T.G.I Fridays Employee Reviews

Found 4,132 reviews matching the search See all 4,733 reviews
Fast-paced restaurant
Server/Busser (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJune 11, 2019
Set up the restaurant for dinner service, stock stations, and wait for guests to arrive. Throughout the shift, you must stock stations and deliver food and drinks to ensure smoothness of the restaurant. Culture was good, I had plenty of friends, and management was good. I learned how to be organized and to not take things to heart sometimes. Hardest part of the job was making sure that disappointed guests left feeling like they had their questions answered, regardless of the scenario. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with many friends that I made during my time there.
Pros
Good money, great friendships
Cons
Dependent on guests for my wage
Alright Workplace
HOST/WAITER (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 11, 2019
Working for TGI Fridays was an interesting experience because the co-workers that I worked with made the job itself fun. Being a host, you are the first encounter that the customer receives so it has to be memorable.
Hard place to make a living
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 11, 2019
I used to love this job but over the years it has become more difficult to make ends meet job advancement is a joke and getting proper raises is like puling teeth.
Pros
People are great and the job is easy
Cons
Low pay, no where near enough hours to go around.Job advancement is a joke
needs management work
Busser (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJJune 10, 2019
The workload should not have been much but the management team required more than expected for the pay. I was a great worker but at times felt taken advantage of.
Just no
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 9, 2019
I didn’t even work here long, a lot of people were getting fired and quitting the week I got hired. The training was awful, they should me what to do as a hostess then I was the hostess that day, but I had to do training modules too or I couldn’t get tips. So I’m working and not earning tips and getting yelled at by waiteresses. I was suppose to be doing my modules as I’m being the hostess?! I have never been anywhere where they expect you to do the computer training while you do your floor training.
The manager was disgustingly rude, the kitchen staff was rude and loud, the waitresses...were sothing else I swear.
The location was one I never been too and never want to go to again. Everything is so shabby and dirty. Dirty tables, dirty floors, dirty bathrooms. I personally judge restaurants by their bathroom and just no with this place.
They didn’t even expect me to come back after the first day because it’s “so stressful” that a lot of girls don’t come back. And it’s honestly the insanely poor management not giving a hoot or properly training people. Someone told me the girl that was training a day or two before me cried and never came back from the “stress”, but I highly think it was because of the coworkers.
Wait staff and kitchen staff kept going outside to openly smoke weed and do a even worse job then before when they desire to wonder back in.
The one good thing about my first day there was I got a free lunch...that was awful! Over cooked and burnt. I was hesitant to even eat it because I didn’t know if the rest of the staff did anything to it.
I’ve definitely been
  more... to nicer TGIF’s, but the one that hired me should just close and start from scratch.  less
Pros
Cons
Poor management, bad attitude from staff, dirty, no pride in there work
Fast paced but enjoyable work. Team work is a must.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAJune 9, 2019
The typical day at work was prepping the food for the day. cooking/packaging and dating everything until the first order pops up. Worked all stations which was 4. Usually you had one person for two stations until the lunch and dinner rush. Communication and team work along with a positive attitude is a must. I enjoyed the people and work as long as the awesome managers the really took the time to make sure you were ready for the day. Thanks guys!
Fast paced, stressful place to work
Server Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2019
Do not work there. The guests and the workers tend to be very stressful. It seems nice in the begining, then like clockwork the stress of the guests and workers kick in.
Pros
Free meals for managers
Cons
no breaks unless on a double.
fun work place
Server/Trainer/Bartender (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJJune 6, 2019
great company for a beginner server. fast paced, simple menu. team usually works well together but management needs improvement in organization and cleanliness at times.
Pros
good company
Cons
management needs improving
It's always Friday!
Server (Former Employee) –  Tumon, GUJune 5, 2019
Before I started working at TGI, a friend who was already working there told me that "if you can work at Friday's, you can work at any restaurant" and he was right. The work is there and it gets overwhelming at times, but if you can stick it out.. you'll be alright.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
management needs work
Great place
Bartender and Manager, Front of house manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 4, 2019
I loved this place the moment I walked in. I met great people along the way. Management was awesome we had pranks and safe good humor fun along the way to build morale
Pros
Great friends
fun
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJune 3, 2019
great environment and very supportive. easy access and friendly staff. very flexible and provide amazing tools to work and sometimes food. not competitive
I felt like I was in highschool
Kitchen Manager, And Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 2, 2019
There was a click among the managers, the front of the house managers rarely worked the kitchen, there was alot of cussing and complaining from the kitchen. The servers were rude to the cooks, the front of house managers would scream at the kitchen it was very toxic
Pros
Seeing new people everyday from the airport
Cons
Needs better management
Typical Corporate
SERVICE/HOST MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 1, 2019
It was about 8 years ago that I worked here. I am sure a lot has changed. I did not enjoy it at all, my GM would curse at me and the staff for not getting things done while he sat in the office the entire shift. As I said, that was 8 years ago, I am sure things have changed.
Decent place to work.
Host (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJune 1, 2019
People were okay. Customers could be rough around the edges. Management was middle of the road. Place has potential for a great working area, just wasn't there yet while I was working there.
Poor management
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDJune 1, 2019
It takes forever to advance to work in a section where you actually make any money at all. The GM is such a push over and let’s some of the servers that have been there longer do whatever they want and they aren’t held to any sort of standard or required to follow the rules put in place to help make the company run smoother. One manager freaks out under stressful situations and hides in his office or just watched tv when we are busy. They staff way too many servers so you don’t make hardly any money. It’s like they are afraid to just run light on servers and work hard.
Cons
Disrespectful coworkers, management is push over
Good Management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILMay 31, 2019
Good management but poor colleagues. Paid training. Fast paced and welcoming managers. Very clean and organized. Family friendly and very fast paced environment.
Pros
50% off food, paid training
Cons
Mean coworkers
Poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Township of Hamilton, NJMay 31, 2019
Managers neglect to treat workers fairly furthermore staff is unprofessional and training new employees is unfeasible. Fridays has been low since the managers have changed. Hiring new staff and parting with the current main staff will be extremely beneficial. Hiring more enthusiasts to ensure to promote the quality of the company is strategically designed to ensure a mass improvement. The managers as a whole neglect to communicate then trickles down on the staff. Servers only demanding the customers have a stupendous experience is nonviable. Staff is treated unfairly by managers, decisions based on favortism over professionalism is undeniable. Changes need to be made before their sales continue to grow in the wrong direction. What I have learned over the years is to go above the managers and straight to HR. My complaints have been answered by the corporation of the company instead of management working there. Be assure the company you are applying for is essential for you.
Pretty Fun
5th Avenue - Hostess (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2019
Although I wasn't there long it was fun management had a great handle on the location, and I would do it again. The management was very on top of things and the kitchen and servers were quick and dedicated.
Pros
Flexible hours, discounts or free food, fast pace but fun environment
Cons
can't properly list I wasn't there long enough
Bad Mangers
Cook (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLMay 31, 2019
Worked at TGI Fridays in 3 locations and the ones in Royal Palm Beach and Vero Beach had bad managers and would make one cook do all of the work prepping food and cooking food and the other 7 would slack off.
Pros
free food
Cons
bad mangers, little pay, lots of work
productive workplace
Manager, Action Check Cashing (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 30, 2019
great coworkers
great management
flexible schedule
time off available if needed for family situations or health situations.
great pay
benefits available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.G.I Fridays. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.4K
31.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at T.G.I Fridays.

Powered by Comparably