TEKsystems Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 587 reviews matching the search See all 2,945 reviews
Contractor Review
End User Devices - Desktop Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pentagon, DCFebruary 14, 2019
The compensation package for contractors is terrible. If you want any benefits it will subtract from your pay. Even with no benefits and the highest pay compensation package, the pay is still low compared to other contracting companies that offer benefits without affecting pay.
Pros
quick interviews with companies, quick onboarding, quick job turn around between contracts
Cons
compensation, benefits
Great contracting company
Senior Business Analyst/ Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Folsom, NJJanuary 28, 2019
Great contracting company. Management is on par with the better companies. Committed to excellence. Wonderful culture and incentive structure. A pleasure to work for.
Pros
Great benefits and compensattion
Cons
contracting firm
Terrible Benefits - Fight for your Comp
O365 Fast Track BI and Analytics Developer (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 19, 2019
Terrible benefits - this is a company that thinks Technology and high-end consultants should have the same benefits as low-level assemblers in low-skilled jobs. They were pretty excited about offering "ACA Compliant options" - my reply was "Wow - the bare minimum - nice.."

Speaking broadly - they have good positions in Technology but they are subject to the same budget issues that every large customer has. Budget gets cut at your contract company? You're out the door with two weeks notice.

You have to ASK for raises, and there is NO WAY to assure you'll get one because it's based on budget from the project at the time. The message there is fight for as much comp as you can because you won't get a raise until/unless you switch jobs.
Pros
sometimes good positions and remote work
Cons
no real contact with corp, no security, awful benefits
Great at placement
NMCI Remote Desktop Management Agent (Tier III) (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 5, 2018
Very fast paced and sometimes confusing, I learned allot about Tier 1 through 3 support. Management will return any concerns that you may have. The hardest part of the job was trying to work with the customer within the limited amount of time that was allotted.
Pros
Free Monthly dinners with your Representative
Cons
No paid holidays, sick leave or overtime
Proceed with caution
Application Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 30, 2019
Good luck getting in touch with anyone, you will get passed from department to department. Be warned they also end contracts early with little to no warning. It took me almost 5 months to get the HR/benefits person on the phone and that was after the 30 days you have to get benefits and after open enrollment. You may get a good recruiter that checks in often or one that won't reach out and will avoid you at all costs.
Good contrator/temp company
ISE Security Engineer - Active Directory (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 4, 2018
TEKSystems is a good company for finding contract work. They usually find good relevant positions for your skill set and really do a good job in getting you a position.

The only thing that I can say bad about them is their benefits. Otherwise, pay is good, people are great and they really do a good job getting contract work for you.
Pros
Pay, locating contract work in your skill set, people
Benefits
Its a job
Web Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJanuary 23, 2019
Bad, bad, bad health insurance, I hope you have a lot of money to do it yourself.

Oh, make sure you know how much exactly they are paying you after your trial time, do not accept "we'll tell you later, don't worry about it".

They pay absolutely terrible. Worse software company in the industry, as far as compensation.

My recommendation is to stay away from that place, like the "black plague". You may disagree, but after you look at what they are giving you and evaluate your compensation you will know that I am telling the truth.

They are strictly business. They are a fictitious used car lot and your a car they sell to businesses. That's it, just a source of income. Ask about how they give raises, lol bring a shield to block the brick they throw at you. They are keeping their money, and you may find yourself in trouble just asking.
Pros
Whoever they consult you with, the businesses are usually really cool
Cons
Don't expect help from the company. They are just there to collect a paycheck.
It was less than steller
Application Architect (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake County, UTJanuary 15, 2019
The position was contract to hire, the salary rate was not exactly what the hire rate was so there was a few bumps in the road there. We did work through the problems and made the corrections to move forward.
Pros
Easy to work with.
Cons
Contract work
Good starter
PC Renewal Technician (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 24, 2019
Great place to get your foot in the door of IT. They're eager to get you into your first job, not so much to get you into another. Very nice, recruiters are good people. I do believe their "contact" are worded to be the little amount.
Pros
Willing to help anyway they can at the start
Cons
very little benifits
No Contact
At-Home Tech Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Grantsville, UTDecember 26, 2018
Overall a fairly good company, however, once you are placed there is hardly any contact by the recruiter. They are not very competitive in payments and compensation which is another issue I've run across.
Keeps good contact with Employees
Infrastructure Analyst/Infrastructure Lead (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 30, 2018
If you like good communication with Mgmt, TEK Systems is a great place. If you have a short notice need to talk, they always make themselves available.
Pros
Regular lunch meetings
Review: I like TEK Systems
Business Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 4, 2018
I liked working for TEK systems. they were fair and answered any qusetions/concerns in a timely manner. They are currently working hard to get me re-employed. The benefits are decent and they have a 401K plan you can start to contribute to within 3 months of employemtn.
Good Recruitment Company to start off but with some quirks
Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 23, 2019
based on experience will determine your starting pay. As far as pay raises you have to ask them if the client would be willing to increase your pay. Some Companies have union technicians which was the case with me. If you are a sub-contractor you are at will with the cliient which means they can let you go without notice. Tek systems is a very professional orginization and will stand in your corner if you need help If your a technical professional and looking for temporary work with the possibility of permanent employment then here's a place to start.
Pros
good recruitment Company
Cons
pay increases no sick or vacation pay
Productive environment
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 31, 2018
Good management involvement in day to day activities to understand the needs of the consultants in the field.
Good education benefits
Good work environment
Pros
Salary
Cons
Little time off
High Energy & Collaborative Environment
Business Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 15, 2018
The company is very fast paced and competitive, but the culture is very fun and collaborative. Managers are very open with their employees and encourage open communication. There are many options for career advancement as well.
Pros
Team outings, free food, good PTO.
Cons
compensation could be higher for the amount of work.
No loyalty to their employees whatsoever.
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJanuary 4, 2019
I went back to school for 2 years and passed a national certification exam to begin a career in Medical Coding. I landed a job with TEK Systems working as a medical coder at a local hospital. I had barely been there two months when my contract was abruptly terminated and I was let go because one of the higher-ups at the hospital complained about me. TEK Systems never bothered to investigate or listen to my side of the story. They don't care about you at all, not when they have 5 others lined up to take your place. Stay far away.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no company loyalty, no real benefits to speak of
Fare
Tier II Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Florence, SC 29506November 6, 2018
I work with them as a contractor for another company, but at the end of the day they could care less about any issues that arise as they are more worried about the client and the client relationship .
Pros
its a job
Cons
no benefits
Work
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 11, 2019
They end you contract with only a month left you for you to find and job and they just use you to earn as much money as possible and don't increase you pay for living expenses.
Horrible communication
Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 13, 2019
HORRIBLE communication. I was un-employed for three weeks because the client ended my contract early without warning and TEKsystems wasn't there to help me when it happened. I haven't even gotten all of my personal belongings back from the client, even though I handed everything in. It has been a ridiculous process trying to find a new job with no help from them. They told me when I was first employed if something like this were to happen that they would do their best to find a new client for me to work at. That had not happened and I had to start over seeking employment on my own.

I understand this is a bad review and not everyone will leave a bad review, but DO YOUR RESEARCH first before working with TEKsystems.

Advice for management: Communicate better with your employees instead of leaving them in the dark.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
no communication, lack of trust
Job placement company
Installer (Former Employee) –  St Louis, MoJanuary 18, 2019
Job placement company only. Temporary/contract work only. Pay scale is not competitive with companies seeking applicants with like skill sets. Zero benefits outside of hourly pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEKsystems. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41K

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight