hours and empowerment from management. Good job grade system.

receptionist

I was a fill in for the other receptionist when she went on vacation. I would unlock the doors and open the office. I answered phones and transferred calls accordingly. I welcomed guests.

Common questions about T-Systems

Answered by current and former employees at T-Systems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T-Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare T-Systems with

T-Systems reviews by popular job title

• T-Systems
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?