T.RAD North America, Inc. Employee Reviews

TRAD NorthAmerica
Water Spider, Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 19, 2019
I love trad and everything they do as a company. They have great benefits as well as 401K, they care about their employees as well as their clients. We put out more good parts then bad parts ever. If I could say anything about this company it would be it is an amazing place to work and I would like to go back to Trad if ever giving the chance again.
Very productive and gives you plenty of hours
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYApril 8, 2019
I miss this job alot, had it not been for my accident I would be there now. If you're trying to make enough money to take care of yourself and family, this is the place to do it.
Worked people too many hours
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMarch 4, 2019
The pay was great but the atmosphere was not that great. You did not feel appreciated at the end of the day or no matter how hard you worked. No matter how hard you worked it was never enough.
Productive and competitive work environment
ASSEMBLY LINE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Lexus Line at Hopkinsville, KYNovember 30, 2018
I loved working at T.RAD North America but the massive hours and lack of sleep made it hard to continue working there. The hour to and from my home was an hour each and after working a 12 hour shift everyday was too much for me to bare.
Pros
Lunch kiosk, large community
Cons
Large line quotas
Fast workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYNovember 13, 2018
Good job. Worked a lot of hours. It is fast paced and if you can handle a lot of standing then that's the job for you. I liked my job and most of the people I worked with.
Decent
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, KYNovember 13, 2018
It's a decent atmosphere. They're fast paced and hard working lines. Light to heavy lifting of some parts is the hardest part, overall it teaches a lot about good work ethics
Pros
Good people, and the work keeps you busy, very decent start off pay
Cons
Long hours and slight mandatory 7 days a week
Productive, fast paced, and fun place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYNovember 8, 2018
Everyday at work I was able to learn from supervisors and employees. We built multiple parts so first thing in the morning I had to inform employees on what we had to work on. I helped workers solve problems and fix certain tools they needed in order to do their job. My supervisor was always able to help me when I needed him to. The hardest part of the job was keeping employees from getting frustrated with one another. The best part of my job was that I had the opportunity to learn multiple jobs on my line which was the reason I was promoted to team leader.
Pros
Bonus every 6 months, free meals, Christmas parties
Cons
Too much overtime
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYNovember 1, 2018
Job was fun and i enjoyed working with the people on my line. The pay was good only downside was having to work every weekend. But if the machines mess up you get behind and have to work to get caught up.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Alot of hours
Productive and Empowering
Mig Weld Booth Operator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYSeptember 7, 2018
I loved my Job. Summer time is crunch time due to the new cars come out at that time. Mon-Fri 12hrs a day 10 on Saturday and 8 on Sunday. Everyone worked collaboratively and the Supervisors did everything they possibly could to help you succeed. The insurance was free as long as you scored a 70 or less on your physical. They also had supplemental issuance and gave a 2% cost of living raise every year.
Pros
Free Insurance
Cons
Long Summer Days
Short staffed and stressful. Lots of hours
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYAugust 25, 2018
I was often doing multiple jobs at once, slowing down our production pace. In our company meetings our production line was called out more than once for not meeting or having low numbers, even while knowing our circumstances. In the area that I worked in we never had a day off and I was employed there for nearly 3 months. The other employees felt that we would never get a day off so the atmosphere was depressing. That was a long time ago so things may have changed but that was my experience while I was employed there.
Long hours, most of the time productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJuly 29, 2018
It's a good place to work. Especially with the benefits and pay that u get. But as far as leadership and informing employees about inventory, that was done poorly.
Pros
Benefits, Insurance, Paid time off.
Cons
Leadership, Informing employees about inventory
fun place to work great staff to be around
MIG & TIG Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJuly 28, 2018
Its a quick paced work environment friendly staff hr is always there to help the pay and raises are awesome they hold Christmas parties they give free popciclea all summer they understand it hot
Pros
3 brakes and 30 min lunch
Cons
ling houra
It’s all about your attitude!
Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJuly 27, 2018
Been there for years. Here’s what I’ve learned. It’s all about your attitude. You can grumble and be miserable and always be stuck what you’re doing or you can be positive, put a little effort into and act like you care and you’ll find yourself getting raises or promotions or at least buddying up with the right people that can help you in the future.
Pros
Lots
Cons
Inventory
Production is fast pace and up beat
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJuly 22, 2018
Try to stay hydrated and motivated. The management is great and they work with you in your times of need. The pay rate is good with insurance included.
Enjoyable working environment
Assembly Line Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJuly 10, 2018
Trad North America is a fast paced Auto industry car parts manufacture. It is a hot working environment, it is very fast paced but also very enjoyable.
Full Family Benefits for all Employees
PM (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJune 5, 2018
TRAD is a good place to work- lots of opportunities to get in the door and they offer full family benefits to all employees- not many companies do that anymore. Also a 401k Match and gym reimbursement.
Pros
Family medical
Cons
High turnover
Not right
Clincher (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMay 17, 2018
This place is not where I would tell anyone to work. Their management is not what it should be. And they never promote the right people only people that don’t deserve.
Pros
Health care
productive team oriented facility
Certified Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJanuary 16, 2018
a typical day at work consisted of 10 to 12 hours I learned how to work as a team The management could've been better but overall I learned a lot about production and logistics
awesome work place
Water Spider (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJanuary 10, 2018
my most favorite job ever. People were all great treated me very nicely. They try to put you in a spot where you enjoy working. Very fast paced environment to work in, I don't recommend if your lazy or slow at factory work.
Pros
paycheck, insurance, retirement friends
Cons
short breaks, no time off we was working 7days 12 hours
my day at work and opinions of work place
2nd shift as a leak tester (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYDecember 29, 2017
My typical day at work started everyday @ 4:30 am. I'd come in start all 4 Honda lines, getting every machine up and running that way when the actual shift started which was at 5 am all employees could just come in and start working right away. Next I'd stock all the lines making sure they had enough parts to run for at least an hour without having to leave their machines. Once everything was stocked completely I'd just make sure everyone had everything they needed throughout the whole shift. I also ran every machine when needed to in order for other employees to take restroom breaks. I took lunch when they came back from lunch so they did not have to do any spec checks before restarting leak testers again after lunch.. I'd help on the oven if the oven operator got backed up. I'd load and unload oven. And before shifts were over I made sure all 4 lines were restocked that way our second shift would come in and not have to restock lines before they started running night shift. I was also the person who ran machines anytime an employee was out sick or on vacation.
I learned how to make valuable time outta my day at work that way I wasn't running around looking like a chicken with its head cut off. I also learned that people take things for granted and they are not always their to help you even when you ask. Hardest part of my job was they didn't understand that even I get sick every now and again. The most enjoyable part of my job was I was constantly busy and I loved it. I was always busy unless a main machine went down but even then, they knew I didn't wanna go home early so
  more... they would find a department that needed help and would let me go there to work. It was never a problem because every supervisor there knew I'd work and that i was a hard worker.
I do believe that management could be a lot better. They need more training on how to speak to people and how to run lines that they are in charge of. Need to be more stern on the slackers. Rather than befriending employees that goof off. There is a big difference to me as for as being a supervisor and/or group leader versus being just a production worker. I feel they needed to be made aware of that and I felt they were more concerned about people pleasing instead of leading by example.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
poor supervisors and group leader

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.RAD North America, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

T.RAD North America, Inc. Reviews by Location