T.J. Maxx Employee Reviews

Found 5,772 reviews matching the search See all 5,787 reviews
A well known company for great deals on great brands.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, TNFebruary 18, 2019
A very good company, well managed, and very flexible schedule . Also has great deals a well managed company . Always helping the community out. Lots of fundraisers and charities
Pros
Company supplies food
Cons
Break times
Fun place to work with some problems with cowrkers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDFebruary 17, 2019
Overall I like working there. There have been a few problems with coworkers and management but other than those times I have worked for the company for 3 years and generally enjoyed it.
Pros
Lunch sometimes provided, good pay
Cons
Few advancement opportunities
Comfortable working place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 17, 2019
Lovely and flexible working hours. Provide customers with a positive and happy shopping. Had a happy moments in there and workers were all sweet and nice.
Pros
Flexible atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and Friendly environment
Recovery Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAFebruary 17, 2019
Friendly environment. Plenty of work to do and never a dull moment. Nothing to difficult to learn on the job. Constantly assist customers on the sales floor.
Generally a good work environment
Cash office/HR (Current Employee) –  Nags Head, NCFebruary 16, 2019
Easy going relaxed place lack of hours and salary draw back,up to date equipment and technically,, training okay, test provide, they give meetings every morning to give up to date information on what's going on. They give certification on and after training per job base on job title.
Pros
Good environment an manager
Cons
Lack of pay an hour s
stressful environment at times
Facilities Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 16, 2019
This location was alright overall, but the emphasis put on opening credit cards was always stressful. The managers were constantly asking customers if they wanted to open a credit card, despite them saying no the first time, and it became very stressful. However, it was always fun talking to the customers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
stressful at times
It Was Great When It All Began
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hadley, MAFebruary 16, 2019
When I started working for TJ Maxx in 2008, it was a chance to get my foot in the door. I was ready to work any hours needed.

I started out in the dressing room, then advanced to markdowns & processing in the backroom.

Sometimes management would forget that I requested time off and call me into work. This upset me, as I felt I was being taken advantage of as a "go-to girl" when other associates call out.

My job commute was at least 30 minutes, so last March, I was a bit caught off guard when asked to report to work on very short notice. The manager who called me wouldn't take no for an answer, and refused to let me explain that I didn't want to rush. I almost got into an accident rushing out and punched in late.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
commute, not enough hours
A nice place to work
Homes Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYFebruary 16, 2019
The staff is friendly and help out each other whenever necessary. It can be hectic during the seasonal time but we do the best we can to get through those times.
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
30 minutes
It's ok
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Olney, MDFebruary 16, 2019
It was a normal part-time job, but since I worked during Holidays it was extremely busy and they asked you to do a million things at the same time. The good thing is that most of the staff, including managers, were very friendly, making it easier to work there.
very fast paced
Associate (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 15, 2019
It is a good place to work, everyone is so friendly. Customers are really bad to open products and leave items all over the store --Overall the customers are very nice.
Pros
breaks
Cons
hours
Great Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 14, 2019
Best company I ever worked for. I feel like its family. I love the open culture and focus on work / life balance. I can honestly say its the best company I have ever worked for.
Easy, fun and very great people to work with
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMFebruary 14, 2019
Typical work day, on weekends and holidays were very busy. Very great work experience. Co-workers very great about communicating with others. Hardest part of the job, nothing. Loved every part of the day
Pros
Free time to take an important call or break
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and non-stressful evironment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 14, 2019
My typical workday included me greeting guest, helping them find purchases and handling customer service while helping customer with cash transactions.
Pros
Locatoions
Cons
Needed to better my cashiering skills.
Poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sawgrass, FLFebruary 14, 2019
TJ Maxx has the worst managers in History of Me being there. I got stuff thrown at me, I've been yelled at for helping stressed out overworked associates. Everytime I get my work done they think I'm showing off no I'm not . My department is usually slow so yes most of the time I could finish 2 whole departments if one is very messy. There's to much culture discrimination going on it's disgusting in Sawgrass, Fl mall. The tension is so thick I could throw a knife in a wood it would stay. This think about being number 1 this and that is so fraud. Like their attitudes are nasty and I wonder how in the world do u sleep at night seeing numerous of people quit last year within 6months. I mean literally just getting the job already wanting to quit like what? Especially people who are full time I feel bad. Like I never seen this ever, ever, ever in my entire life. Oh yeah talk to fun people managers that clearly show favorite. I know a hand full of people who do bad never get fired. I see people who are not perfect try their best they either quit or get fired. Within 3-6months just getting the job it's so crazy to me. A few do what they want never get yelled at.
Interesting
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 14, 2019
i enjoyed working her though at time it would be a bit stressful because of all the activity with customers. here i learned my one on one interactions and learned to leave my comfort zone.
Best company ever!!
Customer Service/Retail (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 13, 2019
I really enjoyed working for this company. They respect all employees, the incentives are awesome holidays at TJMAXX are like being home with your family. I love you TJMAXX!!
Pros
They care about you!
Cons
If you are part-time, you get no more than 25 hours
Meeting new people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCFebruary 13, 2019
I loved Tj Maxx because I met new people. But at some point they switched managers and they weren't as nice as the one who hired me. They came in and cut hours tremendously! Overall I loved working there
Varying environment but perfect part-time or temporary job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAFebruary 13, 2019
I worked this job originally solely for extra income but ended up enjoying and learning from the experience. There were high and low points depending on the customers and how busy we were.
Good for college student who are in school
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJFebruary 12, 2019
I got laid or (fired) because of not enough of hours and they say they always have an open door policy to air any concerns about the store or employees, when I first started for the holidays and weekends I would get big checks but then as the years went by my hrs and pay decrease and then eventually let go of
Pros
Free food when you work really hard coffee and bags for breakfast and for lunch pizza and soda
Cons
Decrease in hrs and pay
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GA 30041February 12, 2019
I liked this place very much. Ive met so many great friends. Everyone was very nice and hardworking. The managers are very nice and they give you a chance with the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.J. Maxx. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K
41.8K
31.4K

Women's ratings

2.8Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss