TEKsystems Employee Reviews

Found 2,623 reviews matching the search See all 2,776 reviews
it's a staffing company in the tech industry
Middleware Analyst (Nationwide) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2018
it's a staffing company in the tech industry, what more is there to say. they'll help you find a job but only if they benefit and skim off the top first, but they know a lot of people, good way to get a foot in the door.
Pros
access
Cons
expensive healthcare benefits
Time working at TEKsystems was very challenging and rewarding.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Paragould, AROctober 14, 2018
The position was a challenging position I enjoyed my time working at TEKsystems this position helped fine tune my field engineering skills. The company’s mission was fulfilling the companies (TEKsystems) client field service needs.
fun place to work
Contract Senior Project Manager, PMO (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 14, 2018
Blue Cross Blue Shield Tennessee

great place to work
fun environment
awesome facility spread throughout 5 buildings
over 5000 employees at the Chattanooga site
Pros
professional environment; 5 cafeterias located onsite
Cons
Tough to convert from contractor to FTE role
Contract job
Voice Architect/Voice Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 14, 2018
Job was as described, and all were very professional. All questions I had were handled quickly. Management was involved throughout the whole length of the contract.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Some short contract work
Staffing
Senior IT Project Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Tennessee/Kentucky/WisconsinOctober 14, 2018
I've worked on and off through TEKSystems since 2000 and I've enjoyed working with their teams. I've worked for other staffing organizations and have not received the same support. The TEKSystem recruiter and Account Manager take me out to lunch each month to find out how I'm doing and if I need anything. They have a mixer a couple of times a year so we can meet the other contractors in the area and learn about the opportunities in the other companies TEKSystems supports in the area.

When my contract with a company is coming to an end, TEKSystems is busy to find me my next contract. I have an RV that I stay in when working at a customer's site so I'm not limited to a single job market. TEKSystems reaches out to my supervisors to get references so that work is done and shared with other offices so I don't need to worry about that.

I always look for challenging positions and TEKSystems has never let me down. As a contractor, it is important to remember you work for TEKSystems and not the company where you are placed. I keep my eyes and ears open for new opportunities and pass that information on to my Account Manager which they really appreciate.
Pros
New challenging oppotunities and the support I need to succeed.
Staffing Company
SOC Analyst (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCOctober 13, 2018
TEK is a staffing company. The benefits are bad - just enough to be legal I'm guessing. I had to buy an insurance policy to cover the expenses not paid for by the medical insurance that I got thru TEK - which were numerous. No match on the 401k.
The salary is very good. It is just a means to an end.
Cons
no benefits
Competitive & Driven
Director (Former Employee) –  IndianaOctober 11, 2018
If you're lazy or unmotivated to go above and beyond, don't apply here. The culture demands results, allows for mistakes, and takes daily action seriously.
Limitles Oppurtunity
Help Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 10, 2018
TekSystems is a great place to get your feet wet and even better if you have experience. If you'er looking to get into the IT field they have a spot for you. If you're and experienced Network Admin they also have a spot for you.
It's a contract company
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 10, 2018
2nd time I've worked with this company, A very good experience both times. 1st time converted to full time with a company and 2nd time was a 18mo contract. No complaints
The best IT Contractor firm
Network Manager (Former Employee) –  New City, NYOctober 10, 2018
The folks of TekSystems are very professional and kind however they do need to focus on hiring more seasoned recruiters with at least a fundamental knowledge of IT. My assigned recruiters were straight out of college and were wonderful people but lacked the technology knowledge important to getting me placed in my desired role. Instead I was placed in a role I was incredibly overqualified for with the promise to high and my responsibilities would be more aligned. Of course things change and the job functions were not going to change after almost a year of being asked to sit tight... Everyone has to learn some how but not when I was promised one thing and given another.
Pros
Kind people, monthly client lunches
Cons
Lack of technical knowledge to properly place high skilled candidates
Productive place to work
Principal Consultant - Digital Product Owner (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 10, 2018
They are professional in finding the right opportunities. Mostly the recruiters and account managers will reach out very promptly and will focus on atlas three to four opportunities that are suitable to your expertise.
Meh
Wells Fargo Migration Help Desk (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 9, 2018
Remote position in West Des Moines presented as 6-24 months, turned into less than 4 very strange months. At least it was remote work, but I've never felt less necessary to an organization.
Pros
Remote
Cons
Everything else
IT/Network Station Installation Technician
IT/Network Station Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2018
While contracted to TEK Systems uninstalled, moved, and reinstalled workstation hardware and peripherals in different office locations In the Dallas Ft. Worth area.
Pros
Good jobs with good compaies
Cons
Part time and contract work
Opportunist hiring staff
Networking Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 9, 2018
Teksystems is a temporary hiring agency locate around the US. It was with Teksystems that I began troubleshooting. Quickly learning my interest in the craft.
Typical Contract House
Ford Motor Company IT Billing Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIOctober 9, 2018
TEKSystems offers competitive pay, including PTO and medical. As a contract house, staff can be placed at one of their accounts. Management of contract is handled by the Account Manager, but the Recruiter is the touch point for the employee. Regular phone calls and lunches to stay in touch.
Pros
Contract House
Cons
Contract House
Consutling firm that supports its consultants
Manager of IT (Former Employee) –  East York, PAOctober 8, 2018
They made sure the jobs they presented me were good fits and supported me with anything I needed to successfully do my work. The benefits were ok and they allowed me to do my job.
Work was good.
Quality Center ALM Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  I worked from homeOctober 7, 2018
Good place to work and management receptive to ideas. I guess I need to say more because someone set the parameter up. So I worked remotely and was available anytime outside of work for emergencies
PC Deployment Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 6, 2018
Working with TEK systems I was given the opportunity to work with some very intelligent resourceful and self starting personnel.
I was able to assert my knowledge and learn from others.
Some days held more of a work load than others but we managed through team work.
Management proved to be accommodating at willing to work with employees on appointments and scheduling.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
contract work only
Great IT recruiter
Technology Field Support Contractor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 5, 2018
The recruiters I met through this company are very friendly, and will help you get a job. They stay in constant contact to make sure you're being treated fairly.
Pros
Quick callbacks for jobs.
Cons
Not enough pay!
setting a high standard for contact companies
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 5, 2018
TekSystems has really great, knowledgeable recruiters working for them. When I needed a new contract, all I had to do was call them and I was quickly placed in interesting new opportunities.
Pros
Could always reach out to my recruiter
Cons
no cons, really

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEKsystems. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight