T. Rowe Price
Happiness rating is 55 out of 100

T. Rowe Price Employee Reviews

United States578 reviews

nice benefits

just little unorganized at times. Needs a bit more support. system feels outdated. Work overtime most times. Has great benefits. have some weekends off.

Training could’ve been a lot better

Recruiters really lead you on to think your going into a different role then as is, not a lot of detail before going into your full role. Feels very rushed at times

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Stressful

T. Rowe Price insights

Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Stable and trusted

I actually left this position a few years ago to stay home with our child, but I learned so much working here (and being able to share that knowledge with (mostly) appreciative clients made it fun. Sure there were metrics and standards to maintain, but that’s part of it. I really liked the founder’s philosophy and the company culture which put integrity and value for the customer high on the list of values.

Pros

Corporate values and model

Cons

Occasional pressure to maintain high metrics

Mandatory overtime

They said it’s more cost effective for them to force employees to do overtime than to hire more agents. Very good benefits. 5 years to be fully vested in 401k which is a lot, especially for this company.

Micromanaging with zero space

What I expected was a moderately fast paced time getting securities licenses and then executing buys and sells for clients. What I got was a micromanaged call center that monitors your time down to the minute and when it came time for the next step I'm getting different directions from different people and nobody knows anything except "get back on the phones and help grandpa take a required minimum distribution" which does not require licensed.

Okay

It’s ok. A lot of work and you are always learning something new. But phones can be nonstop the whole shift and that is exhausting at times. But work culture was great.

Cons

Overtime

A very respected company in the industry that needs to make a better effort to modernize

A good company to work at, but the “T. Rowe nice” culture can feel suffocating and others aren’t honest about what they think of your work. It’s very respected in the industry, but needs to make a greater effort to modernize and prioritize keeping up with industry changes. Also seems to mostly attract people from MD area and there’s a clear lack of diversity.

Decent place

No complaintsPaid decentlyWorked around schedule wellVery understandingWorked here just for an internship and it was a great opportunity. Gave me great experience and knowledge for the field.

Quality of experiences depends on position

My entry position has tons of overtime and you were clocked every second of every hour. Lots of room for growth and as long as you make it known your intentions for growth they will help you get there. My new position is much better. They treat you like an adult. They were doing very well with letting everyone WFH but is now pushing everyone to return to office like at a hybrid capacity.

Pros

Great retirement benefits, good networking culture.

Cons

Work/life balance depending on position

Amazing people, old tech

Pros:- Great investment approach- They hire talented, professional, and polite employees- 401k plan is best in classCons:- Technology and business systems are seriously outdated- Unsure what the company’s vision is, lack of communication from senior execs- Pay is seen by employees as low-average

"Invest with Confidence", but everything else not so much

Convoluted org structure where the multiple lines of businesses have their own decentralized marketing units that compete for the same resources. Org changes happen every 6-12 months due to constant leadership turnover. The "T. Rowe Nice" rumors you may have heard about is true. Nice to your face, but not so nice behind your back. Internal politics drive the culture and there is animosity for newcomers. Many times there are meetings before meetings to formulate political game plans. Benefits are mediocre for an asset management company, and the vesting period for 401k company matching is five years. Never in my career with multiple companies have I seen it being more than four years. The corporate culture has also gone woke since last year.

Pros

Competent portfolio managers and investment teams, Onsite cafeteria had decent prices and food, picturesque campus

Cons

Mediocre benefits, office politics, inefficient org structure, constant leadership turnover

Good company, but mandatory OT

A great company to work for. Good salary and willing staff to help you out. Great training process. Downside was mandatory OT almost daily. It was rare to have an 8 hr shift.

Pros

Bonuses, great food in cafeteria, leave and attendance policy nice

Cons

Daily overtime

Awful leadership. Micro management, unrealistic expectations and zero leadership skills

Company culture is shifting. Outside influences are altering a productive client focused culture. Silos are being built. Slow to hire, tunnel vision and inability to accept alternative views

Pros

Good comp and work environment

Cons

Out of touch and flawed leadership.

Run

There was nothing enjoyable about working here, they were more concerned with their numbers rather than the employee. Job was contingent on passing a test.

Good company with good benefits but terrible position and job role.

You're in a customer service representative position where the company cares more about your metrics than the actual customer service itself. In addition to this, you are viewed as a number to the company. Easily replaceable and will not fight to keep you in the position. You cannot use metrics as an accurate measurement of how well you treat participants. I always try my best to attend to the customers needs regardless of how long it takes where in turn I am punished for excellent customer service. If metrics were completely eliminated from the position there would be a lot less stress, a lower turnover rate, and happier employees in general. Company in general does not care about the department as a whole. My department was sold to another company where we had to go through the onboarding process all over again (mind you this was 3 months after I was hired). The reasoning for them selling the department you may ask? It was not a money maker for T Rowe Price so they outsourced us to FIS. Like I said previously, just know that you are a number to this company and they will not hesistate to replace you if you do not want to work there any longer.

Pros

Great benefits.

Cons

Be expected to work a LOT of overtime, where you will more than likely get 30 minute lunches 4 out of the 5 days, as opposed to your full hour lunch that you took as the standard when being hired, There is no punishment for rude participants, where you are just expected to sit there and eat all of their negative comments, regardless if you had control over the situation or not, Be prepared to have 3 different managers in the span of 4 months.

TRP is and has always been an a-typical corporate atmosphere. If you can deal with that professionally, you will flourish.

As a designer, our deadlines are pushed by the needs of the marketers, no matter how tight the deadline. They have eased up on that over the years but that has been a constant at this firm. The hardest part of my job sometimes is just getting the work done. Sometimes I need time to design my work and the environment is full of constant interruption because of all the deadlines swirling around.

Pros

Nice Work/Life Balance, Good Benefits 401(k) FT and medical, paid training

Cons

very corporate, Hard to move up, Progression is extremely trying, constant re-orgs

Great Pay...But Comes With A Cost!

My time with T. Rowe Price was brief (6 months) but it was quite an experience. The training was vigorous, sometimes confusing even but you are given lots of hands on practice. Shortly after my training period and I hit the floor I realized I didn’t learn as much as I thought I did! Because this company deals with so many company’s and their Retirement Plans you are constantly dealing with different policies and practices to help that particular caller it can get so frustrating at times. Also the management here is a joke they will run away before they assist you and even when you get one to help they’ll rather talk you through the call then take over. Also the hours were brutal! At a drop of a dime you can have overtime added to your schedule and there isn’t much you can do about it. They pay is great don’t get me wrong but again it comes at a cost.

Pros

Amenities, Pay

Cons

Long Hours, No management support

Terrible Training

If training was up to par it would be a descent place to work. Training is 9 days then you’re thrown to the wolves. Supervisors (not all but most) will speak to you as if you should know what you’re doing after 9 days of an overview (I don’t consider that training). Most will you send you to a manual to look over instead of helping you. Causing the clients to be on hold for long periods.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else.

Excessive overtime

Good benefits, excessive overtime. Employees are great. Management is ok to good. Life work balance is not respected. Clients are nice for the most part. Training is to short and far to much information.

Cons

Excessive overtime

Can move up

T Rowe is a great company. Focused on helping you be your better self and take your career to the next level. You get to showed departments that you potentially want to work in. The training is great and prepares you for a lot.

Where dreams go to die

I felt under appreciated at this job especially with all the mandatory overtime. Yes - there is some flexibility in hours but that hardly matters when you’re told to work overtime every single day. This company made a lot of empty promises regarding job advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T. Rowe Price. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at T. Rowe Price.
Powered byComparably