TEKsystems Employee Reviews

Found 2,714 reviews matching the search See all 2,872 reviews
Best staffing company to work for
Recruiter (Agency Recruiting/Staffing/Sales) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 5, 2018
TEKsystems really has a strong commitment to helping grow their recruiters and help them achieve success. From day one, I received nothing but support from management and leadership in the office. The training is better than you will find in most staffing companies. The base salary is also higher than market value. The work is challenging, but you have so much autonomy over how you operate They are also a promote form within culture. . I would recommend anyone looking to go in to agency recruiting to work at TEKsystems.
Pros
Great culture, great training, great leadership
Cons
Teksystems really invests in employees
Sr Content Manager for a Major Healthcare Company (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXJuly 25, 2018
This was one of the best places I have worked at. What I really like about Teksystems is there is ongoing training and encouragement from the managers and team leaders. They really invest time in advancing your career. I worked remotely and that was a plus as well. I was promoted a year after I started my job. Typical work day included morning meeting and then work throughout the day on the project. There were also afternoon meetings. We used SCRUM methodology, which as a content person, I was not familiar with but was given the necessary training. The best part of the job was working from home and the flexible work schedule.
Pros
Competitive salary, remote work, good managers
Cons
Little opportunities to meet with staff
TekSystems an overfiew
IT Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PANovember 14, 2018
Working as a contractor with this company has been a very positive experience. They have been able to match jobs with my skill set. The management there is interactive and a works hard to keep everyone up to date on changes that affect their clients. As a result of the assignments I've had, I have learned and applied general Windows 10 and other customized client related applications to my skill set. I've also gained valuable experience working with the clients as a contributing team member. Everyone has a different idea of what constitutes a fast paced operation, the best operations I have been on are those that help you adapt to their environment using motivation and quick learning methods such as short orientation classes for their applications and general procedures.
Pros
Support career development
Cons
Holidays and time off without pay
Tech Systems is a great place for a first job
IT / Networking contractor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 24, 2018
Tek Systems compiles jobs of diverse nature and sends you where ever short term (and sometimes long term) jobs need to be performed. The management handles many jobs at once and the team lead does most of the day to day management. Lots of flexibility and room to grow. A diverse work culture is present.The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting others from various backgrounds.Skills are shared and broadened by repetitive daily grind and seeing how others get the job done. My jobs were on military bases and schools which needed their network to be upgraded. Occasionally a hospital would need their virus software to be upgraded.At other times a virus needed to be cleared from hard drives.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
distant job locations
Decent Recruiting agency
PC WORKSTATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJune 26, 2018
TEKsystems is able to find you work very swiftly but they've got an unusual culture within their business. No two reps are the same in how they talk, approach, negotiate, etc. etc. So if you happen to get a stingy rep that refuses to give you a higher pay, that's probably it. Whereas, sometimes you'll get lucky and find more flexible representatives that are willing to pay you what you're worth.

The company itself is fine and they're pretty good at find places to employ their workers at. The benefits would probably be ok but I don't personally make enough to afford them.

I've learned a lot of I.t. skills working at one of the companies TEKsystems got me a job at. My value is exponentially higher than what I walked in with.

I.t. work varies for what you sign up for. TEKsystems will typically be the company that manages your paychecks and that's about it.
Pros
Good starting point for getting into Information technology
Cons
No raises, 50/50 chance on getting a flexible rep, low starting pay rates
High Energy & Collaborative Environment
Business Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 15, 2018
The company is very fast paced and competitive, but the culture is very fun and collaborative. Managers are very open with their employees and encourage open communication. There are many options for career advancement as well.
Pros
Team outings, free food, good PTO.
Cons
compensation could be higher for the amount of work.
Overall Good
Network Tech (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 5, 2018
*I worked for Teksystems as a contractor at Windstream Communications. Tested and installed communication circuits at customer locations testing with the Local Exchange Carriers and Windstream technicians at the customer location.
*My Teksystems management recruiter was very helpful in my procuring a job as a contractor at Windstream Communications.
*Teksystem culture is excellent.
*I did not experience any hard part of the job.
*Teksystems I enjoyed working with and for.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Excellent Company
Good Out of College Job (Corporate)
Manager of Operations Support (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 30, 2018
It is a good career starter to get your feet wet. They really ease you into the corporate world. After becoming a Senior Business Operations Associate in the West Coast, there really isn't anywhere else to move up. All the jobs are at the Baltimore office and they are not willing to move them to Tempe anytime soon.
Pros
Cons
Compensation, Opportunity
Productive workspace where young individuals can grow together
Project Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 21, 2018
TEKsystems, Inc. corporate office is a great starting job when you're fresh out of college. They help you work on your communication skills, computer skills, etc. Everyone is on a team to allow fun interactions with one another. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. The most frustrating is the lack of investment and delivery on an employee's future. The company's compensation for employees does not reflect on the amount of work done on a day to day basis.
Pros
People are great to interact with
Cons
Compensation and career path structure
Good Folks, Good IT Assignments, But It's A Contractor Hamster-Wheel!
Helpdesk Analyst/Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 27, 2018
Typical Day: Desktop Support and HelpDesk assignments.

What I Learned: How to provide tech support in diverse industries and environments (my favorite was doing IT support in an operating room at a hospital!)

Management: They always worked hard to keep me employed!

Culture: Pretty chill, and everyone's really nice!

Hardest Part of the Job: Not being able to go permanent/FTE with any of the client companies...this company is geared to contract work only.

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: Helping people and meeting new people!
Pros
Lots of different client companies to work for!
Cons
Contract-only work :(
Bad Company To Work For
Systems contractor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 17, 2018
Cheated on salary, immature/incompetent management, and work/life balance is insufficient. So many problems with certain recruiters at TEK Systems (being harassed).
Pros
Job role flexibility
Cons
Pay, schedule, recruiters/management
Culture of "Servant Attitude"
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 2, 2018
The culture is that of false compliments and poor management designed to cover up poor training and leadership skills. The training is more of waiting for mistakes and penalizing instead of actual teaching.
Pros
Weekly pay and good benefits
Cons
No room for growth
Contracted and severely underpaid for the jobs performed
IT CONSULTANT/ANALYST/PROJECT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 30, 2018
The willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty to complete my tasks and those of my other coworkers went unnoticed. Awaiting our next project location, which was guaranteed from Pomeroy as well as a 30 notice of termination, 25 of the 30 workers were let go within a 30 minute window. Highly unprofessional and severely underpaying their staff is apparently how they do business. After finally being noticed for my work, I was promoted to a project management role where I then received a very mild raise to do project management work. A sub $20 an hour salary for project management work is unheard of in the tech field. I finally went to a different contract company and received a much better pay rate for my education level and abilities.
Pros
Poor pay
Typical Contract House
Ford Motor Company IT Billing Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIOctober 9, 2018
TEKSystems offers competitive pay, including PTO and medical. As a contract house, staff can be placed at one of their accounts. Management of contract is handled by the Account Manager, but the Recruiter is the touch point for the employee. Regular phone calls and lunches to stay in touch.
Pros
Contract House
Cons
Contract House
nice company
Low Voltage Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 31, 2018
Management find employee's work. There are occasional calls from the recruiter to see how the assignment is progressing. Tek System loans employee's to company's looking to staff technician positions for large projects. Compensation is fair and given in a timely fashion.
Pros
fair and quick compensation
Cons
down time in between projects
Little actual management
Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 22, 2018
I have a contract position through TEK at a large IT company. While they check in semi regularly, there is no real management or advocacy for you with the client. They seem more concerned about keeping the position filled so they get paid, and not helping you advance your career. There are no benefits--no vacation, subsidized health insurance, retirement contribution--and the pay is below market for the actual work being done.
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
Below market wages, no benefits, no guarantee that you will be employed tomorrow.
Na
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 6, 2018
TEKsystems has an overall great mission. The positions allow you to become hands on with recruiting and business development. The hardest part of the position is work life balance. The most enjoyable part of working at TEKsystems is the feeling that you are daily helping other people find employment and a career they are going to enjoy.
Pleasent
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NEOctober 23, 2018
Tek Systems is not your typical contractor company. They recruiters and management seem to take interest and truly want you to have the best experience while working for them. They offer great benefits and are always willing to help in any way they can
Typical for contact agencies, low pay, no PTO
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNDecember 10, 2018
The people are TEKsystems were very nice. My agent was friendly enough, responsive and always in contact. But the nature of contract work is NOT a good thing for the worker! Starting pay for my placement via TEKsystems was $11/hr, with a cursory six-month bump to $12. I advanced quickly, passing up some coworkers that had more seniority, but that was due to my work ethic and satisfied clients and not necessarily the norm.

But even the jobs higher up the ladder paid well below industry average, and not one of them offered paid holidays. And PTO was contingent upon perfect attendance to a max of six-days per year, accrued at one day every two months of perfect attendance. If you are hospitalized or have a death in the family, it will be held against you. So you could either use the PTO for the holidays where they close shop for the day, OR for personal time. But not both.

Once in a position you do not get a raise while at that position, and there comes a point where advancement is very rare and you could be at same job, same salary for several years. Health insurance is cost prohibitive given the slave wages.

Could have asked for other placements, but all were pretty much the same. Low pay. No PTO. Expensive healthcare. And you have to start over at the bottom of seniority.

You do get some decent job experience. Particularly for deskside support roles, PC imaging, MS Office troubleshooting and installation of software/hardware. But definitely NOT a long term career path!!
Pros
Close to home, laid back work culture
Cons
LOW pay, no PTO, unaffordable healthcare costs, LOW pay, use your own car for work duties, LOW pay
They hire for other companies.
NOC Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2018
They hire for other companies.
Great people, who genuinely believe in making the world a better place.

With that said, they do cycle people through Jobs, which can turn into a career, you just really need to be at the top your game because chances are, 30 people may had that position before and were not a good fit.

Given this information, you can feel expendable with one of their opportunities, do not allow that to effect your job performance.
Pros
Great people, they will work for you and help you find a position
Cons
Employment is based on if you're a good fit for the other company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEKsystems. Our community is ready to answer.

51K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at TEKsystems.

Powered by Comparably