T. Rowe Price logo
T. Rowe Price
Happiness rating is 55 out of 100Below average

T. Rowe Price Employee Reviews

Found 524 reviews matching the search.See all 531 reviews

As a contractor, I was not made to feel welcome at all.

As a contractor (1 year contract finished in about 8 months) I was made to feel very much an outsider. I was not included in any office gatherings or any type of company meetings even though I was an integral part of the team. The culture there is very rigid. There are VERY specific guidelines to how the work was to be done. There was room for some creative approaches to course design but the for the most part you had to stay within the lines or get "wacked". There was NO sense of team (at least that I could discern from a contractor point of view) and it was just not a pleasurable experience.

Pros

Great Cafeterias for lunch, pleasant campus to work on in Owings Mills.

Cons

Getting hammered for the slightest mistake.

Power Corrupt

When they target you, you and going to be pushed to leave. HR is no good, not bias and ALWAYS going to participate in the targeting of employees. They treat admins like they are beneath them while they are the glue for much of the companies operation.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Abuse of Power with managers and supervisors

T. Rowe is a solid company

I had a good experience at T. Rowe. I worked there for 8+ years and was steadily rising through the company. The culture is very professional and they take training and leadership very seriously.

Go work at a real investment firm

Don't work here, they don't even guarantee tests for licensing. If you aren't looking to make a serious investment career then this is the place for you

Spiraling downhill fast

There’s a gap between upper management and associates— the pressure from top down is leading to representatives leaving and clients feel it the most. Hold times for callers have been over an hour. Horribly understaffed, poor technology, no communication regarding business update.

Pros

Benefits are outstanding

Cons

No work life balance

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Not what it seems

Too much training by fire. Little to no support. Management makes empty promises. Your coworkers are ok most of the time, but most are looking for any excuse to throw you under the bus. Systems don't work properly 75% of the time.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Micromanagement

Heavy with upper management

I've seen some really poor decisions made at the top. Very heavy upper management structure. Everyone is a VP it seems. Great benefits, but a lot is expected of you. Sometimes feel they are looking to push older folks out.

Pros

Retirement benefits, stock plan.

Cons

Micromanagement to the Nth degree.

Managers dictate work environment

Awful environment in 401 K department because of manager. Need new blood. Rules with an iron fist. Doesn’t speak to anyone. Rushes around to meeting after meeting closing his door. Worst manager I have ever had or witnessed. Lower managers get very poor training. Too young to be managers. Need much better supervisory skills in this entire department.

Pros

Hours and benefits

Cons

Everything else

Trowe

Bad management that cares about their personal advancement and not the employees. Pay is decent with good benefits. But they promise career advancement but it impossible to get promoted and their review process is awful.

Do not work here

Working at T Rowe Price has been a horrible experience for anyone I know who has worked there, which after two years of employment is a lot. T Rowe does not value education of any sort, so recent graduates steer clear. Furthermore, the "leadership" at TRP is completely out of touch and inept. Constant OT hours, outdated systems, low pay compared to competitors, no internal opportunities, constant confusion due to lack of resources and incompetent management. I truly cannot stress this enough: Do not work at T Rowe Price if you can help it, especially if you are a recent graduate.

Pros

Cons

Work life balance, Salary, No internal opportunities, Incompetent Management, Outdated systems, The list goes on

Jobs at T. Rowe Price

See more jobs

Overall Great Place to Work!

Great benefits! Management is always there to help you succeed. Decent amount of mandatory OT, but nice pay in return! The culture is wonderful and supportive!

Pros

Great pay, benefits, opportunities for advancement

Cons

Over Time, Sometimes Stressful tech issues

Great for new graduates not best for people with more responsibilities

Great benefits and fabulous opportunity for new college graduates to get their foot in the door. The time tables to answer calls and complete them were unexpected especially as a new csr. The stress is added when you’re being analyzed by management and then told those you call for assistance will also judge your calls. It makes doing and learning your job difficult if you’re worried about someone telling your manager everything you don’t know thirty days into the position. You feel like a lone wolf in the trenches and not trusting the process makes it difficult to feel comfortable and grow within the company. The lunch schedules aren’t consistent and changed almost daily. I learned not to plan anything in advance because I would have to cancel due to last minute changes. There is no room for family life. The Covid Crisis and virtual learning for children makes it difficult to balance this job, where you have to focus on each call to give the best service, especially as a new csr, and your kids needs. If you have room in your schedule to stay on the phone consistently for nine hours with a thirty minute lunch break(2-15 minute breaks are added), then this job is for you. Best for empty nesters, new college grads without other responsibilities.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Short breaks. Inconsistent Daily schedule. Lack of patience with secondary training.

Pretty boring and terrible management

Management did not even know how to do the stuff that they are managing other people to do 95% of the time and lets say that if tickets are being worked on the managers would only do like 2/250 just so they could say they did some type of work. In all honesty im happy I left because not only was the work redundant but management was just pointless.

Pros

The work is easy once you get the hang of it

Cons

Many people leave before they can teach you everything, and training was pointless

Great company, tough position

The job itself is really stressful and involves a lot of getting yelled at for things that are entirely out of your control as a call center rep. There's a huge emphasis on meeting metrics. The company itself is great, the benefits are amazing, and you really do feel like the "higher ups" want to hear what you have to say, but the position itself is not enjoyable. The opportunities for advancement are not as easily available as they make it sound when you start out.

Pros

Amazing benefits

Cons

Strict metrics, angry clients

Gaps in Training

5 weeks of training but not nearly enough time dedicated to the specifics of the tasks that we would be doing daily. Poor compensation for the effort. All that seems to matter is metrics, so if you can't keep a phone call under xx seconds, say goodbye!

Toxic Culture - Pls Read Entire Review :-)

The culture is 100% toxic. The unofficial nickname is “T. Rowe Nice” because leadership don’t really provide clear directives to you and you’re sort of expected to read between the lines. The biggest issue I have is this company makes it hard for me to provide appropriate client support. They’re about 20 years behind, technology-wise and planning-wise, but they’re providing us goals and objectives as if T. Rowe is a good enough competitor to the other firms. If you are going to work on the institutional side, this doesn’t apply. If you’re trying to come in to then transition to that side, just keep in mind the toxicity may make it tricky to make that jump. I think management works hard, but they are aloof. Middle management has a hard time taking feedback from employees (including outside hires), hence one of the major sources of the toxic culture. In addition, don’t let the fact that this is a Baltimore based firm fool you regarding preferable treatment towards POCs. They have some serious work to do in that department.

Pros

Fair pay

Cons

Toxic culture

Depends on Your Lifestyle & Goals

Lots of hours, we haven’t stopped over time in about a year. With that said, usually we slow down in the summer, but COVID-19 changed our needs. The company tries its best to create a work/life balance. They are even trying to see about flexible working schedules during the pandemic. Typically, hours and workdays aren’t flexible. You have a set schedule, but there’s not an option for 4 10’s, for example. For me, I don’t have kids or other obligations so it’s fine. I can understand how it might frustrate others with different life situations. As for the job and opportunities it is great. I guess the pay is less for the industry as a whole, but they pay for everything. Study materials, exams, licensing in states, I don’t have to worry about any of those details. They will pay for any test that you need for any role that you apply for and will provide you with paid study time. They even paid me while I took my exams. I feel like experienced individuals in finance wouldn’t care too much for these details, but for a noob like me, it’s great. The pay and benefits to me are awesome, much better than I have experienced in previous employment and when compared to jobs that my friends and family have. Additionally, if you want to go to school, they do have a tuition program. Of course, there are requirements & obligations, but it seems like a great option. It doesn’t have to be a degree in finance either. One can go to different departments, like legal or IT. Anywhere you want to get to with T. Rowe, the management team will help you get there. They can be a bit pushy (sometimes), -

Hard work no fun

Poor work culture incertain areas of the establishment which enclude other bulidings inside not out.Good top management I mean head boss and just under that.

Financial services representative

Back to back phone calls with disgruntled clients all day. Strict metric system. Inconsistent quality control. Very little room for advancement. Outdated technology. High stress all day.

Benefits

It’s a great place to start

Great place to start and you will learn a lot on the job. It’s hectic at times and you will not feel prepared when you hit the floors. It’s definitely taught me how to roll with the punches and use my resources efficiently.

Cons

A lot of hours, repetitive work, poor communication from management

Solid place to work with good people culture. Pay could be better but 401k and other benefits were great.

I enjoyed my time here. Good people and an enjoyable culture with good job security. Pay a little low for industry but makes up for it with excellent 401k contributions and company culture.

Pros

People

Cons

Overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T. Rowe Price. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight