TEKsystems Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 561 reviews matching the search See all 2,784 reviews
Good Company to Work For
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLOctober 19, 2018
TEKsystems recruited me for a network engineering job and I have liked the position so far. I am working as a TEKsystems employee for another contracting company, so I don't know too much about TEKsystems themselves since I don't really talk with them much other than administrative actions. I am getting paid on time so I like what TEKsystems is doing.
Pros
Remote Work
Cons
Unorganized in-processing, compensation, benefits
Good firm for contractors
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 18, 2018
I liked Tek systems. I was able to find some contract work while looking for a full time job. I was even offered a full time position by the firm I was contractoed out to by Tek Systems, but the offer came at a time where I was offered more closer to home.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Benefits are lacking
Okay
Contractor to Clearwire (Former Employee) –  california, washington and IdahoOctober 17, 2018
When teksystems has work, they're not bad, they pay every week and on time. Wish I could work with them more often but, of recent years, they don't really get too many jobs that pay well however, in the past, I had some great times with them.
Wouldn't Recommend
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAOctober 17, 2018
Teksystem's is a good company to start with right after college. It's also a good opportunity for someone that is fine with spending 12 hours in an office with minimal results.
Pros
free lunches, flexible schedule, development training
Cons
Hours, compensation and worked lunches
it's a staffing company in the tech industry
Middleware Analyst (Nationwide) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2018
it's a staffing company in the tech industry, what more is there to say. they'll help you find a job but only if they benefit and skim off the top first, but they know a lot of people, good way to get a foot in the door.
Pros
access
Cons
expensive healthcare benefits
Staffing Company
SOC Analyst (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCOctober 13, 2018
TEK is a staffing company. The benefits are bad - just enough to be legal I'm guessing. I had to buy an insurance policy to cover the expenses not paid for by the medical insurance that I got thru TEK - which were numerous. No match on the 401k.
The salary is very good. It is just a means to an end.
Cons
no benefits
Consutling firm that supports its consultants
Manager of IT (Former Employee) –  East York, PAOctober 8, 2018
They made sure the jobs they presented me were good fits and supported me with anything I needed to successfully do my work. The benefits were ok and they allowed me to do my job.
Recruiters never find you work
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2018
If you wanted pay increase you can bet that they wont have any work for you. They will send you to places across the city for the least money they can pay you. Recruiters don't really care about you. They just want to make money off you.
Pros
Cons
Never get to work
It varies
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 2, 2018
Contract house so what you get really depends. I've had good project managers and bad. I've had the best job I've had in my life, and the worst. Benefits are bare minimum. Dental/optical isn't terrible but I hope you are young or your spouse has medical. 401k isn't matching or anything. Your contract is what you negotiate. Realize they are probably at least doubling there money on you. Make them give you the days off you need, if they offer you $20/hr, ask for $25 or $30. Biggest problem will probably be support after you are in a contract. Their job is to stick you somewhere. After that, you are passive income. So the recruiter has to be out hustling and finding someone else. It's just the nature of the business. It's not terrible, just make sure you can survive on what you negotiate up front.
Pros
Depends
Cons
Depends
Good contracting company
IS Customer Support Specialist I, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 1, 2018
Not a place to stay, but definitely a place to get a job through. As far as a contracting agent goes, not a bad one to associate yourself with. Not a whole lot more to be said about a contracting company. If you want a job in Seattle you have to go through a contracting agency in most cases.
Pros
Required to get many jobs
Cons
no benefits, no time off
Contract work, working in different industries.
Desktop Support Contractor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 30, 2018
I loved working for TEKsystems, their recruiters got you into the right job for your talents. They seemed to really care about getting you into a job that you had the opportunity for full-time employment.
Pros
Free lunches, TEKsystems branded shirts, coffee cups etc...
Cons
Short term contracts
I had a good experience
Trainer (Former Employee) –  USSeptember 26, 2018
Being a contract employee, it was a good experience. The pay was great, the hours were great and the people we interacted with were great for the most part. The supervisor for our project was not that great. She was a contractor, like the rest of us, but apparently knew someone at the company. Many on the team were complaining about how we were being treated.At that time, we were just glad to have a job especially since it paid well!
Pros
Good pay rates
Poor health care benefits and they are not an advocate for the worker
Global Physical Security Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CASeptember 26, 2018
TEKsystems has the worst health care benefits and the lowest amount of vacation time from any company I have ever worked for. No match for the 401k plan.
Cons
Expensive health care, sparse vacation time
Great starting expereience
Lead Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2018
TekSystems is a great company to work for if you are brand new to IT. They will place you in a contract that they feel is best suited for you. They take care of the contractors and make sure that you are happy and if you are not they will look for another contract for you.
Pros
Job Placement
Cons
No real benefits
Bad Company To Work For
Systems contractor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 17, 2018
Cheated on salary, immature/incompetent management, and work/life balance is insufficient. So many problems with certain recruiters at TEK Systems (being harassed).
Pros
Job role flexibility
Cons
Pay, schedule, recruiters/management
Not a very pleasant environment
Associate Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCSeptember 17, 2018
Lowest pay of the Industry, horrible benefits, management impossible to get a hold of, even harder to get pay discrepancies taken care of. No opportunity for getting higher pay, They bid all their jobs very low to barely pay you enough to live
Great for experience
I.T. Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLSeptember 11, 2018
First contract with Teksystems, good pay and compensation.
It's a contractor placement /recruiting company so don't expect long term or permanent jobs.
Good place to start in IT
Computer and Information Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 11, 2018
Most of the jobs are contract some can be long term other not so. Low compensation for contract techicians. nice place to work if just starting out in the industry.
Pros
Nice place to start
Cons
Low starting wages
Temporary.
MATERIAL HANDLER II IMT (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 9, 2018
With the smoke and mirror scam that these people play, It's hard to see why anyone who bother staying here. I don't see any chance for advancement and there will not be any that i could see coming up in the near future.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lack of benefits, poor leadership
Best staffing company to work for
Recruiter (Agency Recruiting/Staffing/Sales) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 5, 2018
TEKsystems really has a strong commitment to helping grow their recruiters and help them achieve success. From day one, I received nothing but support from management and leadership in the office. The training is better than you will find in most staffing companies. The base salary is also higher than market value. The work is challenging, but you have so much autonomy over how you operate They are also a promote form within culture. . I would recommend anyone looking to go in to agency recruiting to work at TEKsystems.
Pros
Great culture, great training, great leadership
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEKsystems. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

56out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at TEKsystems.

Powered by Comparably