TEKsystems Pay & Benefits reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 536 reviews matching the search See all 2,677 reviews
Beware the three year contract
IT Security Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 14, 2018
Was hired for a three year contract with Bank of America, was terminated in less of a year due to lack of available work. Other than that they offer training but the benefits are less than desirable.
Pros
Money
Cons
Contract can end at any time.
Productive workplace
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 7, 2018
Nice management and works well with others

Flexible working hours

A little stressful but able to relax

Great co-workers, willing to help when needed
Culture of "Servant Attitude"
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 2, 2018
The culture is that of false compliments and poor management designed to cover up poor training and leadership skills. The training is more of waiting for mistakes and penalizing instead of actual teaching.
Pros
Weekly pay and good benefits
Cons
No room for growth
Good Out of College Job (Corporate)
Manager of Operations Support (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 30, 2018
It is a good career starter to get your feet wet. They really ease you into the corporate world. After becoming a Senior Business Operations Associate in the West Coast, there really isn't anywhere else to move up. All the jobs are at the Baltimore office and they are not willing to move them to Tempe anytime soon.
Pros
Cons
Compensation, Opportunity
Great
Program Manager, Critical Environment PM (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 30, 2018
I was a vendor at Microsoft working for Teksystems so I following the rules and aman agement at Microsoft. The people were great, flexible schedule, i could work from home and the pay was good.
Pros
Cons
good people
Teksystems really invests in employees
Sr Content Manager for a Major Healthcare Company (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXJuly 25, 2018
This was one of the best places I have worked at. What I really like about Teksystems is there is ongoing training and encouragement from the managers and team leaders. They really invest time in advancing your career. I worked remotely and that was a plus as well. I was promoted a year after I started my job. Typical work day included morning meeting and then work throughout the day on the project. There were also afternoon meetings. We used SCRUM methodology, which as a content person, I was not familiar with but was given the necessary training. The best part of the job was working from home and the flexible work schedule.
Pros
Competitive salary, remote work, good managers
Cons
Little opportunities to meet with staff
TEKsystems Contractor
Business Analyst, Americas Biz Ops (Client: Cisco) (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 16, 2018
I work for TEKsystems as contractor at client & therefore have no review for working at TEKsystems. My review is therefore based on pay, benefits & the occasional interactions.
Pros
Certified Staffing Agency with Cisco Systems
Cons
Contractor Benefits are below par, Contractor Rate is below par
Good Temp Agency
Windows 7 Upgrade Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
Worked with TekSystems for several years when I was between full-time jobs. They were the most reliable in getting me medium- to long-term contracts. Benefits are available, but optional.
contract job.
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 7, 2018
Getting paid thirty dollars an hour, and weekly was really great. I was stationed in Volo, IL. that was the worst part. I only was contracted for six months.
Underpaid and lied to about pay rates
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 2, 2018
Be careful about trusting what they say about how much they are going to pay you, what is the most they can pay you and what you'll make if your hired by the company your contracting for. I worked with other people who were contracted by TekSystems and even though we were in the same job and hired around the same time, we were paid several dollars different even though TekSystems tried to deny that they could make the pay even.
Cons
No paid vacation days

Want to know more about TEKsystems?

Ask a question
my ability
Sr. Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 28, 2018
I have learned agreat deal working @ Stanley, Black & Decker. Mostly on the job & figuring out how to do it. I like the work & i enjoy helping people mostly every day
Pros
Independent working coditions some what flexible
Cons
Pay is low, benfits: medical not good, time off, very little, holidays minimal
Decent Recruiting agency
PC WORKSTATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJune 26, 2018
TEKsystems is able to find you work very swiftly but they've got an unusual culture within their business. No two reps are the same in how they talk, approach, negotiate, etc. etc. So if you happen to get a stingy rep that refuses to give you a higher pay, that's probably it. Whereas, sometimes you'll get lucky and find more flexible representatives that are willing to pay you what you're worth.

The company itself is fine and they're pretty good at find places to employ their workers at. The benefits would probably be ok but I don't personally make enough to afford them.

I've learned a lot of I.t. skills working at one of the companies TEKsystems got me a job at. My value is exponentially higher than what I walked in with.

I.t. work varies for what you sign up for. TEKsystems will typically be the company that manages your paychecks and that's about it.
Pros
Good starting point for getting into Information technology
Cons
No raises, 50/50 chance on getting a flexible rep, low starting pay rates
Easy Work Life, not much Movement
Network Technician DDS (LEAD) (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 25, 2018
I was contracted to the T-Mobile NOC. Great place, Great people. very relaxed and they guaranteed 40 hours. Hard to get a raise or move up. Its a great entry level job to get in the industry but no much else.
Employer is very friendly and treat you with respect not just a commision
Desktop Analyst (Current Employee) –  Culpeper, VAJune 25, 2018
Will recomend teksystem staff will call you and check to see how everything is going on your assignment ,whether through phone call or skype session and the benefits are great
Contractorial position with no benefits
Contractor (United Technologies, Corp., Farmington (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJune 25, 2018
If you have a partner or spouse and can afford to be a contractor with no paid time off or decent benefits then this is a position for you. I would not recommend for the simple fact that the cost of medical and dental insurance is extremely high and you end up paying a large portion of your paycheck just to cover benefits. They do not offer any paid time off and expect you to fulfill your contract with no time of.
Pros
Cons
healthcare, no paid time off
Was a good place to work until I found permanent placement
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 24, 2018
Enjoyed working with many of the folks there. Very responsive. Worked diligently to make sure that i had contracts available. The benefits were a bit dodgy, but the rest of it was fine.
Organization in transition
Global Delivery Director (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 20, 2018
TEKsystems has a great history and reputation for finding top talent to help clients. TEKsystems is in the process of attempting to transition into a more services based model. There is still a heavy focus on staffing and that tends to cloud the perspectives needed to make the full transition.
Pros
Very diverse technology and client base
Cons
benefits and pay need to be reviewed and adjusted
Keeps your job interesting by working at many locations that needs help
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 11, 2018
Very good Consulting firm. Management is always very nice and will work with you as much as they can to help you have a good experience and get good experience.

Helps you, as an employee, get better with working with new people, places, and equipment.
Pros
working at new places and with new people on a regular basis
Cons
benefits could be better
Field Service Technician position based on pay by work order
I.T. - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2018
Typical technician position based on pay by call. Travel and work by day and home at night. Contract work which is good if its a long project. I have no complaints based on the business model and the fact that it was contract work. I was hoping it may turn into a permanent job but that is always a gamble with contract work.
Pros
got paid
Cons
did not turn into full time.
Not a bad place, but needs more pay
Data Center Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMay 30, 2018
The amount getting paid to work on millions of dollars worth of equipment is sad. Needs PTO and more communication between the vendor and the company.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No PTO, benefits are terrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEKsystems. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

82%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

76%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss