T.G.I Fridays Employee Reviews in New York, NY

Found 73 reviews matching the search See all 4,727 reviews
Pretty Fun
5th Avenue - Hostess (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2019
Although I wasn't there long it was fun management had a great handle on the location, and I would do it again. The management was very on top of things and the kitchen and servers were quick and dedicated.
Pros
Flexible hours, discounts or free food, fast pace but fun environment
Cons
can't properly list I wasn't there long enough
I'like to thank you for the opportunity to work for you and wish you the best of luck.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2019
Work as dishwasher utility washing dishes washed pots and pans helping with light prep.swerping and taking care of the kitchen.slso helping with light prep.
Pros
Learning more about the position
Cons
Very fast paced
Fast paced, high volume work
Server (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2019
Fast paced, high volume restaurant catering to tourist. Can be very stressful. Employees work hard but you can make decent pay if you take care of your guest.
Pros
good tips
Cons
stressful
Not a place for longevity
Sauté Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2019
This is a franchise here in ny
ny not a Corp store it is ran gangster and scary don't want to talk about what goes on there I learned every station and still can't get fare pay time to leave
Pros
Cooks eat
Cons
If you only speak english your losr
fun place to work at but the income and work hours are very low.
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job is that i got to help and communicate with a lot of customers. i learned to communicate more and have better conversations and providing the customers with whatever they need.
Pros
free food.
Cons
no breaks, low pay.
Other bartenders (unqualified waitresses) were filthy
Bartender (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYDecember 9, 2018
Dumped old drink ice (limes, sip stix and all) on top of new clean ice and made new drinks with it. GROSS! I'd tended bar already for 14 years, and NEVER saw anything like it. I cleaned the bin during their lunch break and they came back and saw it. They took the first dirty glass they could find and dumped the contents onto the clean ice and did it again! Filthy! Then they got me forced out and given another job as waiter with no training whatsoever.
Pros
Nice marketing
Cons
Nobody knows what they're doing.
Fast pace enviroment especially on the weekends be prepared to work at a fast pace. great co workers and working in a team enviroment you start to
Dishwasher/Porter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2018
Great if you have nothing else going on but not to stay in. You definitely wanna get in and get out. You working hard but it goes unnoticed alot of times. Team enviroment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working together to get things done
Pros
Free Food, guarenteed hours, team enviroment, work shifts fly by
Cons
Little recognition, some Managers dont care for the employees, rude employees
Loved the staff, hated the menu.
HOSPITALITY ASSOCIATE MANAGER/ BARTENDER, BAR89 (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
Endless appetizers were the worst thing Ive ever seen happen to a kitchen and wait staff. It was a way to tell us that it was ok for us to work ten times harder for much less money. It crashed the kitchen endlessly, made servers RUN as fast as they could and all for less actual money in the servers pockets or much more work for the same amount of money in the kitchen staffs pockets. I understand the appeal to the clientele but it ruined the flow of the food and every tables experience. Who wants a 40 minute appetizer but a five minute steak? It forced the staff to eventually become nothing but professional apologizers.
Pros
staff
TGI Fridays
1st ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2018
I don't complain . Everything is a learning experience to be better and to progress . I learned a lot with them and appreciative of the time and experiences
Pros
the people and family that you grow with
Cons
the company structure or lack thereof
Restaurant with Music and T.V.'s
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2018
Mixed drinks and served several guests at once, while providing great customer service. Took food orders and fulfilled guests demands. Not a lot of diversity among employees.
Fun atmosphere
Dishwasher/Porter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2018
A typical evening shift at T.G.I. Friday's can be a very busy place during the seasonal period, there is no time to sit down. I learned that in a very busy atmosphere you really stay focused on your job performance, it's simple when everyone is on the same page working together the hardest part is that they're many different cultures to deal with that means personality flare ups and different ethnic culture beliefs but at the end of the day the most enjoyable part of the job is the success and getting through a long busy day.
Pros
lunch is taken out of your checks from a selective menu
Cons
30 min breaks
Horrible working environment, unprofessional management
Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2018
Management was very unprofessional
Very fast paced so you can learn a lot
The system was very old and very confusing so it was easy to make certain mistakes
Pros
Discounted luches
Cons
Short breaks
Good place unfair managment and favoritism
WAITER/SERVER/TO-GO/BUSSER/DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2018
Place was great to work at but managers would play favoritism with shifts sections and issues. Food discount was great and only 1 manager carried about the employees.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Busy
I loved working here
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2018
This place was Fun energetic and full of life . The staff was loyal and will to work for the company to make it better I would still be there if it didn't close its doors
Pros
Great atmostpher and amazing staff
Cons
Place closed
over view
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2018
I started a server and moved to management team 2 years later. Very high volume constant movement with volume. Managed the 10 million dollar location on the corner of 50th street with over 225 employee's . I managed to open to new locations with Fridays .Hiring , training , labor control, scheduling and daily functions
Pros
very high volume. great Director of operations and team members
Cons
pricing on menu items ould generate guest complaints
Great work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2018
Outstanding work environment, collaborative staff and very fast paced. Low pay, no sock leave policy. No paid vacation. Not enough of employees at location.
Fun productive good as a second job
Busser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2018
The pay wasn't the best. Management isn't up to par, you may be stuck getting not knowing what to do. Decent job, only good as a second job, if needed.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor work envrionment
The staff At the Rockefeller center TGI Friday’s are all professional
T.G.I Friday’s Dishwasher, Busser, Runner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2017
Great place to eat or grab a drink family oriented, tgi servers and host make it a personal hands on experience when dealing with the customers. Making tgi a great place to work and eat
Very calm place , nice people to work with and very nice customers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
i was very sick so i couldn't come into work, called the boss stated to me sorry you didn't show up , so you no longer work here anymore. I enjoyed the experience at the job, it was very cool and calm
Pros
45mins of breaks
Cons
pay for lunches
very busy
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2017
some worker's were hard to work with, other employee's show great help in the work place. The food was really great. the waiter's were always busy, the back house cooks could really get paid more the work that we did.
Pros
great food
Cons
wanted more hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.G.I Fridays. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.4K
31.1K

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight