T.G.I Fridays Employee Reviews

31K
Found 3,424 reviews matching the search See all 4,209 reviews
Stressful
Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJuly 13, 2018
Working at Fridays was extremely stressful. The turnover is high for hourly and salary workers. The money you make is "quick money", so if you need money fast every day then it's the job tor you. The more work you put in the more money you make but it does take a toll on you physically. If you don't plan on working there long don't look for opportunities to advance unless you have a degree. The minimum amount of time to put into the job to advance is 5 years.
Pros
Fast money
Cons
terrible conditions
Long hours, but great opportunity for learning
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
The job can get hectic, but they train you for most situations. Good pay and benefits. Big downfall is that they are open on Christmas, and it is very hard to staff for all of the holidays.
Pros
Good Pay, and Training
Cons
Long hours and open every Holiday
Management needs work
Server (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 11, 2018
I enjoyed most of my time working there but I wouldn't recommend anyone over the age of 25 to apply. The best thing about the place is a few lifetime friends I've aquired.
Pros
Half off food
fast paced
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 10, 2018
the job itself is not very difficult as long as you remember table number and sections and know how to work the micros station. the issue I had here was the other employees not doing their job and expecting everyone else to do it for them. The supervisor and store managers were great but I had trouble with the scheduling manager(and I wasn't the only one) I would write down the hours I was available to work at certain times and she would completely disregard what I wrote down.
Pros
employee discount, cash everyday
Cons
other employees not doing their work, scheduing manager would just put whatever she wanted
not the best place to make a living
Bartender/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 10, 2018
The pay is not worth the work. At first nice place to be but there is not enough guest to make any money, mangers don't like doing their jobs and over all just a stressful place to work.
Pros
half of food and great coworkers
Cons
taribble guest and mangers
Good atmosphere
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 10, 2018
It is very fast paced. Once a customer is done, another one replaces them. Management follows the rules and expects their employees to as well. Keeping the corner bar atmosphere.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No paid vacation
Fast paced, fast money.
Hostess/Server/Cocktail/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 9, 2018
Some days or hours were slow and then it would get very fast and demanding. Always had to be on your feet and keeping people happy. Customer service was the biggest role there. The guest was always right, even when they were absolutely wrong.
Pros
Could take off time whenever wanted.
Fun and relaxing
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2018
Working here is great, greeting new customers or even regulars, each day is an adventure, different people filled with different energy makes you excited to come into work
I really enjoyed my experience there
Server/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2018
It was a great environment overall. Team was well balanced and everybody worked in union. Only issue that came was the knowledge of being under paid a
Nice place to work but no advancment.
Experienced server/ host (Current Employee) –  Hazlet, NJJuly 9, 2018
I liked working there it was a nice place to work at we currently are in the top 3 of best fridays in the state. Good work culture.We all got along very well.
Pros
Nice money
Cons
No breaks
Nice job
Master Chef (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 9, 2018
It was a pleasure to work with them I learned a lot from there we had fun there and I meet a lot of people there that was friendly and helpful to me and my career I enjoyed the family I made there they was and always will be the best
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
30 minutes short breaks
A good work place just poor management
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International AirportJuly 9, 2018
The family atmosphere is amazing between the FOH and BOH. The main thing that destroys the work place is the poor management and the way they hold you back from advancement.
Pros
family atmosphere, flexible schedule
Cons
no breaks, poor management
Hmm
Server (Current Employee) –  GuamJuly 8, 2018
This job is great for customer service. You meet lots of new people. The employees are all very outgoing and so are the guests. It can be very fast paced, but the time goes by quickly.
Great Mgmt but low pay for hard work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2018
Enjoyed the people and mgmt I worked with but the pay was so low. I always responded when called in and worked what ever hours asked but again the pay was not commensurate to the work required.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Low salary
Average corporate restaurant
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJ 08753July 8, 2018
Friday’s is an average corporate restaurant; strict sales goals, systematic training and reviews, and strong-willed management. The restaurant is just not busy enough and I have had difficulty keeping up with my bills.
Pros
Discount food, unpaid vacation time
Cons
Not busy enough
okay sometimes
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAJuly 7, 2018
A typical day was stressful and unorganized but with a strong team behind you for support some days were better than others. I would have liked better management and more scheduled hours
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks, poor management
Fun place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Greece, NYJuly 5, 2018
This experience was one of my better experiences within the food service business. Like any job could be stressful at test but overall a good place to work.
Pros
Free meals for cooks
Cons
Short breaks
I worked with a fun staff
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 4, 2018
I enjoyed working at fridays. The flexibility and tip incentive everyday made working longer hours easy. The more I worked, the more I would leave eith at the end of the night.
Pros
Discounted food, cash in hand at night
Cons
Hourly rate
It is a good transition experience
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 4, 2018
Working at Fridays was a good experience for the most part. I ended up learning a lot even though it wasn't always enjoyable. I would say that I don't regret my decision of working here for as long as I did. It provided me with an outlet to grow more in a fast paced environment.
Fun place
Host, Service and Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 4, 2018
It is Restaurant work so you get what you signed up for. Culture depends on location and they do care about the employee from the bus boy to upper management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.G.I Fridays. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight