T.Y. Lin International Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent Company
Senior Planner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2018
T.Y. Lin is an excellent company with a long history of high-profile transportation projects. The projects are variable in size and complexity, and the Chicago office has a good team-based culture.
Working there sucks.
Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85281January 24, 2018
Worst place I ever worked. No employee consideration at all. Everything is about the money. They expect over 50 hours a week with no thought of you having a personal life. I was actually openly referred to as “ A Slave” publicly more then once.
A great team
SENIOR CADD TECHICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 24, 2017
A typical day I would come in an hour early and turn on the computer systems the lights etc. At which point I would check the schedule in order to determine which jobs needed to be done and in what order. When people came in I would review what needed to be done that day, then we would get to it.
Pros
easy work environment
Cons
high turn over in engineers
Productive and fun place to work
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2017
Very professional company with good integrity and ethics.
Management does not give orders they give directions.
Very good benefits. HR is always there to answer your questions.
Demanding but productive
Project/Document Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 18, 2017
TYLI was a great company to work for when it initially started in San Diego as the staff was small and there was a huge opportunity for growth. Over the years, the office expanded significantly in the San Diego office and also in Orange County, Riverside and Los Angeles. The San Diego office served as the satellite office for these areas so it became even more demanding as the support staff (Accounting, Marketing, Admin) seem to always be understaffed. At this point it was hard to have a work life balance as with hard deadlines and not enough support. It was very top heavy with many managers and project managers but the support staff remained the same. On a more positive note, TYLI offers great benefits and there were many office events such as holiday parties, happy hours, picnics, etc.
The worst place.
Bridge Engineer (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 21, 2017
Bad manners president. The company is falling because of bad agreements with Central and South America. No matter how you do your job, if not who you are family.
Incredible, talented engineers developing the most beautiful projects in the world!
Associate/Northwest District Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 17, 2016
Unbelievable talent in creating some of the most beautiful bridges I've ever seen - the majority from highly complex project sites and politically charged situations. Everyone is meticulous about the product delivery. Their President is constantly thinking about better ways to serve their clients and projects; he writes his ideas into a journal he carries with him at all times...an amazing fellow. Employees are welcoming and very friendly!
Still here
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2016
As part of our Corporate Finance team and reporting to the Project Accounting Manager, the Project Accountant oversees all aspects of specific projects and interfaces closely with Unit Managers, Project Managers and other Finance staff to manage Project Accounting, Project Maintenance, Project Revenue, Expense Analysis and Research, Invoicing, Accounts Receivable, Company-wide financial reporting and Special Project assignments.
Diverse opportunities
Architect (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2016
I've been with a few large companies. All have their strengths and weakness. Leadership in Atlanta is someone you can trust. Work is demanding but pay and benefits are good. There is a diverse group of people so not sure what the other review is. Overall I like the place.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Fast Pace. Sometimes good though
Overall Rating 4 Stars
Project Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLNovember 19, 2014
Working in a high pace environment with lots of deadline and schedules.
Pros
learnt alot
Cons
too far a drive from my home
easy place to work
Survey Field Technician (Former Employee) –  hackettstown njJanuary 21, 2014
good nucleus of smart people starting with senior project manager on down.everyone working together no matter what the project
Pros
leica gps and total stations/topcon also
Cons
alot of driving in busy nj nyc area
Efficient and well organized
Structural Engineer/Inspector (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 16, 2013
My day start with a long drive to my workplace which was a Metropolitant area with heavy traffic and lot of construction activities going on site. It was SOE structure (slurry wall) used for tunneling operation for building a underground subway line. I liked working as structural field inspector monitoring all the construction and traffic activities with my other team members who were tunnel engineers and seismic experts. I was part of a senior design team. The toughest part of the job which I had to accomplish was to check the seepage 90 feet below ground inside the main station (tunnel shaft)
Pros
flexible lunch breaks
Cons
odd working shift-swing shift
Top heavy managment. Poor leadership.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLApril 11, 2013
Lacks organization. Engineering diciplines do not coordinate with each other as often as they should.
The worst work experience every single day
Project Architect (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2012
Terrible place to work RACIST workplace, co-workers try to get you fire due to there work habits. Co-workers are lazy not helpful, and lie about you
Cons
sucks everyday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at T.Y. Lin International. Our community is ready to answer.