T.G.I Fridays Employee Reviews for Bartender

Found 580 reviews matching the search See all 4,740 reviews
I would love to work for them again
Server Trainer/Server Bartender (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 18, 2019
I worked in Ohio for TGIF I had a corporate manager ask me out that was married he was persistent. The result was me leaving. TGIF is a terrific spot to be I made very good money and had plenty to tip out my team. They had a great menu and attract upper clientele guests who tip very well I enjoyed working with them
Good
Bartender and Waiter (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 12, 2019
Very fast paced and hectic at times . Managers are decent . Staff is helpful . Hours are long . Customers are often cheap and don’t tip . A lot of coupons
Terrible place to work for!!!!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIJuly 8, 2019
The management is absolutely unbelievably immature, unreliable,doesn care about employees, and very untrained. No one is accountable for calling off or no call no shows. So many people need to be fired including management. If I were you I’d save yourself the time and apply elsewhere.
My time was well used
Bar Manager/Head Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2019
The time I put into Friday’s was nothing less than enjoyable. If you have a goal they help you reach it. I only worked on the Corperate side of the company never franchise.
High paced work enviroment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 29, 2019
This review is not indicative of all Friday's, but at the Fridays I worked at there is a sense of "everyone man for himself." Managers do not like to take advise, the work environment allows for coworkers to avoid cooperation, and customers can be demanding. On the bright side I did enjoy going to work every shift, I liked my coworkers, just wouldn't want to work with them.
Pros
I made $17- $20/h, Tips are taken home after every shift, always shifts available for pick up, half off your meal
Cons
little cooperation, long ticket times, poor management, good workers are punished by working longer shifts
Fast paced fun expirence
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYJune 28, 2019
Fast paced fun experience with the ability to create themed parties some of wich included a halloween party wich was super fun and we got to dress up :)
Locations depends on job satisfaction
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAJune 25, 2019
overall, not the worst or best serving job but was close to other staff members. There’s always shifts to pick up and money to be made but need to have a positive attitude and let things roll off your back to survive. Some nights this side work compared to the little cash you would make seemed unfair.
Pros
Fun coworkers, hard work SOMETIMES recognized, lots of hours and all cash
Cons
Long hours on your feet, understaffed kitchen, some awful customers
Organized and friendly team members/ management
Bartender/Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2019
I had bartender experience before working with TGIFridays but not a lot of experience in full service restaurants. I learned a lot in a short amount of time during the bar training and was extremely impressed with the bar etiquette and with the organized expectations. When I entered management training it was exciting and new, I again learned quickly in a short amount of time. After training was finished I had the confidence to manage and operate every shift effectively. The pride in working with the company grew tremendously through out my employment with this restaurant.
Pros
Free lunch for management 1/2 off for team members great benefits package
Energetic and ever changing
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 18, 2019
If was a fun and quite a learning experience....I started as a server then became a coach then head trainer then bartender.. glad to have worked there for so long and learned so much
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Chaotic management
Super fun atmosphere specially dealing with guest and makes them happy
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Tgifridays PhillipinesJune 13, 2019
The company training is awesome!
They will commend people who work hard and satisfy the guests experience. I learned a lot from tgifridays company. I started as a bartender march 3, 2015
And now im already a bar coach and training new bartenders here. I love working here!
Pros
Awards.
Favoritism, management sits in the office or at the bar and hate when you need their help for anything.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 12, 2019
All the other servers clique up and can’t stand for new people to be hired. No wonder the turn over rate is SKY HIGH, the poor girls come in and leave within 2-4 weeks.
Pros
Tips are good and the food is okay.
Cons
12hr work shifts, you never get out of there when your schedule says. No breaks, unwelcoming co workers and never much management help.
It was okay
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport, GAJune 11, 2019
I didn’t necessarily enjoy working for Friday’s. However, it wasn’t because of the business itself. I enjoyed the culture of Friday’s.. but the management at the location I worked at was poor.
Everyone is jumping ship, or walking on a plank.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2019
The culture is seeded in the tenor you have with the franchise, regardless of the fact that you could have spent years with the corporate brand. The stores are closing down and the higher management nickel and dimes the products being served, under par, at the restaurants. It seemed to be all about the money, and less about the guest and employee morale. Morale is nonexistent in higher management and it is stressful to keep a straight face when it comes to working in a sinking ship.
fun work place
Server/Trainer/Bartender (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJJune 6, 2019
great company for a beginner server. fast paced, simple menu. team usually works well together but management needs improvement in organization and cleanliness at times.
Pros
good company
Cons
management needs improving
Great place
Bartender and Manager, Front of house manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 4, 2019
I loved this place the moment I walked in. I met great people along the way. Management was awesome we had pranks and safe good humor fun along the way to build morale
Pros
Great friends
West end
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  West end Dallas TXMay 28, 2019
Worst place I’ve worked very chaotic never listening to employees blames employee doesn’t take actions nor speak on issues doesn’t compensat employees eithee
Just so so
Hostess server , bartender and line cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYMay 25, 2019
Great place to make money. I feel like they make anyone a manager . Corporate isn’t really involved as much as they should be. We had to remodel our location ourselves and out of my GMS pocket
Poor managment and poor servers horrible cooks
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 22, 2019
Find a fridays with high google reviews I worked at 3 different fridays and all were the same. Horrible managers they hired all young friends out of high school so all the servers ans host were lazy and the cooks were mediocre
Pros
Promotes within company if you show your worth they will bring you up
Cons
Bad reputation means a dead resturant
If you're a people person
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 20, 2019
if you like dealing with the public, then this is for you. this is a fun and fast paced environment . You will make life ling friends and great money as well.
Blah
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 19, 2019
The clientele completely ruins any fun or compensation st work. Working at the wrong Friday’s can really mess with your money. I wasn’t able to pay bills because of the lack of tips people leave behind after you serve them.
Pros
Discounts
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.G.I Fridays. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.5K
31.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at T.G.I Fridays.

Powered by Comparably