TEKsystems Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 579 reviews matching the search See all 2,871 reviews
Typical for contact agencies, low pay, no PTO
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNDecember 10, 2018
The people are TEKsystems were very nice. My agent was friendly enough, responsive and always in contact. But the nature of contract work is NOT a good thing for the worker! Starting pay for my placement via TEKsystems was $11/hr, with a cursory six-month bump to $12. I advanced quickly, passing up some coworkers that had more seniority, but that was due to my work ethic and satisfied clients and not necessarily the norm.

But even the jobs higher up the ladder paid well below industry average, and not one of them offered paid holidays. And PTO was contingent upon perfect attendance to a max of six-days per year, accrued at one day every two months of perfect attendance. If you are hospitalized or have a death in the family, it will be held against you. So you could either use the PTO for the holidays where they close shop for the day, OR for personal time. But not both.

Once in a position you do not get a raise while at that position, and there comes a point where advancement is very rare and you could be at same job, same salary for several years. Health insurance is cost prohibitive given the slave wages.

Could have asked for other placements, but all were pretty much the same. Low pay. No PTO. Expensive healthcare. And you have to start over at the bottom of seniority.

You do get some decent job experience. Particularly for deskside support roles, PC imaging, MS Office troubleshooting and installation of software/hardware. But definitely NOT a long term career path!!
Pros
Close to home, laid back work culture
Cons
LOW pay, no PTO, unaffordable healthcare costs, LOW pay, use your own car for work duties, LOW pay
Not a fun place
PC TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNDecember 6, 2018
this position that I'm currently in at this place is the ok at best. you use your own personal car with no reimbursement. I would not recommend this place.
Pros
good hours
Cons
low pay, using you own car with no reimbustment
Great at placement
NMCI Remote Desktop Management Agent (Tier III) (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 5, 2018
Very fast paced and sometimes confusing, I learned allot about Tier 1 through 3 support. Management will return any concerns that you may have. The hardest part of the job was trying to work with the customer within the limited amount of time that was allotted.
Pros
Free Monthly dinners with your Representative
Cons
No paid holidays, sick leave or overtime
Review: I like TEK Systems
Business Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 4, 2018
I liked working for TEK systems. they were fair and answered any qusetions/concerns in a timely manner. They are currently working hard to get me re-employed. The benefits are decent and they have a 401K plan you can start to contribute to within 3 months of employemtn.
Good contrator/temp company
ISE Security Engineer - Active Directory (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 4, 2018
TEKSystems is a good company for finding contract work. They usually find good relevant positions for your skill set and really do a good job in getting you a position.

The only thing that I can say bad about them is their benefits. Otherwise, pay is good, people are great and they really do a good job getting contract work for you.
Pros
Pay, locating contract work in your skill set, people
Benefits
Great contracting company with good benefits
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALDecember 2, 2018
Great contracting company with good health benefits

Provides help with finding new contract positions

Contracts are with great companies.

Great management team
Pros
Helps find new contracting positions
Cons
Good Company but jobs are temporary
SECURITY INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 29, 2018
My overall experience with Teksystems was good. But jobs are temporary. You do not get benefits. They are Job Recruiters. You don't work for them they find you a job with another company.
Pros
good pay
Cons
can change at anytime
High Energy & Collaborative Environment
Business Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 15, 2018
The company is very fast paced and competitive, but the culture is very fun and collaborative. Managers are very open with their employees and encourage open communication. There are many options for career advancement as well.
Pros
Team outings, free food, good PTO.
Cons
compensation could be higher for the amount of work.
good Stable company
Tier2 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 12, 2018
good stable company. They have a lot to offer someone just starting out. they offer insurance and time off of work. They train you and help you with career advancement
Pros
good work conditions
Cons
low pay
Fare
Tier II Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Florence, SC 29506November 6, 2018
I work with them as a contractor for another company, but at the end of the day they could care less about any issues that arise as they are more worried about the client and the client relationship .
Pros
its a job
Cons
no benefits
Contract work
Contract Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 6, 2018
Easy to work with, benefits offered, not hard to get into contact with representative when needed. Hours and pay rate stated matched hours and pay rate received.
nice company
Low Voltage Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 31, 2018
Management find employee's work. There are occasional calls from the recruiter to see how the assignment is progressing. Tek System loans employee's to company's looking to staff technician positions for large projects. Compensation is fair and given in a timely fashion.
Pros
fair and quick compensation
Cons
down time in between projects
Keeps good contact with Employees
Infrastructure Analyst/Infrastructure Lead (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 30, 2018
If you like good communication with Mgmt, TEK Systems is a great place. If you have a short notice need to talk, they always make themselves available.
Pros
Regular lunch meetings
Satisfactory company with benefits.
SENIOR TECHNICAL WRITER (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 29, 2018
Satisfactory company with benefits. Position was 100% remote, which was beneficial for completing time-intensive writing and editing tasks. Paid benefits.
Pros
Remote position
Cons
Job security
Pleasent
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NEOctober 23, 2018
Tek Systems is not your typical contractor company. They recruiters and management seem to take interest and truly want you to have the best experience while working for them. They offer great benefits and are always willing to help in any way they can
IT Consulting
Project Manager - Release Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 21, 2018
TEKsystems is an IT Consulting company. They have many clients. They are very supportive of there employees. The health benefits for a contractor are high.
Contracted to Bank of America as a Web Engineer
Sr. Windows IIS Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 21, 2018
Had the opportunity to work from home. Enjoyed my job as a web engineer contractor at Bank of America but did not have the opportunity to go full-time although I did work beyond what was expected from me.
Pros
work from home
Cons
No vacation, sick leave, and not much benefits.
Good Company to Work For
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLOctober 19, 2018
TEKsystems recruited me for a network engineering job and I have liked the position so far. I am working as a TEKsystems employee for another contracting company, so I don't know too much about TEKsystems themselves since I don't really talk with them much other than administrative actions. I am getting paid on time so I like what TEKsystems is doing.
Pros
Remote Work
Cons
Unorganized in-processing, compensation, benefits
Good firm for contractors
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 18, 2018
I liked Tek systems. I was able to find some contract work while looking for a full time job. I was even offered a full time position by the firm I was contractoed out to by Tek Systems, but the offer came at a time where I was offered more closer to home.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Benefits are lacking
Okay
Contractor to Clearwire (Former Employee) –  california, washington and IdahoOctober 17, 2018
When teksystems has work, they're not bad, they pay every week and on time. Wish I could work with them more often but, of recent years, they don't really get too many jobs that pay well however, in the past, I had some great times with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEKsystems. Our community is ready to answer.

51K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at TEKsystems.

Powered by Comparably