T. Marzetti Company Employee Reviews

Expect dedication from emplyees, but offer none themselves.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 8, 2018
I worked for Marzetti's for nearly 25 years and my job was eliminated by management. There were very few opportunities for advancement, few perks and average benefits.
I was let go because they said my job was "unnecessary". I'm sure they dumped my work onto someone else that is already overworked.
Pros
40 hr. week
Cons
No opportunity for growth for employees.
Culture Change Leaves Much To Be Desired
Office Coordinator for Inn Maid Noodles Brand (Current Employee) –  Millersburg, OHAugust 2, 2018
There was recently a culture change at Marzetti that has led to gaps in support and a lack of trust in upper management, which is reflected in operations at the plants. The astronomical turnover rate at the corporate HQ has led to so much being pushed onto the plant designees, and there are so many programs the different departments are pushing that either don't coordinate with one another, or are being pushed before the previous program is even completely realized. It's frustrating.
great place to work
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 16, 2018
This was a great job great people, learned how to make a variety of products assemble pallatize and ship. This job taught me time management as well as how to pallatize and pack for shipment. I was also given the opportunity to work in the spice department first female in 11 years what an hornor.
No place to grow
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 19, 2018
They hire from the outside. No chances for advancement. New managers are also bringing in new personnel with them. They have been cutting back on pay especially bonuses. High turnover in some areas.
No job security
No job security (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHOctober 30, 2018
No job security. A typical work day includes harassment by leaders and managers. The hardest part of my job is going to work. Its all about who you know within the company.
Someone who has worked here
Assistant Accountant (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 17, 2018
It is difficult to move projects due to conservative minded people who does not like changes

Managements are usually scattered across the board making messages hard to be passed around.
Pros
Slow and easy
Cons
Projects can be difficult to implement
Good Company
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2018
T. Marzetti was a great company to work for. There is room for improvement, but the skills learned while working there can be used in future promotions.
Safe work place
Sanitor (Current Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYJanuary 24, 2018
Great work, great security, not much opportunity for advancement. Good management, great pay, and good benefits. Great schedule for life outside of work.
Pros
Pay, Schedule
Cons
Management, Advancement
Trying too hard to grow to fast and ultimately filing on many fronts.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 3, 2018
For 13 of the nearly 18 years I worked for theT. Marzetti company, it was a great family oriented, and work family oriented company to work for until a new CEO was named to elevate the company from a one billion dollar company to a five billion dollar company and started discrediting any persons who had been with the company for more than a decde in lieu of new talent that did not understand our core business and found ways to eliminate anyone who would dare try to maintain a healthy service level as the core changes to the business were being implemented.

I understand having a healthy bottom line and growing stock value, I just feel you do to have to lose your car who built the business to move forward into higher growth.
Pros
Medium level priced standard benefits, Doughnut Friday on the last Friday of each month to honor birthdays for that month
Cons
Poormanagement. Poor executive leadership.
Always stay busy
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYSeptember 17, 2018
Cleaned lines, kettles, bathrooms, lunch room, offices, ceilings, warehouses, etc. had to always keep busy. Went from working 5 days to 4 days 10 hour shifts .
Pros
3 breaks
great pay ... bad management cut throat environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2018
I worked there for almost 16 years... the main reason was the great pay. I was fired because they got all new management and were and still are out to get rid of all the employee that have been there so long. They fired all the supervisor that had been there for more then 30 years and worked hard. It is union there for the employees but the new management is working at getting rid of the union employees .. It's very sad to see a company want to get rid of the people that have been there so long working hard and many hours.
Pros
great pay
Cons
company does not care about employees at ALL
Good Manager
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 23, 2018
T.Marzetti is a good place to work. Free product was distributed to workers occasionally - very nice perk. Co-workers were kind and Management was supportive.
Quick-Paced and Involves Creative Problem Solving and Collaborative Effort
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 1, 2018
Quick-paced and involves creative problem solving and collaborative effort

Can be stressful at times, but overall fulfilling

Diverse population to work with, good relationship-building aspects

Good benefits

Ups and downs with management, but overall good people to work for/with
Lack of leadership and advancement
HTST Processor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 27, 2017
I believe the ceo needs to pick better people to be in charge. The supervisors are uneducated in the role of knowing how to treat people. The production manager is also guilty an lacks empathy, his way of making people work harder is promoting fear of loss of work an scare tactics. When the regular hourly employees go to work it feels like we're headed to prison
Poor leadership
Processor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 27, 2017
I cant begin to explain how difficult it is to stay employed at this place. There's a very low lack of leadership and advancement its all politics and the production manager is a complete waste of time
Fair
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYMay 16, 2018
The job pays good, not crazy about the hours, but pays good nonetheless. The 12 hour shift gets old really fast. Also, most of the people are not bad to work around.
Pressure with few tools
Marzetti Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 6, 2017
Management puts pressure on supervisors to perform certain task, but they shackle your hands by limiting your control. They expect you to work so hard (up to 7 days) with few compensations outside of your normal salary. If you do your job on time they ask why couldn't you do more since you finished on time.
Pros
Workers are friendly
Cons
No enough supervisor help.
Challenging, yet rewarding place to work.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 12, 2018
T. Marzetti was a great place to work. I learned a lot about fixed assets and inventory. The month end process was challenging, however, also taught me time management. Great place.
Productive work place
Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYJanuary 13, 2018
Find out if any problems has happened on my machine during the previous shift. Learned how to run three types of machines. Checking product and collecting data for QA. Management would help lines out if they ran that line before being promoted.
Cons
One outside break
Getting better
clerk (Current Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYJuly 15, 2016
Since management has changed, the whole overall moral of the company has changed tremendously. There are many things I have learned since being there since you are always working with the customers of the product. You strive to make the best product in the most efficient and productive way. Safety is always first.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
raises are not fair across the board with the different jobs that we all do.