T.G.I Fridays Employee Reviews

Found 3,847 reviews matching the search See all 4,755 reviews
I loved working in a restaurant!
Friday's/ Hostess, Server (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJanuary 15, 2019
Working in such a busy restaurant with a high paced environment was very fun. All of the servers and other employees really came together as a team to always get the job done! Management was great. By far, this was my favorite job I ever had, unfortunately, due to the inconvenient hours I had to leave. The work schedule fit for servers to profit the most was not compatible with my school schedule, and other responsibilities.
Pros
work enviornment was energetic
Cons
the work hours were inconvenient for a student
Very Unprofeesional
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Mayfield hts,OhioJanuary 10, 2019
This Particular Fridays was a joke to work for.When I first started it seemed to be a very solid team until a couple of weeks in. The G.M position changed 3 times within the past year The kitchen is beyond nasty and the whole kitchen is always in party mode in a bad way.Management seems to not care about the store or the employees or customers at all which is very sad to me.The store needs a complete overall from top to bottom.
Pros
Cons
no benefits, dirty kitchen, no leadership, no standards at all
Fast-paced work environment
Waitress and Bartender (Current Employee) –  Troy Hills, NJJanuary 3, 2019
As a bartender and server, it is crucial to be outgoing, excited, and energetic. One must also have the ability to cooperate with customers and management. A typical night is to be the only bartender, with a busy bar and busy restaurant and to make drinks for everyone and make conversation with the guests. I must also keep up putting the dishes away and keeping the bar clean for the next guests. I keep all my tips, and I get tipped out from the servers for making their drinks. I claim my tips, and typically receive a $0.00 paycheck.
Working for TGI Fridays
waitress (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 7, 2019
It all depends on who your manager is as to how you get along with them. sometimes they can be very nice or sometimes they can make your life horrible. honestly I wouldn't recommend anyone working with them. ive have good and bad times while working with them and the fact that I couldn't get the chance to explain my situation as to why I left is hard enough. sometimes they make your experience with them great but other times the managers can make you feel like your not wanted at the job or even at the store.
A place for College students
Server COACH/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MO 63141January 11, 2019
I would 100% recommend Fridays to any student who is in college for these reasons:
1. Flexible hours
2. Good money opportunity
3. Great food
4. Generally appeasing environment

I am a college student who works at Fridays and I can say they provided me a schedule that worked perfect with my school schedule. I was able to work decent hours and shifts, making close to $200 a day. I am able to pay for all my bills with no worries.
Pros
flexible hours, tips are good, great food
Cons
management, drunks, bad tippers
Amazing money poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 18, 2018
When i started everything was perfect, the managers were awesome and understanding with everything. But the longer i worked there, the more management started taking advantage of over working, You’d be scheduled 40+ hours but they would be on you not to go over it. Other employee’s would constantly pull “no call no shows” with no repercussion but if you gave your honest thought about how things were done, you got written up. It’s a very poor place to work management wise, you’d have to be a pro at being okay with someone talking to you like a child when you’re 18+ y/o
Great job for a college student
Server/Bartender/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 25, 2018
Lots of multitasking and dealing in customer service. The customer is always right so you are always wrong, although for the most part in this restaurant people would come for a quick meal or drinks and not be a bother. Tips were good because of the high volume of customers and quick turnaround. Good management lead to an enjoyable work environment.
Pros
Good tips, good hours for student.
Cons
stress and lots of multitasking.
i liked the table setting
Server (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILDecember 12, 2018
I didn't mind working for this company, what I didn't like about working there even though I had the experience and knew what I was doing I was still treated as if I didn't have the experience was given 1 to 2 tables at a time. then you have to have customer surveys in order to advance to have more tables, then the tips I made I had to share with the hostesses. this was not the job for me. poor management and favoritism. I'm glad I left.
Pros
great table setup and seating
Cons
poor management.
A good work environment but rough management.
hostess (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILDecember 12, 2018
A typical day would be fun because we were kind of like a family. I learned how to communicate better with staff and costumers. The management was not the best though.The workplace culture was pretty cool and chill. The hardest part was I had to host and bus; I would have parties up front while i'd have 5 tables or so to bus. I would be the only host sometimes and it was hard at first but i'd always pull through and get the job done. The most enjoyable is growing a close relationship with the co-workers. We all watched out for each other and genuinely cared for one another.
