T. Rowe Price Employee Reviews

Special Plans Retirement Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2019
Lots of overtime try to treat their employees well
Still a call center though but they do their best
Rated on calls how long they take and how long on the phone
Better opportunities if you are a recent college grad
Retail Account Management Internship
Retail Account Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 21, 2019
At the beginning of this role, it took a lot of training and practice to be able to successfully navigate the applications T. Rowe Price uses to update and maintain their clients' accounts. However, they give you plenty of time to learn and give you the ability to collaborate with coworkers or bring up a question to one of the supervisors if a problem arises. As an intern, I have been tasked with processing client requests while operating within FINRA guidelines, as well as making callouts to clients to verify or change a request that I am processing. T. Rowe Price has been a great company to be a part of, and they foster a positive work environment for all of their employees.
Pros
Flexible schedule, welcoming atmosphere
Corporate efficiency changes lead to imbalance in career and family life equilibrium
RPS Senior Adjustment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 27, 2019
Working for this firm for 10 years has allowed me a high level perspective that is able to see that lean efficiency changes underway over the last 12 months has a cost on associates. Working longer days with increasing amounts of work and yet tighter standards has lead me to look for work elsewhere, despite liking the nature of the work I was doing. That is a shame.
Pros
Good benefits, good time off, dress down days
Cons
Increased stress, longer days, increased work leads to no time to take breaks
An awesome company to work for!
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDDecember 16, 2018
My time at T. Rowe Price was awesome! They are here for diversity and inclusion. All of management were nice and engage. I would recommend any newly graduated college student to apply to advance their career!
Pros
Benefits and overtime
Amazing place to work!
Retail Account Management (RAM): May 2015- Present (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 17, 2018
T. Rowe Price has a great on board training program. T. Rowe Price has amazing advancement opportunities and cultivates growth from the early stages of your career.
A good place to make a long career
Lead Manager Fund Expense Team (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2019
T. Rowe Price is a great place to make a long career, but often the coaching and development program are lacking with little emphasis on employee development long term and placement into roles which do not suit their skill sets.

There has historically been a lack of pay for performance and those that exceed expectations have not been fairly compensated while those that underperform are continually pushed along and still receive merit increases.
Pros
Job Security, Retirement 401k benefits
Cons
Lack of growth and expansion of opportunities
Great Company that Actually Cares
Retail Investment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2019
I have yet to work for another company that cares more about it's employees than T. Rowe Price. Unfortunately for me, my managers were very unkind, inconsistent in their coaching, and instead of owning their mistakes that often blamed everyone around them for the culture - people don't quit jobs though, they quit bosses. Much to their frustration, I was able to seek help from neighboring teams and managers who were truly helpful in understanding my job and answering any questions I had. By the time I left, I had such horrible anxiety that I would need help and have to ask my direct managers that I decided it was time for me to leave. Had I worked for a different manager and a different team, I would probably have stayed longer. For anyone looking for a great company that really does a lot for it's community and staff, I would definitely recommend T. Rowe. It doesn't matter if you have a degree in finance or not, they have amazing training there and they can teach anyone willing to learn. They're also very focused on maintaining their staff, aspiring to have tenure associates.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits, flexible hours, opportunity for bonus and extra hours, company that cares about team building
Cons
Poor Management, ineffective HR
T. Rowe Price used to be a great company to work for
Transactions Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 4, 2019
When I first started working at T. Rowe Price, work life balance was great. There was very little overtime required. Since the company has grown over the years and (unnecessary) changes were made to some departments, this has caused a dramatic increase in the overtime and the lack of work life balance. Now we never know when we will get off of work. Because of that, it's difficult to make any plans unless it's only on the weekends. Also the company has gone to a model of having smaller departments which results in less employees to do more work. To make matters worse, now you basically have to kill yourself to get a raise or bonus. I can say that the moral has reached an all time low in certain departments. On a positive note the benefits are great. We get medical, dental, and vision insurance. Paid leave for surgery, mental illness, and maternity/paternity leave.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no work life balance, employees underappreciated
Good place
Security Valuation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 23, 2019
Overall good place to work. Pay is somewhat low due to good benefits but also because they really do not have any competition in the area as another asset management firm.
Really good place to work
Manager, Retail Adjustments (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 24, 2019
The work life balance is great. I would highly recommend. The company is very easy to work with if you have children and need to leave/come in at different hours. I've managed associates that needed these accommodations and never met resistance when allowing alternate schedules to accommodate.
Great place to work!
Supervisor, Confirmation & Settlements (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 20, 2018
Learned a lot while there, management is supportive.
People are great to work with, made solid relationships while there.
Still, contact people from there today as a resource.
Pros
Support from management.
Cons
Fast paced
Great place for college grads
Senior Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 27, 2018
Not flexible when it comes to working hours but the culture and leadership are amazing. The people are the biggest benefit to this company. The training is second to none.
Review
Lead Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 22, 2019
Company does not like when employees stay in one role for long. Encourages movement to learn many sides of business. Can lead to inexperienced managers and little direction from mgmt
Great Benfits, Little Internal Advancement
Senior Production Designer - Internal Agency (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 8, 2018
While T. Rowe offers fantastic benefits, there was very little opportunity to advance within the Internal Agency. Most positions for were filled with outside hires, rather than promoting from within.
Fun place to work and start a career
Retail Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 29, 2018
T. Rowe Price is an excellent place to begin a career. The company prides itself on caring for its people as much as it's clients and this is true from my experience.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with coworkers to reach a conclusion on how to deal with requests submitted to us by clients. I just wish there were more opportunities to grow in the career locally.
Pros
Great work environment, awesome people, stable work
Cons
Lack of career advancement
Work environment
Telecommunications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 27, 2018
The company has a whole is a very good place to work. There is a lot of room to learn and advance. However, the management within the IT department did not provide a very conducive work environment.
Productive work enviorment
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 6, 2019
fast page high call volume

learned to T/S office 365, ServiceNow, symphony, vantage, synergy,

Management is phenomenal

TRP is very diverse

hardest part of my job is T/S a remote user direct connection to trp servers/network

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping user with any complex technical issues
Solid Job
Retirement Plan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 26, 2018
If you can secure the required licenses, you can have a great career. They pay for books and test fees upfront when youre ready to take the licensing exams. I havent seen another Investment Firm offer to do that.
never again
IN PLAN COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDDecember 20, 2018
In my department in plan race and weakness plays a big part of your day today. I was accused of being a drug dealer because of my "high-end clothes and car" and I was told to seperate from the black people i started training with.
Pros
Cons
culture if you are not white
Great Firm
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 14, 2018
Call volumes were high at times and when they weren't you were supporting other departments answering overflow. Hardest part of the job would be the OT requirements.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T. Rowe Price. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight