T.G.I Fridays Employee Reviews

Found 4,135 reviews matching the search See all 4,736 reviews
Fun and fast workplace
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 26, 2019
The shifts here are very long, an average night shift for me (someone on the bar side) was 9-11 hours, but the money made it worth getting home so late. Our general manager was very fair and reasonable.
Productive and laid back
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 26, 2019
A full time server at TGIF Friday’s was a growing opportunity to gain customer service. The down fall about this business was at times would run slow, other then that I enjoyed working there and the staff in it.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Business slowdown
Off 38th st
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2019
Customers that go there do not tip very well and restraunt does not make up for what u don't make. Management has went downhill since they lost there two wemon managers
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management, clientele
Poor management. Seems like management is just trying to keep the store open another day.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2019
Poor communication with staff. Management has a "Because I said so" mentality. Coworkers constantly calling in sick, causing others to have to work longer hours. They don't care about your home-life, and expect you to make family #2 priority, and job #1. I frequently found out I would have to close, after getting to work. This would add several hours to a shift. Wouldn't be an issue if I knew going in and had time to make arrangements/plans in advance. Managers had no problem yelling at staff about small things, in front of other staff.
Often suggestions or comments made by staff to management met with anger. Good people were constantly given bad or fewer shifts because they were disliked. If someone does something wrong, they are treated poorly, without retraining. They are often treated just poorly enough in the hopes they will quit, instead of fixing problems to make a better more efficient atmosphere.
As with most corporate/chain restaurants, if you are a "favorite" you can get away with murder. If you aren't they will treat you like a dog in the hopes that you will quit on your own.
In my case I broke/crushed a finger outside of work. I needed more time off work than my doctors note originally said, and was given the runaround when I tried to come back. I even tried to find out if I needed to go back to the Doctor to get a new one, but the GM would not respond to me, and I decided to move on. Now after 7 months, they have not contacted me, even after the GM said he would call me with the info I needed, and I am still on their employee list, and get notifications about
  more... shifts others are trying to get covered.
After 20 years in food service, I can honestly say this particular restaurant is the most unprofessional I have worked for.
Pros
If you want to work, They will give you lots of hours.
Cons
They will take advantage of you. They don't want to hear your questions/concerns.
Fast Pace and fun place to work.
Service Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJune 25, 2019
Fun place to work. Really enjoy the staff. Upper management could be more supportive. Service and food quality meets the standards. All the special discounts offer affected the retention of staff.
Locations depends on job satisfaction
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAJune 25, 2019
overall, not the worst or best serving job but was close to other staff members. There’s always shifts to pick up and money to be made but need to have a positive attitude and let things roll off your back to survive. Some nights this side work compared to the little cash you would make seemed unfair.
Pros
Fun coworkers, hard work SOMETIMES recognized, lots of hours and all cash
Cons
Long hours on your feet, understaffed kitchen, some awful customers
Demand not congruent with salary
Manager (Former Employee) –  Port St lucieJune 24, 2019
Did not promote, follow what was promised. Changed job duties without notice. Demand for this companies service has diminished drastically. It has not stayed competitive.
It's ok
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 24, 2019
Only getting $2.13/hr is ridiculous. The place doesn't get much business sometimes so when you're there for hours not getting tipped good enough it sucks. Standing around for hours just to go home with about $20
t.g.i fridays gives a lot of attention to its clients and is a very united team
Coocks (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 24, 2019
t.g.i fridays is a place with people trained to serve the staff and have good employees their cleaning is always monitored by a supervisor and everything is order
Not a good place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJune 23, 2019
This location has a horrible review. To many servers are on the floor which causes everyone to receive less money. The kitchen messes up a lot and the kitchen manager worries about unnecessary things rather than the food.
Declined rapidity after gold coast
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 21, 2019
Lack of direction of parent company, identity crisis. Upper mgmt (vp,do) extremely fragmented and political. Profit before people especially in boh personnel fueled perpetual staffing issues. Management personnel expected to work line and prep functions in order to achieve unreasonable budgets. Very poor bonus structure.
Organized and friendly team members/ management
Bartender/Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2019
I had bartender experience before working with TGIFridays but not a lot of experience in full service restaurants. I learned a lot in a short amount of time during the bar training and was extremely impressed with the bar etiquette and with the organized expectations. When I entered management training it was exciting and new, I again learned quickly in a short amount of time. After training was finished I had the confidence to manage and operate every shift effectively. The pride in working with the company grew tremendously through out my employment with this restaurant.
Pros
Free lunch for management 1/2 off for team members great benefits package
It was an great experience to work with TGIF the staff and management was amazingly
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2019
Excellent .. Great staff amazing management good opportunity to learn how the restaurant business works inside and out .. It’s also it’s a great establishment to gain work experience as an chief or an bartender or maybe an host/hostess .. BUT working for TGIF would be an amazing job
Fun!
Server (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJune 20, 2019
Your pay is based off your service! Managers were very understanding, fun environment. Easy to “move up” if you’re a good worker. Easy to communicate effectively.
It was a good experience it was a very fun and welcoming environment
Host (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJ 08854June 20, 2019
It was a good experience it was a very fun and welcoming environment . On Thursday they had karaoke And on Friday they would have a dj . I would do the takeout orders for the lunch shift or evening shift that depends on the day I was working but it was an over all a good experience
Fun workplace. Very high paced.
Shift Leader/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2019
High volume, full service restaurant. Full bar, exciting unique drinks...and trademarked signature recipes! Great benefits and grrat standards on both guest service and food as well.
Pros
Comp cards for meals that improve based on seniority.
Cons
Late hours.
Amazing place to work and thrive!
Market Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 19, 2019
The training and development programs are outstanding! The company truly cares about the team, and growing not only the business but each person interested as individuals.
Good place to work and make money
Server (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJune 19, 2019
Provided a work schedule well in advance.. Allowed a fair work environment that would listen to the employee when they felt something was unfair. Would recommend.
Not a very professional workplace like they made it seem.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  2502 east springs driveJune 18, 2019
I didn’t make a lot of money there like the rest of the employees. I wasn’t trained properly and the mistakes in the kitchen were affecting my income. Probably the worst work experience ever. Children were throwing food and water on each other in the back of the kitchen. It was just a mess. Short staffed people walking out
Pros
Good discounts.
Cons
Cross contamination, cooks didn’t use gloves, no rules I forced which lead to angry customers
Energetic and ever changing
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 18, 2019
If was a fun and quite a learning experience....I started as a server then became a coach then head trainer then bartender.. glad to have worked there for so long and learned so much
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Chaotic management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.G.I Fridays. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.4K
31.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at T.G.I Fridays.

Powered by Comparably