T.G.I Fridays Employee Reviews

Found 3,622 reviews matching the search See all 4,477 reviews
a very cool place to work nice people. tbe mangers was very understand.
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 24, 2018
I enjoyed the 7 years of working in Friday's it was a good place to work.just wanted more money I knew the whole place in and out .employees was nice and help you when you need it
Overall a productive fun energetic competitive place to work
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 24, 2018
Enjoy coming to work every day meeting new people cooking new things and experiencing new task and learning new cooking experiences and recipes on a daily basis.
Pros
This job offer health care, benefits, great people to work with, and great bosses.
Cons
I really didn't have nothing I didn't like about this job, I loved it
Was a fun place to work until it sold as a corporation
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 23, 2018
Management is awful, the food has became distasteful everything comes out of a box or bag. No old traditions although they try. Spent a long time working here and ending up regretting that I stayed so long.
Ok job.
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHSeptember 23, 2018
Great place to grow, learned a lot in this restaurant. Friday's provided me with everything I needed to learn and grow within the company. Under new management currently.
Ok
Server (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 22, 2018
Alot of work sidework and running a round. Its a fun environment but can be stressful at times with little tips and long hours.extra cleaning it was ok
Its Food Service
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 21, 2018
Food service is always stressful and has high turnover. Jobs usually pay decent but always have you on your feet. Company promotions can always double your workload too.
Very fast paced fun environment to work at
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 21, 2018
Working at TGIF Friday’s I learned how to work at a fast pace and I also learned how to be a positive conworked. A typical day working is very fast paced must be able to work with your hands fast. The hardest part working at this Friday’s doing dishwashing is running them through the machine must be able to do it quick the most enjoyable part is working in a positive group with co workers and being able to help others and receive help slow the discounts you get. Management is great and treated right with respect
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Not a good place to work
Host (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 21, 2018
I worked "part time" while going to college full time. I ended up being scheduled as a closing host (which works until at least 11pm-1am) every night during the week. I would come in at 4pm so I would typically get anywhere for 7-9 hours a night and I was always extremely busy. I would work 35-45 hours a week which is definitely not part time.

I also had an incident that required workers compensation the second week I was there and it did not get taken care of until almost a month after I left, which was 9 months later, when I got a medical bill sent to me that should have already been paid. They finally paid it after I continuously called and wouldn't leave them alone.
fun employees
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  South Gate, CASeptember 20, 2018
We have a lot of fun with all the workers there. we became a family. always have each others back and always got through our tough work days together.
Pros
quick money
Cons
schedules
TGI Fridays
Server (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 20, 2018
TGI Fridays is a great place to learn the "restaurant business." The menu is pretty simple to learn and the atmosphere is pretty laid back. The tips aren't too bad for this style of restaurant.
Pros
50% food, decent tips
Cons
Promotions aren't the best, Failing brands
Fun place
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 20, 2018
I have never had the experiences meeting new people all over the world at Ronald Reagan National Airport . The friendships was such a strong professional bond that still exist
Pros
Tips
Cons
Slow days
great place to eat with familys an sports bar.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mrytle beach south carolinaSeptember 20, 2018
most favorite place i ever worked for in my career. I started way back in the early 90's. when cooking was at it's peak time of fun cooking i mean real fun. I enjoyed learning on how to cook and deal with the pressure and passion for my job.
Pros
fun, fun, fun i live for the great experince of friday's.
Cons
great place to work.
Fridays
Server (Current Employee) –  Middle River, MDSeptember 20, 2018
Poor management. Not only were the staff and management poor at their jobs but the costumers were always rude and almost never tipped a decent amount. Servers live off of tips, this is not a place for someone who needs to pay bills or make an actual living.
Its ok
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 19, 2018
Managment doesnt care noone works as a team. If you suck at your job they promote you and give you hours. Managers make bartenders do liquor orders. It's sad.
Cons
No break unless your a smoker
My typical work days.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 19, 2018
The work day was a fast pace. I learned that great customer service can lead to a good day. The managers i worked with some were alright and some were fair. My workplace culture was alright and the other employees i worked with were cool to be around. The hardest part of the job was when i was the only person there on that task but i managed to get the job done. Then the most enjoyable part of then job was meeting new people, and enjoy the costumers as they came and left.
Awful
Server (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 19, 2018
Fridays is a terrible place to work! They train their servers really well and that aspect is great but the management and the company itself are awful! Can never find a manager because they're either on a smoke break or hiding out in the office.
Good college job
Server (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PASeptember 19, 2018
TGI Friday's is the perfect job for college students. It is a fast-pace job, with an uplifting environment. I learned that the customer is not always right, but we will do whatever we can to make them happy. The hardest part of the job, is nothing. I feel that working in the food industry is hard, only in the aspect that it can be exhausting on the body - but that will be most jobs, right??
Decent Place to Work
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 17, 2018
Was a server and a key holder here it was a decent place to work. While going to school. The GM at the time was awesome. He set some good examples on how to be a great contributor to the business.
Fast paced and competitive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CASeptember 17, 2018
Started off at a host and moved my way up to Server withing 7 months.
Had to perform many skills such as multi tasking, customer service, expedite,help servers out if they needed, gain a relationship with customers. etc
Fast paced, high volume corporate restaurant.
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Farmingville, NYSeptember 17, 2018
This company has many cons such as great money, good shifts and helpful coworkers.

Managers could be more hands on and apply more structure, paychecks can range from 30 dollars or less for the week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.G.I Fridays. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.4K
31.1K

Diversity score

62out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at T.G.I Fridays.

Powered by Comparably