T.D. Williamson, Inc. Employee Reviews

No loyalty
Tulsa, OK, HSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 31, 2018
Hired employees and then had massive lay offs. Not a career company for a professional. No opportunities to improve company climate/culture. Ruled by Williams family members who "work" there.
Daily Activities
Sr. Project Manager, Manager USA (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2018
TDW promoted communication and conversation with other departments and employees to promote unity and product knowledge.
TDW provides a great workplace environment with positive attitudes, community service and promotion.
Pros
Focused on employees and their work / life ballance
Cons
healthcare was cumberome and switched administrators a couple times.
The company itself was good.
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 13, 2018
The explanation of the job I was hired for was downplayed. I was not told that the job encompassed three full time jobs. My counterparts in other locations did not carry the full load that was required of my position. After hire I was told on multiple times, verbally and in writing, that management was aware that the job was multiple person job and that there would be others hired to lessen the load. The expectations for this job was unrealistic and upper management was not supportive. I was employed for 17 months and during that time I felt harassed and discriminated against. It is unfortunate because the people I worked with were a great bunch of individuals.
Technicians and management worked as a team to get the job done
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEApril 25, 2018
Typical day: Lots of work and interaction with customers.

What I learned: Learned a lot about different applications for piping as well as water, gas and nuclear applications

work place culture: Promoted from within

Hardest part of the job: Being downsized

Enjoyable part of the job: Travel/customer interaction and securing bids
Pros
Travel / customer interaction
Cons
Not having enough personnel to perform all of the work
fun
FIELD TECHNICIAN HT&P, Hot Tap Advanced (Current Employee) –  indonesiaApril 1, 2018
Not much pressure/no stressfull, easy and family culture, work with any other people around the world with many cultures differently and in a friendly environment
Safe, clean workplace
Senior Welder (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 23, 2018
Company focused on safety.
Employees are required to keep shop exceptionally clean. Management does not "babysit" employees. Great training. No shortage of equipment to complete job tasks.
Pros
Clean, safe, good hours
Best Place EVER!!
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 16, 2018
This is by far the best company I have ever worked for! The management truly cares, and gives their all to help employees. We have our share of issues, but who is perfect? The culture is positive, friendly, chill, and enjoyable. Projects are intense, and provide a great environment for learning and applying principles learned in school.
Pros
Great building, short commute, positive place to be.
Oil industry!
Master Site Scheduler/Senior Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 9, 2018
Enjoyed working at TDW! Great atmosphere. Awesome people! Perfect work / life balance! Never had any issues getting what was needed to get the job done!
Outstanding Intern environment
Electrical Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 19, 2017
I could not imagine a better place to do an internship. The EE group I worked with was committed to my success and increasing my knowledge to become a part of their team. Great group of engineers.
Pipeline servicing
Data Conversion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 11, 2017
Strong international presence in pipeline servicing.
Good management team, locations in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and Salt Lake City, Utah provide options for work locations in the US.
Pros
Pay, benefits, and challenges
Cons
Decline in fossil fuels
Good Place to Work
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 12, 2017
It has been a while since I worked there, and they have had some layoffs since I left. However, while I was there it was a good place to work run by good people.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
decisions can take some time to make
Company struggles with its people skills.
EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 26, 2017
Years of management's inability to make tough decisions has resulted in a drain of good, knowledgeable employees and a loss of cooperation and familial culture. It's a great place to work if you don't "care too much." If you do care, it's rather discouraging.
Contract CNC Programmer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 16, 2017
Except for the constant changing around that is.
I just seemed like they would always change something around when it was working just fine and the people just got used to it.
Pros
They had a lot of free lunches at least twice a month
Cons
too many chiefs making to many changes
Engineering Assistant
Engineering Project Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 2, 2017
Enjoyed working with highly trained Engineers and Drafters, who were willing to provide support to me, which allowed me to understand and complete my analysis and data analysis most accurately and in a calm and fun environment.
Pros
Lunch provided many days for the whole company.
Cons
job was temporary
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 30, 2017
I am constantly challenged and thoroughly enjoy my work. The management team seems to be taking the company to a great direction! I am excited about the future of the organization!
Great benefits, Top pay of the pay scale.
Senior Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 31, 2017
I have learned great skills and met some of the most amazing people who have molded me and made me the employee I am today. I have no regrets working at TDW.

TDW community relations is top notch and has to be the most fulfilling part of the job.

TDW used to be a great place to work. Current management has changed the environment to be a volatile and hostile workplace.
Constant Layoffs
Mechanical Engineer Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 28, 2017
T.D. Williamson is consistently laying people off. Since they are in the oil and gas industry I can understand the ups and downs, but the management of assets was very poor. Good employees we consistently being let go because of this problem.
Meh
Technician (Current Employee) –  Western HemisphereJuly 24, 2017
It's an OK company, but expect to jump through hoops to get a promotion/raise.

Rumors are running rampant that the company is up for sale, despite management insisting otherwise.

People seem to be quitting left and right (some of whom are management). Never a good sign.

You will constantly feel as though you could to a thousand things right, but if you make one mistake you'll get the hammer.
Pros
Great people
Cons
The work can be exhausting, and you constantly feel the need to CYA.
TDW is not a place to stay
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 22, 2017
Poorly managed company. People are leaving in droves. (both regular workers and managment) Top management doesn't have a clue as to how to stop it and make people happy again. Bonuses cut, layoffs poorly done, Retirement cut. No reason to remain at the company longer than a couple of years. People are really frustrated and down about the working conditions. Some of the worst managers that i've ever had to deal with. They give a lot of lip service, but can't get anything done. They claim to be a "Family Business." Unfortunately, its more the "Manson Family."
Very stressful environment for Technicians
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Texas0July 19, 2017
Technicians are treated unfair, and rumored that they have no common sense. A bunch of men who tap on live oil and gas lines, but aren't smart enough.
Cons
Little pay, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.D. Williamson, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about