T.J. Maxx Employee Reviews

Found 4,818 reviews matching the search See all 4,829 reviews
Great customer service
Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJuly 18, 2018
This company cares about the customers. Very happy and friendly atmosphere for shoppers in all the stores.
Daily meetings are held for over all store communication.
Pros
Great store for customers to shop in.
Cons
I have no cons to write on with Tjmaxx.
Priductive place
Front end associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Puttstown, PAJuly 18, 2018
It’s a good place to start your career as a fornt end associates. Very good working environment with all helpful associates. No discrimination in associates behaviour.
Cool place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara County, NYJuly 18, 2018
TJ Maxx was an “ok” place to work. Not challenging and also not boring. This is not really a place to work if you want to “shine” and excel..... they do t really care about that.
Pros
Mediocre atmosphere.
Cons
Mediocre atmosphere.
Stressful and Low pay
Associate (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAJuly 18, 2018
A typical day at work is stressful. They put so much pressure on the fitting room associates, we don't have a limit and the customers are getting frustrated with how the process of reviewing tickets are. I learned everything except for the role of a cashier. The one manager doesn't' care about the backroom staff even though they are the brunt of their workforce. We are understaffed and the hours are low for what we are getting paid for.
Ok place to work.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2018
I loved what type of work I had to do at Tj Maxx, but did not like the atmosphere. Everyone was very rude and instead of helping and teaching they belittled you.
I love working here
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJuly 17, 2018
I feel Tjmaxx is one of my favorite places to work and has opportunities for people who are looking to move around or learn about great customer service.
FUN place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 17, 2018
It is a wonderful place to work. great environment to be around. Has never been disappointing. always have friends when you are in need. Always interacting with another
Productive and fun workplace
STORE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJuly 17, 2018
This is a company that cares about people (and not just the customers). Everyone respects one another and the workers are go getters! Management is also excellent.
Pros
Healthy work environment, coworkers who are willing to help
Cons
Low pay (at least for part time)
it was ok
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 17, 2018
The dietary aide works along with the dietary manager to prepare meals. She also assists in clean up, kitchen maintenance and setting up and taking down the dining areas. Other job duties include delivering food to residents' rooms, preparing and serving snacks and taking inventory of food and kitchen supplies
why not to work there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJuly 17, 2018
I have worked there twice and they never had enough people working at the right time and they refuse to call people in because they hire so many people they don't have hours to give. They will hire new people that will quit within months of being hired and refuse to advance the employees who have been there a long time. They say they hire veterans but I was the only one they had in over 6yrs and it was because I am also receiving disability benefits so they got 3 tax writeoffs for hiring me
Great job
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2018
The job care about what u think they ask how u feel your job that ur doing and give opportunity to grow and make more money they give you pay day off and whole lot breat benefits car insurance
Pros
Yes they feed lunch all the time
Cons
we had 45min break
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time there but with being a new store still had some kinks that needed to be worked out. Management not always on same page but all in all good
productive work space, quick paced but laid back.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJuly 17, 2018
There are many departments at TJ Maxx; layaway, sales floor, fitting room, jewelry, and register. each are fairly easy to learn however, if you can not handle a fast paced work environment this will not be good for you.
Pros
seldom lunches provided, associate motivation gifts, very flexible! very understanding.
Cons
short lunches (45 mins)
Very fun and outgoing environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 17, 2018
It was a very fun and outgoing environment, and a well origanized. the company takes care of it's employees unfortunately there is not much room to grow so i left to find better opportunities.
Pros
Paid weekly, flexible hours, Good managment
Cons
No room to grow
a chill place to work depending on location
Stock room (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJuly 16, 2018
nice place to work,and decent pay. start off with minimum wage but quarterly raises/reviews that are fair. firmly believe in open door policy and breaks. only bad thing is the hours.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
customers are kinda rude, and not enough hours
TJ Maxx
Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJuly 15, 2018
A typical work day at Tj Maxx was helping customers strictly with jewelry sales, handbag sales, wallet sales, and hat and glove sales over the winter time. The hardest part of my job was not really understanding the basics of jewelry. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with customers and accomplishing tasks with my co-workers.
Retail associate (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJuly 15, 2018
I worked here for two and a half years. I loved most of it. I made good friends, most of the management and i got along, they are able to work with an employee for any reason. Was upset when I left, but relieved for a change. I went from part-time to full time jewelry associate.
Great people
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Littleton, NHJuly 14, 2018
It’s a good place to work, but not full time. I work there currently and just tried to get more hours but they just spread them out and I get the same amount of hours. I will say thought the people that I work with are very kind and it’s easy to work with them.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Struggle for hours
Company Is changing
Assistant Store Manager - Operations (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 14, 2018
TJ MAXX used to be the most associate friendly retailer out there. They are now going the way of other retailers and expecting more but paying less, as in they do not give enough hours for all the things they think should be accomplished. They have decided to up inventory by 40% each of the last two years but made zero increase to hours needed for processing inventory nor have they expanded their already cramped buildings.
okay for first job
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 14, 2018
Its a great first job, that is all I really have to say about that. Boss was cool but never seemed to be at work and the pay wasn't that great. My third Key manager was awesome if it wasn't for her I probably wouldn't of worked here.
Pros
Third Key Manager
Cons
Pay, environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.J. Maxx. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.5K
31.2K

Diversity score

70out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at T.J. Maxx.

Powered by Comparably