Pros
co-workers are caring
Cons
management
Loved the coworkers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Turnersville, NJDecember 11, 2018
My day as a host would consist of me fixing the seating charts and making sure everything was in order. At the time of me working there, the managers were not able to be under pressure. They would get snappy with the employees, making everyone upset and miserable for the busy night. But, those managers have all left by now. I loved my coworkers and spending time with them. Managers keep you on when you're obviously not needed and making no money
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
no breaks, bad hours
Other bartenders (unqualified waitresses) were filthy
Bartender (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYDecember 9, 2018
Dumped old drink ice (limes, sip stix and all) on top of new clean ice and made new drinks with it. GROSS! I'd tended bar already for 14 years, and NEVER saw anything like it. I cleaned the bin during their lunch break and they came back and saw it. They took the first dirty glass they could find and dumped the contents onto the clean ice and did it again! Filthy! Then they got me forced out and given another job as waiter with no training whatsoever.
Pros
Nice marketing
Cons
Nobody knows what they're doing.
Fast pace enviroment especially on the weekends be prepared to work at a fast pace. great co workers and working in a team enviroment you start to
Dishwasher/Porter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2018
Great if you have nothing else going on but not to stay in. You definitely wanna get in and get out. You working hard but it goes unnoticed alot of times. Team enviroment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working together to get things done
Pros
Free Food, guarenteed hours, team enviroment, work shifts fly by
Cons
Little recognition, some Managers dont care for the employees, rude employees
overwhelming
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 8, 2019
A typical day at work was overwhelming and unorganized during events that were being held. I learned to plan ahead and patience while having remarkable customer service. Hardest part of the job was my managers co managing and dealing with remarks and the form of being taught right from wrong. The most enjoyable part was working as a team and being able to recieve help when needed.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unable to call in, barely off during holidays
Don't work here.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  PANovember 29, 2018
Management is awful. They hire anyone. There are absolutely no expectations for employees. Servers and cooks were so high they were nodding out while working with no repercussions. If you do show up on time and work hard, they will take advantage of you. Regular to have 45 min ticket times while not even busy. If you have any self respect, do not work there.
Pros
Anyone can get hired there. You can get high in the bathroom
Cons
Money, staff, managment, 13 hour shifts with no break
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHDecember 18, 2018
Typical day was arriving 15 minutes prior to work and getting situated. Learned the basic roles of the kitchen and my role as a worker. Management was lacking in ensuring we were appropriately staffed. The workplace culture was most looking out for themselves. Hardest part was the stress while being under staffed so unable to get a break. Most enjoyable part was getting work experience.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
No breaks, understaffed
I wouldn't recommend working here.
Server (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 10, 2019
While I was working at Friday's, the store was very slow. We hardly got business and eventually had to close because of it. The rare times we actually did get busy, the GM would lose his mind and start screaming at everyone and next to no one would be able to handle all of their tables because it was so out of the normal.
Pros
Decent food with discounts, and semi-friendly co-workers.
Cons
Slow, stressful, and kind of poor management.
Just wassnt for me
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 26, 2018
I worled at Fridays cause i needed money. Had no intentions of staying with food service. I busted my butt there just to be screamed at for having a panic attack cause i was told to run the uber eats station with NO TRAINING. I made a mistake at work and told the client i would fix it. I got told if i got smart with another customer i was fired. I was never smart/rude. I quit. And they take forever to send you your last check
Pros
Docounted food tips
Cons
Everything else
Stressfull and fast paced
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 19, 2018
My shifts consisted of constant fast paced working. Moving around from one area of the restaurant to the other, and trying your best not accidentally bump into a co-worker or guest. I learned how to be extremely agile and move my body like they do in the 'MATRIX' movies. The only real enjoyable part of working for TGI FRIDAYS for me was the money. The money was decent and appreciated.
Pros
Money
Cons
Stressfull enviornment
chaotic disorganized chasing top line sales
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHNovember 22, 2018
The fact that they are deep discounters and only promote disounted items devalues the brand.
it makes it hard to build loyalty of staff and an overall feeling of comfort.
it feels like we cant stand by our core values and only discounting will bring in guests
When in reality we are not generating new guests, we are just discounting current and guest and struggle to realize why yoy sales are decreasing
Pros
Nrationally Recognized
Cons
The people who cripled the brand now run it
Worst place to work. Ever.
Server (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 3, 2018
Literally one of the worst places I have ever worked in my life. It was absolutely miserable. The managers don’t care about their employees and the other employees definitely don’t care about each other. Everybody is out to help themselves. Good luck to the next innocent person they trick in to working here. P.S. it doesn’t matter if you’re a male or female. Tips are no good no matter what at this place.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.G.I Fridays. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.5K
31.1K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss